• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
erithehedgehog

Well this is problematic.

Hey folks!

I'm new here, my name is Eri, and I'm not sure which guild is right for me.

I'm a student, moving to a new country for the final 6 months of uni, so everything I do is on a budget (a tight one at that!) I'm pretty much an average build, and the only exercise I've ever shown any aptitude in is swimming. I would also like to learn some form of martial art, but that would probably have to wait until I've got a decent job.

So my question is, which guild would suit me best?

Thanking you muchly!

My suggestion would be to first figure out what goals you have, and then start the first challenge with other first timers.  After the first six-week challenge you will have had plenty of time to discover which guild has a focus that appeals most to you.  Many of up have moved between guilds as our interests and fitness-focuses have changed, so don't feel that you are locked in.  First, get some good goals, and figure out how you are going to change your lifehabits to achieve them. 

Thank you Erick The Red. Out of curiosity, is your name a reference to The Lost Vikings? (I'm probably totally wrong, I played it years ago and I can't remember the names too well). I'm going to have to have a serious think about this.

Just like Erick said, guild-hopping is not at all uncommon.  ^_^ You don't at all have to choose a guild and stick with it for the rest of your days; think of the guilds as aligning with the focus of your interests.  As our interests shift, so can our guild!  I second what Erick said about starting with the Adventurer's guild for your first challenge, and use that time to better familiarize yourself with your routines, habits, likes, and dislikes.  I know one person who, during one of his early challenges, 'visited' each of the guilds for a week during the challenge to see which one suited him the best.  Feel free to drop into the chat room and ask questions whenever you want ^_^ That's why we're here.  Whatever you decide, we're thrilled to have you, and welcome to the Rebellion! :D

Thank you Erick The Red. Out of curiosity, is your name a reference to The Lost Vikings? (I'm probably totally wrong, I played it years ago and I can't remember the names too well). I'm going to have to have a serious think about this.

Erick the Red is a reference to Eric the Red, Norse explorer who settled Greenland.  Erick is the common spelling in Sweden.  Eric/Erik/Erick all the same thing.