GUILD INFORMATION AND ANNOUNCEMENTS (Subscribe!)

Nuala

GUILD INFORMATION AND ANNOUNCEMENTS

Please subscribe to this thread by clicking the "Follow This Topic" button in the upper right hand corner of the page.

In addition to the informational threads, we will be posting Assassin-specific announcements here (e.g. mini-challenge missions, important threads, etc.) and by following this thread you will be notified when we post. Please note: These announcements cannot be found anywhere else on the forum.  The only way to stay updated on Assassin-specific happenings is to follow this thread.

THE GUILD

The Assassins' Guild has gone through a bit of a metamorphosis over the last several challenges.  While we do count several traceurs among our ranks, the majority of Assassins are not focused on parkour but other disciplines.  We do encourage, however, a mindset that we think we share with free runners - Assassins love movement and fluidity, they thrive off of competition and cooperation equally, they prize efficiency, but most of all they are determined to master their own bodyweight.

We train anywhere, with anything, and in a myriad of ways.  The world is our playground.

COMMON TRAINING STYLES / THEMES

• Calisthenics / Bodyweight (Al Kavadlo, Mike Fitch, BarStarzz)
  • Gymnastics (Gold Medal Bodies, Overcoming Gravity, Building the Gymnastic Body)
  • Hand-balancing
  • Movement / Flexibility / Mobility (Ido Portal, Animal Flow, Prasara, Mobility WOD)
  • Rock Climbing / Bouldering
  • "Odd" Object Lifting / Swinging (Kettlebells / Clubbells / Shovelglove / Sandbags / Challenge Ropes)
  • Wearing Black
  • Circus Arts (Pole, Trapeze, Contortion, Silks, Rope)
  • Parkour
  • Dance

COMMON CHALLENGE GOALS:

• Body Recomposition (lose weight, gain weight)
  • Increase Reps (pull-ups, push-ups, pistol squats)
  • Increase Hold Times (handstand, frog/crow stand, levers)
  • Wear More Black
  • Workout / Train / Climb X Times per Week
  • Increase Flexibility / Mobility

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

• How do I join the Assassins' Guild?
    When you signup for a six-week challenge, declare yourself an Assassin and then post your thread in our guild.  That's it!

• Do I have to be lean/in shape to be an Assassin?
    No.  While extra bodyweight does make our type of training more difficult, Assassins come in all shapes and sizes and anyone is welcome to don the black.

• How advanced in my training do I have to be to join?
    Assassin skill levels range from rank beginners to advanced trainees.

• Can I still earn attribute points with the new challenge setup?
    Most definitely!  Points remain the same.
  • Choosing SMART goals?
    Need a hand to determine if your goals are SMART?  The adventurer guild leader Kim taura has you covered!

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Previous challenge Most wanted assassin has been published. This list emphasis on the whole challenge participation. Regulars updates, participation in the guild life and every day awesomeness.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42101-most-wanted-assassins-list/

Important news!

You may have noticed that I have troubles to do all the official guild work all by myself. Many of you have helped me as journalists, spies, writers and other jobs but even with all you help, it was still too much for me too handle. So, for the peace of my mind, I harassed a few people for a great cause! And with but a few menace and some whipping, I am really glad to announce that two of you will join me in the hard work of guild leaders!

VengefulPear!

photo-7270.jpg

Hello fellow assassins! I am very pleased to be able to say that I have been accepted to the lofty heights of Guild Leader!

Some of you might already know me from the past few mini-challenges because I wrote the adventure as we went along with it! For those of you that haven’t already seen me about, fear not! I shall introduce myself properly now!

I’m a nerd from the UK, working in London. And I’ve always enjoyed video games, fantasy, sci-fi and all the trimmings! My current favourite fantasy series is Malazan: Book of the Fallen, but I know it's not for everyone (9 months solid reading!) and my current favourite game... Well Dark Souls is an all time favourite but right now I'm playing a lot of the MOBA Smite.

A few years back I started getting into fitness and I thought I’d turn my love of levelling up and turn it on getting fit and healthy. It’s taken a while, stops and starts and half-hearted efforts, but now I feel like I’ve got a good base knowledge of health and fitness and I’m steadily working my way towards my perfect level of fitness.

So you can imagine how chuffed I was when I found NerdFitness! I love the idea of the challenges, the guilds and just how lovely and helpful the whole community here is. I want to show that by helping the Assassin’s Guild any way I can, and so here I stand (or sit as I type...) as a shiny new Guild Leader!

I love bodyweight exercises because they’re so versatile and you can’t watch Ninja Warrior and not want to be just like that (or at least I think so)! I’ve done some weights in the past, and have worked into my challenges lifting weight to add up to a T-Rex (Not as hard as you’d think!). Things like static holds always just blow me away and I really love the idea of joining geekery and fitness. What other Guild will prepare you to do a handstand on the Jotunheimen mountains so you can say you ‘held the land of the ice giants in your hands’? (Actual life goal right there)

Despite my username I’m a friendly pear! So do come over to my challenge and say hello, or drop me a PM, and I’ll be happy to geek it up with you, answer any questions or think on any suggestions, anything you want really!

And similarly, I use the name vengefulpear on a few places, so if you want to find me on myfitnesspal, you can find me as vengefulpear, and if you find yourself facing an enemy named vengefulpear in Smite then go easy on me! :D

It’s a real joy to be accepted as Guild Leader and I just hope I can do everyone on Nerd Fitness and in the Assassin’s Guild justice!

Apfelstrudi!

photo-20766.jpg

22-years-old, Germany

I've never been athletic or sporty - even though I was never overweight, I was the kid who sat in sports classes and was chosen last. But it's been quite a few years since I went to high school and with the help of Nerdfitness I've started turning things around. 

I've found my true home with the assassins. Watching my body do things, without anything assisting, and seeing progress makes me unbelievably happy. And it's the fact that I can do some form of workout everywhere I go that I need nothing but my own body for that helps me most on my way to my ultimate goal.

What is my ultimate goal, though? Overall, it's being healthy and athletic. I want to be able to participate in simply everything - from hikes to rock climbing to to runs. I want an active life for myself and want to inspire those around me. I have many, many goals that I want to reach along the way. These are certain exercises, like push-ups and pull-ups, accomplishments like bouldering certain routes and one of my biggest goals is being able to do calisthenics, properly, and to run a Tough Mudder.

My nerdiness comes mostly from roleplay and video games. I'm an administrator in a RP community and even though I'm not actively roleplaying at the moment, it's always been a part of my life. If I could travel to any universe/form or reality, I'd most likely choose to live in the world of Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings.

I hope you will give them a warm welcome! And I promise, I'll try not to overwork them too quickly :D Our GL team being very newly done (like, today...), there will be a bit of delay for the creative mini-challenge publication. Everything else will be as initially scheduled! But for now, rejoice!

• Like 5

The Assassin phonebook!

- find the right person for all your murderous needs in just one minute -

Because your robotic guild leader and your fruit salad overlords spare no expenses to help you overcome the challenges on your way to becoming a perfect assassin, we've assembled the Assassin phonebook - your gadget for finding other assassins working on the same skills you're trying to achieve.

Train like a Corgi!

Thorgi-597x800%255B1%255D.jpg?itok=xQbl9

Pushups

Phylanx

Jason Bourne

obax

Mad Hatter

Harika

Cobaltsword

Vengefulpear

Cobaltflash

Aerandir9

Red1263

Batwoman

Special feature: Push-Up PVP

Pullups

Red1263

Aeryn

Vella

Jason Bourne

flyer19

Devyn

Mad Hatter

Cobaltsword

Vengefulpear

FreddyMcFred

Aerandir9

FrankieCakes

Ignis fatuus

Pretzle

Max Curtis

Burpees

Figlet

WonderNatarella

Harika

Kettlebells

KB Girl

Sueperstar

Elastigirl

Strife

livingfortheblue

zego

Parkour

Vella

Paradigm

zego

Circus cats!

1310289-bigthumbnail.jpg

Handstands

Norgaard

BruceHeat

Klaymate

Red1263

Kan

Phoenix burning

Stargazer

Harika

Lindsay_m

FreddyMcFred

ThatgirlJJ

Bambamty

Elastigirl

idealistinfire

Devyn

Urzie

Cobaltflash

Etchi

Ignis fatuus

Dani Riekwel

Milythael

Mad Hatter

Waldgeist

Aerial/Acrobatics

Sylph

ThatgirlJJ

Mad Hatter

Dinobytes

Milythael

FrankieCakes

Cavilie

Splits

Reachingforthestars

Paradigm

Ignis fatuus

Mad Hatter

Paralletes

ThatgirlJJ

Urzie

Climb like a sloth!

tumblr_mjrho2smC81qi28muo1_500.jpg

Climbing

Blaze

Aeryn

Bambamty

Lilith

Nuala

Artemiscuous

Quietmuse

Please note: If your name isn't on here even though you are working on one of the listed skills in your challenge, please send one of us a message so we can add you! If you're not working on a specific skill, your name might not be on here for this challenge.

Do you think there's a skill that we forgot to add to this list? Send us a message and we'll fix it right away!

• Like 8

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

apfelstrudi learns to outrun shamblers | Instagram challenge

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

Hello Assassins! 

The first mini-challenge is up! It's time to step up and help save the Power Rangers! Fitting in with the New Year, all of the mini-challenges are going to be focused on positivity, habit building and being a better person!

You can find the challenge thread here: 

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42997-mini-challenge-1-blue-ranger-down/

Level 1

High Score:

The Most wanted Assassin list is up!

Congratulation to the 5 who made up to the list, and sorry for the 4 runners up (that we will probably see in the list soon anyway). You all did pretty well for this first week but we had to make a choice!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42101-most-wanted-assassins-list/?p=855820

We need you to be awesome!

I know, what a silly thing to say! You’re already awesome. But what about the people that are still struggling to reach that state of pure awesomeness that seems almost natural to us?

There are many, many assassins-to-be in the Level 1 forum that could use encouragement, advice and a little help along the way.  After all - Ezio could have never become a true assassin without the help of other assassins either. Whether you’d rather take on the role of his uncle or that of the brothel mistress is up to you.

If you feel like helping out, there are a few spots open for Assassin Ambassadors.

What does an Ambassador have to do?

It’s really quite simply - have a good look at the Level 1 forum. You don’t have to restrict youself to only those that aspire to be assassins, although those rebels are, of course, our main focus.

Drop in on their threads, encourage them, help them, offer your advice and welcome them to the wonderful community that is Nerdfitness. Many Level 1 Rebels drop out for a myriad of different reasons.

As an Ambassador, you might be able to change that number, encourage more people to pull through, ascend to the next level, instead of dropping out halfway through.

Does that sounds like just the right kind of job for you? Contact one of your guild leaders and we’ll set you up.

Mini Challenge #2: Yellow Ranger Needs Help!

It's another week and another mini-challenge! 

After saving Billy, the Blue Power Ranger, we have moved on and found the Yellow Ranger in need of our help! 

So head over here to take part: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/43275-mini-challenge-2-the-yellow-ranger-needs-help/

As promised, there is a reward for taking part in last week's challenge. Courtesy of the lovely and awesome Batwoman we now have badges to give you! You could put these in your signature, or your main challenge post, but they're just a fun little way to recognize your continued awesome! 

12040572733_5af14f69b1_m.jpg 12040572733_5af14f69b1_q.jpg 12040572733_5af14f69b1_t.jpg

• Like 1

Level 1

High Score:

Assassins!

It's time for standing ovations!

Please welcome our brandnew, fresh and shiny ambassadors cobaltsword, Kan and bambamty!

They just came out of the ambassador factory and while they're not chimney sweepers, you can still try to poke them for good luck.

Maybe even lick them. I'm not sure if that would bring you much luck though.

Anyways!

Thank you for stepping up and helping us out! :)

• Like 2

Mini Challenge #2: Yellow Ranger Needs Help!

It's that time again Assassins! 

After saving Billy, the Blue Power Ranger,and Trini, the Yellow Ranger we need to save the Black Ranger from evil magics! 

So head over here to help save Zack! http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/43509-mini-challenge-3-the-ranger-as-black-as-night/

As promised, there is a reward for taking part in last week's challenge. Courtesy of the lovely and most awesome Batwoman we have some more epic badges for you! You could put these in your signature, or your main challenge post, but they're just a fun little way to recognize your continued awesome! 

12153063404_718e4cbb7e_m.jpg 12153063404_718e4cbb7e_q.jpg 12153063404_718e4cbb7e_s.jpg

Level 1

High Score:

The most wanted list #3 is published!

Congratulations everyone, you make your guild-leaders proud :)

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42101-most-wanted-assassins-list/?p=879402

Mini Challenge #4: Pink Doesn't Always Mean Cuddly!

Okay Assassins! You've saved 3 Power Rangers so far! That's over half! The Blue, Black and Yellow Rangers are grateful for your help, but there's more!

The Pink Ranger has been driven made by negative magic! It's up to us to save her using the almighty power of positivity! So it's +1 to Charisma for this challenge :) 

So head over to the challenge thread to help her!: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/43735-mini-challenge-4-pink-doesnt-always-mean-cuddly/

And once again, we get a spectacular reward for taking part in last week's challenge! For saving the Black Ranger everyone gets a badge they can put wherever they want! :D Courtesy of the most awesome-est Batwoman!

12289054654_579a05ecc5_m.jpg 12289054654_579a05ecc5_q.jpg 12288896493_6c46ac64be_s.jpg

Level 1

High Score:

The Most wanted assassin list #4 is published!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42101-most-wanted-assassins-list/?p=888317

Assassins being awesome, once again!

Mini Challenge #5: Red Ranger Danger!

Assassins! It's the final week of the challenge so it's time for one last explosion of mini-challenge! 

I'm sorry this has come a day late, I just could not get the forum to load last night! So my apologies. But some of you may have gotten a sneak peek at the googledoc as I updated that!

But! We have saved all but one of the Power Rangers! With our fantastic efforts last week we have the Pink Ranger alongside us and now we must defeat Rita Repulsa to save the Red Ranger!

Head over to the challenge thread to see how you can save him! http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/44014-mini-challenge-5-red-ranger-danger/

And adding to the phenomenal amount of awesome that she has already created for this challenge; Batgirl has made more badges for us! :D 

12417293993_23afdde2ce_n.jpg12417293993_23afdde2ce_m.jpg12417293993_23afdde2ce_q.jpg12417293993_23afdde2ce_s.jpg

Level 1

High Score:

The most wanted list #5 is published

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42101-most-wanted-assassins-list/?p=896487

Congratulations for the 5 selected assassins. The next list will be published at the start of the next challenge and will reward the assassins that were constants, supportive, active and generally awesome during the whole challenge!

Mini Challenge ... Complete! 

Well done everyone! That's another 6 week challenge successfully under our belts! 

Don't forget that everyone who took part gets their extra score bonuses! 

And as a final final reward for everyone who took part here's the final badges for the Red Ranger!

12548180774_cd3011510e_n.jpg12548180774_cd3011510e_m.jpg12548180774_cd3011510e_q.jpg12548180774_cd3011510e_s.jpg

Once again a MASSIVE THANK YOU to Batwoman who made these deliciously awesome badges for everyone :) 

Great job!

Level 1

High Score:

New challenge forums are up! Find your way to the Assassin's guild here:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/342-assassins/

Also, make sure you filled your report form! I'm coming after those who haven't submitted it yet soon *insert ominous music here*

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1szgyHJNfrdtRWfCwCMKbC5Q3IiGziI_enFGsBzNRfo0/viewform