nightlight is getting her head back on. seriously, this time.

nightlight

That's an awesome question: are you acting in fear or love? That one's going to stick with me. :)

Me too. Nightlight shines her light on me almost every day, but this... this has stuck with me more than anything.

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

funny-pictures-cat-charges-you-five-cent

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

funny-pictures-cat-charges-you-five-cent

I went to this doctor. prescribed belly rubs daily. surprisingly effective.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

how was kay?

Lots of fun.  She was definitely shaking the rust off a bit.  But, it was really good to see her perform.  It was nice to hear a bunch of Cleo tracks too.

But, it's so weird to see her on stage playing with USA.  I can barely stand to be at the same soccer field as my ex, let alone playing music together.

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

yesterday's workout:

8 min to build to a 2RM Power Clean and Push Jerk

33x1 (2 reps obvs) 

53x1

73x1

83x1

93x1

103x1

113x.5 i got one rep, but got lazy and didn't hook grip on the second rep and lost it. i felt like someone said this:

toepick.gif

i was also dizzy and pukey. so much that sydney bristow (asshat's bff) said "d, you look pale." 

then, 3xME power clean + push jerk at 80% of above, rest 60 sec between sets.

since i felt pukey, i just did 83lbs, and capped my ME at 5 reps. 

WOD

30 unbroken wall balls

rest 2:1

20 unbroken wall balls

50 burpees

20 unbroken wall balls

30 unbroken wall balls

13:49, with an 8lb wall ball. Sydney Bristow had a bad hip that is acting up, and you know, i'm weaksauce, so we did 8lb. if i had to do RX, i would have died. i got an ab cramp. it was really weird. and we had to do the wall balls unbroken, or everyone in class had to do extra burpees. 

Today, coached 3 classes. (demo'd lots of power snatches at 65lbs, and box jumps at 24inches, and wall walks and nose and toes) then:

drop snatches:

33x3

53x3

63x3x2

73x3x5

my back didn't like these very much. i think it was more weight on my spine in the back rack. oy.

split squats w/ 10kg in each hand

3x5 on each leg

ring rows focus on lats

3x5 (these were humbling) 

then everything hurt and i was hungry. it was 3:30 and tin_man and i ate breakfast at 10am.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

also, i'm having a really bad night.

like. crying at the drop of a hat night. 

don't read the spoiler unless you're ready for tears and lots of stupid feelings.

i just want the feeling of being kicked when i'm down to go away. i want to believe that when my friends say i'm really awesome, that they mean it. i want to believe that i am awesome. but right now, i feel not awesome. i feel lonely and sad the only people i want to come and hug me and make it better are people who could care less that i even exist. and i hate that. i hate that i'm so weak. i hate that i can tell other people to be great, and go out there and don't give up, but here i sit; pretty much giving up. i wonder what i did wrong to deserve this. and then i feel even more awful because i have a great life. i have amazing friends. i have a good job that pays the bills. i have two part time jobs that i love. i'm pretty healthy, my family is healthy.  but then i just can't be happy with that. the things i want so much, the things i have always wanted, i just can never seem to have. i'm always alone. and when i put it all on the line? as i do always? it doesn't fucking matter. i'm tired of being told that things will be work out. and that someone is out there. i'm almost 35. i'm done. i'm the happiest single person. i don't NEED anyone. i don't need asshat. but that want? it's sometimes extremely overpowering. and not even for asshat. i've had this dream about the woman i assume i'll marry. i can't see her face in my minds eye.  i know what her hair looks like, and how tall she is, and how she walks. i know what she feels like and sounds like and how i feel. i've been having this dream for over 10 years. and i'm just tired of having had that (like, to a tee, with asshat) and waking up next to that and then having her freak out and go away. i hate that this person i've dreamt about most of my adult life is someone that walked away.  i know i don't want what most people have. i know i want something amazing. and i deserve that. i'm just to fucking tired of waiting and being told that it's out there. because it just seems like a lie.

and no, asshat has not done anything. i haven't seen her. or heard from her.

i just want to go to sleep and wake up in the morning when it will be better. i can't sleep. and i can't stop crying.

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Wow. I'm sorry, hun. :(

I actually have something to say to that, but I have this thing where I don't give my opinion unless somebody asks for it. It's a thing.

If you want, I'd be more than happy to PM you my number (or FB). If not. .. well, maybe we'll get to know each other better some day and we can chat then. Ill just leave you with the knowledge that you ARENT ALONE. (feeling that way)

*hugs*

Oh, also.... What's a drop snatch? (And don't say something dirty...harharhar)

There is nothing wrong with wanting a partner type person for a while or forever. 

Being fulfilled otherwise doesn't mean you don't want or need that type of companionship. 

It's really okay to want that.

• Like 2

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

This kind of stuff is more my speed and I find it very useful. Not sure if you will, but I shall go out on a limb...

http://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/cc-the-suffering-of-our-privilege/

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

<3

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Wow. I'm sorry, hun. :(

I actually have something to say to that, but I have this thing where I don't give my opinion unless somebody asks for it. It's a thing.

If you want, I'd be more than happy to PM you my number (or FB). If not. .. well, maybe we'll get to know each other better some day and we can chat then. Ill just leave you with the knowledge that you ARENT ALONE. (feeling that way)

*hugs*

Oh, also.... What's a drop snatch? (And don't say something dirty...harharhar)

*hugs*

That fucking blows. 

I don't have anything that lends itself to the written word, but if you'd like a phone call (or a stiff drink at tttt), let me know. :)

I am so sorry. I wish there was something I could say that would help, but I know there isn't

If you ever want to just rant at somebody, feel free to send me a PM.

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way, and hoping you found some peace this morning after an awful night. :/

There is nothing wrong with wanting a partner type person for a while or forever. 

Being fulfilled otherwise doesn't mean you don't want or need that type of companionship. 

It's really okay to want that.

This kind of stuff is more my speed and I find it very useful. Not sure if you will, but I shall go out on a limb...

http://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/cc-the-suffering-of-our-privilege/

I'm sorry this is so hard. I hope it gets better.

<3

Ugh. My little heart hurts for you. If you need anything, know where to find me. I've been there, I know sometimes just talking through it helps. (And other times, talking makes it worse, so your call.)

❤️

*HUGS*

thanks for all of the love, nerds. 

it helps. 

cheechoe, i'll explain drop snatches when i get home from the box tonight.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

i'll explain drop snatches when i get home from the box tonight.

*Giggles*

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

says the man with a pregnant wife.

you should be very familiar with drop snatchin'. ;)

• Like 2

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

drop snatch: 

today's WOD:

warm up:

pvc pass throughs

10 ohs w/ pvc

duck walks

duck hops

sideways duck hops

30 sec split jerk hold

45sec split jerk hold

bbg:

5x5 jerk balances

2 sets at 33

3 sets at 53

12 min to build to 1RM clean and jerk

33x1

53x1

83x1

103x1

113x1x2

123x fail i was right at the time cap, and my back has been tired, so i just.. didn't try hard enough. 

WOD:

7 rounds of:

1 min max effort wall balls (14lbs) 

20 sec step down box jumps

40 sec rest

137 reps. 

i hate wall balls.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

ingrid michaelson explains my feelings for you:

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines