• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Super Destroyer

Super Destroyer is Staying on Track

My goal for the next 2 weeks is to lose at least 5 lbs.

I will accomplish this by continuing to eat paleo and do HIIT at least 4 days a week.

I am dropping SL 5x5 for two weeks to give my shoulder time to heal up.  I witll resume on January 7 and will start back -10-15 lbs on each lift.

Good luck to everyone on their holiday goals!

Got to the gym around seven am and did some stretching, light lifting with my shoulder, and did a 10k on the elliptical. Made it in34:48, which only a little off my best time back in early October. Felt good to sweat again as I had not worked out since last Thursday.

Realized today that regular workouts are going to be huge for me in maintaining this lifestyle. I cant imagine not being able to workout for an extended amount of time. Here's to a healthy New year to all my ND comrades!

• Like 1

I think I know why people sometimes are away from writing stuff on their challenge page. They "get off track." At least, that is what happened to me. Well, I am back and on track. Been riding the crazy train for the past several days. Painting, cleaning, moving furniture, and trying to stay out of the way of the guys remodeling the bathroom and putting down a new floor in the living room. It is mostly all done now.

I ate good yesterday, no sugar! Then got up this morning and did the 10k in a record time of 32:30. (On the elliptical.) Felling great this morning!

• Like 1

awesome job. 

I think I know why people sometimes are away from writing stuff on their challenge page. They "get off track."

Plenty of people will give the excuse of not having enough time and being really busy, but cmon, 5 minutes to write you did for workouts/eating is not impossible. It's a matter of not WANTING to, instead of not being able to.  We're sticking with this.  Btw, great job again from that thread where you posted that suit you fit into.

• Like 1

Ate well yesterday and so far today. Had my omelet for breakfast, salad w/chicken for lunch, and squash, zucchini, carrots, and cabbage for supper Monday. Had a banana and almond butter for a snack. Today was an omelette for breakfast and tuna with olive oil, balsamic boner, and mustard for lunch. Having pork loin with veggies tonight. Haven't weighed, and i won't officially until I can get back on the scaled at work on Friday. Happy New Year's to all!

Okay, so I was having a really good day yesterday. I didn't go to the gym, but did a lot of work inside and outside of the house. Ate well right up to when my daughter came over and made sausage balls. Definitely not paleo. Ugh.

On the plus side, I did get up early and hit the gym. I did 22 min of HIIT on the elliptical, and got the heart rate up there pretty good. It kicked my butt, but made me feel better. :)

Here's to a productive 2014!

Ate way better the last two days. I was lazy and slept in late today, but made up for it before lunch with a 3 mile walk/run. I ran at least two of the miles, easily the most I have run in 25 years. ( Although it was nonconsecutive). I think one of my goals for this next challenge will be to run three miles w/o walking. Go back to work tomorrow, and I will be happy to get back on a better schedule.

Ate tuna salad this morning for breakfast. Weird, right? I made it last night because I PLANNED to hit the gym before work today, and eat the tuna afterwards Did it happen? Nooooooo.... Stayed up watching a movie with my wife last night, so I didn't get up on time. I am back at work today, but it is a teacher workday, (no kids), so it is pretty laid back. I made the tuna salad with 2 boiled eggs, about a quarter of an apple, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. It had eggs, so it was "like" breakfast. I am having leftover pork loin and mixed veggies, (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots), that I cooked with it, for lunch. Tonight I am making stir fry with some pork butt I had left over from Wednesday, and a couple of bags of broccoli slaw with cabbage and carrots. I guess I am lucky that I am one of those people that are perfectly okay with eating the same stuff over and over. I can see how paleo would get boring for some people. I find that, as long as I stay away from stuff with sugar, I do fine. I got derailed a little over the holidays just by trying a cookie. Once I tasted that sugar, I jumped on the crazy train for about 2 weeks. Not like I used to, but enough to scare me. For me, it is definitely an addiction. I can't tell you how much better I feel without all those non-paleo things, though. :)

• Like 1

Ugh!!!!  I have twice typed in this, my next to last post on this subject, only to TWICE lose it!  I am now going to give a super short summary of what I have typed before.

Eating paleo:  C+  Too much holiday sugary!!

Working out:  B-  Only got in 3 workouts a week, rather than the four I planned.

I will report my weight lass for the challenge tomorrow.  I was down 2.5 as of Friday. so I know I will probably fall short, but I since I have probably NEVER made it through this season of the year with a deficit, so I will be thankful for how things went.  

I resolve to bare down and get it done in the next challenge, called "Defining Super Destroyer".  Hope to see you there!

Okay, here is the final post for this challenge. I did not make my weight loss goal, though I am not down about it. Lost exactly 1/2 of what I set out to lose, but the most important thing is that I lost 3.5 lbs in the last three weeks, while sugary treats and holidays were surrounding me! So, hurray! On to the next challenge.