Ceasefire

image017.png

THE JOURNEY CONTINUES...

Installment three.

MAIN GOAL.

Lower bodyfat percentage.

ADDITIONAL GOALS FOR THIS CHALLENGE.

Stick to personal trainers 21 day Paleo meal plan. Blog about it. LIVE IT.

Work out 6 days a week in some fashion for at least 30 minutes.

Drop the self-depreciation. Seriously.

LIFE QUEST.

One craft project a week with my children. One main craft project for myself for the duration of the challenge.

MOTIVATION.

This weird and oddly humbling feeling that I discovered whereby it's okay to live in the moment and not sweat the small stuff. It's given me so much more momentum than I thought it would.

BEFORE STATS.

Watch-this-space.jpg

Pixie Ranger Drunk on Tea~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Flobots have some very empowering, inspiring music. I took to the 'circle in the square' concept because I feel like I've been trying too hard to conform. This year is all about finding more about ME, not what I believe society expects from me.

Went a little more basic with my Challenge this time through. No stats. No rewards. No plan to push myself too hard.

Would love support from any and all willing. I made a separate section to track threads that I'll be following so I don't have any excuse not to post. If you'd like me to aid you in your journey, I can provide light comic relief, kicks up the backside and an abundance of gif love. Don't be afraid to ask.

tumblr_m8ljywHX9D1rdnalro1_500.gif

Drop the self-depreciation. Seriously.

Ceasefire, I've been lurking at times and I think the above is the best goal you have. I feel like you knock yourself down sometimes when I read your posts, and I just want to say "stop it!" but  I'm not sure how to say that in a positive and effective way. I hope that make sense.

Good luck on the challenge! 

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

I've been trained from a young age that pride = vanity. I have a habit of knocking myself down.

(But I am pretty awesome.)

And yes! I want to get into crafts in general, and I made a Facebook group with some friends to do seasonal crafts and randomize the recipient. So my craft will be something to do with flowers. Any suggestions (I'm Pinteresting like a mofo) would be welcome. My crafting skills = 0.

I think you'll find a craft that you'll love and it's going to be awesome.  Wax paper and crayons for some stained glass looking pieces.  My son made a lot of these and they can look pretty cool.  

Go forth and kick ass

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

When my kids were little we made Christmas ornaments every year.  It's a little early for that but maybe you could make wind chimes or something.

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

Secret Identity: Kristy

Level 4 Adventurer

STR 5.5 | DEX 5.25 | STA 5.5 | CON 8.75 | WIS 7 | CHA 2.5

Windchimes sound good. I'm finding a few things on Pinterest too!

This is the one I think I'm going to go with. Not a huge Martha Stewart fan (her comment about bloggers pissed me off) but it looks really pretty and I love tea, so I could make a couple of sets for friends and family too.

mld104774_0509_teabags_hd.jpg

http://www.marthastewart.com/273597/mothers-day-tea-sachets-and-gift-box

Depending on how well they turn out, I'll happily take requests. I have some really nice teas. <3

Oh man, you know what, I haven't even gotten that far. Right now my main goal is just to get back into better eating habits and working out regularly again and hope that things fall into place. I've at least not been beating myself up as much for my recent weight gain as I once would have. I consider that progress.

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to see the steps when you have the chance - I grappled with a lot of mental self improvement last challenge, and didn't do so well because I didn't define it upfront.

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

STR 6.5 | DEX 15 | STA 12 | CON 10.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 8.5

Current Challenge: Lucky In Love

#4 Finding Zen#3: Preparations For Battle | #2: Ninja School | #1: Lapsed Ninja

"You're welcome on my boat. God ain't." - Firefly

That's a good point, it's definitely something I have to muse over.

I have got a post-it on the bathroom mirror reminding me of my daily routine (30 years old and I still need a reminder to brush my teeth?) and telling myself to smile. I think a positive self attitude should begin from the get go. And hopefully cutting the crap from my diet will help with my lack of energy.

Also getting my hair cut on Wednesday~ Excited.

Spent last night going through the Paleo meal plan and writing a 3 day shopping list. I think what surprised me about the end total on my shopping list was that shopping like is going to get expensive - the price of the meats I need for the totals in the plan was a little shocking, for just the three days I had the list for! And I went to Trader Joe's and found they didn't have everything I need or that the prices were a little steeper than I could find elsewhere. So I had to go to Target and I still need to find somewhere to buy bulk nuts from. Probably a co-op.

Also, my trainers plan had listed 'turkey meatballs, see recipe' but contained no recipe. So I spent a bunch of time trying to find a Paleo friendly meatball recipe that wasn't going to require me having some kind of food processor or use almond meal (because it's expensive for just a 21 day challenge) and was also within the calorie range on the plan and that was difficult. I finally found one which had the meal/flour as optional, so pray for me that they turn out okay!

/breathes

Going to make my first post about my Paleo plan on my blog tomorrow. If anyone would care to follow, I'll be at: http://teachthegirl.tumblr.com/

And I'm fasting tomorrow. So that'll be interesting. =)

Paleo can be more expensive due to the high meat intake but i like to use more affordable cuts and get creative. I also dont do grass fed due to not having a good sourcw for it. And i also dont think its the most important part of the paleo diet.

For a turkey meatball recipe, i have one in my pinterest boars in my sig. Spinach, turkey, an egg, and some spices. Supet simple and very good.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

Much appreciated! Those look just as tasty with less ingredients, I'll be working out the calories per serving via MyFitnessPal on the day that I make them. I think I'll stick with the recipe I found right now (because I bought fresh parsley and garlic for that recipe specifically) but the spinach meatballs sound delicious for another meal!

I'm not used to consuming so much meat, but I suppose it's going to be taking place of the grains that I would generally eat. I would love to say I'll do grass-fed, organic, free-range, etc but my budget simply can't afford it right now. (And here's where someone might say 'well, can your health afford it?' to which I say...it's gonna have to. I got mouths to feed.)

I posted a thread in the Paleo forum about vinegar and tomatoes if anyone wants to weigh in. This stuff can get overwhelming.

Taking my before pictures tomorrow. Also might go to Zumba if the weather isn't absolutely terrible with this cold snap coming in.

giphy.gif

I've never heard of vinegar not being paleo? I've heard of tomatoes due to the nightshade aspect, and it's affect on people with auto-immune issues. 

Listen, here is my thought on Paleo/Primal. I don't believe the mumbo jumbo about cavemen and what they ate. We can't recreate that because plants change throughout time. The strawberries we eat now (even organic varieties) are not the same as those in the past. We made things better, taste, nutrtion, everything throughout the years by breeding only the best of plants. So don't get caught up with tiny details like that. Remember, people are just making these things up as they go right now. SO what are the real goals? To eat more natural, unprocessed foods. Things with less preservatives, and of better quality. 

Trust me, in the short or long run a little bit of vinegar won't kill you.

Ceasefire! love, love, love the Adventure Time gifs! [lol big surprise, right?  ;) ] and also seriously loving the simplified goals. loving yourself, loving your family [through quality time] and loving your life. that's what it's all about.
i'm gonna agree with Alex here and say that vinegar is a pretty minor concern, especially given the small quantities you'll probably be using. however, i do understand the impulse to be 100% perfect on a cleanse like this, and i commend it. but as long as you're eating mostly vegetables with appropriately-sized portions of protein and healthy fats, and are going easy on the fruits and carb-dense veggies, you will see results and feel great.
excited to follow you on this challenge! yay!!

level 4 elf ranger
STR | 6    DEX | 5    STA | 6    CON | 4    WIS | 4    CHA | 8

Adventure Time is one of my guilty pleasures. I feel like a bid kid watching it and I love it. Most taken in by the back-story of Marceline and Simon. <3

Thanks guys. I guess I over-think things a lot. ANYTHING is better than my current diet. I'm a little worried I'm psyching myself out too much.

tumblr_myxb5kOxFe1spaqpio1_500.gif

Everyone excited for tomorrow. Ready to get your awesome on?

Excited to watch you rock this challenge

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Everyone excited for tomorrow. Ready to get your awesome on?

I don't understand this statement? I never take my awesome off.

But I am excited.

Don't sweat the tiny stuff like that, it's the tiny stuff where you try to rationalize a hershey kiss that will hurt you. Good luck!

I had potatoes while on whole30. The debate is still raging on whether they're considered paleo or not, but it was the whole week and they were in my pantry. Wasn't exactly going to let them go to waste. So I hear ya! Always hard to balance budget and diet.

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

STR 6.5 | DEX 15 | STA 12 | CON 10.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 8.5

Current Challenge: Lucky In Love

#4 Finding Zen#3: Preparations For Battle | #2: Ninja School | #1: Lapsed Ninja

"You're welcome on my boat. God ain't." - Firefly

How would they not be paleo? They cam from the ground! This is why I don't do those diets... they confuse me. I just try to keep the processed crap out and the dairy and grain to a minimum. :D

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: therealkat :: a witty challenge title appears!

MyFitnessPal || Strava || Endomondo || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay. And I'm on Facebook

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines