Ceasefire

That would make sense. Whenever my husband pressed on the shoulderblade, it would send a shock up through my shoulder.

How would someone take care of that without seeing a doctor...? -________-

Going to be making breakfast in a minute. Egg baked inside a tomato. Wish me luck. XD

Pixie Ranger Drunk on Tea~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

That would make sense. Whenever my husband pressed on the shoulderblade, it would send a shock up through my shoulder.

How would someone take care of that without seeing a doctor...? -________-

Going to be making breakfast in a minute. Egg baked inside a tomato. Wish me luck. XD

That I am aware of, relaxation.  And go see a doctor.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Boo. Do not like going to the doctor at the best of times. The Brit in me makes do. XD

Dishes cleaned. Tomatoes in the oven. Going to start working on that chili in a little while and start raiding the kitchen cabinets for things to sell/donate because I'm tired of everything falling out at me every time I open any of the cupboard doors. /shame

I'm in that same boat.  The kids stuff has gotten out of hand.  Two kids don't need 14 cups.  I do dishes every other day if not every day, they aren't without.  And there are at least 6 spatulas in my kitchen.  6!?  

Yeah, it may suck, but it may be helpful.  You don't want it getting worse and affecting your daily life.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I feel your pain. For me, it's a hodgepodge of all kinds of equipment and trays/dishes, plus the kids plastic stuff (which they honestly don't need anymore) and then things that my mother in law has 'loaned' us which never seem to have made it back to her house...

Currently watching my cat pretending to be 'sneaky' to get to my daughters plate which has cooked ham on it...fail cat. He's too big to be a ninja. /shakes head

EDIT: Stupid anxiety attack over something ridiculous. Opened up all of my blinds so it feels like Spring and hopefully I can heave myself out of this funk.

how-winnie-the-pooh-works-6.jpg

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I'm a HUGE fan of the "eat when you're hungry" approach.  As someone who's been overweight my whole life, it was a challenge to learn to listen to my body.  I didn't actually know if I was hungry--I just ate because it was time to, or because I was sleepy, or stressed, or upset.  I've spent the last nine months or so learning to listen to my body, and it's my number one rule.

I'm not really eating "Paleo", more "Paleo-ish/low carb."  I feel better if I eat plenty of fruit, veggies, and meat.  When I eat dairy, I tend to get sniffly, so I mostly avoid it.  Sweets and most grains are like crack for me--I just can't stop, so I mostly avoid them.

I've found it really helpful to keep snacks on hand that I can grab at any time.  My current go-to snacks are celery stick (I pay extra for the pre-cut because I actually eat those) and "trail mix" (a combination of nuts, raisins, and Cheerios type cereal.

I also plan treats.  Most days I have a square of dark-ish chocolate and take time to savor it.  That seems to head off sugar binges for me.  DH picked up donuts this weekend, and they just didn't taste good to me.

Good luck with this journey.  I'm cheering you on.

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  11.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 12.75 | CON: 7.0 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Intro & Challenge Summary

Challenges:   1  2  3  4  5  6 7

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

Oh man, I don't know if there will ever be a day donuts don't taste good to me. I kind of don't ever want to live a life where I swear off something completely, so I'm trying 'most things in moderation' instead. And the eating when I'm hungry thing is actually going a lot better than my trying to fit everything in the meal plan in, so that's a plus!

Thanks for your support!

I managed to feel a little better after getting some tunes on (UB40 station on Pandora) and getting the chili in the crockpot. Also helped that my daughter didn't refuse her nap this afternoon and now she's rested, she's a little easier to deal with. Phew.

Thank you! I actually slept last night too, so that's a bonus!

Just shoveled my front path from the snow that fell last night (and is still falling) so I'm nice and toasty warm right now. I have to go and help my husband shovel for the elderly dude at lunch because someone drove up his driveway before my husband got there early this morning so there are nice snow ruts. Yay.

Today's plans include sorting laundry, doing the 2nd challenge as a single workout and then hopefully getting to the gym tonight, weather permitting.

Edit: Valentines.

I'm looking for some fun, unexpected ideas for my husband for Valentines day. His birthday is the day before Valentines and I'd like to do some nice things for him this year, something he wouldn't be expecting. But I'm having trouble coming up with ideas. I've seen a couple of things on Pinterest, like a beer bouquet, man-candy, etc. And my friend suggested the classic 'steak and a...' idea (of course) but I'm wondering if anyone can come up with something slightly nerdy...

my boyfriend and i always do a couples massage, and this year we're also going to make Valentine's gingerbread houses, which i am SO EXCITED about! but those aren't really nerdy... what kind of nerdy stuff is he into?

level 4 elf ranger
STR | 6    DEX | 5    STA | 6    CON | 4    WIS | 4    CHA | 8

Thank you! I actually slept last night too, so that's a bonus!

Just shoveled my front path from the snow that fell last night (and is still falling) so I'm nice and toasty warm right now. I have to go and help my husband shovel for the elderly dude at lunch because someone drove up his driveway before my husband got there early this morning so there are nice snow ruts. Yay.

Today's plans include sorting laundry, doing the 2nd challenge as a single workout and then hopefully getting to the gym tonight, weather permitting.

Edit: Valentines.

I'm looking for some fun, unexpected ideas for my husband for Valentines day. His birthday is the day before Valentines and I'd like to do some nice things for him this year, something he wouldn't be expecting. But I'm having trouble coming up with ideas. I've seen a couple of things on Pinterest, like a beer bouquet, man-candy, etc. And my friend suggested the classic 'steak and a...' idea (of course) but I'm wondering if anyone can come up with something slightly nerdy...

What's he into?

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

Valentines gingerbread houses? You have got to take pictures afterward, those sound adorable!

And he's into many things. Gaming-wise, he's into Zelda, old-school NES games, RPG's, etc. We're currently watching through Cowboy Bebop again. He plays D&D every other weekend. He likes online webcomics. He's really into politics and he's studying IT and hopefully going to get his degree in law within the next few years.

I surprised him with this at Christmas, he's been playing it a lot lately: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ed6b/?srp=1

There's this: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f158/

It's out of stock but maybe they'll have more by valentine's day

Also this looks pretty fun: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/168f/

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

Secret Identity: Kristy

Level 4 Adventurer

STR 5.5 | DEX 5.25 | STA 5.5 | CON 8.75 | WIS 7 | CHA 2.5

Haha, bring on the nerds.

If he's into old-school RPGs, especially the tactics-type (FF Tactics is the most famous example), then there's a kickstarter that just launched. You could make him a backer and scoop up some cool swag. Yes it won't be here by Valentine's Day, but think of all of the buildup and hype! Plus, he'd have an exclusive look at all backer content, which is always the coolest part of kickstarter.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/482445197/unsung-story-tale-of-the-guardians

What consoles does he play on?

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

STR 6.5 | DEX 15 | STA 12 | CON 10.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 8.5

Current Challenge: Lucky In Love

#4 Finding Zen#3: Preparations For Battle | #2: Ninja School | #1: Lapsed Ninja

"You're welcome on my boat. God ain't." - Firefly

Here are two books he'll like, easily:

http://www.amazon.com/Replay-The-History-Video-Games/dp/0956507204

http://www.amazon.com/The-Ultimate-History-Video-Games/dp/0761536434/

Also, if he's into all things Retro like I am, get him a subscription to newly-minted Retro Magazine. There is a digital version, but your hubby sounds like the nostalgic type of old-school gamer, so he'll love getting his hands on the physical copy. I backed this, and am eagerly awaiting my first print issue, which has just been mailed out.

Mmmkay I'll stop spamming now. But seriously. There's SO MUCH. Ping me if you need more ideas!

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

STR 6.5 | DEX 15 | STA 12 | CON 10.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 8.5

Current Challenge: Lucky In Love

#4 Finding Zen#3: Preparations For Battle | #2: Ninja School | #1: Lapsed Ninja

"You're welcome on my boat. God ain't." - Firefly

Stopping in to say hello on your challenge!  Bummer the Whole 30 thing has been so rough for you, I kind of go with Peggysr on this one - it's really useful to learn to listen to your body and eat when you're hungry, and stop when you're full.  It's one of those naturally intuitive things that tends to get crushed out of people when they're young and admonished to "clean your plate!" or "stop being such a pig!"

I hate food shaming.

Also sweet potatoes are awesome.  My favorites are Japanese sweet potatoes, which I definitely recommend if you can find 'em!  I just bake them in the oven and put butter on them.  Is butter paleo?  It's... not, right?  Well they'd probably be good with some olive oil, too.  Maybe your husband will like those better?  Or if he likes spicy stuff you can make sweet potato home fries by dunking them in olive oil with paprika, a bit of salt, and cayenne pepper and baking those up.  Adding garlic is also tasty!

Butts.

Tactics, not so much. We're talking Final Fantasy, Breath of Fire, etc. His current consoles of choice are Playstation, NES/SNES and Wii U. He's a bit of a Nintendo fanboy.

The chocolate D&D dice might be a nice addition to an overall gift. Thanks! And those books I'll look into later, but he might be keen for a read!

Thanks for stopping in, MetalNinja! Food shaming sucks. The guilt I felt from not eating what I wanted was probably worse than the guilt I felt from eating what I wanted. Shame is such a horrible feeling.

And yes! My husband is really into spicy foods, so I'll see what I can do to kick his sweet potatoes up a notch next time, see if that helps him to find them more palatable.

I got to go to the gym last night! I was worried that the snow might have made the roads pretty awful, but it looks like MNDOT was on their game yesterday and we didn't meet any issue with our drive. I shoveled the walkway in front of the gym for my trainer because I arrived early, so that was my warmup. Then there were only 3 of us for the final class of the day, three girls who don't need any instruction or supervision, so I think my trainer liked that. We pushed each other to get our ladder workout reps done in record time and then I jumped straight into Advanced class. It was tabata style, various movements. Still can't get my full chin-up. I have to start working on that again. I was doing it just fine a few months ago until my shoulder started giving me hell...

This morning, coffee.

Stopping by to say hi. 

On the sweet potato front: my hubbs also thought he hated them until I started making baked sweet potato fries - and now he gets the sads if we don't have them at least twice a month. 

The quick & dirty recipe - Oven on at 400; skin & cut sweet potatoes into fry shapes; sprinkle with some oil (olive or coconut or whatever you have), salt, pepper & I usually do chili powder or chipotle powder too; bake 15 minutes on a sheet pan, flip, bake another 15 minutes. If you want crispier fries, make sure the fries aren't all bunched up on the sheet pan. 

I serve them with bunless burger patties and for non Whole30 months - a nice ketchup (like Sir Kensington's). For Whole30 months, I do a little drizzle of some nice balsamic. 

And now the hubbs will eat sweet potato hash (I kick the spice up) and sweet potatoes as the base for something like a spicy meaty marinara with no complaint. 

Level 78 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Thanks for the tips! I have a hard time finding good sweet potatoes here. They're all such funky shapes. The yams are much easier to cook too. :<

Is there much difference between the two?

So, I've got anxiety again today. I'm taking the opportunity to clean some of the parts of my house that feel like they've been forgotten. Like the top of the fridge. Under the sinks. Etc. It's helping me to at least keep my brain somewhat occupied...

This was my gift to DH a couple of years ago for Valentine's Day, and he really liked it:  http://jackofcrafts.wordpress.com/2012/02/14/52-ways/

img_2922.jpg?w=610&h=854

Regarding sweet potatoes, I HATED them for many years, but have learned to like them.  The baked "fries" are SOOOO yummy.  One recipe suggested a dash of cayenne pepper, and I was surprised at how yummy that is.  Somehow the spicy hot works perfectly with the sweet.

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  11.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 12.75 | CON: 7.0 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Intro & Challenge Summary

Challenges:   1  2  3  4  5  6 7

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

I'm doing good, thanks! Today, I'm babysitting for a friend. His nanny is sick, so I volunteered my time. It's been exhausting, honestly. XD

52 whole reasons? Whelp... >_> But seriously, that's an adorable idea!

Looks like I'll be stocking up on some sweet potatoes this weekend!

Going to try to convince the kids to nap. Neither of them are being very receptive to the idea...

Good morning!  I hope your Friday goes well.  Kick some major ass this weekend

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines