TerosX (6): My World Conquest

Teros

She's doing fine right now.  Yesterday she was dead tired but today she's fine.  Meanwhile I want to fall asleep so it seems her body is getting used to these things a little faster- even though we started at the same time.

Glad to hear that she's doing ok! :encouragement:

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Do you know anyone with snakes? supposedly saved up snake poop is a good deterrent

hmmmm this cure sounds as unpleasant as the problem.....lol

Level 5 Tiefling Ranger/Assassin Hybrid

|STR:15 | DEX:5 | STA:9 | CON:6 | WIS:6 | CHA:4 |

My Current Challenge

Challenges: First | Second |Third | Fourth | Fifth |  Sixth

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Tiefling Ranger/Rogue Hybrid with ShadowDancer prestige, wolf companion, and Spiked Chain proficiency, BOOM my awesomeness just broke your campaign - Me

Yay Terosx! So glad to see you back for another challenge. I'm excited to see where you will end up this time around. I have no doubt you will kill the whole30 without any problems. I also gained some weight when I stopped whole 30'ing, but weirdly, once I started back on, I dropped the weight again. Woo hoo for learning healthy habits :) 

I'm stoked to hear about your upcoming Spartan Race! 

Oh I know, those are horrific.  I remember I did some volunteer work for a food bank and they had a glue one.

I've always worn black or dark brown sneakers, but I finally got some white ones back then. I wore them to the food bank and accidentally stepped in a glue trap- shoes permanently ruined.  If a 300+ pound guy can't pull a trap off a shoe, I'd imagine a mouse would literally have to chew it's arms and legs off.   That's cruel and unusual punishment.

Glue traps are out of the question here because we have littles and had one who got one stuck to her. :nightmare: Thought we'd never get the blasted thing off.  :rolleyes:

You will have to tell me if this works. We have tried everything short of poison and glue traps and can't catch the one here.

At least I pray it's one. Watched him scale my brickwork wall and go through a hole into the roof. Tried plugging the wall but he finds another hole or chews through.   <_<

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

My mom just hit the tired phase of the whole 30.  She keeps doubting everything I've said and then it bites her on the ass.

When we're food shopping - "Oh, I won't eat that much meat" (4 days later- "I NEED DOUBLE THIS RIGHT NOW! Why am I so hungry?!")

"I'm usually tired a bit. I shouldn't get that tired" (5 days later- "I jus...I just can't think. I'm so tired. I don't know what's up with me...")

"I don't think my sugar will go that low as long as I have fruit" (5 days later- does a finger stick and has 3 glasses of oj and a handful of dates. "why is my sugar so LOW?")

DERP-derp-23141158-815-622.jpg

Just listen mom, jeez.

I'm proud of her though.  She told me, "You had faith in me even though I didn't, so I think I can do this now".

so tired....

Hung in there buddy. It'll get better soon.

I guess I was not a sugar addict. I had no problem cutting out grains, legumes, etc. and going to low carb.

I was so happy to get rid of afternoon crushes.

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition…
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.†– Steve Jobs, Stanford University, 2005

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. -- Wayne Gretzky

6Wks Challenges: #9, #8, #7, #6, #5#4#3, #2.5#2, #1

Match records MyFitnesspal Fitbit Runtastic Strava

You having your Mom and your GF on board with the Whole30 is fantastic! You can help each other through the tough times and 3 lives will be healthier rather than just one! Great Job, Terosx

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Way to go for getting your mom and gf to follow the same diet as you! One of my main concerns for trying whole30 is the havoc it will wreak on my social life - my family and friends socialize by eating (and over eating)... but the way you do it, you'd build even closer relationships by supporting each other through the detox and tired phases!

you make me want to try out the whole30 sometime. :)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

*Level 3 Hobbit Adventurer*

Moomin 3 - Heart of an Adventurer

2 - Maintenance therapy 1- Keep charging ahead

"Life is akin to sailing against the current - forge ahead or be washed downstream" -- Ancient Chinese proverb

How does caffeine fit in with whole30 and paleo in general? because I love caffeine, probably too much, but I don't care, it's a wonderful miraculous substance that helps me control my ADD and sharpen my reflexes, I don't think I will ever be able to give it up until someone tells me it is going to kill me, like heart problems or something, I say this because if you are allowed to consume caffeine (such as in coffee or maybe some tea, I can see both sides of both those beverages being allowed) it may help you cope with the exhaustion of your cleansing. or conversion phase (whichever goal it is supposed to accomplish, I don't know if it is supposed to cleanse you or convert the way your body functions)

• Like 1

My Current Challenge

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Tiefling Ranger/Rogue Hybrid with ShadowDancer prestige, wolf companion, and Spiked Chain proficiency, BOOM my awesomeness just broke your campaign - Me

How does caffeine fit in with whole30 and paleo in general? because I love caffeine, probably too much, but I don't care, it's a wonderful miraculous substance that helps me control my ADD and sharpen my reflexes, I don't think I will ever be able to give it up until someone tells me it is going to kill me, like heart problems or something, I say this because if you are allowed to consume caffeine (such as in coffee or maybe some tea, I can see both sides of both those beverages being allowed) it may help you cope with the exhaustion of your cleansing. or conversion phase (whichever goal it is supposed to accomplish, I don't know if it is supposed to cleanse you or convert the way your body functions)

From what I remember from the whole30 book, it's ok but it all depends on how you get your caffeine and that it should be limited. 

There are lots of great articles on the Whole9 life website in regards to caffeine but this one is The Coffee Manifesto

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Way to go for getting your mom and gf to follow the same diet as you! One of my main concerns for trying whole30 is the havoc it will wreak on my social life - my family and friends socialize by eating (and over eating)... but the way you do it, you'd build even closer relationships by supporting each other through the detox and tired phases!

you make me want to try out the whole30 sometime. :)

Yeah, it's really difficult when there's bowls of snickers, twix, krackle, etc.  Or when there's a whole cake in both fridges.  Right now, only half of the duplex has crap food. Maybe after her divorce, my sister will jump on the bandwagon and we can have an entire whole30 family. That would be pretty awesome.

I *think* people can have black coffee on whole30 but I'm not sure. I'm 100% caffeine free as well.  Btw, wouldn't that be part of your issue with not being able to fall asleep? You said you just aren't tired until 2am.

I was diagnosed with ADHD but I never used caffeine to help it.  I've found eating this way HAS helped though. It just takes a while for your body to get used to everything.

BTW, it's supposed to do both- cleanse and convert.  It reboots your metabolism.

Good news: I have SOME energy today.  WOOT WOOT.  I may try a workout.  If not today, then tomorrow morning.

• Like 4

I *think* people can have black coffee on whole30 but I'm not sure. I'm 100% caffeine free as well.  Btw, wouldn't that be part of your issue with not being able to fall asleep? You said you just aren't tired until 2am.

I was diagnosed with ADHD but I never used caffeine to help it.  I've found eating this way HAS helped though. It just takes a while for your body to get used to everything.

BTW, it's supposed to do both- cleanse and convert.  It reboots your metabolism.

Good news: I have SOME energy today.  WOOT WOOT.  I may try a workout.  If not today, then tomorrow morning.

I'm not even tired then, I just realize that I will do something other than stare at the ceiling and annoy my wife if I lay down around 2am lol, I mean it is possible but I always stop hard on the caffeine around 3 pm so I figure it would be out of my system by then, then again, I tracked my consumption one week and I averaged over 300 mg of caffeine a day and regularly spiked over 500 (interesting side note, I said that to my doctor and all he could say was "That's a lot") so sheer volume might be what's doing it to me, maybe I'll try cutting back and see what happens, I used to take the ritalin but I stopped that around college, that's when I realized how incredibly different being ADD/ADHD is when you have help and when you don't....don't listen to those naysayers, adult ADD is very real, and it sucks, BUT it won't keep you from being successful unless you let it, and in certain fields (like tech [mine]) it can actually help if you know how to harness it

My Current Challenge

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Yeah, it's really difficult when there's bowls of snickers, twix, krackle, etc.  Or when there's a whole cake in both fridges.  Right now, only half of the duplex has crap food. Maybe after her divorce, my sister will jump on the bandwagon and we can have an entire whole30 family. That would be pretty awesome.

I love your approach to treating with food and healthy habits. Hence why I think you're freaking awesome! 

I had to share this:

and this is my response:

Ok, I'm going through this list and seriously?  Slimfast?  I tried sllimfast for over a year and F**@ING GAINED WEIGHT.  You shitting me?!  I did weightwatchers. I lost some weight but I didn't FEEL better. I just lost a few pounds.  And once I was off of it I got even fatter.  I didn't learn anything except that if I hoard my points, I can eat 2-3 deserts every night. I would ditch parts of meals so I could eat more of thier stupid little chocolate frozen trays.  Oh boy, more diabetic brownies. HOW FUN!  

Biggest Loser diet?  'it's good for short-term weight loss'?  Hey @$$holes, you should care about LONG TERM.  

Nutrisystem SUCKS.  I did that and everything tasted like protein shakes.  I don't even have a problem with protein-taste in a chocolate shake or a bar or something, but RAVIOLI?  Everything was so gross.  The eating schedule was every 3 goddamn hours.  I was just so full of rage the entire time I did nutrisystem.  They literally just add protein powder to generic crappy food.  That way, you feel bloated and hate yourself.  There's no way you can overeat on nutrisystem because you want to throw up after every meal.  I hate dan marino because he's on those stupid commercials. I wanna smack him in the face.  I dreaded eating a muffin because it tasted like protein.  I hated those stupid PANCAKES. WHICH AREN'T EVEN PANCAKES- THEY WERE DRY WADS OF PROTEIN BREAD.  DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THOSE PACKETS OF CHICKEN SALAD AND TUNA SALAD THAT WERE ICE-COLD EVEN IN THE SUMMER.  I mean, wtf is in that food where it feels like an ice-pack when it is left out on the counter and it's 90 degrees. And the MELBA TOAST with it?  That shit was awful. Oh God I'M SO ANGRY!

ok, I calmed down after reading this to my g/f. DASH, which is the number 1 diet apparently, adheres to all of the government guidelines.  Oh wow, so the 'best' and 'highest recommended' diet is the stupid food pyramid that hasn't worked over the past 20+ years?  WOW.  awesome.  2 thumbs up... 2 thumbs up your @$$.  It's literally the broken food pyramid + 'hey, don't use much salt'. 

• Like 4

I think the panelist were most likely doing the diets wrong and I'd like to know if they actually DID the diets or just based their rankings off what other people experienced.

I've only done the Whole30 which is pretty strict but how can you go paleo and say this, "Most panelists, in fact, felt that evidence of any health benefit was lacking."(under Best Heart-Healthy diets) or "the experts couldn't accept that entire food groups, like dairy and grains, are excluded, making it hard for dieters to get all the nutrients they need. It’s one of the few diets that experts actually considered somewhat unsafe and only somewhat complete nutritionally." (under Best Diets for Healthy eating) unless you were not following the diet correctly or didn't do any research. 

Spoiler

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

I think the panelist were most likely doing the diets wrong and I'd like to know if they actually DID the diets or just based their rankings off what other people experienced.

I've only done the Whole30 which is pretty strict but how can you go paleo and say this, "Most panelists, in fact, felt that evidence of any health benefit was lacking."(under Best Heart-Healthy diets) or "the experts couldn't accept that entire food groups, like dairy and grains, are excluded, making it hard for dieters to get all the nutrients they need. It’s one of the few diets that experts actually considered somewhat unsafe and only somewhat complete nutritionally." (under Best Diets for Healthy eating) unless you were not following the diet correctly or didn't do any research. 

We just had a RDND give a talk at my work about healthy eating habits, etc and she caled paleo and the whole 30 fad diets that were not sustainable long term. She also advocated the government based Healthy Plate with grains and dairy. I think that can work for some people. Diets are not one size fits all, but when they are advertised as that, it annoys me. 

We just had a RDND give a talk at my work about healthy eating habits, etc and she caled paleo and the whole 30 fad diets that were not sustainable long term. She also advocated the government based Healthy Plate with grains and dairy. I think that can work for some people. Diets are not one size fits all, but when they are advertised as that, it annoys me. 

I wonder what her idea of long term is. I know a few people who have been doing Paleo for over a year. For a "diet" that's a pretty long time since most people I know can't do a diet for more than a month. 

I agree with you 100% about diets not being one size fits all and getting annoyed when they are advertised that way. :(

• Like 1

Spoiler

HFC for Life!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines