Ceasefire

I don't know. Don't think I could pull of looking like a tattooed dude? XD

He's a very knowledgeable guy. I try to take a lot of his advice, but it doesn't work so well sometimes. Comparing what he can do as a male without any kids to myself as a 30-year old mom of two seems often unfair. He does say 'do what you can, don't fret what you can't' but sometimes I feel like I have to dedicate more time than I'm able to achieve my goals. So I'm trying to cut myself some slack on that front.

I also don't know a damn thing about cars, but if it comes to tonight and we still can't get it started, I'm sure we'll find a way to get going again. We helped dig/pull a neighbor out of a snow bank a few weeks back, hoping if we can't find a friend to help give us a boost, we can see if the neighbor is available. I really, REALLY want to get to the gym tonight, so I'm praying we can get it going. Fingers crossed, eh?

Next up on the menu...sauerkraut? Oooooookay.

Be who you wanna be! ;) As NF says, if we all had unlimited time, budgets, and zero family members to care for, then we'd have no excuses left. Well, except inherent laziness, I guess.

If you can't get out to the gym, it sounds like you've been around the block enough to do an awesome bodyweight / weight workout at home? :rapture:  Just sayin'!

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

STR 6.5 | DEX 15 | STA 12 | CON 10.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 8.5

Current Challenge: Lucky In Love

#4 Finding Zen#3: Preparations For Battle | #2: Ninja School | #1: Lapsed Ninja

"You're welcome on my boat. God ain't." - Firefly

Oh yeah, I have some dumbbells that I can work into a routine. I just love the group environment of my gym. Plus there's opportunity to learn more there, especially when Adam teaches. Lots of stretches and dynamic movements. I always feel lighter/taller after his sessions.

Thanks Doug! No tech here (I r teh dum) but I'm sure I can find something for the kids to do. I'm thinking even something as basic as paper snowflakes would be fun for them right now. I was looking for a seasonal craft to stick on the kitchen window, so we can have some fun with it. =)

Just tried to start the car. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Think the battery might be dead at this rate.

And today I'm reminded not everyone is supportive of the journey of another person. I know this Paleo plan isn't ideal and I know I can tweak it if I need to, but what's the point of a plan if you don't follow it somewhat? I've been told to add more carbs, 'just eat real food' and all kinds of things around my forum haunts today. I wanted to go with the plan so I didn't need to worry about a menu for myself.

I borked my first snack of the day anyway. Was supposed to have two eggs and one obliterated itself, so only had one. Halved the snack. The sauerkraut wasn't half bad! Especially with a poached egg on top...

Pixie Ranger Drunk on Tea~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Just tried to start the car. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Think the battery might be dead at this rate.

And today I'm reminded not everyone is supportive of the journey of another person. I know this Paleo plan isn't ideal and I know I can tweak it if I need to, but what's the point of a plan if you don't follow it somewhat? I've been told to add more carbs, 'just eat real food' and all kinds of things around my forum haunts today. I wanted to go with the plan so I didn't need to worry about a menu for myself.

I borked my first snack of the day anyway. Was supposed to have two eggs and one obliterated itself, so only had one. Halved the snack. The sauerkraut wasn't half bad! Especially with a poached egg on top...

Not dead, but likely frozen. Pull the battery from the car and bring it inside. The water will melt and then you can put it in car to start it.

You will always have people with varying opinions. And they may not be wrong, but what works for them doesn't mean it will work for you. Stick to your plan. Once you try it you can adjust accordingly to how you feel. Keep doing what you're doing and trust yourself.

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

Thanks. I'll see if my husband can do that when he gets home. I don't think he'd want me under the hood of his baby. ;)

And thanks, that means more than you know. I guess I just thought people would respect that I'm at least eating healthy and TRYING to stick to something, instead of knocking it down. It should be up to me to knock it down. I'm already feeling tired as all hell, but that could again be due to lack of sleep. I think I might head to bed early tonight...

DRINKING MORE WATER, PRETENDING LIKE I'M GOING TO BE A BEAST AT THE GYM.

/collapses

I would, but my daughter is going through one of her 'I don't need sleep' phases. I'm trying desperately to transition her to her own bed. Alas, she's totally not behind that plan. In fact, if you ask her where her bed is, she'll point to her own bed. But if you ask her where she sleeps, she'll point at mine. XD

Lunch was good. Baked chicken with a spinach salad. The kids enjoyed it too, for the most part. Couldn't get my daughter to eat her carrots or my son to eat avocado, but they did well for the most part. I think one of the things I'm liking about following this plan so far is that I've had more time to sit and converse with my kids at the table instead of hurriedly eating our food in front of the TV. Plus, I'm slightly more domestic with needing to spend more time in the kitchen.

Squash is in the oven~

What this house needs is some tunes playing. Where's my Disney playlist...

BUTTS. That egg I ruined at lunch? Yeah, I needed an egg for my meatballs. ALWAYS SOMETHING. Gotta figure this out...

Also, spare a vote for my kitty? I'd love to win some earrings...

Monty~

• Like 1

Sauerkraut! I never tried it before and it wasn't so bad, but I didn't get the no salt version, so the sodium in that sucker was pretty crazy. It was supposed to be a double serving of what was pictured too, but I screwed up the second poached egg.

Feeling good this morning! Just got my son on the bus (-10°F outside, thankfully he got there JUST as the bus arrived) and now my daughter is crying because she's had him home for 2 weeks and 2 days and she couldn't go outside with him. She's running backward and forward from his bedroom to the front door. I think she's confused. :<

Breakfast is eggs and salsa with a side of nuts.

We're all a little nuts.

• Like 1

It definitely needed the yolk for me. The recipe called for a hard boiled egg, but I poached it instead and the drippy, creamy deliciousness helped the flavor for me. Definitely a snack I'd consider again in the future so I have the plan to thank for that one!

Breakfast was good. Brought my nuts to my desk while Bear watches Umi Zoomi. She's being charged a fee of a kiss per show request. Once I get the dishes finished, I think we're going to do some finger painting. =)

• Like 1

I think the name alone throws most people off. ;)

Showered the girl child. Now she's crying because I won't give her cereal, because she didn't finish her orange. I can't win

Anyone know what might be causing me to break out in spots? I got one pretty epic one near my lip and others about my face and chest...

if you're eating more oily or fatty foods, that might have something to do with it. i almost never moisturize my face, but in the winter my skin gets so dry that sometimes i do, which in turn sometimes results in a zit or two.
but of course this is all assuming that the "spots" you're talking about are pimples.

Breakfast was good. Brought my nuts to my desk while Bear watches Umi Zoomi. She's being charged a fee of a kiss per show request. Once I get the dishes finished, I think we're going to do some finger painting. =)

adorable.

level 4 elf ranger
STR | 6    DEX | 5    STA | 6    CON | 4    WIS | 4    CHA | 8

Yeah, zits. Never suffered them before (I'm lucky) apart from the occasional one or two, but these suckers are popping up all over. I HAVE been putting more lotion on due to dry skin and my fats have increased recently. Do you know if this'll go away on its own?

No finger painting yet due to super-grumps. She's taken off her pajamas and is 'reading' a book on the couch, but refuses to come for snuggles even though she keeps telling me she's tired. 2 year olds, eh? You'll miss the naps later in life, missy!

Lunch about to go in the oven. I was supposed to have Halibut, but I guess I picked up the wrong frozen packet (would have bought fresh, but fish is expensive in Minnesota!) and I got salmon instead. Totally not complaining. Today seems to be a high fat day on the menu considering how many nuts I'm consuming...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/EndlessMuse

Key: FBBC21

Originally I was just going to give the key to people at my gym, but if any of ya'll are interested, there it is. =)

Flobots have some very empowering, inspiring music. I took to the 'circle in the square' concept because I feel like I've been trying too hard to conform. This year is all about finding more about ME, not what I believe society expects from me.

Went a little more basic with my Challenge this time through. No stats. No rewards. No plan to push myself too hard.

Would love support from any and all willing.

I made a separate section to track threads that I'll be following so I don't have any excuse not to post.

Have you checked out the drop down menu from the arrow next to your username?  The "My Content" link is my primary way of keeping up with the threads I'm following because it shows every thread I've commented on, sorted in descending date order.  I click on the star that indicates new content on a thread to see what's new since the last time I read that thread.

If you'd like me to aid you in your journey, I can provide light comic relief, kicks up the backside and an abundance of gif love. Don't be afraid to ask.

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  11.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 12.75 | CON: 7.0 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Intro & Challenge Summary

Challenges:   1  2  3  4  5  6 7

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

I didn't know about that function, thanks! I guess I can subscribe to threads too? I'm a forum newb, apparently.

DayThree.png

Also got my hair done! Roots recolored, toned all over and added some partial bangs. Absolutely loving it. Also, thanks to making a food donation to their food drive and having a filled up punch card, my total came to a lot less than I expected, so I'm super happy I got to save some money this time around, especially during rent week.

Anyone else heard about this site? https://giveit100.com/projects I saw a post about it on Facebook and thought it might be fun. But I'm struggling to decide what I want to do with 100 days...

My daughter took forever to go to sleep tonight, so I'm choosing today as my rest day. I'll pick up a Zumba session on Sunday to make up for it.

Kind of wishing I worked out late last night because this morning I feel like death.

I was expecting another downshift, but not like this. I feel too weak to even stand? And although I bought all the ingredients for breakfast today, I don't feel like eating it. So I might make the conscious decision NOT to have breakfast today and just consider this a lower calorie day...because even the thought of food right now makes me feel sick.

The photo journalling thing had worked for a couple of my trainers clients and I figured while doing the 21 day plan, it was worth taking pictures so people could see the variety. I can't wait until the smoothies I'll be having for breakfast tomorrow and Saturday, honestly. Eating all of this meat is playing havoc with my stomach.

I ate two strawberries and added some unsweetened almond milk to my coffee. Let's see if it'll stay down.

And man, I just feel like 'wow, was I really eating THAT bad before that GOOD food makes me feel like crap?!' Ugh~

Nope, it's just your body transitioning from getting energy from quick to digest carbs to slower digesting protein and fat. I saw your numbers, and you're shooting for a very HF/LC diet, almost ketogenic. I've read many times that your body will feel weak for a bit before getting used to the intake. I've never gone that high fat and that low carb while doing paleo, so I can't offer from my experience anything good. 

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

Yeah, I realized when I plugged in my numbers yesterday that the fats were way higher than I'd usually consume, when actively logging. I also realize that my sugars in previous weeks must have been through the roof, so to speak, but it does kind of suck when you're feeling awesome during workouts when eating junk food, but can barely stand when you're eating healthier.

Any idea if I'd harm myself if I DIDN'T eat much today? I'm really not feeling it and I'm super tempted to just go grab a bowl of oatmeal, but I wouldn't want to ruin anything I've been doing with this Paleo plan. I know they say 'one bad meal doesn't hurt', but if this is a ketogenic diet, could I make myself worse and/or slow the results of this diet by consuming high carbs in the form of oats? This is most definitely a learning experience...thank you for spreading some knowledge my way. =)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines