Lilith the Chubby Kitten - A Story of Reaching Higher Heights

Lilith

Lilith Level 2 Kitten (definitely not yet a Cat, or Tiger, or...)

tumblr_my44wnNTRu1sy6a4vo1_500.gif

Main quest: Kitteh wants to climb higher and higher!

Lilith, the chubby little kitten puts her claws into a new adventure, quite literally! She, and her brother and sister kittens are growing fast! So fast mommy cat can't always keep up with all their little tricks and adventures. Lilith is especially great at happily pouncing out of sight - just a little longer each and every time. 

Her slightly bigger brother, Ravi, challenges Lilith ever so often. They are the two oldest, boldest, most adventurous of the bunch and there's a constant struggle to be better! Lilith hisses at Ravi, as he's prowling after her. "Leave me alone! I have lots of stuff to do - ALONE!" and off she was. She had discovered a love for climbing things, as she's not quite the jumper yet. Whenever she was on a new high object, higher than the last, she felt like a fierce Tiger, or no, Lion! RAAAAAAAWRRRRR. 

There it was, a new obstacle! .... THE FLUFFY PILLOW! Lilith squints her eyes in concentration, and...

tumblr_my7jph719C1t873nbo1_400.gif

Meow. *sadface*  Didn't go quite as expected. 

Ravi, of course, parades just a bit higher than her, on a big soft chair. Grrrrrrr. (Lilith is getting quite the growling practice!) She has a plan, though. What if she got so good at climbing she could feed herself... Instead of waiting to be fed.... She would be the litter's heroine! 

tumblr_my2u1xsJ8L1rmegdco1_400.gif

I have to keep on trying, Lilith thought. Practice makes purrrrfect!

In order to help my alter ego Lilith, I will have to work on my climbing skills, and get better! In order to do that I have three goals. 

Goal 1: Workout  - Kitteh loves being busy! 

Workout 5 times a week, of which one should be actual climbing (bouldering or toprope). Workout can be anything: strenght training, Insanity, ZWOWs, other bodyweight circuits, HIIT, running, pilates. Mostly it will be bodyweight training, or with some of the makeshift weights I have, because I only workout at home. Why not climb more often than once a week? Simple, I simply don't have the money to do that. This is already stretching my budget (usually I go every other week). 

Goal 2: Climbing Skill Practice - Little kittens want to grow skills!

Work on various skills that help with climbing - 4 times a week. 

This can be: 

- Working on grip strength

- Working on pullups

- Working on mobility

- Working on flexibility/yoga

- Working on balance (slackline, indoboard, anything) 

- Working on pistol squats

Goal 3: Walking - Wanderlust, and adventure seeking! 

Walk as much as possible! This will help with the epic quest, which is stated further down below. I challenge myself to walk at least 100km during the challenge. I will track this with gps and I will not map my 'normal' walking throughout the day, only hikes in the forest or otherwise purposefully going on a walk. If I happen to exceed my expectations I will just add another 100km bar! Lets see how many I get to fill up ;)

100%
100%

3.3%
3.3%

Week 1 

Workouts 5/5

Skill practice 4/4

Week 2

Workouts 5/5

Skill practice 4/4

Week 3 

Workouts 4/5

Skill practice 4/4

Week 4 

Workouts 4/5

Skill practice 4/4

Week 5

Workouts 5/5

Skill practice 5/4

Week 6 

Workouts 5/5

Skill practice 4/4

Grading

All three goals count equally. 

Goal 1: No workout missed is A, for every 2 workouts missed I lose 1 grade. 

Goal 2: No skill practice missed is A, for every 1 skill practice missed I lose 1 grade. 

Goal 3: Complete the 100km = A, every 10km less I lose 1 grade. 

Epic quest: From 73kg to 54kg

This is definitely the ultimate motive behind all these challenges. However, I choose not to focus on weightloss or food right now. I'm recovering from binge eating disorder, and tracking those on the challenges, I noticed last time, was very triggering for me. I would rather challenge myself on what my body can DO rather than how it looks. I'm not going to post weigh-ins, but in my signature you can follow my journey to a healthy weight. 

Looking forward to smashing this challenge with all of you! 

CatWave.gif

Lilith's Catty Story

part 1: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39452-lilith-a-chubby-kitten-looking-to-lose-weight/  (conclusion of the story at the end with the challenge summary) 

• Like 2

Hi! Great goals for yourself! I'm a climber, too, although I haven't been climbing in far too long. One thing the gym I usually goes to offers is a 10 class pass. Its expensive at first, but you end up paying for 9 classes and getting the 10th free, so there is a definite savings.

Good luck!

Oh and PS - I love your bars! What a great way of monitoring your progress!

Oh great, I'm liking you more and more! Climbers unite! I have those 10 passes too, it makes it a little more affordable at least. :) Where I live I can't really climb outside though (never done that, but will this summer!) not that I mind I love climbing indoors but it makes it more expensive too. Especially after December. 

I love my bars too! I found them because I was jealous of everyone else on here having great bars. You should use bars too! Find an excuse! *grins* 

heehee, love your challenge.Can't wait to see Lilith climb new heights...or at least tackle that pillow :) 

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

heehee, love your challenge.Can't wait to see Lilith climb new heights...or at least tackle that pillow :) 

Haha yes, I'm curious as well to what heights she's going to climb! Pretty sure she'll be able to tackle that pillow. I'm super excited to climb more! 

Okay, came for the climbing, am staying for the kitten cuteness. I love how many climber assassins we've got!

Awww, that's sweet to say! I'll be checking in with you aswell, everyone who climbs is a source of knowledge to me because I'm a noobie! It's great there are many climbers here! I'm slowly finding a few which is really nice!

Also I just found out about this sorcery of multiquote! Amazingsauce

Kittehs! 

Your goals are AWESOME.

I need to do more climbing and hope to get some done this challenge! 

One thing I found that motivates me to walk/run is doing the whole 'Walk to Mordor' thing or generally having a goal, like walking once through your country/county/state/region/whateveryouchoose. It just gave me that kick in the butt I needed sometimes when I thought "Oh hey, just 2 more kilometers then I'll reach this goal along the way."

I can't wait to follow your progress. :)

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

ApfelStrudi is out of control

Kittehs! 

Your goals are AWESOME.

I need to do more climbing and hope to get some done this challenge! 

One thing I found that motivates me to walk/run is doing the whole 'Walk to Mordor' thing or generally having a goal, like walking once through your country/county/state/region/whateveryouchoose. It just gave me that kick in the butt I needed sometimes when I thought "Oh hey, just 2 more kilometers then I'll reach this goal along the way."

I can't wait to follow your progress. :)

I can't wait to show myself and you all my progress! I'm really going to put the full 100% in this time! I have a big goal, because on my bucketlist is partaking in the Fjallraven Classic. http://www.fjallraven.com/classic That is not going to happen in 2014, because you need to REALLY be able to hike long distances with backpack, and you need basic camping skills and gears (I currently have neither) but that motivates a lot! We also take hikes in the forest (around 10km ish usually) which I love and is motivation in itself! 

What will you be doing for grip strength?  I know that my sledgehammer training has improved grip by a lot.  Also, you might wanna check out a rice bucket.

Rice bucket? What about a rice bucket? Sounds random but interesting!

I plan to do deadhangs (goes nicely along with pullups), farmer walks, heavy deadlifts. I'm hoping for a Beastmaker 1000, we MIGHT buy it if my boyfriend makes a frame to hang it from (our walls and doorposts are not strong enough, and outside we can't drill because we rent). 

That hike looks amazing! What a great goal to work toward!

I will add bars... I just need to figure out what to track! LOL

And outdoor climbing can be done in lots of places. I live in Toronto and we have some good climbing about an hour or so away on the escarpment. Its about 45 - 60 feet high, so not a huge climb, but still fun. I've only been outdoors once, but I really enjoyed it. Ask people in your gym - I'm sure they'll have suggestions!

• Like 1

Subbing for the dopey smiles at all the kittens. And because I recognize this; 

However, I choose not to focus on weightloss or food right now. I'm recovering from binge eating disorder, and tracking those on the challenges, I noticed last time, was very triggering for me. I would rather challenge myself on what my body can DO rather than how it looks. I'm not going to post weigh-ins, but in my signature you can follow my journey to a healthy weight. 

Good luck!

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

That hike looks amazing! What a great goal to work toward!

I will add bars... I just need to figure out what to track! LOL

And outdoor climbing can be done in lots of places. I live in Toronto and we have some good climbing about an hour or so away on the escarpment. Its about 45 - 60 feet high, so not a huge climb, but still fun. I've only been outdoors once, but I really enjoyed it. Ask people in your gym - I'm sure they'll have suggestions!

I know right! I think the nature there is so beautiful, it is from what I've seen anyway! I will ask around, but really, I do think it's for a reason there's not much of an outdoor climbing scene here. Kind of a flat country. :)

Subbing for the dopey smiles at all the kittens. And because I recognize this; 

Good luck!

Awww, sweet! Also, I'm really curious. Have you recovered or is it still a weakness of yours? 

I love all of the kittens, though they illicit a far too girly awwwww from me every time haha.

Good luck, you look like you're doing amazing and I cannot wait to see the outcomes from this. Subbed! I shall be pestering you for updates you'll see!

That's great, I love to be held accountable! You can be mean too, if I don't do something I said I would. :)

Hmm I'm not sure I have it in me to be mean. But I'll post a stern letter! haha

You make me smile :) 

cat-happy-smile_large.jpg

There, have a chubby, happy kitty face with derpy camera distortion. 

Awww, sweet! Also, I'm really curious. Have you recovered or is it still a weakness of yours? 

Focusing on other things, mainly sport performance has really helped. Also for 10 out of 12 months in 2013 I decided not to give any fucks about dieting and that was quite the experience- really helped put things into perspective. I did do things like try to get a regular schedule- eat healthy, prepare food in advance to reduce stress etc- but not care at all how much I was eating.

This challenge I'm tracking tho! Curious to see how it'll go :)

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Yay, another climber! I feel ya on it being expensive, I can only sort of afford it, I had to give up a few other things to fit it into my budget, but it's worth it. My gym has a monthly membership rate that lets me climb as often as I want for the same amount each month. They also offered a variety of payment options (ie. pay all at once, pay monthly, etc.) so that it can be as affordable as possible for as many people as possible, which I definitely appreciate.

I second the rice bucket as being a surprisingly intense workout for the wrists/forearms/grip. Here's a link to an article in a climbing magazine about it, at the bottom of the article, if you click on the picture of the guy holding the bucket, it'll take you to a youtube video of the workout. It's a little hokey with the martial arts theme, but the workout is a good one. Also, thanks for (indirectly) reminding me this is a thing! I'm officially adding it into my challenge (again)!!

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Focusing on other things, mainly sport performance has really helped. Also for 10 out of 12 months in 2013 I decided not to give any fucks about dieting and that was quite the experience- really helped put things into perspective. I did do things like try to get a regular schedule- eat healthy, prepare food in advance to reduce stress etc- but not care at all how much I was eating.

This challenge I'm tracking tho! Curious to see how it'll go :)

Yes, your way sounds like the way to go. It's kind of what I'm doing too, have some form of structure in what I eat, everything 'sensible' portion and choice wise but not really measured or calculated. More in the sense of "well a whole loaf of bread for lunch would not be something a normal person eats". Prepare food in advance is great actually, that will save a lot of time because I do like eating veggies etc for lunch! It's nice having you around, it makes me feel better that there are people who have been through the same thing. 

I second the rice bucket as being a surprisingly intense workout for the wrists/forearms/grip. Here's a link to an article in a climbing magazine about it, at the bottom of the article, if you click on the picture of the guy holding the bucket, it'll take you to a youtube video of the workout. It's a little hokey with the martial arts theme, but the workout is a good one. Also, thanks for (indirectly) reminding me this is a thing! I'm officially adding it into my challenge (again)!!

Wow you guys, I don't know how but for some reason your combined efforts make me really enthusiastic about... Rice. Thanks for the link I'm reading through it right now! 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines