Sambalina's Slow and Steady

Sambalina

oh yeah those chocolate bar cravings during sharkweek. It's the only time i like chocolate - generally don't like it.

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Hey guys! I made it to Vanuatu just fine :) Sadly, it's been really humid and rainy here since I arrived... but it is so nice and warm! Seeing my family is great.

I'm going to do a bodyweight workout this morning, and am trying to keep my diet fairly controlled, though there are lots of things I "have to try". Luckily, my whole family is very familiar with 'low-carbing', so my eating is not that strange or hard for them to understand.

The internet here is pretty slow, but seems ok. KJ hasn't texted me back since I arrived, so I'm feeling kind of stressed about that. We had kind of an issue before I left where I found out about some baggage he has from a previous relationship that could be a deal breaker for me. I think it was more of an issue for me than him, and while we were fine when I left, I'm stressing about the relationship now. Which I feel totally guilty about because I should be solely focussed on enjoying my family and my vacation.

Anyway, breakfast time :) Catch you guys later :)

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

hey Sam

try your best to enjoy vacation and great time with your close ones. Especially since u see them so rarely and because your are on a freaking island :D

Let the KJ thing be put aside for those few short days... it will not hurt if you both get more perspective and distance... and once you are back, you will have time to do smth about it ...

see ya "!"!"!

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Hey there :) I'm still alive! I've got one week left in Vanuatu, and I am definitely enjoying my time with my family. Diet has completely gone to the dogs... mum made French toast this morning :D I'm not lifting, but I have been doing some bodyweight stuff with my dad (Yay! He's exercising of his own volition!), and tons of incidental stuff like hiking to a waterfall and swimming. This afternoon my brother is taking me for my first EVER suba dive in the ocean. He taught me the basics in the pool on Wednesday, and today I get to go in the sea. This is a HUGE deal for me because I am 100% terrified of it, so doing this is going to be a big achievement. I'm nervous already!

• Like 1

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Thanks, Dom! I ended up being down there for 55 mins! My air was the same as my brother, who's a divemaster :D The fish and coral were simple amazing!!! And I am so proud of myself for going way outta my comfort zone and doing it.

• Like 1

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

That is so cool, well done Sam :encouragement:

My air is usually done in 25-30 mins, great you got a nice long dive. It does vary based on depth as well and if the water is cold you'd be chilly after 55 mins! Vanuatu would be a great place to go diving, what an intro!

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Ooh, I used to love to scuba dive! I learned how in Alaska, of all places--pretty much the opposite conditions of Vanuatu, I'm sure! But it's a wonderful skill to have. So beautiful under the water! i'd never really enjoyed water sports until I learned to dive. Then canoeing and sailing followed soon after. So glad you're having not just fun, but full blown adventures!

Human Ranger, Level 10
Long-term Goal: Hike WA section of Pacific Crest Trail, August 2014

Current Challenge | Facebook (personal & locavore) | Blog | Twitter

"You stand at the verge, and you could become anything." - Dan Chaon

Hey guys, just a quick one.

Happy Valentine's day! 

I'm heading back to Korea this afternoon. I'm a little sun burnt, but a lot happy that I got to spend an awesome three weeks with my family. I've decided I'll probably return each year - might even try for Christmas 2014. Family is so important to me, and I'm so, so glad I decided to take the time to come see them :)

On a less happy note, KJ and I are on a break and/or broken up as of a couple of days ago. His work situation has hit nuclear zone, and he said it wasn't fair on me to hang around waiting for him to deal with it. He said he'd "get me back" when he was more stable. I don't really know if that's the truth, or some attempt to just break up with me in some less painful/guilt-free way. I'm going to treat it like a break up, get on with my life, and if he comes back, I'll decide what to do then. I'm upset, and hurt, but dealing with it ok. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, fire away.

I have some exciting plans for the near future too. Along with being thrilled to be able to get back to lifting on Monday, I've decided to start my own (very small) cake, cookie, and craft store online. I want to sell yummy stuff to people, as well as have something to do with the crafts I love to do. I will keep you updated, but my next challenge will probably be pretty focusses on getting that up and running.

Ok, I'm off to enjoy my family before I leave <3

• Like 1

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Happy Valentine's day back at ya! :wub:

I know you're not supposed to say this in case people get back together but honestly I think a break from KJ is probably a good thing. He doesn't seem to have given you as much of his time as you'd like recently and seems more committed to his work than you (maybe that's cultural) even before it went 'nuclear'. The religion weirdness would of concerned me too. As regards to 'getting you back', I'd probably dismiss that as ending things gently, anyway it's a bit presumptuous to think you'll be sitting around waiting for him. My personal view is that you're better off with someone that doesn't consistently put you second to their work. Of course there are times when we have to focus on work ahead of other priorities but that shouldn't be an automatic.

Glad you had a great time with your family and still stoked you got to do some scuba :positive:

Cakes! Cakes! Cakes! Will you do international delivery? :)

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Hooray! And Happy Valentine's Day back to you! So glad to hear your vacation left you happy and relaxed, and that you're already planning the next one!

Boo for KJ--I pretty much agree with Dominic's assessment of the situation.

And hooray for the business plans! Send links, pls, when ready!

Human Ranger, Level 10
Long-term Goal: Hike WA section of Pacific Crest Trail, August 2014

Current Challenge | Facebook (personal & locavore) | Blog | Twitter

"You stand at the verge, and you could become anything." - Dan Chaon

Thanks guys, I basically agree with your assessment too. Still a bummer, but I've been through MUCH worse :) I'm back in Korea now, and I'm actually struggling more with missing my family than with anything else.

So, this six week challenge is over. I don't even want to look at my progress or anything because I'm pretty sure there wasn't any. Well, I did get most of my work done, but that's about all. I'm not too worried though, I got back into the gym this morning, which was great. 

Ergh... I hate this part after a breakup, and you know you're going to be fine, but you have to just WAIT to stop feeling crappy. But, on a happy note, I'm going to the home store tomorrow to buy some stuff to set up my mini-business! I need to get baking and take some photos, get a logo, set up my site, and all that. Should be enough to keep me distracted and feeling better/progressing.

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

good luck with your business Sam.  I've got a similar idea, but i first want to build my social media presence and so on for the next 15 years or so, basically ending in a bakery/deli thing.

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

hey Sam, welcome back :):)

sorry for KJ break-up... it's never easy to go through smth like that, but maybe it will turn out into smth better than if you two would stay together... who knows, only time will show... great to hear that you don't let those crappy emotions get over you - keep busy and keep smiling :D

and WOW - online store, even a small one, sounds like a big deal :D it's even more amazing that you want to do it bc you love doing these things and not bc you need money or smth like that ...

so fingers crossed for ya :)

ciao!

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines