MS Reddy wants to be only bigger on the inside

Day 1, Thursday 26th December

Up: 10:00 - 11 hours of sleeping. Is that too much? What happens if I sleep too much?

Weigh in: 150 lb 

Mind workout: Today I started reading "Good Calories, Bad Calories" by Gary Taubes so I can start knowing my enemies.

Body WOD: Today I will try the beginner body weight exercises, to diagnose where I am exactly. I don't know if I should continue with the gym machines, if I should focus only on these body weight exercises or I should do both... I think I'll try to let my body decide 

Today, even stepping outside the door is like a challenge. It's windy as hell! Thank the gods I've got a gym subscription, running outside it's not an option

Lvl 0 AdventurerChubby Wood ElfLearning to work out and to Vegan-Paleo eatingMens sana in corpore sano

Introduction | Battlelog | Holliday Mini Challenge (Weight lost: 3 lbs) | First Challenge in Progress

Well, back from the gym!

This is what I did:

10' treadmill: Instead of 20' of light jogging and brisk walking, I chose intervals of running pretty fast and walking light. It says I did 1 km, 100 mt (0.68 miles)

3x20 crunches: 10" of rest between sets. These are already boring and I should look for variations

3x20 superman: 10" of rest between sets. Next time I should add some dumbbells

5x20 jumping jacks: 20" of rest between sets. I found these too easy. Do you know how can I vary them or which is the next "level" after jumping jacks?

3x20 body weight squats: 30" of rest between sets. They made me sweat like hell and I felt the soreness in every molecule of my legs. I can't go below 90°. How do you that?

3x20 walking lunges: idem squats

3x20 dumbbell rows: I think I may did them all wrong. I took the posture but instead of doing rows, I just curled my arm

4x20x7 kg (15 lb) bench press (medium grip): 30" of rest between sets. I did these instead of push ups because I tried, but I can't lift my own weight, not yet. 

4x20x2 kg (4 lb) barbell upright row

10" inclined-against-the wall plank: my journey to the handstand begins with this.

10' treadmill: this time, 1 km 250 mt (0.77 miles)

Stretching 

Lvl 0 AdventurerChubby Wood ElfLearning to work out and to Vegan-Paleo eatingMens sana in corpore sano

Introduction | Battlelog | Holliday Mini Challenge (Weight lost: 3 lbs) | First Challenge in Progress

Food

Breakfast

1 glass of orange juice 
1 portion of cookies with sesame, flux and amaranth seeds (2 cookies)
Mate

Lunch

1/2 cup of brown rice
1 cup of boiled carrots, cubed
2 tbsp of aluki pees
1 tbsp of tomato pulp
1 plum
1/4 red grapefruit
1 peach

Mid Afternoon (After Workout)

1 bar of Nature Crop (quinoa and prums)
2 cookies with sesame, flux and amaranth seeds
30 gr of mixed nuts: cashew nuts, peanut, pistachios
1 walnut

Dinner

1 cup of boiled carrots
1 cup of boiled zuchini
1/2 cup of red pepper, cubed
spring onion
1 cup of onion
1 unit of breaded soy with squash
1 pear

Today, I had to go to the bank early in the morning and I told myself "better if I hit the gym before returning home 'cause then I'll feel lazy" and so I did. 

I have a workout plan for fridays and I added yesterday the beginner bodyweight workout. The idea was to do the same BBW as yesterday and more, one more rep in each set, better timings, replace jumping jacks with burpees, add a kilo where I could. But I couldn't :( . I even couldn't begin the friday workout since I was exhausted from BBW. But anyway, this is what I did:

10' treadmill: with intervals. I did 1 km 300 mt (0.81 miles) better than yesterday. 
5x20 jumping jacks: 10" rest in between sets. I decided to continue with them until I can do 100 in one set. I tried to some burpees but all my body hurt
3x20 flutter kicks instead of traditional crunches. I liked them
3x20x1 kg superman: I added dumbbells and god, it burns
3x20 bodyweight squats: 10" rest in between sets
3x20 lunges: I still have to perfect the form. I lose balance lots of time.
3x20 dumbbell rows: today I think I did them better
3x20x7 kg bench press, wide grip
10" inclined-against-the wall plank

And here I was supposed to continue with some strength training with machines and run a bit more, but most of my body ache, especially the middle of my back and my legs, so I stretched and left.

I think the reason of this tireness was the time of the day I chose to workout, usually I workout around 16:30, whereas today I chose 10:30

Tomorrow I'll be better, I hope

Food:

Breakfast

The cookies

Lunch

Brown Rice, zuchini, carrot, chia seeds, onion, spring onion

1/4 Red grapefruit

1 peach

Mid afternoon

Mix of nuts

The cookies

Dinner

Veggie pie

1 Kiwi

Saturday 28 th December

WOD

10' treadmill, 0.85 miles

2x50 jumping jacks with 20" of rest between sets

3x20 bodyweight squats with 15" of rest between sets

3x20 walking lunges with 15" of rest between sets

3x20x 1kg dumbbell rows

3x20 flutter kicks with 30" of rest between sets

4x8x1kg superman with 20" of rest between sets

3x10x10kg bench press with medium grip

3x10x15kg one leg extension

3x20x40kg hip adduction

3x20x25kg hip abduction

3x10x1kg front/lateral rise

5x10x7kg bicep curl with barbell

5x20x10kg smith machine calves raises

15" plank with medicine ball

stretching

Food:

Breakfast: 1 glass of orange juice, 2 cookies (the last two of the pack), mate

Lunch: 1/4 egg plant sparkled with oat, sesame seeds and tofu, 1/4 red grapefruit, 1 peach

Dinner: 30 gr of mixed nuts, 2 walnuts, 2 pieces of home-made oat bread approximately 5 cms x 2 cms, 1/2 onion, 1/2 tomato, 1/4 cucumber, 1 carrot, 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 peach

I have so many articles to read I don't know where to begin! 

EDIT TO ADD:

I don't know why I ate so little today. I learned some stuff about macros and checked them out in MFP and they were awful. I don't even eat enough carbs

My macros are roughly:

For workout day

C 168 g / 674 cals

F 75 g / 674 cals

P 149 g / 596 cals

For rest day

C 114 g / 458 cals

F 50 g / 458 cals

P 149 g / 596 cals

Aaaaaan here's the estimate of today according to MFP. I really gotta be careful

tumblr_myjpng0dj41s0a124o1_500.jpg

I took Sunday 29th December as a rest day. I basically ate the same as I've been posting here except for the addition of a chocolate bar (just one portion!)

5026a415a410b.jpg

Here, nutritional info:

Cals

Fat
6,4g

Carbs
16g

Prot
1,3g

Now, Today: 

WOD: A new trainer arrived today and I took the chance to try another type of training. He divided my workout in circuits which I had to do as quickly as possible. I think it was effective because I could feel my heart doing its best efforts to keep up, and as Steve said in one of his articles, I think the one about not sucking in the gym, if you don't walk out the gym covered in sweat, then there's something you're doing wrong. I totally walked out the gym with a wet t-shirt and bad smell. Good.

Warming up: 5' in the treadmill, just walking briskly

Circuit 1

a. pec fly 4x15x10 kg

b. bicep curl w/ dumbbell 4x20x2 kg

c. dip machine 4x15x10 kg

d. mini tramp jog with a weight of 5 kg over my head 4x60"

Circuit 2

a. lying leg curl 4x15x15 kg

b. front raises 4x20x1 kg

c. smith machine bench press 4x15x10kg

d. running upstairs/downstairs 4 times

Circuit 3

a. shoulder press 4x15x10 kg

b. seated low row 4x15x15 kg

c. preacher curls w/machine 4x10x5 kg

d. running upstairs/downstairs 4 times

Cooling: 10' treadmill + 10' elliptical + stretching

As for food

Breakfast: my classic orange juice, my 2 pieces of home-made oat bread, 

Lunch: brown rice with chickpeas and tomato pulp, 1 banana, 1 peach, 1 kiwi

Tea: quinoa and prune bar, 30 gr of mixed nuts, 1 chocolate bar

Dinner: 1/2 onion, 1/2 tomato, some grape tomatoes too, 1 carrot, a couple of lettuce leaves, 1 olive, 1/4 cucumber, 1/4 green pepper, 1 unit of breaded soy, some string beans, 1/4 beetroot, 1 plum, 1 peach, 2 tbsp of olive oil

1945 calories is my goal for workout day sooo:

here's the result

tumblr_mynbog8nj71s0a124o1_500.jpg

I ate the same for new year's eve and new year as I did for Christmas while I travelled, so I couldn't log or do exercise.

Today I resumed my physical activity:

10' treadmill, interval between 5.5/10, 1.30 km

Circuit 1

a. a coordination exercise 4x12x1 kg

b. jumping squats with weight 4x10x5kg

c. pull ups with ropes 4x6 I helped with my legs anyway. It's like a beginner pull up, I guess.

d. trotting on mini tramp with a weight over my head 4x40"x5 kg

Circuit 2

a. inclined bench press, wide grip 2x8x12 kg, 1x6x12 kg, 1x4x12 kg 

b. lat pull down, wide grip 4x8x30 kg

c. leg raises 4x10

d. jog up/downstairs 4x5

20' treadmill lvl 3 1,10 km

stretching

And I did lots of walking today too

Weigh: 147 lbs :D

Hey, looking good MsReddy!

If jumping jacks are too easy for you, try jumping lunges:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw4QpPfX-cU

It's a good middle ground between jumpings jacks and burpees.

Keep rocking!

Thanks, I tried some jumping squats today. They rock! I'll try jumping lunges tomorrow. I'm always exploring new exercises :)

Well,  I'll post today's food

I suppressed orange juice and cookies. Bye bye sugary breakfast! :3 . I replace them with tea+lemon, rice "cookies" (it's like popcorn, this brand doesn't add any sugar or salt but some seeds) 

I ate the rests of a salad (beet root, lettuce, cucumber, onion, carrot, and tomato) with tofu as lunch

I ate a Nature Crop Bar and some nuts after workout

I ate a mixture of zucchini, carrots, onion, green bell pepper and seeds for dinner. As a dessert, a kiwi, a peach and a pear

tumblr_myswhdXwC71s0a124o1_500.jpg

Weigh: 67 kg

WOD:

Warming Up

a. 5' treadmill speed: 5.5 inclination 3% 

b. ordinary crunches 3x30

c. crossed leg crunches 3x15 each side

d. superman 3x20 (with no weight)

Circuit 1

a. deadlift 4x12x10 kg

b. kettlebell swinging squat 4x12x1kg

c. plank on a balance ball 4x30" 

d. a coordination exercise with a step 4x60"

Circuit 2

a 1. leg raise 4x5 (I was suppose to do 20, but since I did them yesterday my core ached and I couldn't get past 5)

a 2. ab coaster 4x15 (in replacemente of leg raises)

b 1. bicep curls with bar 4x10x7 kg

b 2. front raise with bar 4x10x5 kg

c. burpees 4x30"

d. up/down the stairs 4x4

Cool down

15' Elliptical trainer lvl 3

Stretching

Food

Breakfast: didn't feel like it. I overslept and jumped right into lunch

Lunch: whole brown rice with chickpeas and tomato pulp, a peach, 1/4 grapefruit, a pear, a portion of mixed nuts, 2 walnuts, a bar of chocolate, 2 rice thingies

Dinner: salad-> carrot, tomato, lettuce, cucumber, onion, seeds, an egg, an olive + breaded soy,  a peach, a pear

I did good today! 

tumblr_myulq10Pa61s0a124o1_500.jpg

edit to add: Yes, I ate an egg... I can't find what a vegan needs in this town. I have to travel to another city which is 2 hours from here to find tofu or a dietary shop that has quinoa and seeds. I talked to a lady who keeps some chicks and doesn't overexploit them, she just lets them be, so I figured some eggs wouldn't hurt. Though, I felt guilty while eating eat. But otherwise, I'd feel SO weak at the gym. Sorry fellow vegans, I'll try my best to keep on track once I'm back to my city :(

Weekend was normal, worked out on Saturday

Rode with my bike on Sunday

Eating was ok too, I didn't bake anything

WOD

Warming: 5' in the treadmill (it was failing so I don't know the data)

Circuit 1:

a. front raise 4x10x3 kg

b. leg curl 4x12x25 kg

c. leg extension 4x12x35 kg

d. trotting in mini-tramp 4x60"x5 kg

e. crunches 4x60"

Circuit 2

a. walking lunges 4x60"x7 kg

b. squats 4x60"x7g

c. burpees 4x40"

Elliptical trainer: 15' lvl 4

Food:

tumblr_mz08hazBQf1s0a124o1_500.png

Hello! 

I give myself a woot-woot! for not wanting to puke while trotting up/down stairs AND finally coordinating (I kept misstepping and I was terrified of rolling down the stairs D:)

Another woot-woot! For starting some life-quests :D 1. I resumed the design of a stationary planner for film students and 2. I started a short-film script

I'm so happy today I want to hug people

Let's get the logging started

WOD:

10' Treadmill: 2.5% inclinationx 5.5/8.5 speed --> 1.2 km

Circuit 1

a. Crunches 4x25

b. Crossed-leg crunches 4x25

c. Superman low-back 4x25 

Circuit 2

a. coordination exercise: Step on the step and do a push with a bar. Ugh, I suck at explaining what I did. I kinda upgraded it, adding weight to the bar and an extra elevation to the step. 4x15x5kg

b. jumping squats 4x15x5 kg

c. pull up with a rope, with help of my legs 4x8

d. trotting on the mini-tramp with weight over my head 4x60"x 5kg

Circuit 3

a. inclined bench press in smith machine 4x10x13 kg :D

b. lat pull down 4x8x30 kg

c. abcoaster (not ready for leg raises) 4x10

d. trotting up and down the stairs 4x5 

Cooling down

10' treadmill

Stretching

Food:

I ate nuts (walnuts, sunflower seeds), fruits (plum, banana, grapefruit, peach), veggies (too many to list) and had a great day eating-wise with no temptations or cravings. I tasted green tea with lemon and it was fantastic! 

tumblr_mz20rpLAUd1s0a124o1_500.png

Something I want to keep track of is my measures, here we go

Height: 165 cms 

Neck: 35 cms

Bust: 95 cms

Underbust: 88 cms

Waist: 85 cms

Lower waist: 97 cms

Hips: 102 cms

Quadriceps: 55 cms

Knee: 40 cms

Wrists: 15 cms

Forearm: 24 cms

Arm: 30 cms

Shoulders 90 cms

Today, my trainer spiced things a little

Here's my WOD

Warming up: 10'x2.5% incl. x5.5/8.0 speed -> 1.13 km

Circuit 1

a. leg curls --> 2x20x20 kg / 2x16x25 kg

b. front raises --> 2x20x2kg / 2x16x5 kg

c. leg extension --> 2x20x25 / 2x16x30 kg 

d. lying leg raises --> 4x20

e. trotting on minitramp with weight over head --> 4x60"x5 kg

Circuit 2

a. bicep curl--> 2x20x5 kg / 2x16x7kg

b. lat pull down, wide grip --> 2x20x20 kg / 2x16x25 kg

c. standing leg raises 4x6 

d. trotting up/down stairs 4x5

Cooling down: 15' stationary bicycle

Stretching

Food, almost the same as yesterday. Today is cold so I mixed some "heavier" veggies 

Result: tumblr_mz3u9sDo0U1s0a124o1_500.png

Hello battlelog, today my woot-woot was that I walked everywhere to pay my bills and my nay is that I ate BADLY. Went to the gym, my trainer didn't go, so I used previous workouts and applied the method of 5 exercises with two modes.

WOD

Warming up: 10'x3.5%x5.5/8.5= 1.18 km

Circuit 1:

a. coordination exercise: Step on the step and do a push with a bar. 4x20x5kg

b. jumping squats 4x20x5 kg

c. push up (kneeling) 4x6 (almost, almost actual push up *o*) 

d. crunches 4x25

e. trotting on mini-tramp 4x60"x 5kg

Circuit 2

a. calves extension 2x20x10 kg // 2x16x13 kg

b. triceps push down 2x20x10 kg // 2x16x15 kg

c. inclined bench press, wide grip in smith machine 2x16x10 kg // 2x12x13 kg

d. standing leg raise 4x5

e. ab coaster 4x10

f. trotting up and down the stairs 4x5

Cooling down: 10'x2.5%x6.5/8.5= 1.24 km

Stretching

Food:

Today I ate too little because I went out to pay bills and when confronted with already-made food in the supermarket, I didn't know what to eat. Anyways, that doesn't work as an excuse. Truth is I forgot to plan ahead a to-go menu and ended up almost fasting half of the day. I ate a salad for lunch and boiled veggies with breaded soy, and some fruits for dinner

tumblr_mz5ip2eTVC1s0a124o1_500.png

Yesterday, I started my 4th week at the gym. Woot!

Today it was a good day. Not much to say.

Then, I forgot to add to my challenge that tomorrow it's my birthday and that I won't probably do any exercise because I'll get up early to go somewhere with my family and spend the day together. That would count as -10 because of "losing a workout day" and a sound -30 because I will probably eat a piece of birthday cake. UGH. So near 50 already!

But well, I'll deal with that tomorrow :/

WOD:

Warming up: treadmill, 10'x3,5%x6.5/8.5 --> 1.24 km

Circuit 1:

a. bicep curl 2x20x3 kg 2x8x7 kg

b. shoulder military press 2x20x5 kg 2x16x10 kg

c. leverage chest press 2x20x10 kg 2x16x15 kg

d. step exercise, knee-to-elbow 4x60 (30 each leg)

e. crunches 4x25

Circuit 2

a. Inclined bench press with dumbbells 2x16x3 kg 2x12x7 kg

b. seated cable rows 2x20x15 kg 2x16x20 kg

c. leg curls 2x20x20 kg 2x16x25 kg

d. standing leg raises 4x5

e. trotting up/down stairs 4x5

Cooling down: treadmill, 10'x3,5%x6.5/8.5 --> 1.24 km

Food: today was an ordinary day, eating-wise, steamed veggies today were replaced by mashed potato/pumpkin/carrot. Nomnom

tumblr_mz7r3lHSfi1s0a124o1_500.png

You've been consistent. Great job!

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition…
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.†– Steve Jobs, Stanford University, 2005

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. -- Wayne Gretzky

6Wks Challenges: #9, #8, #7, #6, #5#4#3, #2.5#2, #1

Match records MyFitnesspal Fitbit Runtastic Strava

Whattay amazing battle log. Wow! I am very much inspired here :3

Also, you really should consider taking a breather ON YOUR BIRTHDAY. Enjoy the day! MY GAAD

"This message was brought to you by my fingers who were activated by the electrical signals from my brain which travelled through a network of nerves and ganglia".

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.