TerosX (6): My World Conquest

Teros

With it being the new year, I've been very reflective and I've never stuck to anything besides nerd fitness.  Within 6 months I dropped 4 pants sizes and I'm a lot stronger now.  I want this to be THE YEAR.  This is the year that I take everything I've learned and finally finish my weight loss quest.

Main Goals: Lose 140 Pounds / Complete a Spartan Race

I don't know how far I am on the weight loss since I haven't weighed myself since May, but clothes have been a good indicator that I'm going in the right direction. I don't want to get discouraged over how much left I have to lose. I'm just eating healthy and exercising and my body will take care of itself.

1) Do a whole 30. (+4 Constitution)

I did a complete one back in september.  I did 3/4 of another one in november.  Cookie day ruined that and I gained some weight back.  I'm completing this one.  I started Jan 1st.

2) Sledgehammer Workout 2-3x a week. (+4 Strength)

On a whole 30, I lose a lot of energy in the beginning.  So when I start this, I'll be working out twice a week. Once I get my mojo back, I'll do 3 times a week.

3) Make more gym things. (+4?)

i want to make 2 sandbags with handles for farmer's walks and such. I also want to make another kettelbell so I can be more balanced when I do certain exercises.

4) Read more. (+3 Wisdom)

I need to think about this one a little bit. I want to read but I'm just not sure how much would be a goal/challenge.

TerosXLvl6_zps5151d3b1.jpg

• Like 4

With it being the new year, I've been very reflective and I've never stuck to anything besides nerd fitness.  Within 6 months I dropped 4 pants sizes and I'm a lot stronger now.  I want this to be THE YEAR.  This is the year that I take everything I've learned and finally finish my weight loss quest.

Main Goals: Lose 140 Pounds / Complete a Spartan Race

I don't know how far I am on the weight loss since I haven't weighed myself since May, but clothes have been a good indicator that I'm going in the right direction. I don't want to get discouraged over how much left I have to lose. I'm just eating healthy and exercising and my body will take care of itself.

That's is right. Focus on action - eat and exercise right, not the result.

I knew it yet I forgot to do so for my last challenge.

In tennis, watching and hitting the ball is what matters. Where the ball goes to is not in your control.

Let's go my friend.

• Like 1

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition…
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.†– Steve Jobs, Stanford University, 2005

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. -- Wayne Gretzky

6Wks Challenges: #9, #8, #7, #6, #5#4#3, #2.5#2, #1

Match records MyFitnesspal Fitbit Runtastic Strava

great goals TerosX! Perhaps with reading work on 1 chapter before bed? Unless of course they're really short chapters. The series I'm working on (A SOng of Ice and Fire) takes me an average of 20-25min per chapter so it's perfect! Otherwise 30min before bed, if you have the will power to stop mid-chapter (I know I can't!).

• Like 1

"I don't want you to save me. I want you to stand by my side as I save myself."-unknown

Welcome back!! Great goals!! We can do this!! This is gonna be our year!!

• Like 1

Scout - Level 15 Half-Elf Ranger

STR15 | DEX5.5 | STA17 | CON39.5 | WIS18 | CHA10.5 

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

My Blog | Facebook | My BeachBody | My NF Character

Spoiler

Lose 84 lbs (From 219 to 135): Current weight = 202.9

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

[progress=purple]85[/progress]

ah yes dieting, the meat and potatoes of weight loss (see what I did there?) this whole 30 thing seems interesting I'll have to read up on it, maybe I can incorporate it into my routine, good luck my friend!

• Like 2

Level 5 Tiefling Ranger/Assassin Hybrid

|STR:15 | DEX:5 | STA:9 | CON:6 | WIS:6 | CHA:4 |

My Current Challenge

Challenges: First | Second |Third | Fourth | Fifth |  Sixth

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Tiefling Ranger/Rogue Hybrid with ShadowDancer prestige, wolf companion, and Spiked Chain proficiency, BOOM my awesomeness just broke your campaign - Me

Heya TerosX, awesome challenge you got going on! I'm glad to see that you're attempting to lose a WHOOPING 140 POUNDS!! My goodness! That'd be an amazing feat! I hope to see you reach it!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

whole30_zps214a1a5a.jpg

Whole 30 food.  Left to right we have spaghetti squash, meat sauce, coconut amino chicken strips (tastes like teriyaki), a pulled apart roasted chicken, sloppy joes.  Thanks for the support everyone :)

• Like 6

Your challenge looks good, and so does the food you posted. Yummmmm, yes I really love food I can't deny that. <3 What is a sledgehammer workout? 

I'm counting on this becoming my year too, a year of positivity, beating eating disorders and depression, and just making it a 'fabulous me year'! 

Your challenge looks good, and so does the food you posted. Yummmmm, yes I really love food I can't deny that. <3 What is a sledgehammer workout? 

I'm counting on this becoming my year too, a year of positivity, beating eating disorders and depression, and just making it a 'fabulous me year'! 

Sledgehammer workout is something that I took some inspiration from a few sites and developed it a bit for myself. I currently use a 20 pound sledgehammer as a free weight to do a bunch of different exercises such as: Gravedigger, Butter Churn, Killswitch, Chop Wood, Sledge Rows, Barbarian Stabs, Tic-Tocs, etc. 

By having the weight on the end of the stick and lopsided instead of a dumbell/barbell, it makes you work on grip strength and I noticed my forearms get stronger too.  It's also considerably harder since the center of gravity is off. It's the same principle as a kettelbell. 

I noticed changing my mentality from weight loss and a number on the scale to instead "I want to be healthy" made a dramatic difference. There's much much less stress and once I got into the groove, I wasn't as depressed either.

• Like 1

Great goals. You don't have to challenge yourself on every single goal,so the reading goal can just be habit forming or light reading.

To be honest, you remind me a little of Joe- NF super dude.

(Can you come cook for me? Cause that would be awesome)

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarf Adventurer

|STR 2| DEX 2| STA 1| CON 2| WIS 4| CHR 2|

Highest Weight: 303 Current Weight: 268.5

Twitter: Kim_Taura Skype: taureanfreak Email: taureanfreak@gmail.com

I love your DII barbarian! He looks fine, so probably you look like him, too. Good luck!

Thanks. It took a bunch of printscreens and a little bit of ms paint.  if I actually make a forge like I want to next summer, I may try and make IK armor. That's a HUGE project though without any experience.  I still play from time to time if anyone wants to play.  Softcore NonLadder and Softcore Ladder. (Was the top necro this season).

Great goals. You don't have to challenge yourself on every single goal,so the reading goal can just be habit forming or light reading.

To be honest, you remind me a little of Joe- NF super dude.

(Can you come cook for me? Cause that would be awesome)

Was Joe the guy with the glasses? I read all of the success stories.  I hope to be one of the people on the main page with the before and after pictures.  The next 4 months will be the big test. 

If you're ever near Rhode Island, I'll cook.  It's easy-peasy. And if it's near xmas time, I'll make cookies and fudge (obviously not paleo).

Sledgehammer workout is something that I took some inspiration from a few sites and developed it a bit for myself. I currently use a 20 pound sledgehammer as a free weight to do a bunch of different exercises such as: Gravedigger, Butter Churn, Killswitch, Chop Wood, Sledge Rows, Barbarian Stabs, Tic-Tocs, etc. 

By having the weight on the end of the stick and lopsided instead of a dumbell/barbell, it makes you work on grip strength and I noticed my forearms get stronger too.  It's also considerably harder since the center of gravity is off. It's the same principle as a kettelbell. 

I noticed changing my mentality from weight loss and a number on the scale to instead "I want to be healthy" made a dramatic difference. There's much much less stress and once I got into the groove, I wasn't as depressed either.

Ah I see! That sounds like great fun!

I admire your determination, Teroxs. Long term goals are great to have as a reminder that this challenge and the next are not the end all and be all of your work. You can go as far and wide as you choose. Sub'd Best of Luck!

Cheers,

Teri

:smiley_simmons:

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Whole30 with you.... until the Texas meetup, so I guess it's a whole 25.

I loved using kettle bells.... and our daughter is building her own power cage, I wonder if she'll add stuff like you.

HeRe we go!

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Sounds like another great challenge set up! Good Luck with your Whole30. :)

For your reading goal, do you just want to read more (read more pages/books) or do you want to take time.find time to enjoy what you are reading? If that makes sense. 

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

If you haven't already read them, the first book in the game of thrones a song of ice and fire is like 800 pages long, and they go up from there, try to get through 2 in 6 weeks lol

Level 5 Tiefling Ranger/Assassin Hybrid

|STR:15 | DEX:5 | STA:9 | CON:6 | WIS:6 | CHA:4 |

My Current Challenge

Challenges: First | Second |Third | Fourth | Fifth |  Sixth

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Tiefling Ranger/Rogue Hybrid with ShadowDancer prestige, wolf companion, and Spiked Chain proficiency, BOOM my awesomeness just broke your campaign - Me

If you haven't already read them, the first book in the game of thrones a song of ice and fire is like 800 pages long, and they go up from there, try to get through 2 in 6 weeks lol

I read Storm of Swords in a day... it was a weird day. I went to read a few chapters before bed and then realized it was light outside and I only had 100 pages left to read...

• Like 2

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines