Hey All! If you've met me before, you'll remember that I jumped into the last challenge with only 2 weeks left in it. I wanted to get the hang of things and strike while the motivational iron was hot. It was a great way to figure out what worked and what didn't. It also caused me to realize that I automatically equate weight-loss/getting fit with eating right... not necessarily the goals that I chose to accomplish my challenge quest. Old habits die hard, eh? 

ANYWAY! 

Welcome to LyricalSharon's

FIRST FULL CHALLENGE!!!

I gotta say.... boyoboy am I looking forward to levelling up!!!!!! For real (also known as frealz) and levelling up in order to get attribute points. Yeah! 

SO! This is my MAIN QUEST:

Fit into size 4 jeans by Nov 27 2015

(yes, yes, I know it's a long ways away but I'm a 10/11 right now, and I can't remember the last time I was in a size 4.... and if I get to a size 4 before the date, then part of the quest will be to keep myself in a size 4.)  

My Three Goals:

1. Take la mutt for a walk or run 3 times a week (last time I put 5 but that was crazy. This is more realistic.)

2. Do Angry Birds workout 3 times a week.

3. Drink one glass of water for each cup of coffee I drink. 

What's my motivation? 

I want to be able to stop feeling frustrated anytime I try to dress in something other than hoodies! Every time holidays come around, or some special event where I have to dress up, or even if I just want to look nice, I get super frustrated trying to find something that doesn't make me feel like I've got water wings and an inner tube strapped to my body. Hey, just even being able to sit down and not have a muffin top spill out of my jeans would be nice. So basically, my motivation is, to enjoy getting dressed! 

Thanks for joining me on this challenge! 

LyricalSharon

~Hobbit with the heart of an Amazon~

LVL 4 STR 7 DEX 1.5 STA 8.75 CON 5 WIS 3.5 CHA 3

I'm getting this road on the show... 

This is so much cooler than [insert diet program]

Battle Log Current Challenge

Oh the dog walking! I really need to get better about that, but it's snowing and I am lazy and my dobie likes to pull my arm off. I have found a place where I can take her on a 20 minute walk off leash that I want to try to take her to at least once a day. She deserves at least that from me! I totally feel you on the muffin top too. We can team up on getting rid of it!

Satyr- Ranger (hopefully!)
First Challenge, so no Attributes and or anything.
http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/41928-silly-satyr-start/

you got this!!

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Hi ! nice goals, for your motivation about ejoing getting dressed, maybe you could look into this webside: www.puttingmetogether.com

it has a lot of info about getting better at choosing clothes that fit, and how to put outfits together. and building a remixable wardrobe.

i feel it might help you feel better about the way you dress, while being the size you now have.

good luck on your goals

Level 7 Yogini green witch

STR 3 - DEX 3 - STA 10 - CON 12 - WIS 13 - CHA 6

Previous challenges : 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6|| 7 || || 9 || 10 || 11

Current challenge : august 2020

Mantra : I am calm, I am love

Totally proud of myself for takin the Ada dog for a walk today. ^__^ She was so cute since the snow was like almost a foot deep! On the other hand it made for a tough slog for me and then a good 20-30 minutes of shoveling. Do you live where it snows?

Here are my measurements, on the first day of the challenge! 

Under Armpits/above bust: 36

Bust: 40

Under Bust: 35 (I'm putting this down because I have back rolls that I want to get rid of, so if it's overboard, sorry)

Waist: 34

Navel: 41 (that's where the muffin top resides. I need to give it an eviction notice.)

Hips: 42

R Thigh: 23

L Thigh: 24.5

R Calf: 14.75

L Calf: 14.75

R Upper Arm: 12.75

L Upper Arm: 13

Neck: 15.75

I still have no idea how much I actually weigh. I don't have a scale. I'll try to find one. 

LyricalSharon

Hi ! nice goals, for your motivation about ejoing getting dressed, maybe you could look into this webside: www.puttingmetogether.com

it has a lot of info about getting better at choosing clothes that fit, and how to put outfits together. and building a remixable wardrobe.

i feel it might help you feel better about the way you dress, while being the size you now have.

good luck on your goals

Thanks!

Totally proud of myself for takin the Ada dog for a walk today. ^__^ She was so cute since the snow was like almost a foot deep! On the other hand it made for a tough slog for me and then a good 20-30 minutes of shoveling. Do you live where it snows?

Actually, I am in like, the only part of Canada that isn't snowing right now. It's cold... but we've had literally one day of snow all winter. I kind of miss it, though it's great for being able to drive in the winter, and get out exercising and stuff. It's about 3 degrees Celsius (37 F) here. Kind of nice. Almost balmy. 

LyricalSharon

Actually, I am in like, the only part of Canada that isn't snowing right now. It's cold... but we've had literally one day of snow all winter. I kind of miss it, though it's great for being able to drive in the winter, and get out exercising and stuff. It's about 3 degrees Celsius (37 F) here. Kind of nice. Almost balmy. 

Taunting isn't very nice. You don't know when someone will seek revenge. Unless they tell you, of course. Then you know. It is now -12° here in my part of Michigan and even the dog finally gave up. I was two minutes into her walk when she started moving funny. I think her paws were going numb and she was not used to the feeling so she was having problems moving. We ran back to the house. I spent less than 5 minutes shoveling without my gloves (so the pizza guy could walk up the stairs) and my hands were bright red and tingly when I came in. The beer I pulled out of the fridge felt warm.  Now I need to take pictures and measurements. I hate this part, it's always so time consuming.

Taunting isn't very nice. You don't know when someone will seek revenge. Unless they tell you, of course. Then you know. It is now -12° here in my part of Michigan and even the dog finally gave up. I was two minutes into her walk when she started moving funny. I think her paws were going numb and she was not used to the feeling so she was having problems moving. We ran back to the house. I spent less than 5 minutes shoveling without my gloves (so the pizza guy could walk up the stairs) and my hands were bright red and tingly when I came in. The beer I pulled out of the fridge felt warm.  Now I need to take pictures and measurements. I hate this part, it's always so time consuming.

Haha sorry... :( 

I actually kind of miss the snow. It doesn't feel like Christmas when it's just bare all the time. 

Poor doggie!!! 

-12.... yuck.... 

And as far as the measurements and pictures go.... well yeah it does suck, but at least it will give you a solid starting point... then you can see how far you're progressing! (Trying to be positive here, lol)

• Like 1

LyricalSharon

The measurement are the best way to track your progress. As you literally see the inches coming off. I look forward to my monthly measurements. I even have a speadsheet to keep track of my progress.

Woden uses ravens for messages, I use a Samsung S4.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

One week left! Meaning, it's time to get ready for next challenge! (so exciting! :D)

Have you decided on your next quest already? Need a hand with your goals setting? Some help to decide on your future guild? Ambassadors and Guild leaders are here for you, just ask! :)

• Like 1

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Yep, so definitely fell off the "wagon" and was too disappointed with myself to come back.... now I am sort of ok. I'll lurk around for a little while again and make myself feel better. Maybe adjust my next challenge.

• Like 1

LyricalSharon

dude

half challenge to get ya back in the realm of things??

• Like 1

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Good to see you back. How about you just work on the simple routine of doing a workout once a week. And posting it on here. Or even as simple a thing as posting your daily stepcount.

To quote LadyWildRoss; "any forward movement no matter how small is better than perfection paralysis."

You are breaking free of the paralysis spell cast on you. So move slowly. We are here for you.

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Ugh..... I'm still alive!!! I assure you! 

Good to see you back. How about you just work on the simple routine of doing a workout once a week. And posting it on here. Or even as simple a thing as posting your daily stepcount.
To quote LadyWildRoss; "any forward movement no matter how small is better than perfection paralysis."

You are breaking free of the paralysis spell cast on you. So move slowly. We are here for you.

Yes, I think I am going to simplify my options a little bit. Do I go back and edit my battle log goals? Or do I just post there and make a new commitment/amendment? Hmm I think I just answered my own question. 

Also, thank you guys for checking up on me. :)

Also, since I didn't finish my first challenge, does that mean the next one I start is still my "first" challenge? I didn't really go up any levels since I didn't complete the first two weeks. 

• Like 1

LyricalSharon

Ugh..... I'm still alive!!! I assure you! 

you sure you aren't zombie posting??

typing-zombie.jpg?w=257&h=300

• Like 2

Spoiler

Start afresh with a new challenge thread for the new challenge. You can still keep this log going as well if you like. Just remember there are plenty of friends here to support you.

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines