Hi Everyone I'm currently trying to summon focus and determination to get into a good fitness routine. apologies if anyone is friends with me on myfitnesspal (blunder_bolt) or posts on vegan bodybuilding as I may doublepost there.

I'm 6'6 and 192lbs and this is a weight I'm happy with. However I'd like to have better muscular size and tone. The main focus of this is my arms as due to a combination of unfitness and developmental dyspraxia I have very thin arms and if I'm insecure about any body part, its my arms!

I'm a keen skater and roller derby fanatic. I'm a trainee referee (Baby Zebra) for Severn Roller Torrent (Gloucestershire's roller derby league) and my long term goal would be to skate for a team (either travel to one or form one here).

I've also rediscovered that I quite like lifting! I'm awful at it but it's my preferred form of excercise (outside of skating). It also allows me to work out my arms, back and chest, which are generally ignored by skating!

I'd also like to focus more on what I eat with regards to fitness. I think I could improve my fitness a lot with a few changes to diet. I also want to cook more and more varied meals. I skate 2-3 times a week and am aiming to go to the gym 2-3 times a week

. If I have any long term goals they are

• Perform a push up!! (doesn't sound much but I've never been able to do one due to poor upper body strength and general unfitness)
  • Pass 25 in 5 (skate 25 laps or 0.9 miles in five minutes) I'll post photos soon, any questions?

Any suggestions? this is a bit meandery but I wanted to get it all down.

Level 3 Roller Knight

STR:3 DEX: 1 STA:2 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA: 2

Current Challenge: None

So. I completed my second challenge with... kind of not very flying colours. I stuck to it but hardly excelled at it. Some parts of this were down to life getting in the way and injury.

I got two things out of this challenge though.

• I can take abreak from derby if I've got other things on and if I want to be refreshed on why I like it. I find my attitude towards te sport is more positive since taking a break, I'm more active (as I'm going to the gym instead of practice) and I'm being reminded why I did it. I'll probably take a month or two off from derby then go back (but skate as much as the still pretty awful weather will allow me)
  • I really like lifting! Starting somewhat aimlessly but then properly applying stronglifts 5x5 to my workout routine. I'm deadlifting 10kg more than I started at and squatting 2.5kg more as well as lifting 8kg more when doing  dumbell press. I'm already starting to see results and rebalancing my workout towards my upper body could really help add muscle mass and strength there because genetics and skating have really skwed it towards my legs.

I slipped down the stairs on Thursday and hurt my back, wrist and ankle I'm hoping to go back to the gym tonight. I went skating yesterday and that seemed fine, so heres hoping :)

• Like 1

Level 3 Roller Knight

A few thoughts on what I want and am going to do in the short, medium and long term.

Short Term:

Finish Stronglifts 5x5 then possibly quit the gym for the summer. It seems a waste to go inside the gym when the weather is good and I'm enough of a hippie to be concerned about its impact on my footprint in life

Attend the Mens Roller Derby World cup

Get married!! (as my future wife has told me, its less than 100 days to go!)

(these last two are pretty much guaranteed, obviously)

Medium Term:

Find a new job: My job is decent, and the people are lovely. I just have no spark for it and I think its starting to get to me

Go back to derby practice: With better strength and determination. Keep studying to be a referee... I think. I think I'd be decent at it and at least study towards my minimum skills.

Enjoy the summer. Spend as little time indoors as possible, skating, working out, eating lots of raw foods and generally using summer all I can.

Make an attempt at writing and drawing another webcomic on top of The Hereafter, which I just write.

Long Term:

Skate for or start a men's roller derby team. I want this a lot. As much as I like reffing. I'd love to give playing a go. If I'm going to go scrim with other teams I'll need to pass minimum skills

Take my Comic "The Hereafter" to a con with at least 1 print issue. We're currently planning to take it to True Believers Comic Festival in Cheltenham, but theyre still raising the funds needed.

Level 3 Roller Knight

18th February

Went to the Gym Before work!! I'm probably busy later so I got up with my fiance (who's on an early shift) walked her to work then went on to the gym. Didn't manage my full stronglifts routine but

• 4x5 and 1x4 25kg Vertical Press. So Close!!! Might be able to do it if it wasn't first thing in the day. Stronglifts say drop down (so a week at 20kg) but I might give it one last go.
  • 3x5 35kg deadlifts. I might've been able to do hevier but my back is still hurting from my fall
  • 5x5 Assisted Dips with 60kg counter. My aim was 55kg but I did 1 set with it and i could feel my body really hurting so I wound it down slightly and went for just the 60kg.

Really pleased I went before work. Now to see how knackered I am at work!

Level 3 Roller Knight

Quick things to add:

Very long term thing on my list:

Attend an Olympic or Paralympic games. I'm aiming for Tokyo 2020

Also, I discovered they're trying to form a goalball team in our area and passed that info onto my fiance and sorted out a few things to do with our flat.

Tonight? The Traditional Tuesday Tofu Burrito from Paparritos on Cheltenham high street.

Level 3 Roller Knight