Howdy Rebels! I've been lurking on the site for a long time but have now decided to really join the community. Just wanted to say hello! Eagerly awaiting the start of my first 6-week challenge on Jan 6. 

Background:

I'm a 25 year old woman who tries to stay active despite a rather sedentary life as a veterinary student (graduating in May!). For the last two years I have been focusing on running (just ran my second marathon) but my main goal now is to get stronger. I've dabbled with Olympic lifts before (Starting Strength) and enjoyed it, but it always fell away when I started running a lot more. That needs to change.

Somewhere along the line of training for my last marathon, the running became a chore rather than a joy, which is quite sad for someone who considers running a hobby. I think the mileage just became too intense for me, and I'd like to revert back to running for fun rather than for road races. (Not that I ran at a competitive pace, but still.) 

In conjunction with wanting to regain the joy in my workouts, I am a volunteer firefighter and really do need to get a lot stronger in order to function more efficiently. Plus, we all know that weight lifting is more effective than pure cardio for losing the extra unhealthy weight that I've been carrying around with me since I began college. Overall, I want to get stronger and be healthier. So! Bring on Stronglifts 5x5! I'm really looking forward to it.

(I'm also looking forward to using the challenges to help me improve my diet. Small, attainable goals are the way to go for positive lifestyle change, and that's what I want to achieve!)

Do or do not, there is not try. 

Half-Elf Ranger

"new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer." - Samwise Gamgee 

* Level 2 | STR 4 | DEX 0 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 1.5 | CHA 0.75 *

Intro Post | Current Challenge: (#32) Past Challenges: (#31)| Battle Log @eslee_

Welcome to the rebellion, Twinsuns!

Is that you in the picture with the koala? (squee!) You seem to have a pretty clear idea of what you want and how to achieve it. That's awesome! Good luck with your training and keep us posted!

If you feel yourself losing steam, come hear and we'll cheer you up!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.