• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Teros

Back to Business (TerosX)

Well my food situation was horrible the last couple of weeks of the challenge, but I did get in my workouts, hobo xmas wrapping, and made some new gym equipment so it wasn't a major loss.  However, it's the day after xmas and I'll be starting a whole 30 on Jan1st.  Rather than eat lots of crap until then- I want to get back into a good rythm with food.  I'm aiming for 95% healthy/whole30/paleo until Jan1st, and then start my whole30.

I've given away all of the candy that I had, gave a bunch of junk food to my g/f, and threw out a few junk food things.  I have about 2 pounds of chicken tenders cooking up in the crockpot, and I have some ribs, salad, and veggys+ham quiches all in the fridge.  I'm planning on eating that and a bunch of steamfresh veggy bags the next couple of days.

I'm also doing some serious cleaning. I want my life back to normal asap.

To do:

take down ornaments

take down lights

move tree outside

sweep up floors

put all dog stuff away

get rid of all junk food

put away black table

put away huge nutcracker collection

move furniture so Chucky stops eating the cat's food when I'm not around

4 loads of laundry

finish the vhs tape project

pack up all xmas decorations

fold and put away all laundry

clean out pantry

clean new knife set/pots+pans set

put knife set/pots+pans set away

wash the floors

swap vacuum bag

vacuum

find place for all other xmas gifts

• Like 1

woke up this morning at like 4am ready to kill someone for chocolate.  Had an oreo cookie.  I'm thinking that all the binging has really messed with my cravings.  In an effort to kind of curb the junk food, I'm thinking of having 1 tiny junk food thing with each meal.  Like a hershey kiss after I have some eggs with peppers and onions.  That way I can scratch the itch, but I'm not going overboard because I'm having a big meal beforehand.  I'm going to experiment with that this weekend.

This is left:

4 loads of laundry

clean out pantry

wash the floors

swap vacuum bag

vacuum

I plan on doing the pantry-related stuff this morning.  I also have only 1 load of laundry left.

woke up this morning at like 4am ready to kill someone for chocolate.  Had an oreo cookie.  I'm thinking that all the binging has really messed with my cravings.  In an effort to kind of curb the junk food, I'm thinking of having 1 tiny junk food thing with each meal.  Like a hershey kiss after I have some eggs with peppers and onions.  That way I can scratch the itch, but I'm not going overboard because I'm having a big meal beforehand.  I'm going to experiment with that this weekend.

Sugar addiction?

Anyhow, I'm watching how you progress about dealing with your sugar intake.

Hard hat time!

Having a real difficult time but I'm not giving up.  I think I just need to zone out.

World is not against you. You got rid of junk food right?

Take a deep breath. Count your progresses, not your problems.

If you are frustrated, just swing your kettles!

Laundry done and a floor washed. Need more floor cleaner and then that'll get done pretty soon. 

I tried to finish the vhs project but I can't because my vhs sucks and needs time to 'recuperate'. Meaning, that it just shows shitty static and I can't sort/throw out tapes until it wants to work again.

As for food, I had 2 oreos, and a big chunk of quiche so far.  My fridge is on the fritz, so the massive bag of salad that I wanted to eat? It's frozen =/   Took it out to thaw. I'm GOING to eat this damn food, appliances be damned.  I'll be having that when it's thawed with a little bit of blue cheese and some shredded chicken. 

Compared to 3 days ago, my eating is about 97% better.  I feel good. I think that weird epiphany I had just made everything fall into place. I'm not worried. I'm not dreading the big changes. I'm not anxious.  I'm just going to win- plain and simple.

I have read various articles specifically about how bad oreos are bad for you.  Doesn't stop me from eating them sometimes though :(

Looking good though!

I feel your pain on the sugar addition. It is like crack for me. I let myself have a little Wednesday before last and have been riding the crazy train since. I will eat really well, then give in after dinner. Anyway, like you said, we will do this. I am in it for the long haul!

I'm psyched for my whole 30 to start on wednesday.  My g/f and I have cleaned out the pantry and given stuff we won't eat away.  We busted out the new knife set we got for xmas, and made some plans for food towards the end of the week.  This is going well.  I'll be having some ravioli and a big salad for dinner.  I had veggy quiche for breakfast (green squash, yellow squash, red peppers, onions).  I have 4 small squares of dark chocolate left to eat over the next 24 hours and then it's go-time. 

• Like 1

Day 1 -  Started my whole 30

I had 2 eggs for breakfast, and 2 lara bars with a handful of cashews and raisins for a snack/lunch.  Dinner is going to be a whole chicken with cauliflower and a yam.  Finished work today and did a food shopping with my mom.  She will be starting a whole 30 tomorrow. The only reason she didn't start today is because she's having her b-day dinner. It's going to be a roast with mashed potatoes and a walnut cake with this really gross grainy sugar frosting. 

I'm tired and my back and feet hurt- first day back to work from vacation too.  I don't want to work out but I'll see how I feel once I'm not in so much pain.

4 loads of laundry

clean out pantry

wash the floors

swap vacuum bag

vacuum

almost done.

LOTS OF FOOD! HUZZAH!

whole30_zps214a1a5a.jpg

Left to right we have: Spaghetti squash, ground beef meat sauce, coconut aminos chicken strips (tastes like teriyaki), a roasted chicken all pulled apart, sloppy joe mix.

I have eaten some of all of these today. I was expecting to be starving the first few days and I have been. I had some of all of that along with a steamfresh bag of cauliflower and broccoli, some cashews, raisins, and a banana.  If I'm hungry at all between now and bedtime, I'll have a larabar.  My guts feel so much better but I'm starting to get a bit of a caffine headache.

Oh!  And I made an accountabillity group for the upcoming challenge if anyone would like to join:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42038-rpg-fanatics-guild-new-year/