Rocky 1 - do or die

rocky555

Everyone want to be Waldo when they grow up. That's how things are :D

Mid-challenge check-out! Time for a small exercise!

After 3 weeks, what do you think of your goals? Do you think they are perfect as they are or do they need a bit of tweaking? Is your main quest S.M.A.R.T (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound.)  enough, are you goals achievable? Do they work well together without any conflicts. Don't you have too many goals and feel overwhelmed?

Feel free to ask any guild leader or ambassador for advices if you feel like tweaking your challenge for the next 3 weeks :)

Someone is bound to become Waldo 2 sooner or later... :D

(hopefuly me)

As for my goals, I am currently satisfied. Any progres should be easily measurable and visible. Already there are significant improvements. I am very happy with the chinup/pullup progress. :)

• Like 1

Week 4 summary

1) Avoid all sodas and drink plenty of water and tea / check

2) Work out at least 4 times per week / check

3) Lose weight / -1.6kg (total -4,5kg)

4) Rep number will be tested at the end

5) Cooper test / not performed (damn snow)

6) Burpee challenge effort / YESSSSS! 100 burpees in 9:25 min  :nevreness:

Side quest (logging food and exercise) / check

Life quest / not great, not poor

Overall I will give myself B+

• Like 1

Sweet week Rocky. Are you sure that's only worth at B+? It looks like you hit every goal and had some great progress!

• Like 1

Mangostrike
Race: Stone Troll | Class: Ranger
[Level: 3 | STR 6 | DEX 2.5 | STA 6.25 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5 ]
Battle Log 1-First-Blood 2-Nerf-Herder 3-A-New-Hope 4-Get-Angry

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Although more fit people can do them in something like 7-8 minutes...

Screw more fit people - you are doing more and faster than you did when you started the challenge! That is all that matters!

• Like 1

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Screw more fit people - you are doing more and faster than you did when you started the challenge! That is all that matters!

This!

You are doing an amazing job of things, don't compare your progress to anyone else's. There is always going to be someone not as far along and someone father than you....be inspired by the people in front of you and lend a hand to those behind you...and be the best you that you are capable of. I think you are awesome :)

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid Ambassador :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

This!

You are doing an amazing job of things, don't compare your progress to anyone else's. There is always going to be someone not as far along and someone father than you....be inspired by the people in front of you and lend a hand to those behind you...and be the best you that you are capable of. I think you are awesome :)

Thanks for support guys, but other people results are good motivation for me, so it is not really a bad thing when I compare myself with others, I am not devaluating my achievements.

I am very proud of my achievements so far, but at the same time I am aiming at improving much more, and improving continuously.

So... 8 minutes for 100 burpees, here I come, however masohistic that sounds. sm-smiley_215663.gif

:D

• Like 1

Week 5 summary

2) Work out at least 4 times per week / check

3) Lose weight / +0,4kg (-4,1 total)

4) Rep number will be tested at the end

5) Cooper test / not performed (damn cold and rain)

6) Burpee challenge effort / not done this week (I deserved some rest from it)

After 4 months of continuous caloric deficit, I decided that it is acceptable to have 1 week (actually it is now 9 days) of more caloric and less healthy food. Actually I had only 4-5 non-healthy meals in 9 days, so that is satisfactory. Gained some weight, but it is surely mostly retained water due to the bad carbs because I am still in caloric deficit (if my logging is right).

Next week returning back on the track foodwise.

Overall I will give myself B-

• Like 1

B- is not too shabby especially because there is only one week left!  Meaning, it's time to get ready for next challenge! (so exciting! :D)

Have you decided on your next quest already? Need a hand with your goals setting? Ambassadors and Guild leaders are here for you, just ask! :)

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

B- is not too shabby especially because there is only one week left!  Meaning, it's time to get ready for next challenge! (so exciting! :D)

Have you decided on your next quest already? Need a hand with your goals setting? Ambassadors and Guild leaders are here for you, just ask! :)

Oh yes, I must think of some good goals for the next challenge :)

Most likely they will be of similar type as for this challenge. I find it motivating when having specific numbers to beat/increase.

Quest will remain the same for the next several months...

In my opinion (and you can take it or leave it :P) you don't have one quest but three.

1- BF%. I don't count the 8 kg part because it's not really important. I mean, you could reach your BF% goal without losing weight. Ok, that would be a hell of a body recomp. But still :D

Anyway, quest 1 is diet focused.

Quest 2: endurance training. You want to be able to do a certain amount of reps. Sure a low BF% will helps but endurance training is IMO a quest by itself.

Quest 3: skill training. Planche, l -sit and this kind of cool moves need strength and low BF% helps achieving them but, like all the skills, they are the addition of many things.

So, if I were you. I would focus at first on one point, like endurance training while keeping a diet goal to lower the BF%. Weighting yourself for data purpose would be ok but I don't really see the point of losing n kg.

My 2 cents :)

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

In my opinion (and you can take it or leave it :tongue:) you don't have one quest but three.

1- BF%. I don't count the 8 kg part because it's not really important. I mean, you could reach your BF% goal without losing weight. Ok, that would be a hell of a body recomp. But still :D

Anyway, quest 1 is diet focused.

Quest 2: endurance training. You want to be able to do a certain amount of reps. Sure a low BF% will helps but endurance training is IMO a quest by itself.

Quest 3: skill training. Planche, l -sit and this kind of cool moves need strength and low BF% helps achieving them but, like all the skills, they are the addition of many things.

So, if I were you. I would focus at first on one point, like endurance training while keeping a diet goal to lower the BF%. Weighting yourself for data purpose would be ok but I don't really see the point of losing n kg.

My 2 cents :)

1) As you said, it would be one hell of a recomp, so it is quite unlikely to happen. And I really want to get to six pack. So dropping BF up to approx 12-13% or less is necessary, only realistic way to accomplish in reasonable time frame is to drop additional weight.

Don't worry, in my weight loss so far I was very careful to have plenty of suitable exercise and proteins, so muscle loss was kept at minimal to none (depending on how accurate are bioelectric impendance scales)

2) Endurance training is essential part for my overall fitness, and constant measurable increase in results is necessary (at least for me to keep me motivated)

3) Yes... in order to level up enough for those moves I must improve on several different fields, and it is something on which I must work for a long period of time (probably not just measured in months, but years)

I am afraid that focusing on just one point would make the process less enjoyable and maybe even deviate me from the path (I know my brain... treacherous bastard :D

So I will have to keep the quest threefold:

- drop BF% (with healthy diet, while maintaining as much muscle mass as possible)

- increase endurance (both muscle and aerobic endurance)

- increase strenght

And each 6-week challenge I can give myself interesting fitness challenges where I can measure my progress.

Week 6 summary

2) Work out at least 4 times per week / check (due to slight pain under the right armpit, strenght exercises were mostly ignored this week and I focused on cardio and muscle endurance)
3) Lose weight / -1,3kg (-5,5kg / 12 pounds total) // starting weight 98kg -> current 92.6kg
4) Rep number will be tested during next week, although some numbers are known
5) Cooper test / my goal of 2,3km is beaten in the last moment (yesterday) with 2,36km
6) Burpee challenge effort / not done this week (I deserved some rest from it)

Overall I will give myself A

Current test results:

1. military pushups - 20 / to be tested
2. pushups with feet on stability ball - 12 / tbt
3. diamond pushups - 15 / tbt
4. plank hold - 90 sec / tbt
5. hanging L sit hold - 30 sec / tbt
6. chinup hold - 29 sec / 44 sec (+15 sec)
7. chinups - 0 // 2 dead hang chinups - 6 plain chinups (+6)
8. pullups - 0 // 1 dead hang pullup - 3 plain pullups (+3)
9. frog hold - 32 sec
10. pistol squats - 8 right leg, 5 left leg // tbt
11. deep squats - 41 // tbt

12. Cooper test (12min running) - 2,1km // 2.36km (+0,26km)

13. burpees - 93 in 10 minutes // 100 in 9:25 (approx +60 sec)

After full testing I will give myself final grade for the challenge.

• Like 1

All test results are in. I can grade myself now :D

Most of the test was performed today, and because of doing all sets to failure it is possible that some values don't reflect real condition.

Main quest:

Longer term goal is to reduce bodyfat by at least 8% or more. During this challenge it fell from 23% to approx 18%.
Longer term goal is to reduce weight at least 8kg. During this challenge it fell from 98kg to 92,6kg 

Other goals are to improve my strenght and condition significantly. That must include being able to do 15-20 proper pull ups. Also to be able to do other difficult bodyweight exercises like planche.
Current progress is more than satisfactory. :)

Goals for this challenge:

1) Avoid all sodas, drink just water and tea and try to drink approx 3 litres or more per day. Eat more vegetables.
Perfect score: A

2) Work out at least 4 times per week (2 high intensity cardio workouts + 2 strenght bodyweight workouts + maybe 1 plyometric and muscle endurance workout)
Good score: B+

3) Lose 3kg although BF is more important.
From 98 to 92.6kg / (-5,4kg /-12 pounds)
BF from 23% to approx 18% (-5%)

4) Improve max number of repetitions or duration for some bodyweight exercises so that I can use more difficult bodyweight exercises for the next challenge.

1. military pushups - 20 / 27 (+7)
2. pushups with feet on stability ball - 12 / 20 (+8)
3. diamond pushups - 15 / 22 (+7)
4. plank hold - 90 sec / 110 sec (+20 sec)
5. hanging L sit hold - 30 sec / 36 sec (+6 sec)
6. chinup hold - 29 sec / 44 sec (+15 sec)
7. chinups - 0 // 2 dead hang chinups - 6 plain chinups (+6)
8. pullups - 0 // 1 dead hang pullup - 3 plain pullups (+3)
9. frog hold - 32 sec // 36 sec (+4 sec)
10. pistol squats - 8 right leg, 5 left leg // 12 right, 8 left (+7)
11. deep squats - 41 // 61 (+20)

12. Cooper test (12min running) - 2,1km // 2.36km (+0,26km)

13. burpees - 93 in 10 minutes // 100 in 9:25 (approx +60 sec) (goal was to beat 100 in 10 min)

I am especially happy because of the chinups and burpees :)

Side quest:

Log food and exercise dilligently, be careful to have enough protein intake and to avoid too much of a caloric deficit.

Life quest:

Start cleaning my apartment thorougly every weekend without exception and without cheating trough paying others for cleaning.
Average score: C

Overall score for the quest A- 
(not pure A only because of the life quest)
  • Like 1

Awesome!

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

That's awesome progress! You can definitely see a difference in the sides and in your face, well done!

Pretty soon you're gonna have to change your profile picture.

Mangostrike
Race: Stone Troll | Class: Ranger
[Level: 3 | STR 6 | DEX 2.5 | STA 6.25 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5 ]
Battle Log 1-First-Blood 2-Nerf-Herder 3-A-New-Hope 4-Get-Angry

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines