• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WildColonialGrrl

WCG plots and plans future adventures

Merry Xmas All!

I have been a bit slack here but have a bit of down time over the next couple of days to catch up.

Weight loss isn't quite where my head is at since I started putting on muscle and downsizing my clothing after joining NF... and I enjoy messing with people's heads when they ask if I have lost weight!

Despite my last challenge going to poo, I am determined not to 'let myself go' over the holiday season.

Some strategies for this include:

No More Zero Days

I started this in the last week of my previous challenge after deciding a strong finish was in order. I am at 9 days in a row now. Some days it is hard and spend time thinking about how I am going to make this a non zero day or convincing myself that that bit of walking, though incidental in my mind, was in fact not nothing being several kms in total that could have been avoided using cars and trams.

The blog I got this concept from references the original Reddit but I don't like the formatting on there: http://jilltaylor.com.au/2013/11/19/no-more-zero-days/

...and recently I found that Bruce Lee had something similar to say

"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done. Make at least one definite move daily toward your goal" 

Outrunning the fork

80% of weight loss/body composition change is diet related... This is what needs fixing in my life to progress with my goals. I need to spend some time getting my head around answering the following questions:

• What has worked for me this year?
  • Why do i short circuit when I do - habit, emotion, etc?
  • Are there emotional issues holding me back from making change? (that could be the scary one - What am I afraid of?)
  • Take close note of how certain foods and alcohol make me feel in this time.
  • Decide on new strategies, long and short term, that will I implement. 

Data (not the android from Star Trek)

I haven't measured anything in a while, and whilst I expect I wont be very happy with the numbers, I need a baseline for the new year. Might try 27, 28, 29 and average as I should be over the huge eating days and post shark week bloat.

I've said it before but it bears repeating. I love the no more zero days concept. 

I'm glad we have this 2 week challenge to reflect on the wins and losses from the last year and prepare for the next year! 

I've said it before but it bears repeating. I love the no more zero days concept. 

I'm glad we have this 2 week challenge to reflect on the wins and losses from the last year and prepare for the next year!

It's good to have this time... But I think I will need more of January to get my sh.. tuff together for the next year. It's Summer holidays for me so I have more opportunities to eat, drink and feel crap after to remind me why I started this quest.

I am going away for a couple of weeks and don't think I'll have much in the way of webs for the end of this and start of the new challenge, so I might be in a few days late... But look for me amongst the Druids this time! I need to get my head together, get a yoga/stretching routine happening, and see how mindfulness might help my food conundrum.

Got some walking planned to make this a non zero day (and that weird game Ingress you suggested Joedog is quite entertaining) and did some preliminary measurements this morning. I wasn't happy with them, but it is what I knew to be true... I have been back sliding. It will be a place to work from for the new year, and I'm ok with that... A little.

Ah druids.  I figured I would be a warrior/druid type setup eventually. I need to stick with the adventurers for now though.  hope you're doing ok during your interenet-less time.

I also love the no-zero days - I think I will use this mindset myself.

It's hard to keep to a routine when your not in work mode, but it can also be a very productive time with some focus.

I also have issues with food, keeping on track ect. It is hard to work out just what 'goes wrong' but with some reflection you may be able to formulate some strategies.