No interesting story here. Sorry! :nonchalance:

I have so many ideas of what I want to do for these challenges, and of course, I always want to continue doing what I was doing before, that my google doc that I'm using for tracking was getting a bit ridiculous.

So for this first challenge of the year, I'm prioritizing, and focusing on tracking the basic habits I want to build & continue, the ones that I think will benefit by being tracked. Here's my challenge (for those interested in reading more about my thoughts on each of these points, its all written out after).

1 - Main Life Goal - End Overeating - Step 1     WIS +3    CHA +2

• slow down and enjoy my food

• this is a yes or no, per day. I don’t expect to be perfect, just to think about it every time I eat something, and to improve as time goes by.

2 - stretch every day for 10 minutes        DEX +2    CON +1

• this will increase flexibility and reduce stress. 

• this doesn’t have to be 10 minutes straight, but can be 10 minutes spread throughout the day, especially if it means getting up from my desk at work regularly

• this is a yes or no for each day

3 - strength 3 times per week               STR +2    CHA +1    STA +1

• this will increase strength, specifically core strength, and great cross-training for summer running

4 - De-clutter / Cleaning / Organizing        WIS +1    CON +2

• I will not make more of a mess for myself - when something is in my hand, I will put it away properly the first time - this is a yes or no for each day, 50% of the points

• at least once per week I will clean or declutter or reorganize one “big†area - this is weighted for 50% of the points

Things I may (or may not) track, but do not get points for:

running (when I'm off work and its not too slippery)

cooking new meals

climbing (which I haven't done in ages but really want to get back to)

I also hope to participate in more mini-challenges, which I haven't done in a long time.

(And now its the long wordy version for anyone who is brave enough to continue!)

My main life goal is to end overeating. I really want to be one of those people who eats to live. The occasional extra helping of something you really love once a year is okay, but that's not me... not yet, anyway. Its a pretty vague goal, but I feel like there are smaller steps I can take to work towards it, toward learning when I'm full. Here are what I think steps could be: slow down, drink more water, mindful eating, pre-portioned meals...

I'm also going to continue with the strength training 3 times per week. I feel like I don't necessarily need to keep this as a challenge because I did so well at it last time, BUT I question whether or not I'd keep up with the 3 times per week without having the tracking to keep me accountable. Plus, I really enjoyed it and I'm proud of how I did last time, so I feel like maybe having a "birdie" in my corner is a bonus... I'll just give it less points. lol

Cleaning - its such a challenge for me, still. I do want to declutter but I feel like maybe I need to switch it up a bit this time. So I'm going to stop making more work for myself - I'm going to put things away when they're actually in my hands the first time! Especially if its in the same room - example getting changed - dirty clothes can go right in the hamper, clean clothes will be refolded or hung... immediately. I do have a good system when I'm moving things between floors, so I'll continue that - there's no point running up and down all the time as that's a bit of a waste of time (or can be) but I'm going to put things away properly the first time. I think this will be  a daily yes or no - did I do it or not. I will also do at least one "big" cleaning each week.

Stretching & flexibility - I'm going to try this one again. Stretching for 10 minutes per day. I will also include, this time, if I get up regularly at work and move around and stretch then, too. So it doesn't have to be 10 minutes at one time.

These aren't too assassiny, but I really do feel like an assassin more than anything else, so here I am again. Happy New year to everyone, and may 2014 be the best year yet!

• Like 1

Good luck with the upcoming challenge! I'm recovering from overeating and binge eating disorder, so I understand that feeling of wanting to get rid of that CONSTANT WANT for food. You can do it. Babysteps and it will get easier. <3

Good luck with the upcoming challenge! I'm recovering from overeating and binge eating disorder, so I understand that feeling of wanting to get rid of that CONSTANT WANT for food. You can do it. Babysteps and it will get easier. <3

Thanks, Lilith! I'm lucky that I don't generally binge eat, but I definitely eat more than I need to, on a regular basis, unless I pre-measure out my food. But yeah, that constant want is frustrating! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I just read a great quote in a magazine interview with Cameron Diaz on this topic, that I wanted to share... and also to keep here for myself, too. Its the way that I WANT to be, the way that I WANT to think about food...

Q - In The Body Book, a big part of your healthy eating philosophy is moderation. How do you maintain that on set?

A - Just a minute ago I passed a table with buffalo wings. I could taste them on my lips. Then I asked myself if i wanted to feel the way I'd feel after eating a bunch of wings. The answer was no. I eat everything I want to eat. In the end, I didn't want them.

(From "Food & Wine" Jan 2014 issue, page 16)

I think I may have to check out The Body Book.

Yes, that sounds like a very inspirational book! 

I'm thinking about proper advice on not having the want to have food. But it's difficult, because the want for food is usually present, quite often in our day to day lives. We eat often (I eat 5 times a day) and the anticipation of what I'm going to eat makes me think about food. No scratch that, it made me obsessed with food. I was thinking about it all the time. If I couldn't eat "no, you can't eat lunch at 10 in the morning" I would look at recipes online. 

So what really helps me right now is NOT think about food the entire day. Go workout. Talk to my mum on the phone. See friends. Take a walk. Dance around feeling happy. Do something else. It's difficult. but it works wonders for me. Basically, I try to be happy, optimistic, positive, radiate energy and make every day a party. This is ideal world of course, and I'm just starting out with 'exercising' this mindset. But that's what really helps me to recover from the binge eating. 

Also, when you do eat, even if it's something 'naughty'. Enjoy it. I mean savour it. I mean make it the most fantastical experience it can possibly be. So that when it's done, you're satisfied, and won't go on mindlessly chewing on unhealthy stuff. 

Does that help a bit? I know everyone is different, maybe these things would not help for you. 

So what really helps me right now is NOT think about food the entire day. Go workout. Talk to my mum on the phone. See friends. Take a walk. Dance around feeling happy. Do something else. It's difficult. but it works wonders for me. Basically, I try to be happy, optimistic, positive, radiate energy and make every day a party. This is ideal world of course, and I'm just starting out with 'exercising' this mindset. But that's what really helps me to recover from the binge eating. 

Also, when you do eat, even if it's something 'naughty'. Enjoy it. I mean savour it. I mean make it the most fantastical experience it can possibly be. So that when it's done, you're satisfied, and won't go on mindlessly chewing on unhealthy stuff.

Thanks! You're right, everyone IS different. My main issue is eating when food is in front of me. So stopping eating when I'm full, even if there's food on my plate. Hence, the pre-measured portions works for me, but I'm hoping that's not what I'll have to do for the rest of my life, you know? I also eat when I'm bored, so the "do something else" that you suggest here is great advice! Which I'm doing right now LOL. I'm also having a cup of flavourful tea and have a selection of decaf and herbal teas that I will try and drink all day instead of mindless snacking.

As for the savouring bit - I learned the truth in that myself a couple of years ago! I lost about 40 pounds (and have kept it mostly off, just +5 or so, especially right after the holidays) and I realized during that time that, for example, if I wanted a bit of cheese in my eggs at breakfast (which I do every day), I use GOOD cheese. Full fat, usually sharp and flavourful cheese. That way, I am completely satisfied with 15 gm or so (1/2 oz lol). If its lower quality cheese, or low fat, you need more to be able to taste it. And with dark chocolate, my favourite, I can eat just a couple of squares of one of those proper Lindt bars and be content, and that's about 100 calories. But with more of a candy bar type of chocolate (kit kat for example), I wouldn't be satisfied even after eating the whole thing which is around 200 calories.

I definitely need to slow down, though. That is a HUGE problem for me. So that's why its my first step in my stopping overeating goal! Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement!

Nice goals! Looking forward to seeing how this challenge goes for you!

Thanks, Aeryn!

As for the savouring bit - I learned the truth in that myself a couple of years ago! I lost about 40 pounds (and have kept it mostly off, just +5 or so, especially right after the holidays) and I realized during that time that, for example, if I wanted a bit of cheese in my eggs at breakfast (which I do every day), I use GOOD cheese. Full fat, usually sharp and flavourful cheese. That way, I am completely satisfied with 15 gm or so (1/2 oz lol). If its lower quality cheese, or low fat, you need more to be able to taste it. 

Going for quality is actually a great thing. I love food, but I also care a lot about the quality. For example, most junkfood is not satisfying or nice for me (say a hamburger) because I know what a really nice, homemade hamburger with homemade ketchup can taste like. And yes it's definitely more satisfying like that! 

For mindless snacking, try growing to love baby tomatoes, baby carrots and celery sticks, oh and cucumber too! You can eat away at those at little cost. 

I understand that you don't want to measure out portions for the rest of your life, but usually a plate is a good portion. Don't take seconds, something like that? That won't work if you're still caloriecounting obviously... But maybe a solution for 'the rest of your life'? Anyway, I like your spirit a lot! 

Things I may (or may not) track, but do not get points for:

running (when I'm off work and its not too slippery)

cooking new meals

climbing (which I haven't done in ages but really want to get back to)

I also hope to participate in more mini-challenges, which I haven't done in a long time.

These aren't too assassiny, but I really do feel like an assassin more than anything else, so here I am again. Happy New year to everyone, and may 2014 be the best year yet!

Your goals are excellent!  One way I heard to slow down when you eat is to put your fork down between every bite of food.  Pick up your fork/spoon.  Take a bite.  Put the fork/spoon down.  Repeat.  I've heard it helps make you slow down and pay attention to your food.

I'm tracking a few things that aren't official goals too.  Say yes to climbing!  I never tried it before I joined Nerd Fitness last January.  I was a big chicken, basically I thought I was too big to be climbing and that I'd look silly amongst all the fit people.  But you can't get fit by wishing, so I bit the bullet and visited a place that seemed nice.  Instead of chickening out, telling myself I'd come back later, right then I paid for the visit and started climbing.  Then I bought a 5 climb pass so I'd be committed to go back again.  It's the one thing I do that makes me feel assassin-y because otherwise I'm not very athletic and also don't wear much black.  Good luck with your goals!  ^_^

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

Level 6 Lawful Neutral Human Ranger STR 11 / DEX 11 / CON 9 / INT 14 / WIS 11 / CHA 13

"All glory comes from daring to begin."  -   Eugene F. Ware

Going for quality is actually a great thing. I love food, but I also care a lot about the quality. For example, most junkfood is not satisfying or nice for me (say a hamburger) because I know what a really nice, homemade hamburger with homemade ketchup can taste like. And yes it's definitely more satisfying like that!

Thanks, Lilith! Yes, quality really does make a difference. Thanks for the suggestions and the compliment. :redface-new:

Your goals are excellent!  One way I heard to slow down when you eat is to put your fork down between every bite of food.  Pick up your fork/spoon.  Take a bite.  Put the fork/spoon down.  Repeat.  I've heard it helps make you slow down and pay attention to your food.

Thanks, Blaze! I have been trying that - putting my fork down between bites, and its a great way of slowing down.

As for savouring - my husband and I did this cheese tasting thing and they taught us that if you hold the cheese in your mouth for 5 seconds, that the flavour changes, and its true! So that's something else I'm trying to focus on with the savouring.

Climbing - I was a regular climber for about a year or so, but I've fallen off the "wall" over the past 6 months. Its just a matter of getting it back as a habit, as part of my life again. I have all the gear, and friends to go with, I just need to go! I love it so much... and I do miss it, it just became less of a priority. :rolleyes-new:

I'm really proud of myself today... I got up and went for a run!  It really was the perfect opportunity - it was only 1º C (just above freezing), but there's a storm coming in today, in fact its already snowing now, and the temperature is going to be dropping significantly, so that it will be something like -14º C when I walk to work tomorrow morning! So I'm very pleased I got this run in today.

I ran down by the lake and funnily, the path down there was the clearest part of my run! Much clearer that the sidewalks in the city! I ran just under 7km, too, even though I had thought I'd just go out for 5 since I haven't been running much and I have a cold, but I did 7.

YAY ME!  :pride:

I've also got the slow cooker on, making a beef stew. I'm doing laundry. And we're going to put away Christmas decorations today. So a very productive, but also relaxing Sunday. I'm looking forward to officially starting the challenge tomorrow!

Good luck everyone!

Yay for starting the challenge awesomely! A 7km run sounds very long (I struggle with 4-5km) so I'm impressed! And give me some of that beefstew yummm seems amazing. (Maybe I should go get breakfast I am apparently getting hungry)

Love your challenge! 

As for savouring - my husband and I did this cheese tasting thing and they taught us that if you hold the cheese in your mouth for 5 seconds, that the flavour changes, and its true! So that's something else I'm trying to focus on with the savouring.

Climbing - I was a regular climber for about a year or so, but I've fallen off the "wall" over the past 6 months. Its just a matter of getting it back as a habit, as part of my life again. I have all the gear, and friends to go with, I just need to go! I love it so much... and I do miss it, it just became less of a priority. :rolleyes-new:

For the eating in moderation thing, I've struggled with this as well. Some things that helped me are similar to what other people have said.

• Reminding myself that can eat more later, when it is time. Sometimes I get caught up in wanting it RIGHT NOW and it feels so urgent...but there will be another meal. It's not like I didn't know that, but for some reason, saying this to myself helps in the moment.
  • What I eat. Quality, as you say, is key. Real foods rather than processed foods, low-fat foods, or sugar. Specifically, lots of fat. That always increases my satiety and cuts down on my portion size. After overindulging on fatty, low-sugar foods a couple of times (avocado, meat, butter, etc.), I found it so much easier to push away my plate when I was full.
  • Mindful eating - savoring, as you say. I always want to do something else while I'm eating - read, usually, or watch TV. But taking 10-15 is so worth it.
  • When you've finished your pre-set portion and still want more, drink some tea and then see if you're still hungry or want food. Tell yourself that you'll have it if you still want it after that. That one is so helpful to me in the moment as well.

I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but those things always catch me when I'm tempted to just devour everything in the fridge.

I'm in the same boat as you with the climbing stuff, but I've made it my main quest to get back to my pre-climbing break skill level! So if you do climb I'll be interested to see if you have any breakthroughs or ideas for someone in a similar position. :-)

Good luck!!

Wood Elf Assassin

-------------------------------------

Battle log

First challenge

Second challenge

Current challenge

LVL 2 | STR 3 | DEX 7 | STA 5 | CON 2 | WIS 1 | CHA 0

"It goes, boys."  - Lynn Hill

Reminding myself that can eat more later, when it is time. Sometimes I get caught up in wanting it RIGHT NOW and it feels so urgent...but there will be another meal. It's not like I didn't know that, but for some reason, saying this to myself helps in the moment.

This, yes, I realised this helps for me without knowing it did. I 'know' I have two treat moments a week. So when I feel I NEED CHOCOLATE NOW I can think, do I really want it now, or maybe I could wait and eat it together with a friend later. It makes food seem less important in a way. Like something not to obsess over. 

• Reminding myself that can eat more later, when it is time. Sometimes I get caught up in wanting it RIGHT NOW and it feels so urgent...but there will be another meal. It's not like I didn't know that, but for some reason, saying this to myself helps in the moment.
  • What I eat. Quality, as you say, is key. Real foods rather than processed foods, low-fat foods, or sugar. Specifically, lots of fat. That always increases my satiety and cuts down on my portion size. After overindulging on fatty, low-sugar foods a couple of times (avocado, meat, butter, etc.), I found it so much easier to push away my plate when I was full.
  • Mindful eating - savoring, as you say. I always want to do something else while I'm eating - read, usually, or watch TV. But taking 10-15 is so worth it.
  • When you've finished your pre-set portion and still want more, drink some tea and then see if you're still hungry or want food. Tell yourself that you'll have it if you still want it after that. That one is so helpful to me in the moment as well.

I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but those things always catch me when I'm tempted to just devour everything in the fridge.

All great points! Thanks! I'll have to give that tea one a try!

I totally agree with you about the fat... for me, though, I think its protein. I generally try and have a high protein breakfast, which easily lasts me till lunch, but when I have the same calories, but not the same ratio of protein (or fat, I guess... looking at what I ate today lol) I'm hungry way before lunchtime.

I, too, know there are more meals coming. I've never had to really wait for food - sometimes when I was travelling, I didn't eat as often cause I was a broke backpacker, but I was never literally starving. So I don't know why I always feel like I have to jam everything in my mouth. I will try and remind myself of that more often. You know, I do remind myself of that when I say "I can have this for lunch tomorrow" but I STILL WANT TO EAT MORE NOW!

We'll see about the climbing this time around. I do want to get back into it, but its a low priority at this point, so we'll see. I do want to do something "active" every weekend, though, so it may happen due to horrendous weather not allowing me to run.

This, yes, I realised this helps for me without knowing it did. I 'know' I have two treat moments a week. So when I feel I NEED CHOCOLATE NOW I can think, do I really want it now, or maybe I could wait and eat it together with a friend later. It makes food seem less important in a way. Like something not to obsess over. 

Not obsessing is key, I think. This is why, for me, I don't limit chocolate. As long as I'm eating GOOD chocolate, I know I only want a bit. And I don't seriously crave it that often (hormonal times of the month - that changes lol). But potato chips... those are definitely my downfall. If they are in my house, I will eat them. So I only buy them when we have friends coming over for a bbq or party or something, and try not to eat them except in that kind of situation. If they're not in front of me, I generally don't want them, either, which was an interesting thing to learn.

So - week one, day two.

I started out strong... as I always do, but doing a whole bunch of challenge related things BEFORE THE CHALLENGE STARTS! HA!

I'm still feeling a bit sore from my run on Sunday. As I said, it was longer than I expected / planned to go, but not out of my range of normal runs. I just think that because I hadn't run in a couple of weeks, and because of the added challenge of running on some snowy sidewalks, my right IT band is still sore. (Plus my knees were really sore by the end, I think because of running on shifting snow.) I was stretching my IT band when I got home, and... I think I managed to overstretch my left mid back! LOL So now that's a bit sore, too! (See, this is why I'm a barbarian... clumsy, awkward... it just seemed to fit!) But its not debilitating so I carried on and began  my challenge as planned yesterday.

I got up early and did 45 minute circuit training DVD with a "kettlebell". I'm using a 15 lb dumbbell right now - until I figure this out a bit more, I don't want to buy anything new as I don't have space for lots of equipment. My back was a bit sore with some of the exercises, but I just modified those and carried on.

I stretched a lot yesterday, too. Having sore muscles is definitely a good reminder!

Eating was okay. I still find myself eating quickly, but in every meal, I made an effort to slow down. It wouldn't last, but then I would think about it again. So I think that was pretty successful. I think I need to drink more water with meals, though - especially dinner.  We have wine with dinner and then I find I'm drinking wine cause I'm thirsty, and not enjoying the wine for being wine.

Cleaning - I was a machine yesterday! My husband made dinner yesterday (which doesn't happen often), so while he was doing that, I finished putting away all the boxes of Christmas decorations and our tree. I gathered up the garbage and took it to the curb, and I also took our wreath out to be picked up, too. And when I was putting Christmas away, I re-organized our wine bottles. (We make wine at a U-brew, so we have a lot of bottles to store in a very small space.)

So - excellent start for me!

So - week one, day two.

I started out strong... as I always do, but doing a whole bunch of challenge related things BEFORE THE CHALLENGE STARTS! HA!

I'm still feeling a bit sore from my run on Sunday. As I said, it was longer than I expected / planned to go, but not out of my range of normal runs. I just think that because I hadn't run in a couple of weeks, and because of the added challenge of running on some snowy sidewalks, my right IT band is still sore. (Plus my knees were really sore by the end, I think because of running on shifting snow.) I was stretching my IT band when I got home, and... I think I managed to overstretch my left mid back! LOL So now that's a bit sore, too! (See, this is why I'm a barbarian... clumsy, awkward... it just seemed to fit!) But its not debilitating so I carried on and began  my challenge as planned yesterday.

I got up early and did 45 minute circuit training DVD with a "kettlebell". I'm using a 15 lb dumbbell right now - until I figure this out a bit more, I don't want to buy anything new as I don't have space for lots of equipment. My back was a bit sore with some of the exercises, but I just modified those and carried on.

I stretched a lot yesterday, too. Having sore muscles is definitely a good reminder!

Eating was okay. I still find myself eating quickly, but in every meal, I made an effort to slow down. It wouldn't last, but then I would think about it again. So I think that was pretty successful. I think I need to drink more water with meals, though - especially dinner.  We have wine with dinner and then I find I'm drinking wine cause I'm thirsty, and not enjoying the wine for being wine.

Cleaning - I was a machine yesterday! My husband made dinner yesterday (which doesn't happen often), so while he was doing that, I finished putting away all the boxes of Christmas decorations and our tree. I gathered up the garbage and took it to the curb, and I also took our wreath out to be picked up, too. And when I was putting Christmas away, I re-organized our wine bottles. (We make wine at a U-brew, so we have a lot of bottles to store in a very small space.)

So - excellent start for me!

Wow, great job! :-) The way you describe your eating is pretty much exactly how I meditate (when I do that, which is unfortunately rare). But it's exactly how it's supposed to be done - just keep coming back to the breath, or in this case, back to the bite. ;-) And it gets easier and easier! Sounds very successful to me!

Wood Elf Assassin

-------------------------------------

Battle log

First challenge

Second challenge

Current challenge

LVL 2 | STR 3 | DEX 7 | STA 5 | CON 2 | WIS 1 | CHA 0

"It goes, boys."  - Lynn Hill

Wow, great job! :-) The way you describe your eating is pretty much exactly how I meditate (when I do that, which is unfortunately rare). But it's exactly how it's supposed to be done - just keep coming back to the breath, or in this case, back to the bite. ;-) And it gets easier and easier! Sounds very successful to me!

Hey... I never thought about it like that, but its a really great way of looking at it! Thanks!

Week one day four update

We had a friend stay overnight on Tuesday as she had an early appointment which is right near our place. My usual routine is to get up early on Wednesdays and exercise, but because she was over, I didn't think that would work. So I switched it up and did some strength training today. 35 mins Kettlebell Kickboxing - Arms. And then tomorrow I'll get back to my regular routine - which is more strength training! I think its Butt tomorrow, but I"ll have to check. The DVD series came with about 10 dvds and recommends doing them in a certain order. They also contain cardio workouts, but I generally skip those as I want to focus on strength training. There are four strength training ones: Legs, Arms, Butt and Abs, and then another one - Joint Mobility. Those are the ones I'm going to focus on for now.

Yesterday was not so good for stretching - I meant to do it and forgot, got thinking about other things. But eating continues to be okay... just trying to remember to come back to the moment, savour each bite, etc.

My husband was really late getting home from work yesterday (9pm!) so while I was waiting, I did some extra cleaning around the house.

Sounds like you did really well! Just make sure to not forget your stretching next time. It's good not to make it a 'habit' to forget, so to speak. I also definitely do some extra cleaning/tidying when my boyfriend gets home a little later than expected. It's always nice to come home in a neat and tidy place, too! <3

Nice goals!

I especially like the overeating one... to often I find myself eating out of habit or just boredom. It's so easy to do!

I hear you... especially when watching TV.

Good adaptation to changing circumstances! In true assassin form. :-)

Thanks! I was pretty happy with it myself lol

Sounds like you did really well! Just make sure to not forget your stretching next time. It's good not to make it a 'habit' to forget, so to speak. I also definitely do some extra cleaning/tidying when my boyfriend gets home a little later than expected. It's always nice to come home in a neat and tidy place, too! <3

Agreed about the stretching. I feel like I need to have a goal with the stretching to make it more than just "stretch every night". I've been trying to think of ways of measuring flexibility, but its tough. I'm pretty flexible in some places, and definitely not in others, and so I try and focus on those areas, but I just don't know how to measure improvement, not little bits of improvement anyway.

Week 1 - day 4 update.

I did really well during the day yesterday with mindful eating. And then dinner.... my husband was late getting home from work again, and I was "starving" and we ended up eating in front of the TV... needless to say, I ate really fast and didn't fully enjoy the meal I'd prepared. And then when I was done... I felt full and good. And I waited 5 minutes or so and then the monster reared its ugly head and I went and got a bit more. Not a full plate, but I didn't need any at all. I felt bad afterward, though, so I'm trying to remember that feeling. The crampy, bloated, gassy feeling that comes when I overeat. If I remember what that feels like, then hopefully it will be a deterrent in the future. (It hasn't been before, but I'm going to keep trying.)  I know this can work because I used to be lactose intolerant and after a few times of getting sick eating heavy cream sauces (like Alfredo) that even now, 10 years later and I'm no longer lactose intolerant, I still don't eat those things. So I know that it can work. I just have to remember how bad it felt when that monster rears its ugly head again!

Even though I did over eat, I am still going to give myself a pass on the eating yesterday because I did so well for the rest of the day, and it is a learning process and this is the beginning of the challenge. If this had happened in the last week, then it would not be a pass.

I stretched yesterday, cleaned yesterday while he was at work again. And did my strength training in the morning as I mentioned yesterday (I think). so all in all a good day. room for improvement, though, which is the point.

Agreed about the stretching. I feel like I need to have a goal with the stretching to make it more than just "stretch every night". I've been trying to think of ways of measuring flexibility, but its tough. I'm pretty flexible in some places, and definitely not in others, and so I try and focus on those areas, but I just don't know how to measure improvement, not little bits of improvement anyway.

You could make photos of yoga poses or stretches you do often. Make them when you're cold, when you feel you're truly warm and in the deepest stretch you can (comfortably) get. Work your butt off on those poses, and after x period of time do the photos again. I think that's the only good way because you can see the differences in how well your pose is too, rather than if say you would measure the centimeters from fingertip to toe.

I understand your frustration from overeating! Just know that it's okay, I mean, it sucked, but now it's in the past and you need to give it a place and then let it go. Don't let it trigger more bad eating! Also, be proud of your body, that it's actively telling you what it doesn't like... You'll learn a lot from that.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines