Children of the Northlands!

Ah, see, timezones -.- If anyone has ideas im game... Also, it'd be Saturday, not Friday, apologies! i forgot im so far ahead...

LOL Saturday's even worse for me, bugger. But still, if I'm home I'll hop on.

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

I'm thinking we should do it at 12am GMT (00:00 England, or 01:00 for those of you in the rest of Europe), that would make it 8am for Lupus :-P and PST 4pm, MST 5pm, CST 6pm or EST 7pm for those of us in the Americas.

Level 5 Viking Berserker

midnight is slightly better for missrebecca methinks. and the american times are still good.

btw, for those who are reading this now, ravnos and i are on irc. come join us!

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment"

- Marcus Aurelius

Hi everyone!

I just managed to post my thread! The kids were rather distracting this weekend.

Lupus, your German is not bad for a Scott. Not bad at all!

Ther's no way I can stay up that late, sorry!

Anyone interested in starting a Skype IM conversation or something like that? So everyone could come and go whenever it fits into his/her schedule.

I'm really excited for this challenge!

- Abtacha -

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4

"Conquer yourself and the world lies at your feet."

"Take care of your body as if you were going to live forever, and take care of your soul as if you were going to die tomorrow."

- Saint Ausgustine -

EDIT - Aw, Gentihos! Stole my post. Ah well. :tongue:

Group update!

Hey guys! So, quick update for y'all;

• We now have a Facebook group for more up-to-date info, so dunno what we'll use the thrtead for, weekly updates more likely. Use whichever you prefer, if you dont have facebook thats fine, you wont be missing out on much. You can find us here. 
  • We not have our on irc channel! When you get onto chat, you'll see theres usually quite a lot of people on. If you type /j #COTN into the chat, you'll join our channel, here any of us will be. That way you can see whos on. I'd like to ask that whenever you join irc you do this, so we can keep ourselves in one place.
  • For our GMT folk - dont worry about missing this hangout, we'll do a GMT-friendly one in week...3? Maybe?
  • Im going to make a google doc for all our workouts. There you can add your workouts in and keep track of them, and so can we. Its a really good way of seeing who's doing what. The link will be here when ive done it.

So yes, also where I am is the first day of the Challenge!  Woo!

Lupus

• Like 2

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment"

- Marcus Aurelius

Really excited with our group on Fitocrazy: https://www.fitocracy.com/group/16796

Nice so see some real faces in our Facebookgroup: https://www.facebook.com/groups/392998170846771/

And fun to talk to you on the NerdFitness chatserver: /j #COTN

Made my first battleplan tonight and updated it on the challenge page.

What's the name of the group?  I'm having trouble finding it.

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

I have other goals that I'm going to try to do this challenge also but going to spend most of my time with the workout portion. Once I create/recreate my battle log, that's going to be where I do most of my journaling. I'm going to keep my challenge thread for updates and pleas for help with the motivation. My battle log link will end up in my signature also. :-)

*** sorry for some seeing this twice, but that's what happens when you're in 2 guilds ***

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oooo first day of the challenge, sat eating my porridge (made with water & with added wheat bran, plus peaches and honey = yummy!!) waiting for the protein & 5-HT i ordered to arrive (lets hope this term I don't start each week in floods of anxiety induced tears *sigh*)

I'd love to join in the G+ hangout, but unfortunately I can't because on Sunday morning I'm going to view a house - very exciting. However, I am well for skype chats or whatever :)

Hoping the DPD man comes soon so I can get to the gym, until them I'm jogging up and down the stairs.

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

STR:19 ~ DEX:6 ~ CON:21 ~ WIS:20 ~ STA:12 ~ CHA:9

Current Challenge - Previous Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies within 10 feet of the pack."

Find Lupus, ravnos, myself or genithos and follow us. We can send you an invite to the fitocracy group. ( link to me is in my signature )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got it!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Hey everyone!! Happy "First Day of the Challenge"!!! You guys have been posting like crazy over the weekend!! Unfortunately, I'm not able to do the group chat thing....my life is SO stupid busy that its hard for me to coordinate everything - let alone add to it. I can't wait to see how we all do over the upcoming weeks!! Woot!

Powered by Wine, Tattoos, Killer Workouts, Distance Running, Good Books, DemonBells, Hair Dye, Dr Who, My Little Ponies, Benedict Cumberbatch, Cards Against Humanity, Criminal Minds TV marathons, Body Piercings, Comics, Watermelon, Adamantium, and the Knowledge that I Should Be In Dauntless 

Kryptonite: TV Infomercials, 90's Boy Bands, Mac & Cheese, Anything with Tequila, Shiny Objects, Fitness Tracking Gadgets, Sarah McLachlan ASPCA commercials, Sour Patch Kids, Build-A-Bear Stores, Strawberry Twizzlers and Online Shopping

Ongoing Battle Log: My Quest for PRs and Endorphins

Here's an inspirational one for you all today (two songs in one day? What's this thread coming to...)

(I'm really just sharing this one because I just found out it exists - Howard Jones is the former singer of Killswitch Engage and has a killer voice..., plus it's thematically appropriate for our challenge.)

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Happy Day One!

I'll be adding my official updates as addenda to my original post (since I forgot to reserve the first reply slot).  I'll try and spend some time at the hangouts and on IRC.  I tend to be a lurker, so don't be surprised if I'm not overly chatty.

@Genithos:  spent a few days in Oslo in November, definitely want to go back and spend some quality time travelling through all of Scandinavia.  Probably in the summertime, though...November was already a tad too cold for an extended stay.  ;-)

Trevor, the Quantified Heathen

Race: Man-Bear | Class: Heathen

Level: 2 | STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 1.75 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 2

Current Challenge | Previous Challenge

Battle Log:  NF or blog

Today was a shaky start, but I'm moving forward.

More here.

That was a pretty good start Trevor. And those ratios are fine for LCHF style of eating. There's a whole bunch of macro ratios working for paleo. Keep up the good work!

- Abtacha -

"Take care of your body as if you were going to live forever, and take care of your soul as if you were going to die tomorrow."

- Saint Ausgustine -

That was a pretty good start Trevor. And those ratios are fine for LCHF style of eating. There's a whole bunch of macro ratios working for paleo. Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

It's hard to see those ratios and not panic - old thinking dies hard.  That being said, my protein intake was only 102g for the day, whereas my target should be around 220-240g.  Upping my intake with some lean protein sources will help adjust the ratios accordingly.

Trevor, the Quantified Heathen

Race: Man-Bear | Class: Heathen

Level: 2 | STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 1.75 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 2

Current Challenge | Previous Challenge

Battle Log:  NF or blog

I had the same problem in the beginning. Sometimes it's harder to adjust your head than your body.

Lean protein sources that I can think of right now are chicken, tuna packed in water, fish other than fatty fish, egg whites.

- Abtacha -

- Saint Ausgustine -

Hey people! School is insane this week, and I'm having trouble getting caught up on everyone's challenges and starting posts! I will, I promise!

Here's my challenge! I'd really appreciate some comments :) I can't wait to hang out with all of you and get to know you better! I am ALWAYS in chat, come on over and introduce yourself :)

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42514-snow-white-is-sharpening-her-arrows/

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines