Wooh Wooh!! First challenge as a Monk and second overall. Time to get to it then:

http://youtu.be/bQAULthTBvA

I've been too sedentary, this time around I'm determined to get moving. BBWW, walking to Morodor and  KickBoxing are what I have on my plate for this challenge. I also need to eat more like a Saiyan; veggies and meat are the way to go! I also need to use this time to gauge my center, so it's on with the Yoga and meditation. I really need to learn consistency, so I will offer myself bonus points if I can keep on track. On to my goals!

#1: Gohan's Wilderness Training:

No more messing around! M-W-F are my Beginner Body Weight Circuit days and T-Th will be my KickBoxing/Yoga days. Bonus points for not skipping more than 2 workouts a week.

+2 STR 

BONUS: +3 CON 

#2: 10x Earth Gravity Training:

Keep up with my 100 Pushup Challenge every day and hopefully be up to the big 1-0-0 by the time this challenge ends. Bonus Points for not skipping more than one workout a week.

+1 STR

+2 STA

BONUS: +2 DEX

#3: Eat Like Goku

I need to explore my options as far as paleo goes. I've found that I'm in love with veggies (broccoli in particular) and I'm sure there's room for more. I also need to mix up the menu a little more. Add in seafood when finances allow and get down with some spare ribs since they're apparently super cheap at the Latin Market down the street.

Bonus Points for eating one new veggie a week till the end of the challenge.

+2 WIS

BONUS: +1 DEX

Side Goal: Gohan's Study Regiment:

Collection of ze informacion. I need to keep up with my new Coursera classes, and read more. I'm also trying to learn spanish with Duolingo, so far so good, and I need to make using the app a habitual thing. 

+2 CHA

So There it is. I don't have a way to get exact stats but my weight as of the moment is around 220 and my waist size is "36. I want to be around 200 and a 34" by time this challenge is over but it's more of a guideline than anything. As for my collection of information goal, I've started with Tim Ferriss' "4 Hour Chef" and I'll be reading along with the audiobook. Hopefully I'll finish it faster that way.

I want to be as strong as I need to be. Physically, as well as mentally.

"Even a reject can surpass an elite, if he trains hard enough!" - Goku

I refuse to fail!

Ray, Lvl 2 Orc Monk

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 4|WIS 4|CHA 2

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge
Facebook / Twitter
^^FRIEND ME/FOLLOW ME^^

I've heard that Tim Ferriss' steak-cooking method is spot-on. And you could totally do the audiobook while walking; that's as good a use of the time as any.

Good to see you here with us this challenge. :) Challenge is happening in a few days! Brace yourself!

That is a genius notion! Haha, I never even thought about that. I can't wait to soak in all the information in this book! I'll be looking forward to making a tasty Filet Mignon dinner by the time I finish the book.

Glad to be in the Monastery!

I refuse to fail!

Ray, Lvl 2 Orc Monk

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge
Facebook / Twitter
^^FRIEND ME/FOLLOW ME^^

Duolingo is a great app, I've dabbled with some Spanish myself, it really does the job! I like your allocation of bonus points for sticking to goals exactly, it's a nice way of rewarding the extra dedication.

¡Mucho gracias senor!

Yeah, I'm trying to get myself to make these things into habits. I'm really having trouble with being consistent, and I think this is a good way to promote consistency to myself.

I refuse to fail!

Ray, Lvl 2 Orc Monk

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge
Facebook / Twitter
^^FRIEND ME/FOLLOW ME^^

Totally awesome quest set there BigDRay.  Just remember to not push or overload.  Habits develop slowly with constant application.  Don't change everything all at once.  Look for the wasted moments in your daily routine and see where a new healthier habit will fit. 

• Like 1

c944670e-b563-4819-b498-6148e5f3443f_zps

This was part of my dinner tonight. Totally paleo chicken stuffed peppers. I'm going to have to try this one again. I think I can do better on the recipe but it's still yum stuff!

I refuse to fail!

Ray, Lvl 2 Orc Monk

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge
Facebook / Twitter
^^FRIEND ME/FOLLOW ME^^

Ooooh. Pretty. Can has recipe?

Well, I just pulled a mad scientist and I seldom measure ingredients but I'll give it a go.

1 half Celery Stalk (Chopped)

1 quarter of a bell pepper (Diced)

Red Onion to taste (I will probably try scallions instead next time) (Chopped)

1 Clove Garlic 

BACON! (Load up on all this that you want >:])

1 Tbsp Olive Oil

Grab a skillet and put it on medium heat. Pour in your olive oil and throw those precious little veggies in there with a little black pepper. I don't use salt these days on account of my sodium levels but salt to taste if you'd like. 

For the Chicken:

2 Chicken Breasts or 4 Chicken Tenders

1 Tbsp Soy Sauce (low sodium for meeee)

1 Tbsp Black Pepper

2 Tsp Ground Cayenne (or Red) Pepper

1 Tbsp Honey (or less, this is probably what made the chicken a wee bit slimy)

Dice the chicken up into itty bitty pieces, put into a bowl and mix all these ingredients. With your hands. It's fun.

Once you have the veggie/bacon mix as brown as you want it you can either mix it with the chicken in a bowl or use it as a topping. 

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Halve and gut the bell peppers and slather a very little amount of olive oil on the outside. Put them in a deep pan, put the chicken in them. Stuff that pepper with as much chicken as you want, the more the merrier right? 

Let it cook until the chicken is done. I don't have a thermometer so I just went by sight. 

Extra: The one on the right in the picture was put on top of my gas burner for about 10 seconds after it finished baking. It brought the taste out 10 fold but for some reason there was a pool of liquid(like, chicken stock maybe?) at the bottom of the pepper which made for very messy eating but definitely good.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

I refuse to fail!

Ray, Lvl 2 Orc Monk

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge
Facebook / Twitter
^^FRIEND ME/FOLLOW ME^^

That pepper looks amazing.  I would have never thought to use diced chicken to replace the rice in a stuffed pepper.  I will definitely have to try that.

Good luck, your challenge looks really well thought out!

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

That pepper looks amazing.  I would have never thought to use diced chicken to replace the rice in a stuffed pepper.  I will definitely have to try that.

Good luck, your challenge looks really well thought out!

I know right?! Haha thanks, are you doing a challenge this time around? 

proud of you.

Thank ya ^_^

So Challenge day 1 has gone off without a hitch! I have modified my circuit though, not exactly Steve's BBWW. Here it is:

50 Jumping Jacks

20 Lunges

Max Pushups (still doing modified but I'm getting better)

Handstand Practice (Against the wall, I'm at about 40 seconds max)

25 Body Weight Squats

10 Body Weight Rows

then repeat.

Had a post workout  smoothie. Something of a "Green Monster" but homemade and...not...green

gallery_20830_826_18699.jpg
  • Like 1

I refuse to fail!

Ray, Lvl 2 Orc Monk

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge
Facebook / Twitter
^^FRIEND ME/FOLLOW ME^^

¡Mucho gracias senor!Yeah, I'm trying to get myself to make these things into habits. I'm really having trouble with being consistent, and I think this is a good way to promote consistency to myself.

I'm no different, it's all about trying to creat habits I guess!

I will also be trying your chicken-stuffed peppers, it sounds tasty!

WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN.

MY SHORT INTRODUCTION POST.

I'm no different, it's all about trying to creat habits I guess!

I will also be trying your chicken-stuffed peppers, it sounds tasty!

True enough, and thanks! Let me know how it goes.

I refuse to fail!

Ray, Lvl 2 Orc Monk

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge
Facebook / Twitter
^^FRIEND ME/FOLLOW ME^^

I know right?! Haha thanks, are you doing a challenge this time around? 

Yup!  Here in the monkery!

The circuit looks pretty good.  I've taken the advice from the "How to build your own workout" post Steve did a while back.  It takes longer to do than a circuit workout, but is also a nice way to change things up if you have a bank of techniques available.

Also.... SHAKE!

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Ooh, shake. I liked shakes, back in the day. If you want to make it green, just throw some spinach in! :)

Haha, I did. I'm just guessing I didn't put enough in there. 

Good start!

Thanks! 

Day 2 is good so far. I'll be back for a log later.

I refuse to fail!

Ray, Lvl 2 Orc Monk

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge
Facebook / Twitter
^^FRIEND ME/FOLLOW ME^^

Not much to log for yesterday. It was my Mother's birthday so me and my brother went to my parent's home for the day to surprise her and take her out to eat. We went to eat Mexican food and I think I did good. I didn't eat any of those chips they bring out before your meal and I ate a fajita plate with extra onions and bell peppers and no tortillas. I didn't workout due to this usually being my kickboxing/yoga days(University Center is closed this week so none of that) but I did some stretches when we got back to the apartment.

I refuse to fail!

Ray, Lvl 2 Orc Monk

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge
Facebook / Twitter
^^FRIEND ME/FOLLOW ME^^

Nicely done! I would have taken the birthday as a cheat and let it go, but that's because socially I'm a pansy. Way to stick to it!

I would have, but it was a goal of mine as soon as we walked in not to give in to the whole chips before the meal things and once I handled that it was pretty easy to stick to eating correctly according to my diet. Thanks, and I doubt your a pansy about anything! 

I refuse to fail!

Ray, Lvl 2 Orc Monk

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge
Facebook / Twitter
^^FRIEND ME/FOLLOW ME^^

I would have, but it was a goal of mine as soon as we walked in not to give in to the whole chips before the meal things and once I handled that it was pretty easy to stick to eating correctly according to my diet. Thanks, and I doubt your a pansy about anything!

Yeah... I'm not buying it either. That was Kishi being a humble and honorable superstar.

I like your challenge! I strongly support any challenge that allows me to speak Spanish in the forums! If you need any help with that. Don't hesitate to ask me!

¡Buena Suerte!

Sent from a master of stealth using Tapatalk.

One must still have chaos in oneself to give birth to a dancing star.

Current Challenge

Yeah... I'm not buying it either. That was Kishi being a humble and honorable superstar.

I like your challenge! I strongly support any challenge that allows me to speak Spanish in the forums! If you need any help with that. Don't hesitate to ask me!

¡Buena Suerte!

Sent from a master of stealth using Tapatalk.

Haha, at least our fearless leader knows humility. 

I've got a mission for you then X) Any time you post in my challenge only use spanish. I'll probably have to ask you to repeat that in english lol. I feel like I need more inclusion than I get on the usual to speed up my process.

¡Gracias senor!

I refuse to fail!

Ray, Lvl 2 Orc Monk

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge
Facebook / Twitter
^^FRIEND ME/FOLLOW ME^^

Great, and no I've never seen that! Totally downloaded. 

p.s. I think you said Caponerd speaks spanish too? I'm a beginner, excuse me if I get lost >,<

I refuse to fail!

Ray, Lvl 2 Orc Monk

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge
Facebook / Twitter
^^FRIEND ME/FOLLOW ME^^

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines