*BAMF* A new Druid has materialized in your midst...

Howdy, y'all.

My name's Lee – professional loafer, geek, closet metalhead, and IRL mental health professional.

I've been up and down with too many dabbling attempts to manage my weight and get healthier; it's time to make a more serious commitment.  Right now i'm 42, 6' 0", and 237 lbs.  My goals for right now are to build up some consistency with working out, and to get more consistent with recording my food intake (My Fitness Pal rocks!).  My biggest enemy in the past has been biting off more than I can chew, pun partially intended, and then not being able to follow through with my lofty goals.  Consistency seems like the perfect goal for now.

I like the whole RPG angle!  Because I'm Buddhist and meditate regularly, I'm going to go with Druid for my race. I suppose working in mental health makes my profession…what, healer?  Sure, I'll go with healer.

I'd love to hear what y'all do to help with consistency – what helps you roll out of bed instead of hittin' the snooze bar.  Thanks, and I look forward to talking with all of you in the weeks to come.

Lee

Guest Dirty Deads

Every day when I think about working out, I shudder and think, "I'd rather just sit here and eat crap". Getting UP and starting is the hard part. Once I'm up, I'll do whatever workout I had planned.

I suggest starting by doing SOMETHING every day. Maybe only do 5-10minutes of bodyweight or yoga, maybe lift for 10 minutes. Just do something to get that habit of starting. You can add 5-10 minutes a day if you want. I say you only need about 10minutes a day to build up that habit, then you can add time and go to only a 3,4 or 5 day a week routine.

The only thing that can make you roll out of bed is you. Also, putting your alarm clock across the room where you have to get up to turn it off.

Welcome Dr Lee!

Building accountability is one of the first steps. I like to use the calendar for that one: make a mark on your calendar when you complete your exercise of the day. By all means start slow. A little is better than nothing. Just keep adding to it, and you'll be doing a lot in no time! 

Keep us posted on your progress!

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.