• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MissMormie

MissMormie 3 days of Christmas and new years celebration

Between today and jan 3 there are 6(!) dinners planned with family in laws and different friends. We have a big new years tradition here with several specific foods just for that day. Celebration starts at 3pm and lasts easily to 3pm with lighting fireworks. Last week I decided to go primal cause why would one week before christmas be bad timing?!

Obviously the gym is closed for half the period and the weather outside is abysmal. Rainy cold and windy with the occassional winterstorm mixed in with just 7-ish hours of daylight. Also I hurt my back last week so haven't run for a bit as well.

Yeah, not the best setting for exercise and weightloss but that's the setting. Lots of fun though ;)

The plan: stick to mostly primal, do 2 runs and 2 lifting days rather than three and take some vitamin D. Weight maintenance is the goal more than losing but that would be nice as well.

bd6ad874-ec59-4cce-bac3-3bd5bb0ab7f0_zps

Jummy, dinner on Christmas eve. The coleslaw was a left over of Saturday, the bacon burger a Sunday thing and the red cabbage is newly made, with an amazing 28 ingredients on this plate (if I counted correctly).

White cabbage, carrot, granny smith apple, hazlenut, cranberries, white wine vinegar, honey, sour cream, mayonaise, mustard, horseradish, beef, bacon, red onion, garlic, paprika, oregano, dill, rosemary, mushrooms, butter, red cabbage, elstar (apple), raisins, cloves, cinnamon, pepper and salt.

And yes, that was a primal and healthy meal ;) 

Today going out for a walk to spot some storks, then to a dance performance (nutcracker) and after eat dinner at my parents.

Merry Christmas! 

First day of Christmas has passed, we racletted (?) with my parents, which is basically the national Christmas meal here. But it's nice because it means you can determine for yourself what you eat, and more importantly, what you'll skip. So no bread, no blinis no hamburgerbuns and shoarma with the shoarma sandwich. There weren't much vegetables so I sticked to fish and meat instead, which was good. I think there probably was a bit of sugar in the sauces and the pineapple tasted suspiciously sweet but overall I feel the food I eat was mostly primal.

We failed to spot any stork during our walk yesterday, but this morning there was one in our back yard which was nice :)

Today I did my run, which went terrible, I'm starting to think my body just wasn't build for running. I've been running for about 9 months in a row now (with similar stretches in the previous years) but I still can't run any distance without feeling broken down. Ie. I did 3,5km which was a struggle as every run is a struggle. I've tried the running slower thing people always say but there isn't a slower way to run then I'm currently doing. But for now there's still the 10k and the 6k mudmasters planned for March, so run I will.

And yummy it was :)

Second day of christmas I went for a run and dinner at the in laws, all primal except for good ice cream. Not too worried about that.

Third day of Christmas went to the gym for my workout. Back is still hurting a bit but almost better so skipped the deadlifts. It's still nice and quiet in the gym, probably won't be next week... After we went to friends at around 2 pm where was an impressive amount a candy leftovers and other unhealthy stuff even before dinner. I didn't touch the junk which didn't really was an issue and I brought my own dinner. Then later that night.. Yeah a full bottle of goldstrike that a friend of mine and i emptied later it suddenly was 5am. I haven't a clue how much sugar and alcohol was in that but I think too much is the right answer.

My bf left hours earlier as we said we'd just fall asleep on the couch. Actually I found a bed and crashed. Waking up at 11ish feeling surprisingly ok. Went home and then... the hangover hit. Ate basically nothing and did nothing but sleep and feel sick. Which i totally had coming. But not eating = fasting = primal right :)

Back to bed now and hopefully feel better in the morning

yeah, the gym will be jumping with all the new year's resolution people coming in and going all the time and then dissappearing after a month.

Sunday was a rather slow day. I went to the gym again in the morning and ate quite good. 

I spent about an hour preparing food in the evening most of that time going into a celery salad (which I love), only to find out that the last (and vital) ingredient pesto was finished. Urgh. So had to prepare a second meal. Bummer. I'm a bit worried I'm not eating enough eating primally cause I can't be bothered to prepare a good meal. I started out preparing breakfast and lunch for  the next day at the same time as dinner so maybe I should do that again. So only had a small breakfast this morning. It's nice not feeling crappy if you skip a meal, but I should eat enough. 

Today I spent 5 hours frying traditional new years eve food for the surf club. My hair smells, my clothes smell, my car smells (transport). But I only ate a small thingy to taste if they were good. 

Dough balls (Olie bollen)

Oliebollen.jpg

And Appelflappen 

f3bfc116-0797-46aa-af47-b5916f287b1f.jpg

Both exist mainly of sugar with grains.

Sunday was a rather slow day. I went to the gym again in the morning and ate quite good. 

I spent about an hour preparing food in the evening most of that time going into a celery salad (which I love), only to find out that the last (and vital) ingredient pesto was finished. Urgh. So had to prepare a second meal. Bummer. I'm a bit worried I'm not eating enough eating primally cause I can't be bothered to prepare a good meal. I started out preparing breakfast and lunch for  the next day at the same time as dinner so maybe I should do that again. So only had a small breakfast this morning. It's nice not feeling crappy if you skip a meal, but I should eat enough. 

Today I spent 5 hours frying traditional new years eve food for the surf club. My hair smells, my clothes smell, my car smells (transport). But I only ate a small thingy to taste if they were good. 

Dough balls (Olie bollen)

Oliebollen.jpg

And Appelflappen 

f3bfc116-0797-46aa-af47-b5916f287b1f.jpg

Both exist mainly of sugar with grains.

Too bad I cannot eat the screen.

Today I did my run, which went terrible, I'm starting to think my body just wasn't build for running. I've been running for about 9 months in a row now (with similar stretches in the previous years) but I still can't run any distance without feeling broken down. Ie. I did 3,5km which was a struggle as every run is a struggle. I've tried the running slower thing people always say but there isn't a slower way to run then I'm currently doing. But for now there's still the 10k and the 6k mudmasters planned for March, so run I will.

Maybe you could insert one minute of walking for every xx minutes you run (every 5 minutes maybe)?  This way your muscles rest a little bit.  I'm sure Paleo and losing some weight will help also As you may remember, I was having a very hard time, and now everything seems to be falling into place and my last few runs were very good and satisfying.  

If only I could say the same about my eating :nightmare:  I have stumbled and am slowly working on resuming my good habits.  I admire you :nevreness:

The oven died yesterday, which wasn't unexpected but I didn't know it was in this bad condition otherwise we would thrown it out earlier. One of the ventilators just completed melted. I'm sure those are designed to withstand a high amount of heat, so I'm happy it didn't actually set the house on fire!

But this does mean we now have a new microwave oven :) Last one was a cheap students budget model and I've been running into it's limitations time and again. Now hopefully this'll be better. Finally I can use a backing tray! Plan for this afternoon: Paleo Meatloaf for the new years celebration. But first work out, and more importantly visit the pharmacy to pick up my meds. I thought I had some more of those things but apparently I used the last ones on Sunday. Oops. Should be able to get off of my meds in March-ish wish is good.  

The primal meatloaf worked out great :)

5B1F5EE7-B11F-4F0A-936C-898DF51B1014_zps 27B807AC-5481-44F9-985A-DE4647CB2694_zps

Unfortunately I don't have a finished product picture and since there's nothing left there won't be one either. :)  I didn't blend the vegetables together because I like a bit of a bite and wasn't necessarily trying to hide vegetables. Also added some oregano and dill and took out the savory.

New years day was badly prepared I forgot the shops would be closed then so I ate just frikandellen at night. 

This morning I woke up rather early and didn't feel like having breakfast yet (What? That's soo weird that is) so I went out and did some Tabata sprints. First time I've done them and I was completely broken after just 4 minutes. Then went to work and actually feel quite good about that :)

And of course, then it's dinner time again. Since we now have a new microwave oven my goal is to make stuff in that every night for at least a week. We use the microwave semi-often to heat things but the oven not too much because it actually was quite bad. Definitely time to use that.

74FD1D7C-A414-4A73-ABF5-A5A43817B9B5_zps C4A81F20-891C-4CBA-AC6F-ADFDDDEE696F_zps

First picture is of dinner tonight, second picture of somewhere last week but I hadn't posted it yet :)

• Like 2

Sure :)

Had my running training yesterday. I signed up for a course to keep running over the winter (I despise winters) and to make it into a more social event. Well.. Nothing social about running with a group. I'm so slow that I've lost the group 100 meters in the warming up run. I spent exactly 0 minutes talking to anyone. Which is normally great when I am running by myself, but I was hoping to add in some socializing and running this way feels very lonely. 

Anyway, I made more food pictures because I like making food and pictures ;)

DSC01332_zps3dd7c398.jpg DSC01333_zps0069916d.jpg

Breakfast & Dinner (Those are sweet potato fries from the oven)

I'm also taking a running course this winter.  I start Tuesday!  And one of my goals is also social: finding a running buddy.  I'll try not to fall too much behind the group (that's where I used to hang out with previous groups). :neglected:

What was it for breakfast?  It looks good!