missrebecca's birthday slim down!

rita lin

You're almost done! You've come so far, done so well, and accomplished so much. Taking care and preserving what you've done is as good as it gets when you're feeling ill/bad.

I'm personally going to give myself a rest week at some point in my next challenge. I think its necessary and 6 week challenges without a single rest week are brutal. Should probably be taken flexibly to mitigate illness or more foreseeable malaise.

• Like 1

Formerly "Silkie" the Level 3 Ranger - now respawning as "Arcanis" the Monk ...

First Challenge   Holiday Mini-Challenge   Second Challenge  Third Challenge (Incomplete) Fourth Challenge (Incomplete)

Post-Respawn:  Fifth Challenge

Yesterday was my birthday!! I didn't get into my skinny jeans *sigh* but never mind. I know I'll get into them eventually, so it'll be a roll over for my next challenge.

Basically the whole challenge has gone out the window now. I'm having a few takeaways this week and while I am going to the gym it's not much so yeah...ah well.

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

STR:19 ~ DEX:6 ~ CON:21 ~ WIS:20 ~ STA:12 ~ CHA:9

Current Challenge - Previous Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies within 10 feet of the pack."

Hey, congrats!!!  Have fun, but don't let too many days go by before you get back to your good habits.  They should make you feel better and weather illnesses etc. 

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY!

Good to see that you're not getting too upset about not getting into your skinny jeans.  You are doing fabulous.  Keep it up and you will get there.

• Like 1

My self-worth, beauty, strength, and overall awesomeness is not defined by numbers.

12STR  13.75CON  5STA  12WIS   14CHA  6DEX        1 fire flower

Current Challenge   #8  #7   #6  #5  Unofficial  #4  #3  #2

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it first."  -The Pirate Captian

Hey, congrats!!!  Have fun, but don't let too many days go by before you get back to your good habits.  They should make you feel better and weather illnesses etc. 

I have been good with my meals, aside from evening ones. So still having porridge for brekkie and protein shakes and things, and I've been walking more, even if I haven't been going to the gym :)

HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY!

Good to see that you're not getting too upset about not getting into your skinny jeans.  You are doing fabulous.  Keep it up and you will get there.

It was a pretty tough goal tbh, so I don't feel too bad about it :D

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Well it's been an eventful challenge if nothing else!

This was my original goal:

Goal: Get into my skinny jeans again by my birthday!

• Also, secondary goal, be able to do the splits.

And how am I going to do that? With the help of these 3 quests:

• Have smoothies for 5 meals of the week [upped from the 3 last challenge] - CON (4)
  • Strength train 3x a week & walk to uni 4 out of 5 days - STR + STA (2 + 2)
  • Stretch for 10 mins a day - DEX (3)

My life quest this challenge is about money. I am worryingly skint, so:

• Limit myself to a £15 food shop a week - WIS + CHA [because if I have more money I'll be happier haha] (2 + 2)

First off: Neither of my goals were successes, I neither got into my skinny jeans nor am I able to do the splits (though I am more flexible now than when I started!)

As the weeks have gone on I've been giving myself a score of between 0 and 5 for how well I achieved the individual quests that week, they're then averaged out to give me a decimal between 1 and 5 which equates to an alphabetical score of A to E, this when equates to percentages (using the handy chart provided by NF) which tells me how many stat points I get!

It was all pretty average to be honest, and my spreadsheet is in my signature. Nothing mind-blowing, and it wasn't nearly as good as my last challenge. Oh well. 

• Smoothies 5x a week - 3.67 - B/C - CON [+3]
    • I'm giving myself 3, purely because while I haven't necessarily been having them as meal replacements, I have been having more protein shakes which I have noticed has made a difference - I feel I've made a habit :)
  • Strength train 3x a week & walk to uni 4/5 days - 3.17 - C - STR + STA [+1 each]
    • I was just all over with this one to be honest, some weeks I'd go to the gym but would walk, others I'd walk but wouldn't go to the gym, very wishy washy
  • Stretch for 10 mins a day - 2.67 - D - DEX [+0.75]
    • I'm definitely more flexible than I was 6 weeks ago, but I've just been really naff at this!
  • Budget £15 a week for shopping - 3.33 - B - WIS + CHA [+1.5 each]
    • The reason I've given myself a B is because this was an all or nothing thing, I didn't really grade myself. I either budgeted or I didn't, however, I did manage it 4/6 weeks, which is such a vast improvement from last term I can't even begin to tell you!

I feel like I've learned a lot about myself during the last 6 weeks. Not necessarily through this challenge, but just in general. I've realised I'm not handling the stress of university as well as I think I am, and I need to do something about that. I've also learned that I'm still bothered about my weight - even though I know it really doesn't matter! 

I've got some good ideas floating around for the next challenge, for now I'll be switching back to my battle log :D Adios!

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Good job Rebecca! The whole point is making habits and learning about ourselves/what works for ourselves. You may not have gained many points, but you have gained experience and learning.

Love reading your posts, keep it up!

• Like 1

My self-worth, beauty, strength, and overall awesomeness is not defined by numbers.

12STR  13.75CON  5STA  12WIS   14CHA  6DEX        1 fire flower

Current Challenge   #8  #7   #6  #5  Unofficial  #4  #3  #2

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it first."  -The Pirate Captian

Good job Rebecca! The whole point is making habits and learning about ourselves/what works for ourselves. You may not have gained many points, but you have gained experience and learning.

Love reading your posts, keep it up!

Thank you very much :D I definitely feel like I've learned things this challenge :)

Congrats on your performance! I think I'll be using your smoothies goal in my next challenge. (Probably as protein shakes)

Thank you! Yeah by the end I was pretty much not having smoothies but having protein shakes :D

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines