Most wanted Assassins list

Nuala

Well deserved everyone, congratulations! The big question is what are you going to do in week 2 to top this?

Yep, that's the spirit! I will never stop wanting and working to improve! 

Wow, looks like I need to up my game!

Congrats to all those who are wanted :P

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Congrats to all of you, you're doing awesome.

Half-Giant Assassin Level 9

Current Challenge: Move

Past Challenges: First Challenge, Read the Prophecy, Follow the Prophecy, Get Serious Again, Upside Down, Running, Build a Bridge, Make it Fun,

"I have not failed 10,000 times; I have successfully found 10,000 ways that don't work." - Thomas Edison

"I don't want to do it, therefore I must!" - Me

"If we win because we are a winner then when we lose it must make us a loser." - Josh Waitzkin

So looking forward to Camp Nerd Fitness, really hope I'll get to meet some fellow assassin there. Might have to be top secret though.

Assassin_Crest_320.png

A S S A S S I N S   U N C L O A K E D

Featuring this week...obax

photo-11959.jpg?_r=1356933541

Current challenge: obax gets serious (again) 

obax recently passed her police exam and is now waiting to be hired by her police force of choice. Lucky for us this gave her some time for this interview. Here we go!

Abtacha:

Hi obax! First off, congratulations on your passed police exam! It's great to see fellow assassins achieve their goals. How did you go about setting up your challenges in order to help you achieve your goals? Did you have someone to help you i.e. someone you knew who did the tests before you or did you figure it out alone?

obax:

I pretty much figured it out on my own. Every force has a publication available that's basically 'So, You Wanna Be a Cop?' that details what the requirements are. It focuses pretty heavily on the physical aspect, since I think that's the biggest challenge for a lot of people, especially women. But as far as my actual training went, it was a lot of trial and error, and some common sense (eg. the best way to train for a running test is to run, whether I hate it or not). Once it got closer to the actual test date, I sought out some help from various sources to practice the test itself, since there's not really a way to simulate that at home, but mostly I just do my own thing.

I've also been training alone for the most part. I've got lots of cheerleaders on the sidelines, which is great, but no one to actually train with. It's a challenge with respect to motivation, it'd be so much easier if I had to meet someone for a run or something, since I'd never let the other person down, but it is what it is.

As for setting up my challenges, I found what worked and then made my challenges more about consistency and focus than trying new things or achieving specifical things. My goals have always been 'Do the Best I Can at This Thing, Consistently' rather than 'Achieve This Time' or 'Lift This Much Weight'. Which doesn't mean I didn't have times or whatever in mind that I wanted to achieve, I definitely did have goals like that, but that wasn't the most important part for me. Consistency is absolutely the thing I struggle with most, so that's my focus until I'm officially hired, and will probably still be a focus afterwards too.

Abtacha:

Wow, you really put a lot of thought into your training. Now that you achieved your main quest, to pass the police exam, what keeps you going? Is there anything else you're working towards? Maybe something you always wanted to be able to do?

obax:

At the moment I'm in a bit of a holding pattern. I have to redo the physical test every 6 months to maintain my qualifications, and without those qualifications I can't be hired (the testing process, as intense as it is, is really just the tip of the iceberg). I've applied to the force that's my #1 choice and am currently waiting/hoping to be called for an interview. And the interview process is long and complicated too, so I have to continue to maintain my qualifications through all of that as well. If I'm lucky, I'll only have to do the test once more, if not I'll be doing it every 4-6 months for the next 3 years (which is when the other qualificaitons expire, and I've kind of decided that if I don't get hired by the end of 3 years, it's probalby wise to change directions). So my current challenge is about getting myself back to where I was before and ready to to do the test again in April, and in general my main quest is to keep myself at a level where the test continues to be doable. Getting hired as a police officer really is my absolute main focus, and everything else takes a back seat if/when necessary.

Other than that, though, my main passions are hockey and indoor rock climbing. I don't really have any specific goals with either of those at the moment, getting and keeping myself in shape will help with both of those things in general. I just want to be consistent with my climbing and progress will come as a matter of course. Once I'm hired, that will probably change, but I don't want to risk splitting my focus too much and letting the things I need to do for the physical test slide. I know myself well enough to know that that's exactly what will happen. I have vague goals of being able to do a proper pushup and a proper pullup some day, and I work semi-consistently towards those, but even that is somewhat of a side quest.

Abtacha:

You really have your work cut out for you for the next few month at least. Sometimes maintenance is harder than achieving your goal. Consistency is the key like you said before.

What's your level 50? Can you give us a sneak peak?

obax:

I have absolutely no idea. I don't tend to look too far in the future, especially not when I've got a more immediate goal to be worked on. I have this idea that one day I'll be settled, with a good job and a good house and maybe a dog, and then I can start aiming high, but until then, I keep things small. I don't know if that is a realistic thing to think will happen, or how long that might take, but my life is so much in limbo at the moment, it's hard to even think about that sort of thing. I suppose there are lots of things I'd like to do 'one day', but nothing really fitness-related, at least not yet. There may be some climbing-related big goals at some point, but I'm still so new at it I don't even really know what to aim for.

Abtacha:

Hopefully you'll be out of limbo soon and can work in your dream job!  :)

Do you have any words of wisdom or inspiration for your fellow assassins?

obax:

Do what scares you.

This path that I'm on is terrifying in its unknown-ness, but once I decided that I was going to do it anyway, it was incredibly freeing. I've always been scared of new things, but learning to climb, for example, pales in comparison to the life changes I'm trying to make. There have been quite a few things in the past year where I was initially hesitant but then thought 'If I can become a cop, I can do anything', and then did it anway. It really has changed all aspects of my life, even if I end up being unsuccessful in my goal, the changes I've made to my attitude about things will only be a positive influence in my life.

Abtacha:

That's a great way to live your life! Thank you for your time and words! Thank you for the interview.

• Like 2

- Abtacha -

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4

"Conquer yourself and the world lies at your feet."

"Take care of your body as if you were going to live forever, and take care of your soul as if you were going to die tomorrow."

- Saint Ausgustine -

WHOOOOOOOOO!! Congrats to you, Obax!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Most Wanted assassins #2

Freddymcfred_wanted.jpg

Freddy Mc Fred the bartender: Personal record for making one set of 11 pullups!

Last seen: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42744-freddymcfred-turns-the-prophecy-upside-down/

maxcurtis_wanted.jpg

Max Curtis, says no no no no. 3x7 negative pull-ups

Last seen: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/43031-max-imizing-winter/

RunswithScissors_wanted.jpg

RunswithScissors the mathematician. Did 150 back squats

Last seen: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42599-runswithscissors-cuts-the-crap-again/

Harika_wanted.jpg

Harika the madassassin: Upped her game to 10 burpees in one set.

Last seen: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42369-the-quotidian-banal-adventures-of-rika/

sylph_wanted.jpg

Sylph the acrobat: Levelled up in her aerial class, from beginner to intermediate

Last seen: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/41867-sylph-takes-flight/

• Like 2

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Awesome job, Assassins! :D

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines