TerosX (6): My World Conquest

Teros

yea making friends is rough, I know the pain, I need to make some more so that I can do table topping again...but how does a 30 year old go about meeting new people?

exactly.

I also don't know how 'work-friends' can become 'hang out' friends.  There's no way to actually tell. It doesn't really seem right to say 'Hey, I've known you for like 5 years and you're cool I guess. Wanna come over and play mario kart?'

Thought of you while shoveling earlier. I cleared my entire sidewalk, steps and driveway entrance, then looked at the sheet of ice that my neighbors left coating the sidewalk in front of their house and contemplated taking a sledgehammer to it (and their door, but that's a different topic).

Have you tried sledgehammering ice ever?  It's fun as hell. Just make sure you cover yourself up (eyes too). You don't wants any bits of ice to cut you open. 

I'm so frigging exhausted. I'm just so nervous and depressed because of school.   I'm STILL waiting for the school that rejected me to respond to my message. We were told we could fight the rejection letter so I left a message saying that I want to do that and I've heard nothing for 2 days now.   I'm calling back today. And if they don't respond, I'll call back tomorrow. I'll call every day and then next week, I'll call every hour until they fucking talk to me.  They're not getting rid of me. I'm getting into this goddamn school.

Sorry to hear that you have trouble making friends. You have been a great friend (albeit online) to me throughout this challenge. Your motivational words and videos, replies on my thread... It has meant a lot! Thank you!

Your comments have always been meaningful and inspiring. I wouldn't have thought of you as socially awkward at all. Maybe if you don't think of yourself as socially awkward and be self doubting, you would find it easier?

I don't know. It's tough being an introvert in an extrovert dominant world.

• Like 1

*Level 3 Hobbit Adventurer*

Moomin 3 - Heart of an Adventurer

2 - Maintenance therapy 1- Keep charging ahead

"Life is akin to sailing against the current - forge ahead or be washed downstream" -- Ancient Chinese proverb

Making friends. ... after fifty four years I could write a book.

But, you have friends here. .. and at Some point, you will find people that share your likes. .. find those, n but humans can only really handle a few REAL friends. ... they take work, not as much as a marriage, but similar.

Thank you for your Comments on my thread. ..I have appreciated you. And I have found strength in our similar challenges during the challenge!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

exactly.

I also don't know how 'work-friends' can become 'hang out' friends.  There's no way to actually tell. It doesn't really seem right to say 'Hey, I've known you for like 5 years and you're cool I guess. Wanna come over and play mario kart?'

It's difficult if you don't actually talk to any of the people at work.  Most of my friends from work came from sitting around talking when we were slow, just general talk.  Through that common interests would come up and we would be like we should go do "whatever" together.  Many times, nothing came of it, but sometimes it does.  Or just hey wanna go grab lunch together or wanna go for a walk on lunch...something like that can break into the wanna come over and play mario kart.  Doing something on lunch can take the stress out of it, because that way you are limited to a time frame and don't feel bad if it sucks or you find you don't really have much to say or in common with the person.

Maybe once you're in school it will be easier, you may HAVE to talk to some of the other students.

My self-worth, beauty, strength, and overall awesomeness is not defined by numbers.

12STR  13.75CON  5STA  12WIS   14CHA  6DEX        1 fire flower

Current Challenge   #8  #7   #6  #5  Unofficial  #4  #3  #2

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it first."  -The Pirate Captian

An old friend came into work today and was talking with me for a few minutes.  To give a point of reference, this was the first time I saw him since I had hair (I shaved my head not last halloween, but the halloween before.)  I haven't cut my hair since, so I kind of have a cross between a fat Jon Snow, Judd Nelson in breakfast club, a Viking, and Bob Ross all rolled into one type-look, depending on my facial hair and what I do with my head hair.

Anywho, he was talking about a new job that he has and he said something that just bothered me.  He said, "Oh man, my life's gotten so bad that I've been talking to Riggi." (a mutual old friend.)

This was unsettling. I know it was kind of just a joke but it really got me thinking.

I'm too passive in my life.  I just settle, like my friend did with Riggi. I let people walk over me and I'm sick of it.  I was rejected from the school I applied for, they said there is a way to appeal it, and then when I call I get an answering machine and no call back for 3 days? I want to hang out with friends but plans always fall through. I'm in a relationship where everything is very wishy-washy. It's hard to explain without getting into a rant or lots of details.  I eat crap food because I don't put my foot down when things are difficult.  I give excuses about when I can shower as to why I should wait to work out.  I'm just sick of PASSIVE me.

This upcoming challenge is going to be about getting rid of being passive. No more excuses; I'm working out 4+ times a week.  No more excuses for eating crap (post whole 30).  I'm doing a whole-lifestyle. I'm sick of not having friends- I'm going to start texting everyone every week and being more open for if there ever ARE opportunities; as well as trying to actively try and talk more at work.  I've also been a wuss about learning guitar. I've had one for 4+ years and I never took it out of the box. Why? Afraid of failure.  Well, I'm DONE being afraid of failure. I'm going to punch Failure in the BALLS until it cries.

And if this fucking school thinks they can ignore me, they are dead wrong.  I called again today- voicemail.  I left another message.  You know what? I'll call tomorrow. And Friday. And if on Monday they STILL have not called me back, I'll be calling the Dean's office every 2 hours so their voicemail gets flooded and they can't get any work done. They're NOT fucking ignoring me.  I need this more than anything.

I deserve better treatment than I get from work, friends, at home, this school, and from myself.  My next challenge is to be AGGRESSIVE.

• Like 4

You are my friend. Get out and make some more. As for the school, 'the squeaky door gets the oil.'

Instead of stat points give items. Shiny items are cool. They can give fun bonuses that are not related to stat points.

Woden uses ravens for messages, I use a Samsung S4.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Hey terosx, good to see you doing well.  I'm finally over this illness it seems.  Slight cough, but nothing major.

Friends are a tough one.  I think that i am friends with a lot of people, but rarely hang out type friends I guess.  A couple of guys I bowl with are cool.  One guy is my mechanic too, so we have hung out at times.

In the past when I was working, I usually made a few work friends.  Then you start having lunch, and just hang out more.  Some I played games with online and such.  I never had too many work friends that became hang out friends.

I'm going to punch Failure in the BALLS until it cries.

best quote ever!!! I wish I could put it up at my desk. 

Runs off to follow your new challenge thread.

My self-worth, beauty, strength, and overall awesomeness is not defined by numbers.

12STR  13.75CON  5STA  12WIS   14CHA  6DEX        1 fire flower

Current Challenge   #8  #7   #6  #5  Unofficial  #4  #3  #2

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it first."  -The Pirate Captian

yea making friends is rough, I know the pain, I need to make some more so that I can do table topping again...but how does a 30 year old go about meeting new people?

I can make friends once in a while. Problem for me is, keeping them.

Once I lose contact, I cannot remember to keep contact. I don't like Facebooking as I feel it's very fake.

(I particulary hate doing "Happy B-day" on Facebook. If you care, send a real card. So, I don't.)

It's easier to make friends with people who has the same interests.

In some sense, that's why I picked my handle "TennisGeek" to show what my interest is.

My tennis buddies - I am trying make them to real friends.

BTW, once you become a middle age family man, not many people "Hang around". You "socialize".

It happens on stuff like poker night and softball games.

I go out to that kind of socialization as much as possible.

You need to get out of your comfort zone, and learn small talks.

At parties and stuff, hang round people who can do small talks better than you and learn how/what they talk.

Usually, you need to have some interesting topics.

So, spend some time to learn "interesting topics". I can talk about tennis for hours, but not many people interested :P

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition…
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.†– Steve Jobs, Stanford University, 2005

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. -- Wayne Gretzky

6Wks Challenges: #9, #8, #7, #6, #5#4#3, #2.5#2, #1

Match records MyFitnesspal Fitbit Runtastic Strava

Nah, I just use it a a slow clap. I like it.  I also use the joker clap.  I legit feel that way about facebook as well. There's only so many times I can see stupid quizzes and links to buzzfeed articles.  It would be nice if there was meaningful and interesting discussion but there isn't. That why I ditched FB like 2 years ago and just use this place instead.

• Like 1

Congratulations Terosx, excellent challenge and I absolutely love your +1 charisma for being in our world and giving of yourself.

That is great love and we are happy and thankful that you are here with us!

Sent via my phone b/c my laptop is out of reach. Cheers!

• Like 2

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines