Christmas report

Sunmage

Druids!

It is time to reflect and report about this challenge.

And it is time to celebrate christmans with your loved ones!

Post a summary here, grading yourselves on each of your goals on an A to F scale (see below). Then give yourselves an overall grade for the challenge.

Check out this post for all challenge info and questions.

Grading Yourself and Awarding Attribute Points

At the end of the challenge, give yourself a grade on how you did achieving your goals. Then, based on how you did, award points. Partial points are allowed.

A - 100% B - 75% C - 50% D - 25% F - 0%

Here is a link for a chart to help with the math.

Remember to talk about your succeses. You are more likely to be picked as a nominee if you talk about how your chellenge went and what you learned. If you need examples look at the other guilds. If you need help feel free to ask!

Don't forget to log your success in the mini challenge!

Have an awesome time summarizing the amazing things you achieved during the challenge!

See you next time!

Have a wonderful christmas time and a happy new year.

If you already miss us take a look at our holiday challenge!

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

(Copied from my thread)

FINAL GRADES!!

Meditation = B

Yoga = A-

Sleep = C+

I absolutely could have done a much better job, but I'm very happy with my grades regardless because of how sick I've been during the month of December (I tend to sleep a bajillion times more than usual when I'm ill and can't do a lot of moving when the cold moves into my chest).  I can't wait to get back to running (I haven't done so since the beginning of the month), but I've really done well with Yoga in lieu of running.  My boyfriend bought me an Ultimate Collection, 6 disk, box set of Yoga DVDs for one of my Christmas gifts and I tried one of the sessions this morning, and CAN'T WAIT to get through all the lessons.  I freaking love Yoga!  I have decided that I will start doing Yoga 5 or more days a week and then (once I feel 100% not ill anymore), run two or three times a week.  I also received 2 new Paleo cookbooks as gifts and can't wait to try some new recipes!   

Life Quest (Posture) = B

I'm giving myself a B because I tried very hard to be very aware of my posture, but when I got sick - my body ached so bad that it was everything I had to try to sit straight, so I ended up slouching a lot.  Even so, I've received comments from a few people on how straight I've been sitting and I saw a picture of me taken on Thanksgiving when I didn't know a camera was on me, and I was pleasantly surprised at how tall I was standing.  I also think the Yoga has helped to strengthen my back muscles, so it doesn't seem to hurt as much to sit straight as it did the first couple of weeks of the challenge.

Side Quest (Maintenance) = A+

Not only did I not gain any weight at all, I've lost a little more than 4 pounds since the start of the challenge.  When I saw my family yesterday on Christmas Eve, they all carried on about how much weight I'd lost.  It felt great!  I ate just a very tiny amount of Christmas goodies, enough to get my cravings satisfied, but not so much that I felt sick to my stomach.  People are finally starting to accept the new way of eating I've established, so no one sent me home with plates and plates of goodies and cookies.  That feels great too!  Another majorly exciting thing for me is that I have switched to drinking coffee completely black!  I never in a million years thought I would actually like the taste of black coffee, but I can't imagine drinking it any other way now.

Even though I haven't officially joined the Holiday Mini Challenge, I'm working very hard to not use the holidays as an excuse to let everything go to the wayside.  This is the first Christmas that I've actually lost weight instead of gaining, and I'm feeling wonderful.  My mental state seems a bit more settled now as well.  I still have rough days, but I just find my happy place and visit it when I'm feeling emotionally drained or stressed.  Just because it's winter outside, doesn't mean it can't be a warm summer day in the mountains of my mind.   :tranquil:

Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

To save myself the time, I am copy/pasting straight from my thread.

So...it's over...time to recap.

My weight loss ended at 193lbs. That means I kept losing, without gaining anything back.

Working out was done for 3 weeks, at my stated amount of 3x/week. Therefore, I will be grading that as a 50%, meaning a E.

Sleeping earlier was done every night since that goal was changed. Until then though, meditation was done on a 50/50 basis. I will be giving myself a 75%, meaning a C.

Puzzles were done everyday. There were no days that were missed. This gives me a 100% on this goal, for a grade of A+.

Overall, I believe I could have done better. The average grade was 75%, meaning a grade of C.

Next challenge will be better.

• Like 1

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,

Challenge Summary

1. Look after my teeth - CON +4

- no sugary food at work

- no more hot chocolate drinks (max: 3 over a weekend if needed, none during the week)

- clean teeth twice a day

- use mouthwash twice a week

I set myself quite a high bar with those four sub-goals, however I basically stuck to this except for a week where I was away!

Am pleased with this, as in a previous challenge, I'd set myself just the top two of those sub-goals as one sub-goal and failed miserably!

Grade B

2. Stand up straight - STA +3

Did really well with this.  Have started to notice that my shoulders are clenched up all the time, so feel like I'm unravelling the posture problem bit by bit.

Grade A

3. Continue to minimise/get flat tidy - WIS +3

This was a substitute goal after I couldn't find my brown inhaler.

While I certainly wasn't in A-star land, I did donate several bags of stuff to charity, and got rid of loads of paper stacked in the 'to-process' tray, and the house is in an okay state.  Always more can be done.    :)

Grade B

4. Start exercising again - DEX +3

Gym twice a week.

Total failure on this account - disappointed with myself.  Kept waiting for energy to return so I could go to gym, but realised at end of challenge that not going to the gym was responsible for the lack of energy.  So chicken-and-egg.  The cold dark nights were a feeble excuse against popping out to go to the gym, too.

Grade F

5. Keep learning - WIS +3

Started off on this goal, but felt burned out after last challenge's uber-learning drive, so it all petered out.  Note: don't take things to extremes next time.

Grade D

Overall Challenge: Grade C

Not my finest challenge, but I achieved my goal of healthier teeth and my posture continues to improve, both of which are big steps for me.

Despite not going to the gym, I maintained my weight throughout the challenge - probably due to a lack of sugary food!

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

Physical Goals

1. Eat low-carb.   +2 STA, +2 CON, +1 CHR - I got 10%, at best, of this.  So F.
  2. Work at learning a handstand.   +2 DEX, +2 STA - I practiced almost every day until I got sick, then fell off.  Nonetheless, I managed quite a bit of progress, so C.
  3. Start tracking my workouts again. +2 STR - Nailed this one A.

Life Quest

1. I will practice music for thirty minutes at least three times per week. +2 WIS, +2 CHR.  Due to the season, this was probably a bit too easy.  A

Total +1 DEX, +1 STA, +2 STR, +2 WIS, +2 CHR

Level 8 Human Druid

STR 10 DEX 8.5 STA 11 CON 11 WIS 11 CHA 12

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not Eureka! (I found it!) but rather, 'hmm... that's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov

Copy paste:

Now, the holidays have finally come, and I have rested!! Great feeling.

Summary of my seventh challenge

The numbers

Running 

12 times. That makes an average of twice per week. I  did not manage to run 20 k at any occasion.

On the positive side I walked and biked a lot, so I am awarding myself a C.

See below for one of the reasons that I didn't run as much (Facing my weaknesses)

Yoga

41 times, a solid A. 

It feels like I have a good routine, and also the fact that I don't have any musts as regards to how long I need to spend on the mat each day leads to it being a lot easier.

Studying

At least on twelve occasion. An A. This means a lot to me. I am back. My brain is functioning again…..

Facing my weaknesses.

Challenging myself in a careful but still more demanding way, facing my weaknesses, questioning my choices and growing; no matter how painful it is...

Yes, I made it shine.

One of the biggest things is that I am back on the on-call list. I was so incredibly nervous - and the week before I slept poorly, had nightmares and was in general completely freaked out. But I endured and told myself that I'll just get through and it would feel easier. SO IT DID. Wow, a great feeling.

Average grade: B

Did I make it shine? Well, I think so at least!

I have gotten my life back, and moving to another city has allowed me to smile again and enjoy work again. I enjoy the feedback from caring colleagues so much and I am growing each day. Living away from my partner is difficult but we are nurturing romance on Skype and the weekends we spend together, and are making flexible plans for the future.

Moving back towards a healthy life, incorporating the risk that I will have a backlash into everyday life, feels fantastic. I have been very open at my new workplace and they have already given me valuable feedback. And, they APPRECIATE me. I haven't felt that in a LONG time

Making the change this fall was very scary, but I have no regrets. 

My yoga is a my scaffolding for my inner calm, as is my running and that also keeps all of me in shape. My brain is just getting into the daily routine of working out :-)

This was a great, and very difficult challenge

I have chosen to believe in myself.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines