Vilkacis - Hammering the weights for the holidays

Vilkacis

I've been predominantly doing body weight thru the last challenge, but I love weights, and have decided over the holidays to throw some around, get a feel for what I can do again.

I'll be doing this with my buddy AshPS, who I know will support and shove me back to the front if I start to slip! :)

The plan is for a three day a week workout, full body routine. And as promised to my buddy who I have slipped on with posts in the last challenge, I shall post my workout deets when completed!

• Like 1

Level 2 Lycan 

"A wetboy has a deader, an assassin has a target, because assassins sometimes miss." -Durzo Blint

Work in progress: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/87730

Whooooooo Hooooooo!!!!!!! My buddy is here!!!!

:triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

LOVE IT and...awww buddy, happy to do for you what you have always done for me! ^_^

And I will be looking for those deets mister! ;)

HUGS!!!

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Workout in buddy!

You're up!!!!

:triumphant::triumphant::triumphant::triumphant::triumphant::triumphant::triumphant:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

Okay!  So...I regret to admit that I failed today.  Miserably.  hahaha HOWEVER, there is a caveat.  I need to clean up my workout area, or at least tidy up around it so I can actually 1) do a workout and B) have the motivation to go and do one.  I had every intention of doing so today, then hammering one.  My wife had other plans,  She convinced me to clean up and tidy the kitchen area with her instead, which took forever as I'm neurotic about organization sometimes, and as such I never got the opportunity to go downstairs and do my clean.  What this means is that tomorrow, and I've already told/asked her this, I shall be going downstairs when my daughters wake up, and doing my "spring" clean and pounding those weights.  And that's the bottom line, because..well, because it's how it's gonna be.  :D  

Congrats to my buddy Ash though for nailing hers!  She is and always will be my motivator/slave driver!  :)  hahaha

• Like 1

Level 2 Lycan 

"A wetboy has a deader, an assassin has a target, because assassins sometimes miss." -Durzo Blint

Wowzers! My buddy is up late! :o

Yes, Vilkacis I am still up, told you I was waiting on that report, lol. ;)

Alright, I don't consider that a fail as you were helping your wife....and I am quite familiar with that whole getting neurotic about organizing....cough...... :nevreness:

So, I shall be back tomorrow for that report mister! :tongue:

And ROCK that workout!!! :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

HUGS!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

The slave driver has entered the thread!! :tongue:  (lol)

My workout is in buddy!  :triumphant::triumphant: 

Your turn.....I expect to be impressed, why you ask? Well, because I know what you are capable of and I ain't letting you do less mister. ;)

So CRUSH that workout!!! (If you haven't already! ^_^ )

And remember to come report it.......else I will come find you........ :playful:

HUGS

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Okay, update time!

So I did do a workout tonight. Though it was nothing awe inspiring, unfortunately, as the task of tidying up my exercise area was far more daunting than I had anticipated and so I ended up not being able to start until almost 9. Did a few barbell presses, just bar for a warmup, then upped it to 125lb and did 3 sets of 12. Then did a few sets of bodyweight squats and lunges, followed by a few sets of crunches. I know, all in all a wimpy workout, but now that I've got my area clean, I'm gonna destroy my next one! :D

Sorry I didn't perform to max capacity Ash, but I will do so next!!

• Like 2

Level 2 Lycan 

Awwwww my buddy, you have NO IDEA how proud I am!

Don't you dare say that was a wimpy workout! :angry: It was awesome!!! :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Of course, if there can be more smashing and killing the next time I am certainly all for it. -_-   ( :playful: )

It was awesome and you are awesome. Period. (nodding) And I am proud of my buddy.

Now when is the next one, lol. :tongue:

(Hey gotta preserve my rep as the slave driver. ;) )

Big HUGS!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Hey Hey buddy!

Wanted to wish you a restful and wonderful Sunday! ^_^

And looking forward to our crushing some more workouts this week! :triumphant::tyrannosaurus::triumphant:

HUGS!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Just dropping in to say hi!

So........................Hi!!!!!!!! :D

Looking forward to your next workout report........me......hinting :o............of course! :tongue:

Talk to ya soon! ;)

HUGS!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Workout is complete!! Woohoo! And it was definitely not as wimpy as the last one. ;) hahaha Though, and I know I shouldn't be doing this, it was discouraging not being able to hit the numbera I've had in the past.. hahaha Dumb head of mine. Didn't let it get me TOO down, though!

I have all the stats saved in my Jefit account, and I shall post them tomorrow, but it is DONE, and I feel great! Hope everyone had a great night!

• Like 1

Level 2 Lycan 

Workout is complete!! Woohoo! And it was definitely not as wimpy as the last one. ;) hahaha Though, and I know I shouldn't be doing this, it was discouraging not being able to hit the numbera I've had in the past.. hahaha Dumb head of mine. Didn't let it get me TOO down, though!

I have all the stats saved in my Jefit account, and I shall post them tomorrow, but it is DONE, and I feel great! Hope everyone had a great night!

Now THAT is what I needed to hear!

Whoooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Yep, that buddy, is some butt kicking inspiration! Congrats! ^_^

Now......UH HUM!!!

I believe SOMEONE gave ME a very serious lecture when I started my recomp and was all bothered because I couldn't lift what I used to!! :angry:

"doesn't matter where we were- only where we are going!"........sound familiar?????!!!! lol :tongue:

That said..... Have a GREAT night buddy you have earned it!!!!

HUGS!

• Like 1

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Oh, and I will very much be wanting to hear those deets.........SOON! ;)

Never heard of Jefit.

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

:star: :star: :star: HAPPY NEW YEAR BUDDY!!!!!!! :star: :star: :star:

So proud to be going into the new year with you at my back! I look forward to lots of great things happening for the both of us!

YOU. ARE. AWESOME VILKACIS!!!

:triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: 

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

So deets!

Barbell Bench Press: Set 1 - 120lbs × 12, Set 2 - 170lbs × 8, Set 3 - 170lbs x 6

Inverted Row, Bent Knee: Set 1, 8 reps. Set 2, 10. Set 3, 10.

Barbell Shoulder Press: Set 1 - 35lbs × 15, Set 2 - 50lbs × 12, Set 3 - 55lbs × 11.

Barbell Deadlift: Sets 1, 2, 3 - 134lbs × 10

Barbell Bent Over Row: Set 1 - 55lbs × 14, Set 2 - 70lbs × 10, Set 3 - 70lbs × 11

Crunch with foot punch: Set 1 - 10, Set 2 - 8, Set 3 - 16.

Followed by various stretches. :) Pushed that extra little bit on the end of the crunches, just cause ot was the end, anyways. :P

And Ash, Jefit is an app that you can record your workout in. Also shows LOTS of exercises and examples, based on body part. :)

• Like 2

Level 2 Lycan 

Holy Freaking Cow Vilkacis!  :o 

And you were complaining!!! I only Bench Press 40 lbs and deadlift 30 lbs!

(Trying not to feel like a wimp. And glad I've got you at my back! lol :playful: )

That is Awesomeness!!! lol  :triumphant:  :tyrannosaurus:  :triumphant:  :tyrannosaurus: 

What weight did you use on the inverted rows?

Wow, I am super impressed and excited for what you will be accomplishing for the challenge! :D

Way to go Buddy! ;)

BIG HUGS!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Dropping in to say Hi!

Hi Buddy!! :D

Hope the first day of the new year is treating you awesomely!

Talk to you soon!

HUGS!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Holy Freaking Cow Vilkacis!  :o 

And you were complaining!!! I only Bench Press 40 lbs and deadlift 30 lbs!

(Trying not to feel like a wimp. And glad I've got you at my back! lol :playful: )

That is Awesomeness!!! lol  :triumphant:  :tyrannosaurus:  :triumphant:  :tyrannosaurus: 

What weight did you use on the inverted rows?

Wow, I am super impressed and excited for what you will be accomplishing for the challenge! :D

Way to go Buddy! ;)

BIG HUGS!

Hahahaha Thanks, Ash. I'm also a bit bigger than you, mind. :P On my inverted rows I have a bar mounted between my workout benches, about 2 feet off the floor, and I just lift off the floor to it.

• Like 1

Level 2 Lycan 

Well duh!!! Blonde moment- inverted rows....... :rolleyes:

I was thinking rows with weights. (shaking head, lol)

True, but still those are awesome numbers! :D

New challenge forum is up! Time to get the threads up buddy!!! :triumphant: :triumphant:

HUGS!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Workout in!

Barbell Bench Press: Set 1 - 170lbs × 8, Set 2 - 190lbs × 5, Set 3 - 190lbs × 4

Inverted Row: Set 1 - 10, Set 2 - 11, Set 3 - 13

Barbell Shoulder Press: Set 1 - 70lbs × 8, Set 2 - 70lbs × 5 Set 3 - 70lbs × 6

Barbell Deadlift: Set 1 - 134lbs × 15, Set 2 - 155lbs × 9, Set 3 - 155lbs × 10

Barbell Bent Over Row: Set 1 - 70lbs × 17, Set 2 - 85lbs × 15, Set 3 - 100lbs × 11

Bodyweight Side Lunges: 3 Sets × 10/Side

Crunch with foot punch: Set 1 - 18, Set 2 - 14, Set 3 - 8.

After first set of crunches, my abs seized up and I did some stretches to loosen them again. After that though, I couldn't get my reps back up. Next time!

Oh, and I did stretching afterwards. :)

• Like 2

Level 2 Lycan 

Seriously??????!!!!!!!!! :o

You are on a roll!!!! WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never been prouder of you in, well, all the time I have known you!! :applause:

You are KILLING this mini challenge! lol  :D

I am so motivated and inspired Vilkacis, you are one amazing buddy! You made some serious raises on the weights and reps!

I have an awesome workout and my buddy posts another awesome workout, I am one seriously happy girl today! ^_^

Owchie on the abs. :nightmare:  My calf does that. (nodding)

I have no doubt you will kill it the next time! Sheesh! lol :playful:

BIG HUGS!!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Good morning, Vilkacis! :-)

I just wanted to pop in and say that I think you are awesome for doing the mini challenge AND killing it!

You rock, man! \m/ \m/

Very nice numbers, even if they might not be yet what you were used to before. You'll be getting back to those real quick, methinks!

Keep up the good work! :encouragement:

• Like 1

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Hey hey buddy!

I plan on getting my thread up in the Adventurers guild maybe tonight or tomorrow!

Let me know when yours is up!!!! (hint, hint, hint  :playful: ) lol

Hope your having a good night!

HUGS!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Seriously??????!!!!!!!!!

You are on a roll!!!! WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never been prouder of you in, well, all the time I have known you!!

You are KILLING this mini challenge! lol 

I am so motivated and inspired Vilkacis, you are one amazing buddy! You made some serious raises on the weights and reps!

I have an awesome workout and my buddy posts another awesome workout, I am one seriously happy girl today! ^_^

Owchie on the abs. :nightmare:  My calf does that. (nodding)

I have no doubt you will kill it the next time! Sheesh! lol :playful:

BIG HUGS!!

Hahahaha Thanks Ash! Can't imagine I'll make gains like that EVERY time, but I'll be doing my damndest!

Good morning, Vilkacis! :-)

I just wanted to pop in and say that I think you are awesome for doing the mini challenge AND killing it!

You rock, man! \m/ \m/

Very nice numbers, even if they might not be yet what you were used to before. You'll be getting back to those real quick, methinks!

Keep up the good work! :encouragement:

Thanks Swampling! I hope so, and I'm holding back a little so I don't burn out and turn myself away again, but I feel great thus far!

Hey man,

Awesome job getting in these workouts over the mini challenge!  Super impressed.  Keep killin' it!

Thanks Forkboy! :) Hoping to up my numbers a lot with this next challenge, especially since I FINALLY have all of my weights back. :D

• Like 1

Level 2 Lycan