QengpuBenal Starts a New Habit

Ok. So, I am going to get in the habit of tracking my food (generally, not specifically) and exercise every day. I am using the last few days of 2013 as a sort of practice run before getting serious in 2014.

With that being said, here is today's stats:

Food:

Breakfast was a bowl of Sugar Puffs with whole milk.

Lunch was ham, mashed potatoes, and candied carrots.

Snack: popcorn

Dinner: homemade French fries, mac & cheese

Snack: chocolate

Exercise:

I didn't do any formal exercise. I did clean my daughters' bedroom, though, which definitely counts as some kind of aerobic/strength training workout!

Not the healthiest day, but I'm not worrying about that yet. Right now I just want to get in the habit of actually posting all of this every day!

QengpuBenal, level 4 High Elf Ranger STR5| DEX 2| STA13| CON 6| WIS 19| CHA 6

Battle Log

"I want to live in a world where normal is an insult." - Misha Collins

Day 2:

Food:

Breakfast was a bowl of Sugar Puffs with 2% milk.

Lunch was strawberry cheesecake pancakes, scrambled eggs, hash browns, and 2 slices of bacon

Dinner was a very small helping of Rice-a-Roni (no meat added) and corn. I also had bread and butter, and one package of chicken-flavoured Top Ramen.

Exercise:

Ran in place for a minute and did 30 seconds of jumping jacks before my knee felt like it was going to kill me if I kept going.

Walked 2 miles with the kids. We have decided to walk to Mordor as a family!

Battle Log

Day 3:

I had trouble sleeping and ended up eating around 2am. I had ham, carrots, and mashed potatoes (i.e. leftover Christmas dinner).

Breakfast was a bowl of Sugar Puffs and milk.

Lunch was 1 1/2 baked potatoes with butter, sour cream, cheese, and sliced olives, plus 1 small slice of homemade cheesecake.

Snack was a bit of Christmas chocolate.

Dinner was mac & cheese with peas.

Exercise:

Instead of driving to the relatives' house for our typical Sabbath lunch, I walked there and back for a total of 2.6 miles.

• Like 1

Battle Log

Day 4

Food:

Breakfast was 2 eggs, scrambled, with cheese

Snack was Christmas chocolate

Lunch was one package of chicken-flavoured Top Ramen

Dinner: Rice-a-Roni (no meat added) and peas

Exercise:

2 miles walking to Mordor

I have the munchies so bad! Honestly, the only thing stopping me from eating way more than I ought to is the fact that we simply do not have any food in the house!

Battle Log

Ugh! I totally forgot about this today!

Food:

Breakfast was 3 pieces of cinnamon-sugar toast.

Lunch was 2 Crispy Chicken sandwiches with tomato and a medium fry from Wendy's

Snack was 4 peanut butter cups and a Vanilla Coke

Dinner was a small bowl of Tuna Helper with cheese

Exercise: No exercise today. I spent all day at doctor's appointments and the mechanic's! :(

Battle Log

Yeah, waiting just generally sucks! The doctor wasn't too bad since we were the first appointment. It was the eye doctor, and the appointment was actually for my two oldest. The mechanic took much longer, but the end result was a new rear suspension in my car so it no longer bounces like crazy when I drive it (seriously, there were places on my daily commute that would make the car bounce so much my feet would leave the floor of the car!).

Battle Log

Day 6:

Food:

Breakfast was 3 1/2 pieces of cinnamon-sugar toast

Dinner: salad, corn, green beans, vegetarian dinner roast, and a roll; plus a few candies, peanuts, and a small scoop of ice cream for dessert

Exercise:

None today. I was going to walk with the kids, but the snow was falling fast and the wind was blowing like crazy!

Battle Log

Day 7:

Food: 

Breakfast - package of Top Ramen

Lunch - French dip with fries, small dish of coleslaw, and a small bowl of potato chowder

Dinner - macaroni and cheese with ground beef

Exercise: I did a 5 minute routine from my Android workout app. Not much, but at least it was something. The walking to Mordor has been suffering since the weather gods decided to dump massive quantities of snow shepherded in by gusts of wind on my area.

Battle Log

Day 8:

Food:

Breakfast - 2 pieces of bacon, 2 eggs scrambled with spinach

Lunch - Dairy Queen cheeseburger and fries (I gave the sundae to my daughter, though and was so proud of her when she ate about a third of her first sundae and then told me she was done because she had "had enough sugar for the day")

Dinner - scalloped potatoes

Exercise: Week 1, Day 1 of the 100 pushups challenge

Battle Log

100 push ups, sounds like torture, I love push ups about as much as I love lunges! Not.

Well done Daughter! I have a son who doesn't eat chocolate or butter or cheese, the only dairy he consumes is the milk on his cereal. He isn't intolerant as far as I know but made the decision himself just not to eat them. Weird, considering this family will consume everything and anything available to them. A picky eater is an anomaly!

Wait! What............?

Lol! My oldest consistently chooses raw veggies over sweets...it's a parent's dream! 

Day 9:

Food: 

Breakfast - 4 pieces of cinnamon-sugar toast

Lunch - Wendy's chicken sandwich with tomato and half a medium french fry (I split it with my son, Remington)

Dinner - haystacks! (i.e. chips, taco meat, rice, beans, cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, olives, and lettuce all mixed together)

Exercise: 5 minutes of cardio...I forgot to change into my workout clothes which resulted in waaaaaay too much bouncing going on! Never going to forget my sports bra again!

Battle Log

Wow! Life really threw me some curve balls and I was all too ready to use them as excuses for not doing any sort of exercise at all! We moved, my husband's ex moved out suddenly and took my stepson before we could get the courts to stop her, my husband quit his job and went back to school, my internship went from working at one school to working at 5-10 schools on any given week, I started teaching a class at the local community college, and I'm having to look for another job so we can make ends meet!

Still, that's really no reason to let my workouts stop. The plan for this week: go running three days.

• Like 1

Battle Log