Strike That, Reverse: therealkat's 2014 Battle Log

I am starting a battle log because I want 2014 to be a year where things change. I want to be able to journal through times I just can't get myself out the door and celebrate the successes I plan to make. I want a place to track what I am doing right, wrong, and in between. I will post new progress photos each month on the last day of the month. Here are my starting photos:

1fe17ea9-1ae8-4aea-a778-15451c2db898_zps586eeb65-98db-4aae-9183-296e111dface_zps

Entries will start on January 1st.

January Start:

Waist 33.5 Hips 42.5 Thighs 24 Arms 12.75
Weight: 171

February Start:

Waist 32.5 Hips 41 Thighs 24 Arms 12.5

Weight: 169

July End:

Waist 30.5 Hips 36 Thighs 22.5 Arms 12

Weight: 153

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: thekatisalie is back :: no seriously this time

MyFitnessPal || Strava || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay

I wanted to start 2014 out with a few goals. Things to work toward and help me feel accomplished through the year. These are bigger goals than I will attack in Challenges, but the Challenges will help me get to these goals by the end of 2014.

1. Do a pull-up, unassisted. Just to prove I can.
2. Lose 25 pounds, or fit back into my size 6 jeans, whichever comes first ;)
3. Eat more veggies and fruit, because I snack far too much right now. Might as well snack on good things.

4. Run 2 miles without stopping, since I got to one mile last year (and have since regressed)

5. No more sissy push-ups. Get off the knees and do some real push-ups!

6. Try three new classes at the gym. Spin, step, boot camp... anything!

7. Stop crossing legs above the ankles (improve posture, relive back pain and blood flow).

8. Drink more water, for obvious reasons.

There you have it. The bones to fill in for 2014.

Go kick all the asses, Kat!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

state-puff-marshmellow-man.jpg

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

strike-that-reverse-it-sm.jpg

Diet-wise I fail the first three days of 2014. I blame PMS and lack of sleep. I am afraid to go to the gym right now. Too many resolutionaries there. I just want my hour hill circuit, please. Leave me alone. No I’m not done yet. Get away from my treadmill. I promised myself I would go tonight and tomorrow. I am trying to get back in the groove before the cruise so that I can be excited about exercising while on vacation. I am excited to run on the boat. Early morning or late at night. There is yoga and a full fitness center, too. Should be good.

Next week will be my first all natural diet week of the year. NO PROCESSED FOODS. At all. Fruits, veggies, whole grains… Shouldn’t be too hard, right?

You can do it - you just have to decide you *want* to do it. 1 week is nothing in the grand scheme of time - you've got this! 

• Like 1

Level 87 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 8485 | 86 | 87  ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

I haven’t updated the battle log yet… So here goes. I am 8 days in to the new year and down 2 pounds from my starting weight of 167. I attribute this to FIBERMAGGEDON from eating nothing by Naked juice with vitamin protein powder and salads for 2/3 of my day. My body is in GET IT OUT OF ME mode and while annoying, I feel much less bloated already and that feels great.

I did three days of the Do Yoga With Me 30 day challenge. I am still behind…

I’ve been drinking more water and feeling the effects already. Other than constant peeing (which is a nice break from the desk), my body is just feeling better.

I am geared up to start c25k again. I plan to start it on the cruise on the running track… because I am so ready to run OUTSIDE. I have to figure out when it opens and closes (since some of it becomes a sun deck at 10am, if I remember correctly). Otherwise there is the fitness center/spa that overlooks the ocean and ain’t half bad.

Ready to go now, please.

Quick check in -- I am down five pounds already from a start of 168. This is really, really motivating to me to keep going, even through vacation. I can't WAIT to start Focus T25 when we get home, now. Results are HIGHLY fueling!

Have fun on the boat! Can't wait till you're back with stories.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I AM BACK! And I started a blog for fitness/health because it may be easier to utilize than here. I'll still check in here, but more details will be here:

http://waxingorganic.blogspot.com

Welcome back! 

• Like 1

Level 87 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 8485 | 86 | 87  ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||

Three days in to T25 and I enjoy it. Sometimes during the punching stuff, my husband freaks me out. Since he is used to an MMA gym, he goes all combat mode and I'm standing there swinging my noodle arms the best I can... It's def interesting.

My legs hurt. Calves. Glutes. Hammies. My obliques hurt. My lower abs. My arms, my shoulders... It's how I know it's working, I guess. It feels good and I enjoy it. So here's to keeping up with it.

Still detoxing from the cruise. No alcohol since Saturday, no junk since Sunday. Unless you count the energy drink I NEEDED to get through Tuesday.

I made some barley and bean soups for dinners, since our oven is dead. The range works, but the oven won't ignite. I've had cajun tuna and salad for lunches... I've enjoyed my homemade granola and homemade yogurt (which, if you eat a lot of yogurt and own a crockpot, I highly suggest you make it yourself!). I've been having my Naked with protein and vitamin powder every day... It's feeling good to clean out the body again.

Well well well. Here we are at the end of January! As I sit here stuck in traffic, I thought I would use Siri to update my battle log. I've come along in one month. I was starting at 167 pounds. Before we went on the cruise, I was at 163 pounds. Sadly, like you do on vacation, I went up to almost 170 pounds. That's what Four course meals a day will do for you. It has been more of a struggle to get that weight off since I've been home. I will talk a bunch of it up to PMS. I know I am still retaining water. That won't go away for another couple of days. Still, I am back to 167. I am working on my diet every day. I am also working on focus T 25 every day. I can't say I have seen results, but I am feeling better overall. The motivation of focus T 25 it's really helping. I have lost about 1 inch on my way. I will take that as a win. Here is my month end/February start photo:

image_zps54e811de.jpg

1" sounds like a good result to me.  Keep kicking butt, Kat.  You're doing great!

And where's the photo?

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Oh hey. How about an update… Since I dropped off the face of the internet for awhile.

I’m happy. Very happy. Finished two rounds of Focus T25. Lost 13 pounds. I’m in the middle of Les Mills COMBAT (which is killer for the stress relief) and am down another 5. That’s nearly 18 pounds toward my 25 pound goal. Holy crap! I never actually thought I’d make it. I joked that I’d lose 30 before I turned 30. I might get close. September 20th isn’t too far off :D

July: Hips – 35.5 inches Waist – 30.5 inches Weight - 153

Those photos are from the 3-Day Refresh I did. It was simple and easy and a great refresh for the metabolism.

10566159_10100275506935540_1978707370_o_

!!! That's fantastic! I think you can definitely knock those last few pounds out before September - way to go!

Level 87 Wood Elf Druid

||Char/RPG||

Thanks, Foxx. I am pretty stoked... Seeing as in 2 years I yoyo'd 8 pounds up and down and stuck at 171... And then I finally figured out what worked for me and in 6 months I'm almost 20 pounds down! I have a few days of thinking I can't possibly be right... And only 2 more pounds until I'm not lying on my license any more :P

• Like 1

Alright... Here I am. Being lazy and not logging. BUT I am at 149 right now and kicking ass with Les Mills COMBAT still. Adding more weights in starting next week to help burn more fat and get some definition!

• Like 1