Hello dudes, dudettes, and various permeantations in between!

I jumped in feet first months ago, ready and rearing to go.  So of course the Universe decided to slap me down with a tizzy of health problems and life road blocks (so goes the life of a luck-cursed person.  As in, cursed with the weirdest "luck" imaginable).

Let's start this over, shall we? 

I'm Caffeineaphile, a 28 y/o "Earth Human" (that's the ticket) female from Emerald City. My main claims to fame are my big mouth and thick skull, and getting blown up in the Army (-before- I deployed.  I was our only "casualty" the entire deployment period.  Embarassing) In the five years I've been out I've watched my once brick sh*thouse bod turn into something more akin to a pudgy roly-poly thing... and with my short torso that is NOT a good look.

The Army gave me a lot to be proud of, but it also gave me most of my current body issues: nerve damage and instability in right leg due to aformentioned exploding, gut issues due to over-abundance of MRE terribleness (and a weird undiagnosed stress disorder), balance issues due to concussion (another "fun" adventure in addition to going BOOM) and though I won't blame the Army for my chemical imbalances in my brain (PTSD, bipolar disorder, blah blah blah) they certainly didn't help.

To restate what I mentioned in my initial challenge post, I want to get back some of what I had, and lose some weight, gain some strength, get back to awesome and do it right.  I'm looking for community that understands, an intelligent sounding board, and hopefully a few people who aren't afraid to kick some rando internet person's ass if they slack off.  I'm always looking for people who know more than I do (that's how you get smarter, after all) and hopefully I can learn as I train and get the mojo back.

My inner motivation?  I'm LAZY and I don't want to buy new clothes again.  I'm also sort of sick of looking at myself in the mirror so that helps.  I know I can be better, and I would much rather get a jump on this health thing before my doctor tells me my BP is through the roof or that I'm slowly cannibalizing myself.

I guess this is a long winded way of asking for help, encouragement, tips and tricks and a community that isn't afraid of calling me on my bullshit.  I'm seriously needing to get back to my old awesome, before I lose all hope of a just world.  If there's anyone else out there who struggles to keep fit and healthy while battling mental illness I would love to pick your brain if you'd let me.  This is an enemy I never learned to fight very well and it's proving to be my biggest and most gnarly obstacle.

YOU are awesome!  Ciao!

• Like 1

~"I aim to misbehave."

My inner motivation?  I'm LAZY and I don't want to buy new clothes again.  I'm also sort of sick of looking at myself in the mirror so that helps.  I know I can be better, and I would much rather get a jump on this health thing before my doctor tells me my BP is through the roof or that I'm slowly cannibalizing myself.

Love this! But my reason for not wanting to buy new clothes is I hate shopping!

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda