Dear Jackie, it's been a good while since head quarters heard from you. We almost suspected you injured or even worse, dead. We're glad to have you back and as usual, we'll jump right to it. Your chestnut reddish hair and green-brown eyes won't save you from this one, nor will your awesome guitar skills or writing skills. *Ehm* Sorry, I got a bit lost. Here goes:

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is as following.

Main: Lose approximately 20kg and find yourself living a healthier and more exciting life.

Your mission progress shall continue as following.

Level 1 + 2 (6 jan – 16 feb 2014)

Goal 1: Get a minimum of 7½ hours of sleep each night, preferably 9.

Goal 2: Wake up at 7:30 on week days, 9:00 latest on weekends.

Goal 3: Eat something for breakfast (within 45 min) each morning, even if it’s just some nuts.

Life quest: Do not use your credit card for anything, continue to pay it off to eventually get you out of debt.

Do you accept?

Silence in the room. I look down at my computer whilst thinking it through. Am I really ready for this? I know they're letting me start off easy, because I'm new, it's been a while and I need to start small. But really, breakfast? I never ate breakfast, like ever. I tried it in periods, but it just isn't my thing. Can I really make it my thing? I know it's needed if I want to continue my time here as an agent, and I really do want to stay here. I want to see myself achieve the status that Master Woh has carried for almost a century, Little Miracle.

Suddenly I hear the clock strike midnight.. it's a new year. Poof! Just like that I know what I need to do. I stand up, and I almost yell into the computer out of excitment, YES I'LL DO IT!

A flash of green, like always. And just like that, as if nothing had changed, I was on my way to start the adventure of a lifetime.

The why?

I've tried changing my life several times over, always biting of way more than I could ever chew. To get over that, I've decided to change my life around one aspect at a time, and I start with the one I feel most comfortable with: sleep and day rythm. For a very large portion of my life, my sleep and day rythm has been horrific, to the point of damaging both me and the grades I get at university. This being one of my major source of unhappiness, I realise that to live a really healthy and happy life, this is where I need to begin.

Together with that, I have never ever been a morning person. I border on diagnosis for DSPD (Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder), but don't have one officially. With that said this will be a huge challenge for me, even though it might look stupid to some of you. With my no-morning-person nature, also comes that I am not really awake until noon, leaving me with no hunger or attention span until that hour. Wanting to change that, I've decided to try and get myself used to a different life, and see how that will affect me. There is a risk of having a very negative effect on my mental health, and it might be obvious but; if that's seen, I will retreat immediately and go at it a different way. But yeah, starting somewhere, I start here.

The result

In accordance to the head quarter bible, I will be able to come out of this alive with the following results.

Level - 2

STR: 0

DEX: 0

STA: 5 (+5 from the 10 points given half way, for enduring so far.)

CON: 3 (+3 for finishing the sleep/breakfast goals after 6 weeks.)

WIS: 2 (+1 from the 10 points given half way for having slept and eaten so well, +1 for finishing the life goal after 6 weeks)

CHA: 4 (+4 from the 10 points given half way for being forceful enough to continue.)

Chubby Half Elf - Adventurer

Level 0

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Challenge 1 | 2 | 3

if i can make a suggestion about sleep, instead of changing the time you wake up completely and cold turkey, try moving your morning wake up time by 15 min every 2-3 days. You might just switch your wakefulness at the same time. Ideally, move you bedtime according to your 7.5-9h of sleep goal.

that might make it less challenging and more beneficial ?

anyhow, good luck on your goals !

Level 7 Yogini green witch

STR 3 - DEX 3 - STA 10 - CON 12 - WIS 13 - CHA 6

Previous challenges : 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6|| 7 || || 9 || 10 || 11

Current challenge : august 2020

Mantra : I am calm, I am love

I do find going to bed and waking up at fairly consistent times throughout the week and weekends does he'll me feel more energized throughout the days good luck with your goals. We are all here for help and support.

Zombies Run           Endomondo           Accountability     accoutibuddies

Age  : 38         Height : 5 '9       Weight : 220 lbs        Body Fat %:   ~27%

Race: half-elf | Class: scout 
[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

if i can make a suggestion about sleep, instead of changing the time you wake up completely and cold turkey, try moving your morning wake up time by 15 min every 2-3 days. You might just switch your wakefulness at the same time. Ideally, move you bedtime according to your 7.5-9h of sleep goal.

that might make it less challenging and more beneficial ?

anyhow, good luck on your goals !

Yeah, I was thinking of doing that. Alas, I don't really have the time for that as I need to go back to school in Monday and have an exam to write on Saturday, and also as a cherry on top, a dentist appointment tomorrow morning at 8 am (it's currently 10:30-ish pm where I'm at). So yeah, I do think that your way of doing it would be easier, but I'm hoping I'll manage anyway :P

Thanks for the replies guys! :D

• Like 1

Level 0

Challenge 1 | 2 | 3

Wake up time: 07:30, however I did end up falling back asleep and waking up at 11:00, a real rocky start on that goal 6h3.gif

Hours of sleep: 7½ for first wake-up time, total of 11 until the second wake up time blfn.png

Breakfast: Bread, with butter and cheese. And a glass of water blfn.png

Thoughts and feelings

I went off to a rocky start with the wake up time, just like I suspected I would. My problem is that I have all the will power in the world right now, but at 07:30, I don't. I did set an alarm for 07:30, placed on another side of my room so I physically had to go out of bed to turn it off. Nevertheless, I woke up, went to turn it off and wandered back to bed and fell asleep. It's almost like some kind of trance state, because I only have very vague memories of even doing, let alone what I was thinking whilst doing it (if anything). I think my major problem is to wake up, when I have nothing to wake up for. Apart from getting some studying done, I have no time to keep today. With that said, I think it will go better tomorrow since I will do my laundry before going off to my exam that starts at 14:00.

The rest of it went as I expected as well, I went to bed at midnight last night, but didn't fall asleep until well after 01:00. I hope it won't take much too many nights to adjust to the new times, so that I can actually start falling asleep when going to bed. However, I was very strict with myself and I stayed in bed, I didn't play any games, start writing or did anything. I just stayed in bed and kept telling myself it was time to sleep. Hopefully, my body and the rest of my brain will catch up soon.

Breakfast was easy, though that's probably because I ended up getting out of bed so late. At 07:30 I can guarantee it would've been much more of a fight to get anything down. I ate two slices of thin bread with butter and cheese, drank it down with a glass of water. It was good and I'm feeling ready to get my studying done.

Over all, I'm thoroughly disappointed in myself for not getting out of bed, but at the same time, I won't bash myself down too hard because that's not how you get any better. The other points got nice check marks, so that's a good motivational thing I thought I'd do each day now that I report.

And off we are! :)

Level 0

Challenge 1 | 2 | 3

Try turning the light straight on. You'll probably try this and instantly hate me for it. If someone does this to me at home, it's usually met with me thrashing about in the my duvet and hissing lots. But, on the upside, it does wake me up rather quickly. ^_^ Agreeing with KB Girl. No point beating yourself up. I think the best thing we can all do is to aim for improvement, not perfection. Aiming for perfection is basically setting ourselves up for failure. Particularly with something like sleep; it's so hard to control!

"I think it was blessed are the cheesemakers."

"What's so special about the cheesemakers?"

"Well obviously it's not meant to be taken literally; it refers to any manufacturers of dairy products."

EriTheHedgehog, level 0 Wood elf. Druid at heart, training with the adventurers.

STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Challenge 1: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42099-watch-out-world-eris-coming-to-getcha/

Wake up time: 07:30, however I did end up falling back asleep and waking up at 11:00, a real rocky start on that goal 6h3.gif

Hours of sleep: 7½ for first wake-up time, total of 11 until the second wake up time blfn.png

Breakfast: Drinking yoghurt on my way to the exam + some nuts and mars bar blfn.png

Thoughts and feelings

So, it appears I definitely need a new approach. I think I'll jump right into it and use the tip that I got from Eri above here, of turning on the lights. I have a light that I can reach from my bed, so the new step is that I shall turn that light on before I get out of bed to turn off my alarm. Those two things together should prevent me from falling back asleep, or even wanting to go back to bed. I hope. I knew it would be a really difficult goal, but I didn't know it would be this difficult. Around 11:00 has been my regular wake up time for almost 6 months now, since last semester was a really bad one for me and I would only get out of bed earlier if it was something I really, really couldn't miss out on in school, like a lab or such.

Second change I will make is that I will go to bed a bit earlier. I noticed that these two nights I've both gone to bed around midnight (leaving me with 7½ hours of sleep until wake up time), but I haven't actually been falling asleep until at least an hour/hour and a half later. So tonight, I will be in bed by 23:00, 23:30 latest, hoping that it will make me fall asleep a bit earlier and thus making it a bit easier to get out of bed. At the time of speaking it's 19:33, so I will go grab a little bit of food/snack and perhaps sitting down doing something relaxing like watching a film or so.

Onwards for tomorrow :)

Level 0

Challenge 1 | 2 | 3

Wake up time: 07:30, however I did end up falling back asleep and waking up at 11:00, a real rocky start on that goal 6h3.gif

Hours of sleep: 7½ for first wake-up time, total of 11 until the second wake up time blfn.png

Breakfast: Haven't eaten yet, at time of writing. And the 45 minutes since wake up has passed. 6h3.gif

Thoughts and feelings

Is this the moment where you just give up on everything? Starts to wonder what the hell is wrong with you? It's so incredibly frustrating to be so aware of everything at this hour, but not be able to tell yourself that at any earlier point in the morning. As if I'm not even alive at those times, but just some kind of zombie who can't even begin to think what is right and wrong. The alarm went off this morning and I turned on my light and turned off the alarm. My phone was next to me in the bed, so I must've picked it up from it's spot across the room somewhere during the night, though I can't remember when or why. Which, of course meant I didn't actually have to get out of bed to turn the alarm off. Though, I did wake up, but not in any way I had ever imagined.

So, to get some small background story on this part, let's just say I'm a huge fan of horror films/games/[anything]. I love being scared whilst playing a game or watching a film and the adrenalin kick you get is quite amazing. Anywho, two days ago I watched a series based on Slenderman mythos (I won't go into detail, but it was MH for anyone who's interested), and they scared me beyond belief. I mean, I've been scared plenty of times, but this one episode of the series really scared the bejeezus out of me. It scared me to the point where I had trouble laying in bed in the evening because I would just keep thinking that the next time I open my eyes, he'll be there - the scary man/thing. Anywho, I got over it as I always do and in retrospect, it's part of what I think is so awesome, that the effect of fear can be so strong (yeah I know, I'm quite strange for liking that).

Back to this morning, I was just waking up at around 07:30, alarm had gone off and light was on, when something crashed. At the time I didn't know what, I just heard something fall, somewhere in my small student room. And I was scared shitless immediately. I covered up under the blanket and wanted to cry for a second, before thinking that it can't possibly have been anything THAT bad. I mean, my rational self doesn't actually believe in this scary man, so come on Jackie, get up! But nuh uh! Didn't work, I was genuinely scared. Problem is, this lead me to stay in bed whilst thinking how to tackle this "problem" just a bit too long, and I ended up falling asleep, with the lights on. Goddamnit! I ended up getting out of bed around 11:20, after thoroughly contemplating the risks and I searched for the source of the noice. It turns out, my razor holder, which has sort of suction cups at the back attached to the wall had lost pressure and fallen to the floor - that was it! But at 07:30, when it's still really dark outside and I only had a small light on in my room (the big light is at the other end of the room), it was really scary and enough to get me all worked up (and then have me fall asleep).

At current time of typing it's 12:29 and I haven't done much today but sitting here typing this, watching some youtube and just laughing at myself in between the moments of sheer disappointment. Also, hunger refuses to visit, so I'll soon just go and eat something anyway, 'cause I probably need it. Planning on having chicken for lunch/dinner, should cheer me up a bit.

Good morning everyone, I hope no scary man woke you up today! (Laughing at myself, but then again, what's life for?) ;)

Level 0

Challenge 1 | 2 | 3

Wake up time: 07:30 blfn.png

Hours of sleep: 7½  blfn.png

Breakfast: Kvarg with some strawberries, glass of milk blfn.png

Thoughts and feelings

YES, YES, YES! I finally got my three green ticks. I DID IT! *takes a moment to be unbelievably proud of myself*

So yeah, today started off great. I woke up at 07:30, splashed my face with some cold water and went on to continue my day. I had breakfast, and now I'm sitting here telling the world that I'm proud for finally getting out of bed in time! Some might call it ridiculous to be proud of such an "easy" thing, but it has been a battle for me so far, and still isn't easy in any way. This morning I had the help of my mother, who'd told me that if I hadn't texted her that I was up by 07:50 she'd call me - and I strongly dislike talking to people on the phone in general, but especially in the morning when I'm newly awake. So that put some fire under my feet and things moved better than ever! Now I'm hoping that getting up on time will make it easier for me to fall asleep in time tonight.

Regarding the hours of sleep I technically didn't sleep that long, but I consider the time I spend in bed to count as well. I went to bed at 23:00 and read for about 30 minutes. But even so, after having a busy day and being quite tired, I remember seeing the time 01:05 before at some point finally falling asleep. Falling asleep has always been a big issue for me, but goddamnit, an hour and a half?! As I said, hope it corrects on its own now that I start getting out of bed in time.

Now I hope I can keep this up, because if I keep getting 3 green checks, I can still give myself the highest grade, even though I failed on the first 3 days. So now I'm determined, let's do it! :D

Level 0

Challenge 1 | 2 | 3

Hey ! Glad to see you finally made it to 3 green checks ! You go girl :)   it's always awsome to achieve something we aim for that is hard for us, you definetly can feel proud about that !

I have another suggestion regarding sleep, you can take a supplement called melatonin, if i am not mistaking. It over the counter, you can ask a pharmacist, and it helps reset your "circadian" intern clock. You take it at the time you go to bed or want to fall asleep. You won't have any drowsy or sleepy effect, but if you take it for a week or so it can help you fall asleep at the time you want. And its not too expensive either. Worth a try !

anyhow, i am proud of your first perfect day, keep going !

• Like 1

Level 7 Yogini green witch

STR 3 - DEX 3 - STA 10 - CON 12 - WIS 13 - CHA 6

Previous challenges : 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6|| 7 || || 9 || 10 || 11

Current challenge : august 2020

Mantra : I am calm, I am love

Wake up time: 07:30 blfn.png

Breakfast: Kvarg with some strawberries, glass of milk blfn.png

Thoughts and feelings

Breakfast was the same as yesterday, I promise it's not just meaningless ctrl+c - ctrl-v ;)

I bought a new mobile yesterday since I've been living with this really old one which gives off a horrible noise for wake up call. So this morning I woke up at 07:30, and it was almost a joy! I have found not only a much more calm and serene wake up tone (which didn't exist on the last mobile) but also this app called SleepyBot, and after only one night I'm in love! It's amazing. It records my sleep data during the night whilst I have the phone lying on my bed. And it also has a feature, which makes it wake you up during your lightest sleep over the span of my chosen time. So if I want to wake up 07:30, I put on smart alarm and it will wake me between 07:00 - 07:30, whenever I'm sleeping the lightest. Though, this morning I woke up from the regular alarm on the new phone at 07:30, but that one also has a calm and serene sound, so that was fine. I'll keep my regular alarm on for 07:35 (a time difference I can be okay with) and the SleepBot for 07:30 with smart alarm, that way I have a security if my SleepBot doesn't wake me up ^_^

Good morning world :D

Level 0

Challenge 1 | 2 | 3

Wake up time: 12:30 6h3.gif

Breakfast: Lunch blfn.png

Thoughts and feelings

Today I have some red ticks and also some strange breakfast, however, this time I don't feel too bad about it because it was a choice I made whilst being much aware of what I was doing. I decided it already yesterday afternoon when I knew that I would be going out. Yesterday we had a pub evening with almost the entire group of biology students from my university, booked a room in on of our nation pubs and just sat there from 18:00 until closing 01:00. Had some drinks, talked a lot, played some card games and just had an awesome evening. Continued to a chilled out after-party which turned into an impromptu whiskey tasting/teach someone to drink whiskey kind of thing. Was fun even without drinking whiskey, since I don't like it. In the end, I walked home across town, about 25 minute walk home, around 04:00 with a neighbouring student of mine. Had a great evening :)

For today I'm feeling pretty good, I didn't drink much at all so I'm not hung over. Just a bit affected by the sudden change of routine + the alcohol I did have, so I'm quite tired and slow. Planning on just chilling, and then tonight there's a birthday party to go to, but I'm planning on not being home this late from that one, since it's more of a monopoly-evening, sort of thing. So I should get home somewhat in time, and go to bed at least earlier than last night.

Level 0

Challenge 1 | 2 | 3

Wake up time: 12:30 6h3.gif

Breakfast: Lunch blfn.png

Thoughts and feelings

So, last night ended up later than I was planning. However, to look at it from the bright side, it made me miss the last bus home so I got 70 minutes of walking done, in the middle of the night, at -7 degrees Celcius. Though, I'm not complaining, it was a beautiful night and it wasn't at all that bad. I'm feeling good today, so there's no need for me to fret. I'll go to the store and buy something nice, get a lot of revising done and go to bed in time to get out of bed at 07:30 tomorrow :)

Level 0

Challenge 1 | 2 | 3

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines