Watch out world, Eri's coming to getcha!! ^_^

I have never done a challenge like this in my life, but it sounds awesome!

Main Quest: To prove to myself that I'm capable of sticking to a new habit. (This isn't a cop-out, I promise, but I know if I try and set fitness goals without sorting other things out first, I'm going to fail).

Missions/Goals: I will:

* Only drink water, tea or coffee for the next 6 weeks - no sugar/sweetener/milk.

* Ensure I eat five portions of fruit and vegetables every day.

* Do some form of exercise for at least 20 minutes every day.

Side/life quest: I will write at least one creative piece for my blog each week.

Motivation: I need to stop making excuses for myself; my lack of healthy habits is purely down to me, my own laziness, and my own ignorance. This stops, right now.

I'm going to do a chart like an Angry Birds chart for this one; every day, I have the three goals, each of these goals, if achieved, will result in a star sticker being stuck on my chart (childish, I know). If, at the end, I have succeeded 90% or more of the time (I'm being realistic here, there may be times when I'm too ill for exercising, or if I'm travelling, there may not be time to exercise, etc...), I will have won my challenge. If not, I shall keep trying. Also, if I fill up the star chart, I shall reward myself with something non-food related (trying to sever an emotional attachment to food). Any thoughts? Also, I've noticed some people have a link to their quest in their signature. How did you all do that please?

• Like 1

"I think it was blessed are the cheesemakers."

"What's so special about the cheesemakers?"

"Well obviously it's not meant to be taken literally; it refers to any manufacturers of dairy products."

EriTheHedgehog, level 0 Wood elf. Druid at heart, training with the adventurers.

STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Challenge 1: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42099-watch-out-world-eris-coming-to-getcha/

This sounds great! It's a good place to start, and I'm pleased to see you're taking the step to sever an unhealthy relationship with food, I'm working on the same and it will probably be part of my upcoming challenge (after this first one). I wish you the best of luck Eri! :D

Btw, with the links. If you want text instead of just the link that you've got now, you can write a word like RAWR. And then you go back and mark it, click the link option in the task bar (it's the chain thing), paste the URL to your challenge thread, and the word (RAWR) will now be a link to your thread :)

• Like 1

Chubby Half Elf - Adventurer

Level 0

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Challenge 1 | 2 | 3

Ahhhh brilliant! Thank you very much!! ^_^ It will probably be a book I buy as a treat. I love reading. =)

"Well obviously it's not meant to be taken literally; it refers to any manufacturers of dairy products."

EriTheHedgehog, level 0 Wood elf. Druid at heart, training with the adventurers.

Challenge 1: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42099-watch-out-world-eris-coming-to-getcha/

Ah yeah, books are great! It's part of my resolution this year that I will read more during the coming year, can't wait to do so! Already finished the first book of the year just now, last part of Hunger Games trilogy. Books are awesome so go for it! :)

Chubby Half Elf - Adventurer

Level 0

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Challenge 1 | 2 | 3

Good job Eri with the goals! I've found that the "everyday" goals are much harder to stick to (due to the frequency of them) than my other goals, but as they say "90% of success is showing up".

What kind of blog do you have? What kinds of topics are you writing about?

I love reading, I read the Wool books by Hugh Howey, and Ready Player One by Earnest Cline last year and were some of my favorites! I'm currently working on the stack of Comics I've collected so that I can get back to the next series of books after Wool (I think it's called Dust or Shift).

Looking forward to seeing your progress!

P.S. Thanks Wondertje, that tip about the link really helped! I'd been going into the code and using trial and error to get it to come out how I would like, but it's nice to know there's an actual tool to do the same thing with less effort!

Mangostrike
Race: Stone Troll | Class: Ranger
[Level: 3 | STR 6 | DEX 2.5 | STA 6.25 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5 ]
Battle Log 1-First-Blood 2-Nerf-Herder 3-A-New-Hope 4-Get-Angry

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Main Quest: To prove to myself that I'm capable of sticking to a new habit. (This isn't a cop-out, I promise, but I know if I try and set fitness goals without sorting other things out first, I'm going to fail).

I clicked on your link to read your quest...and your line above is how I feel...just want to stick to it!  Good luck!

Thank you guys! In response to your question MangoStrike, I blog mainly prose and poetry. I don't think I'm that good, but I figure writing is like exercising, you can't let the muscles waste away. =) tgromig, I'm glad I'm not the only one, I think it's better not to try to run before you can walk. =)

Also, I shall check out those books MangoStrike (I love book recommendations!)

Right. I had planned to get up early and go for a run, but the weather looked grotty and I woke up in a REM cycle, so I felt rubbish. Went back to sleep. Got up, and just did my first 20 Minute Hotel Workout. On Easy. And I've found muscles I didn't know I had. However, I have stuck to my word and I've done the workout. I managed 3 reps in the time given. Pretty pleased with myself. ^_^ Now to just stick to my other two missions!!

Thank you so much Admin! Sorry about that, didn't think! ^_^

Guuuuuuys! I woke up this morning and I ACHE! I know I sound like a total wimp, but I'm not sure I'm actually capable of jogging today. I feel like I'm made of very painful jelly! Do you reckon a 20 minute walk would suffice today? It's still moving, and it's most definitely more than I did before I started my challenge. Does anyone have any other suggestions for exercise when I'm feeling this achy?

Thank you muchly. I shall take a walk this afternoon. =)

Ahhh everyone! If you eat bacon, you've all gotta try this bacon and sweet potato hash that Staci wrote about on the blog. It's insanely good! Seriously! So glad I went all the way to the supermarket to buy the stuff for it.

Thanks dayzee84. =) I went for my walk, and you're right, it's helped loads. Love the display pic btw. ^_^

Did another proper workout today, aching slightly less (or maybe I'm getting used to aching!) But today I'm struggling with the fruit and veg thing... Hmmm. I'm going to grab some grapes.

Much better thank you! ^_^ I'm going for a run later tonight, looking forward to that, I know my cardio could do with some work. I don't wanna go swimming at the moment, the pool is always packed in January. =P

Sorry to disappoint MangoStrike, but the weather was pretty gross here last night, so I did an indoors workout instead. ^_^ Haha a PR for running? I'd actually have to RUN to have a PR in running. XD I reckon this will be a spring thing, the UK is having some soggy (and by soggy I mean floody) weather at the moment (not a patch on America's crisis, I know!) But either way, I'm not about to go wading through some of the epic puddles we've got going on around here. =P Still, managed the workout, and I'm a bit achy this morning. =D Hope everyone else's challenges are going well!!

I just got up after being out super late. Trying to push myself out the door...

I heard all about the UK's flooding (I have family in Somerset). We could really do with some rain here in California!

Posting from mobile.

Mangostrike
Race: Stone Troll | Class: Ranger
[Level: 3 | STR 6 | DEX 2.5 | STA 6.25 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5 ]
Battle Log 1-First-Blood 2-Nerf-Herder 3-A-New-Hope 4-Get-Angry

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Ahhh Somerset! Wonderful part of the UK! And the people there have the grooviest accents! ^_^ Been trekking around a large shopping town today with heavy bags - it's a workout in itself!! And I just had my first potato since I started my challenge (it wasn't a challenge feature) but I'm now fully aware that I don't seem to cope well with starchy foods. I shan't be doing that again in a hurry. I now feel like a sloth. Repenting with some fruit.

Ahhh Somerset! Wonderful part of the UK! And the people there have the grooviest accents! ^_^ Been trekking around a large shopping town today with heavy bags - it's a workout in itself!! And I just had my first potato since I started my challenge (it wasn't a challenge feature) but I'm now fully aware that I don't seem to cope well with starchy foods. I shan't be doing that again in a hurry. I now feel like a sloth. Repenting with some fruit.

Heh. Somerset accents. Somerset people.

We do be seen as something rural down West Country; Oi'm not quite sure why, but Oi'm sure Oi'll figure it out dreckly me maid. Ooar. Comboine 'arvesters, coider and wurzels. :P

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

]"When all treasures are tried . . . truth is the fairest." - Langland

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines