therealkat :: Pressing Reset

thekatisalie

I am cutting out the flashy bells and whistles and just going at this challenge. It will be harder, since I am out of the country for 8 days of it, but I want to do this.

MAIN QUEST: Reset myself so I don't burn out and can make a real life change in 2014.

Goal 1: Go to yoga at least once a week. I don’t even care where. Go to Alison’s class. Go to the gym. Go to Tula in Saint Paul. Just… find a class and try it out.

Goal 2: Stick to the new meal plan. This sadly means no beer Monday – Thursday. Try to make breakfast, lunch and dinner 400 calories each and make sure you sneak a 100-150 calorie snack in twice a day. Five smaller meals total. FILL IT WILL GOOD THINGS. Yogurt, veggies, fruits... nothing processed.

Goal 3: Clean and rearrange the kitchen and the craft room. Two rooms, six weeks, you got this.

Life Quest: Make something from scratch each week. Almond butter, yogurt, a craft project… Create.

Fitness Side Quest: Start the Couch to 10k in preparation for 2014’s running season. Go slow. Take it easy. No pressure. Try for twice a week, but listen to the ankle. It will say when to stop.

Grading:

Did I go to a yoga class? 1 point (6 available, plus extra credit)

Did I use c210k? 1 point (12 available)

Did I make progress in the kitchen/craft room? 1 point (5 per week, 30 available)

Did I make something new? 1 point (6 available)

Total points: 54 available
Points earned:

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: therealkat :: a witty challenge title appears!

MyFitnessPal || Strava || Endomondo || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay. And I'm on Facebook

Why are you leaving for 8 days?  Vacation I hope.  Sounds like a good attitude to have with this challenge.

Yep! Getting the hell out of this -22 weather in Minnesota to soak up some sun for a bit. I plan to run while on the cruise. They have a great fitness center and the running track is outside on the top deck. I can't wait to run outside again!

I'm allowed to be jelly, right? ;)

Sounds good. I'm with you on taking things down a notch for this challenge. Seems to be a common trend.

/following~

Always a fan of simple, taking a step back goals. Have a blast on your cruise!

In like a lamb...? Or something like that, right? Hello, January!

I just did some DYWM from their 30 Day Challenge, sicil! Yaaaay!!!

Kitty is doing well, finally. I am holding my breath, since we will be gone for a week and I won't be able to monitor him. We have someone watching him, and a medical release all ready in case of emergency... But we have had a full week and a half with no problems. He did go back into the vet at the end of the last challenge. He got into his sister kitty's food and we had to start all over again.

DAY ONE:
Welcome to Hoth

Right now, it is warmer in both the North Pole, Alaska, AND in central Antarctica. I forgot my gym bag at home. I am not going home to get it and then leaving my house again tonight. Once that car is back in the garage it is staying there. This -23 degree stuff is total BS and I don’t have a tauntaun.

It’s okay, though. I still have the rest of the week… If I don’t get sucked in to packing and shopping for the cruise. I just hate the cold so much. So very, very much. It makes me want to be a bear and hibernate. I can live on my fat reserves, I bet.

I have a plan for food this week, and I am hoping to shed five pounds before we leave so I feel a little more comfortable. I bought a tankini because my stomach makes me want to cry right now. Here’s the meal plan:

Naked juice with protein/multi vitamin powder for breakfast. Oatmeal for midday snack, big ass chopped salad for lunch, protein bar for midafternoon snack, normal dinner. Apples and water in between, should I be starving. Cross your fingers for me.

I want to make progress in the kitchen this week, but I have someone house sitting, and I feel that cleaning their room and the rest of the house before they come in and deem me a slob would be better. I am still going to count it, since my real overall goal is to organize the house better.

I’m off to the frozen tundra to try and keep warm

I love tankinis. Not just because they hide some of our most disliked parts of our bodies, but they're actually a little more modest in general and I personally find that to be more flattering at times. What color did you go for?

This cold can go to hell. Pajama pants FOREVER.

Pixie Ranger Drunk on Tea~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Eek that temperature sounds awful!  Have you thought about leaving like a spare gym bag in car?  I love the yoga goal!  I plan to do some sort of Yoga this weekend, havent decided on a video yet.  Do you have any suggestions for a newbie?

I cannot believe the temperatures in the midwest! Stay warm!

It was this cold when I was in grade school ...fairly normally for a week or so in January. It's amazing how much has changed in 17 years!

I love tankinis. Not just because they hide some of our most disliked parts of our bodies, but they're actually a little more modest in general and I personally find that to be more flattering at times. What color did you go for?

This cold can go to hell. Pajama pants FOREVER.

Teal! It's really low cut in the front, which the hubs likes... but my tatas are all over the place no matter what I do. :D

Eek that temperature sounds awful!  Have you thought about leaving like a spare gym bag in car?  I love the yoga goal!  I plan to do some sort of Yoga this weekend, havent decided on a video yet.  Do you have any suggestions for a newbie?

I like the 30 day challenge Sicil posted. I do 2-3 at a time and feel I get a good stretch in! DoYogaWithMe.com has great stuff, too! I have thought about leaving a spare bag in my car. But then I remembered those clothes will be FRIGID when I go to put them on...

Tame the boobs! \o/

Teal is definitely a great swimsuit color. Makes me think tropical weather. Which is a necessity with these below zero temps. Especially considering this sunshine is so damned deceptive!

• Like 2

Pixie Ranger Drunk on Tea~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Good luck, Kat! Sounds like a well-planned challenge, and with a nice reward in the middle. I honestly don't know how anyone even leaves their house when it's that cold. Cra. Zy.

• Like 1

Level 7 Ranger, Perpetual Newbie

Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?

Mary Oliver

DAY TWO:
Hoth, Revisited

Still very, very cold. -14 this morning. I am starting to panic about the cruise. I spent an hour trying to confirm whether or not we actually HAD flights, despite having paid for them, since the airline website said our confirmation was invalid. I've planned our day trips and I'm really getting excited. Must leave room in the suitcase for all the rum and beer I am bringing back ;)

No gym last night, but numerous runs up and down the stairs as I started laundry, dinner, and cleaning for our house sitter all at once. It was insane. SO MUCH TO DO STILL! I may miss our company holiday party just to get everything done if I can't get to Target tonight for the basic toiletries we need. I should start planning my packing, too. Much lighter this go around, so I have more room for goodies to bring home.

No yoga, either. I am four days behind in the daily yoga challenge, but I will catch up.

Eating was good. Followed my plan... until I got home. I wanted all the Christmas cookies that were left OUT OF THE HOUSE. So we ate them. Now that they are gone, the rest of the week should go as planned.

Slight progress in the kitchen. I plan to post photos of the projects in there I start (along with the craft room). Just not right now... because EVERYTHING else needs to get done!

AH travel arrangements. I love/hate them. Just think about how much better you'll feel once you're successfully aboard that flight! :)

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

STR 6.5 | DEX 15 | STA 12 | CON 10.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 8.5

Current Challenge: Lucky In Love

#4 Finding Zen#3: Preparations For Battle | #2: Ninja School | #1: Lapsed Ninja

"You're welcome on my boat. God ain't." - Firefly

Yeah... So they gave me a confirmation number for the travel agency, not the airline. So then they tell me that US Airways and American have merged, so that might mean my number doesn't work... so I call the travel agency back and boom. Right number. All is well. THANK GOD because I nearly threw up out of stress.

Awesome news!  so glad you have 1 less stress.  Its funny how stressful planning a vacation can be!  Just imagine, you will soon be relaxing and enjoying yourself.

My hubs deemed me the "world's best traveler" because I freak out and plan everything down to the second we have arrived and can start relaxing. I even have an itinerary book with all our passports and other legal documents we may need should we get stranded or lose our passports... However last time, I lost our book within five minutes of getting on board. It was returned to us the last day. ><

Have fun on your trip! From what I've heard, if you can avoid the temptations, you can do a cruise and still be healthy about it. Allow yourself some slack so you can enjoy it, but be careful you don't go "what the hell" and completely fall off the fitness wagon.

• Like 1

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines