First Timers: Baby Steps [Full]

Half Way

The table in my challenge says I've succeeded 2 out of 3 weeks, and come fairly close in the other week. It even suggests my walking goals are too easy, and should be raised for the second half of the challenge. (All this ignores 2 days off for the acute phase of this bug.)

So why am I demoralized and feeling like a failure? My goals are "too easy" and I'm "really a wimp" - so says that overly loud internal voice. I furthermore "don't deserve" to claim level 1.

Grrr! Usually I can keep such voices under control. Not sure why that's not working so well right now.

• Like 1

Level 6 Dark Elf Ranger

STR 5 | DEX 3 | STA 16 | CON 10 | WIS 13 | CHA 6

Current Challenge  Battle Log   Past: 5 4 3 2 1 0.1

that inner voice is threatened by all the changes you are making.  You my dear friend are at a cross roads in your fight for a healthier you. Now is the time to make friends with your inner voice and push through to the end... convincing that voice that this is a good thing...and making it be silent when it wants to object.

Are your goals "too easy"....  maybe.  Most first timer goals are from what I've read.  Start small is our motto... right so you are perfectly aligned to succeed.

Change is scary... but good changes are needed so embrace the change.  You are not alone in this stuggle.

• Like 1

Hey!  No self loathing.  Sounds like you are doing well, and more importantly, you are learning something about yourself.  You are introspective and observant enough to evaluate your goals.  Nice work! 

Half Way

The table in my challenge says I've succeeded 2 out of 3 weeks, and come fairly close in the other week. It even suggests my walking goals are too easy, and should be raised for the second half of the challenge. (All this ignores 2 days off for the acute phase of this bug.)

So why am I demoralized and feeling like a failure? My goals are "too easy" and I'm "really a wimp" - so says that overly loud internal voice. I furthermore "don't deserve" to claim level 1.

Grrr! Usually I can keep such voices under control. Not sure why that's not working so well right now.

Professional Science Nerd

Level 1 Adventurer

STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 6 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 2

First Challenge

Second Challenge

Looks like the self criticism is inversely correlated with sleep - I took a nap during the day yesterday, and the bad feelings went away - until later in the evening, when I was once again tired ;-) Slave of biology, anyone?

Thanks very much for the encouraging words. I needed them. Even if the reaction is somehow tied to being sleepy.

Level 6 Dark Elf Ranger

STR 5 | DEX 3 | STA 16 | CON 10 | WIS 13 | CHA 6

Current Challenge  Battle Log   Past: 5 4 3 2 1 0.1

After a few weeks without internet Rossimelons is back!!!  I'm feeling pretty good about this challenge so far.  I mean to sit down and actually write out some new goals - an unexpected return to full time work changed my plans a week or so in.  I never got around to it so technically I haven't met my orignal goals.  But as for my amended goals that I'm holding in my head: I'm smashing them! 

My pants have been getting progressively looser and I'm feeling good.  I'm glad to hear that everyone else is doing nicely as well. 

Each day is a new day.  Don't dwell on mistakes or stress about what's to come.  Just breathe and be present.

Wannabe Druid/Assassin

Level 1 - STR: 2 | DEX: 0 | STA: 2 | CON:  | WIS: 4 | CHA: 2

Embarking on my first challenge - the first step to a happier, healthier me!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/41830-rossimelons-is-starting-fresh-and-moving-on-up/

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines