Hello, all.

I'm Kat, and I run. Well, I try to run. Since early August I've been using the Zombies! Run! app to get myself to a point where I'm comfortable calling myself a litte-r-runner. I want to be a Big-R-Runner, though, and since that is a textbook example of levelling up, here I am.

I live in Western Australia with my girlfriend, cat and enough yarn to dress the Sydney Opera House. I'm vegan (since April 2013), have a science degree (Ecology, Wildlife Biology were my majors, in case you're wondering) and I work for a giant hardware retailer, and really enjoy my job.

My body's lived a whole lot of life in my 32 years and it's got some hiccups to show for it, like back problems, bad wrists and shoulders, and a bung foot. Excuses are boring, though, so I'm trying to learn how to work around those issues.

I'm not much of a nerd, except about weird obscure things like knitting, spinning (yarn, not cycling) and occult science. I'm tough-minded, cynical and sceptical, though, so I figure I can quietly hang here and leech off y'all.

• Like 1

Mistress of the Inadvertent Pun

Wielder of Understatements

Guest Dirty Deads

Wow, by your name I swore you'd be a Warrior. So, you spin your own yarn? My gf is going to love you. She can't stop filling our apartment with yarn. Granted,she doesn't make her own, just crochets a lot.

And excuse me, you have a science degree, you most certainly ARE a nerd! Welcome to the Rebellion.

Welcome Thor Hammer!

I'm sure you'll find a way to work around your issues. Don't worry, the bad back tends to go away as you get in better shape. Hey, being a nerd isn't about loving video games or D&D! Hmm, an interest in occult sciences, making your own yarn, a degree in science... You are most definitely a nerd! Welcome to the rebellion, sister! (I'm assuming from the name Kat... Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Oooh, what kind of cat do you have? Pictures! Oh please of please of please :love-struck:

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Oooh, what kind of cat do you have? Pictures! Oh please of please of please :love-struck:

She's a Devon Rex, about 14 years old, and the apple of my eye. It's really best not to get me talking about her :-P I'll see if I can put in a pic...

P.S. Yes, I am indeed of the girly persuasion, generally speaking, anyway :-P

post-25340-0-56173600-1388412281_thumb.j

Mistress of the Inadvertent Pun

Wielder of Understatements

Same here sister! But hey, what I've noticed in my two months in the rebellion is that if you just say hi, someone will find a way to include you in the conversation! Sometimes, a little more attention than you bargain for, but anyways, welcome to the community Thorhammer!

I want to be as strong as I need to be. Physically, as well as mentally.

"Even a reject can surpass an elite, if he trains hard enough!" - Goku

I refuse to fail!

Ray, Lvl 2 Orc Monk

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 4|WIS 4|CHA 2

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge
Facebook / Twitter
^^FRIEND ME/FOLLOW ME^^

Heya, Kat! I was just skimming through your posts... Have you tried barefoot trainers at all? They make them out of a very thin sole, perfectly suited for adapting your foot to running properly barefoot. I bought a pair in the Spring here, and they are perfect. Merrell makes them here in the States, check them out if you haven't yet!

Also, noticed your post about unwanted weight loss after going Vegan. I know some people who experienced the same issue, I have some ideas that might help you keep your weight were you want it while you train. I personally didn't have that issue, but I cook all the time, so the weight and I stayed pretty friendly with each other!

Send me a message if you would like, I would be happy to share some completely unsolicited Vegan ideas with you!

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG