robinhoodie: lets fear go

robinhoodie

Hello Druids! I'm joining you after some rough (read failed) challenges with the Adventurers and a one challenge break. I needed that time to clear my head and refocus, and I've determined that it is time to make some life changes that I have long put off due to fear. These changes most closely align me with the druids, so I wanted to join you as I start a fresh new challege, this time without fear.

1. Swim 3 times a week.

I love the water and swimming is very peaceful and healing for me. My goal this challenge is to go to a lap swim 3 times a week.

2. Do my yoga and meditations daily.

I usually do well with daily meditations, but I need to do more yoga to add strength, balance, and flexibility to my body as well as my soul.

3. Switch over to full vegetarian and gluten free.

This is where the fear lies. I've skirted around this with my family for a while trying to dodge meat dishes without hurting their feeling and inevitably being guilted into eating it anyway. Part of this will be firmly telling my family that I am a vegetarian, and to not be insulted if I don't eat everything they offer.

4. Smoothie fun!

This will be a fun part. I should have some kind of blended beverage everyday, and for fun I should photograph them. I'll have to be creative to give a variety of images (so you guys don't get bored).

I look forward to doing this challenge will the druids and becoming a member of your community!

• Like 3

Level 2: Selkie Druid

1 || 2(failed) || 3(failed) || 4-pending

STR: 4 || DEX: 7 || STA: 5 || CON: 7 || WIS: 6 || CHA: 3

Hi robinhoodie!

Looks like we have some goals in common. I also want to swim regularly in this challenge (but only 1 to 2 times a week), and cling to my daily Baduanjin morning exercises, which in essence is a chinese type of yoga.

Good luck with your dietary goals!

Happy New Year

M.

Viking  Warrior Level 5

STR: 7.5 | DEX: 11 | STA: 12 | CON: 12 | WIS: 12 | CHA: 9

Sometimes people have a hard time accepting a change like vegetarianism; it's your life, though, and your quest. I would suggest arming yourself with Thrive Forward from Brendan Brazier, there are some very well written and researched articles there that really lay out WHY a plant-based diet, free of processed foods like wheat, is the path to better health. I've been really enjoying the articles and videos, and it's helped me explain my Veganism in a more holistic, less "threatening" way!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

Hey robinhoodie, I've had a few "rough" challenges myself. Good luck with this one. Though not part of my challenge, I'll be making morning smoothies every day. What types of smoothies do you make? Can't wait to see your smoothie pics!

The Introverted Goddess

Level 5 || STR 9 || DEX 6 || STA 6 || CON 12 || WIS 13 || CHA 7

Current Challenge: The Introverted Goddess is......

Past Challenges as Sin's Goddess: #1  #2  #3W  #3A  #4  #5  #6  #7  #8

Can't wait to see the smoothies.

How was yoga today?

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Hello Druids! I'm joining you after some rough (read failed) challenges with the Adventurers and a one challenge break. I needed that time to clear my head and refocus, and I've determined that it is time to make some life changes that I have long put off due to fear. These changes most closely align me with the druids, so I wanted to join you as I start a fresh new challege, this time without fear.

1. Swim 3 times a week.

I love the water and swimming is very peaceful and healing for me. My goal this challenge is to go to a lap swim 3 times a week.

2. Do my yoga and meditations daily.

I usually do well with daily meditations, but I need to do more yoga to add strength, balance, and flexibility to my body as well as my soul.

3. Switch over to full vegetarian and gluten free.

This is where the fear lies. I've skirted around this with my family for a while trying to dodge meat dishes without hurting their feeling and inevitably being guilted into eating it anyway. Part of this will be firmly telling my family that I am a vegetarian, and to not be insulted if I don't eat everything they offer.

4. Smoothie fun!

This will be a fun part. I should have some kind of blended beverage everyday, and for fun I should photograph them. I'll have to be creative to give a variety of images (so you guys don't get bored).

I look forward to doing this challenge will the druids and becoming a member of your community!

Welcome to the Druids robinhoodie!

Congratulations on your challenge goals, I find them both inspiring and achievable.

Out of curiosity, what makes you say that your last challenges failed? I happen to think that everyone who hangs around here at NF is a winner…...

So, am I right in assuming that your main quest is to overcome fear?

Then my next question is, what is your most important motivation?

(can't wait for those smoothies…)

I have chosen to believe in myself.

Awesome to see you back on the boards!

I was vegetarian for about 10 years and some of my family never got the hang of the fact that I wasn't eating meat. Getting them over the insult feelings will be the big thing.

So, how I did the first week go?

Aussie Bush Ranger - Training with the Monks

'I'll fight but not surrender', cried the wild colonial... GRRL!

Project 365 - Becoming BatGirl

Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines