Day 2 of baseline testing for the nutrition challenge. AKA, cardio day. 

For time: 10:21

1000m row

then

18 - 12 - 6

20# wall balls

burpees

knee tucks

Supposed to be toes to bar instead of knee tucks, but my abs/psoas cramps so hard with that movement, it's not fun. Anywho, just over 10 minutes for a benchmark. I'll say this, that rowing camp I took a few weeks back really played a part here. The change in my rowing form shaves massive amounts of time off that particular movement. Finishing a 1000m row at 3:40 instead of 4:10 is a game changer sometimes. 

I'm glad Rick programmed it like this and didn't stretch it out any more. 10 minutes is about my cardio cap. I'm good with workouts that come in under 10 minutes of whatever. Anything over that and shit starts to fall apart. 

Went and did my bench program w5/d1. This is the last day before going looking for a PR on Thursday. Nice and light day, actually. 

135 x4

155 x4

175 x4

195 x2

205 2x2 1x5

Then I went and had some me time. I spent a little over an hour just mobilizing. Did a lot of hip and shoulder work, big joint action. Digging in with the barbell/peanut and doing some band work for flossing. Felt good. 

Ate damn near the same thing as yesterday. Except, I had a coconut water after lunch. Shit was sugar. Taking off a point for that one. It was pretty gross, to be honest. Not a fan. 

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

Rest day yesterday. Met up with my gaming group and got some quality gaming time in. I got one of the couples Quarkle for Christmas and it has become a much bigger hit than I imagined. It's such a quick game to pick up but the strategy changes every time. 

Didn't sleep enough last night, downside of gaming at someone's house who is two bus rides away. Meh slchept my way through today. I organized a game of Formula D at the office during our lunch hour. Put 5 twitchy computer programmers in a situation where they can drive as fast as possible around a track with dice rolls and watch the hilarity ensue. 3/5 people exploded their cars on the last turn. Only one person actually managed to cross the finish line and it was not me...

Back in the gym tonight. They were doing bench, but today was my max effort bench day. The culmination of the training that Mick has put me through to lead up to the TTTT. Probably didn't warm up properly, didn't spend enough time between attempts, and each lift felt different. What that means is that the training technique has grown weak in this one. Totally CF's fault. And to be honest, I will probably not bench for another 6 months after this upcoming weekend. That's what I've become, a shadow of my former power lifting self. Whatever.

135 x4

155 x4

185 x4

205 x2

215 x1

225 x1

240 x1

255 x1 (15# PR)

260 x0 (spotter had to unpancake me)

Not too shabby. 255 was a little shaky but didn't stop moving up, so I'm happy with it. 260 felt heavy as fuck, my head wasn't right going into it and that's completely my fault. I really liked this Mon/Thurs split on bench. The program didn't have too much volume, but put enough out there to give you a steady ramp up. I'd recommend it.

Went upstairs and did some simple movements to keep warm as I was planning on joining the 6pm class, as I had left the 5pm once they started their strength portion. It would have been another 30-35 minutes of dicking around... but the assistant coach from the 5pm was about to run the WoD by himself so I jumped in with him. Side note on him, I told him on Tuesday that I got 895 for the first test, so he went and figured out what he'd have to lift to beat me. He put up a 900 last night.

3 Rounds For Time

18 Plate Burpees w/ 35# 

12 OverHeadSquats w/ 95#

9:33

This one was a burner and I was falling apart across almost my entire body. Quads tightened up from the OHS, calves cramped the moment I stopped squatting, shoulders and chest were roaring from the previous bench work. What a good workout. 

Went home, made a smoothie out of spinach, frozen mixed berries, some BCAA/Whey, and almond milk. Shit was good. Then ate eggs and paleo bacon over brocolli and brussel sprouts. Nom Nom Nom. This bacon sucks. Just saying, give me my nitrate shit. 

Also, this just happened. 

... I'll say this, that rowing camp I took a few weeks back really played a part here. The change in my rowing form shaves massive amounts of time off that particular movement. Finishing a 1000m row at 3:40 instead of 4:10 is a game changer sometimes. 

You know/remember enough to share those tips?  I'd join you for a session and repay you in beer or bourbon.  (obviously post-paleo challenge)

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

You know/remember enough to share those tips?  I'd join you for a session and repay you in beer or bourbon.  (obviously post-paleo challenge)

There were three things that I took away from this seminar. 

1) How little your upper body moves. If you sit down on the floor, feet straight ahead of you, this greatly resembles the position of the rower, when in full extension. Keep your back completely straight and lean forward till your shoulders are no longer over your hip socket. This is right where my hamstrings start to stop me from leaning any more forward, but for more flexible people, the socket trick helps. Now, lean backwards till your shoulders clear your hips altogether, still maintaining that stiff back. 

When you look at your body mechanics, it's about 5-10 degrees forward and maybe 15-20 degrees backwards. That's the full range of motion for a row. That's all your upper body should be moving. When you let your shoulders go slack, your chest gets proud, and the bottom of your stroke you're only going to be leaning forward about 10 degrees. Any more and you'll lose your core. Hard core the whole time. 

2) How little you actually pull the rope. When you're at the bottom of the pull, you're setup with a proud chest, handle dangling over your shins. To get out of this position, you force all your weight into your heels. You keep your lean forward and shove with your heels as hard as you can. This resembles the motion you make during a clean, incredibly closely. In the second pull of a clean, you don't change your back angle until you have cleared your knees. Except in the row, you don't change your back until your legs are all the way locked. 

Once you've gotten to your full extension in your lower body, core still tight, yank your upper body back to that 15-20 degree position and pull the handle up to your sternum with a jerk. This jerk is literally the only energy exerted by your upper body. That small fast pull is meant to keep the momentum going not to add much more to your actual pull, the legs do all that work. 

3) Once you've hit your chest with the handle, your descent should take two to three times as long as the ascension took. This took a while to get used to, but once you learn to count it out, it gets easier. If you count your moves: explosive pull(1), break at the hip(2), break at the knee(3), reach the bottom of the row(4), then explode again. It starts to make sense and you get a feel for how the descent directly mirrors the ascension as well. All the movements are the same, just reversed.

If you time yourself correctly, you give yourself enough rest on the way back down that you're never winded for the next pull. This allows you to pull harder for longer, and in my CrossFit world, it allows you to get off the rower to move to the next exercise and not want to puke. 

Hope these notes help out anyone who enjoys rowing or just sucks at it and wants to take off a few seconds on their 500m splits. For reference, my comfortable split went from an even 2:00 down to 1:48, that 1:48 is 5 seconds off my previous sprint time. I haven't tried sprinting through it again, but I'm confident I can get low 1:30's. It's that much of a difference. 

• Like 1

Lazy Lifting Saturdays! 

If you follow this thread, you must realize that this is one of my favorite days of the training week. It's the day that I get to go in and do lifts that I know I'm going to love and not have to worry about whatever randomness the CrossFit programming entails. That and it's usually just me and 3-5 people that I'm really comfortable with. 

Last week was a big snatch training day, this week was the clean version. This is good as I'm hoping to do the oly lifts down at TTTT after the PL meet completes. We'll see how that goes though, I may be too beat up by that time. There's also a clean/snatch WoD in the next competition I'm doing as well, so that helps. I don't think I've written about that competition yet, I'll write that up later.

Today's workout:

Clean Segment (1", knee, hip, finish) + Clean Pull 3x3 : 135, 185, 225, 275

Clean and Jerk 5x 3+1 : 155 x2, 175 x2, 185 x2

Clean and Jerk, singles : 205 x2, 225, 245, 255

Snatch Balances 5x3 : 95, 115, 135 x3

Hollow Holds tabata, back and front

Working weights felt good. The singles weren't in the programming, I just felt like going a little heavy today and get some intensity lifts in there. My jerks are still bothersome, I don't feel all that secure if I try to pause in the split for a few seconds. You can see the ugliness in the 255 video. I rushed through that split because I was so off balance.

If you're watching the videos and noticing my caveman drawings on the wall, they're for a reason. The top line is nipple height, the bottom line is about last rib. I was trying to see how high I'm pulling the bar, and it's pretty fucking high. On some of the 3+1 sets, I purposefully cut my pulls short in order to stay close to or below the bottom line. Really working on diving under the bar as I'm rather slow in that area. 

The snatch balances went better than they have in the past. This is a really difficult exercise for me, mentally. I actually wrote on some tape on the wall "Just Drop", as I have a tough time not heaving the bar to get under it. I took a lot of mental coaxing to push myself below the weight instead of popping the weight up and riding it down. So, progress, I guess. 

255 C&J, with some ribbing to the camera..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLP8H8ldXv8

And yes, the shirt says "Lift Something Heavy"

185 C&J 3+1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtHdyET0NJo

205 C&J 3+1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ze0dJqCwyg

Week 1 of the Paleo Challenge, completed. Made it through the week without a drink, which is a big one for me, especially when my team was playing in the NFC Championship last night. Went to the bar with some friends, one of which is a SF fan that I have a bet going with. She now has to wear a SeaHawks jersey in her profile pic on Facebook for the day. Feels good brah.

One of my favorite things from the week is that I gave in and bought some grass fed steaks, to spoil myself mostly. They're so fucking good. Hold on, I have some food pron around here somewhere...

1017514_615383297044_83040546_n.jpg

Mother Fucking Nom Nom.

Anywho, gallon and a half of water a day. 4500mg of Fish Oil. 2 multi vitamins. An extra 500mg of Magnesium. It's working. I'm down 6# so far this week. I may actually be below 200 for TTTT. Corey's gonna want to press me. It's probably going to happen. I told him I'm gonna jerk him. His wife is not even jealous.

On to tonight's workout. It was a little iffy. My eating was weird today. I didn't pack enough for lunch so I ran out and grabbed a pound of nuts and some fruit. I think I just took in too many carbs on the day or something, but on my squats today I was getting a little light headed. And that effected me during the WoD. Wasn't happy about that, will plan better tomorrow.

Strength Portion

6x6 Box Squats

275 2x6, 295 2x6, 315 2x6

I went low bar on these because if you're gonna use box squats as a tool to build your hamstring and glute strength, you might as well go low bar and push it. Haven't gotten into that form in a while, but it's like riding a bike. Pushed the ass back as far as I could, fired the glutes as hard as I could, and popped the bar off my shoulders from how hard I was driving it up.

WoD

3 Rounds for Time

10 Chest to Bar Pull Ups

12 53# KB Snatch

15 24" Box Jumps

Finished in 7:17. That was a burner. Was really happy that I could run through the snatches rather quickly because I know the pulling mechanism so well. And, locking out at the apex saves my wrists/forearms from the bruising that everyone else was complaining about. The box jumps still kill me. I switched from jumping into a full squat and extending to just jumping as close as I could to full extension, making the lock out easier. The C2B were simple enough, worked on really firing the lats and not having to rely on the kip/hip action.

Overall, really fun exercise pairing. Now, to go eat some steaks.

That steak is such a vivid pink, well cooked man, well cooked. subbed. I might copy you and put up some goals for the year instead of challenges.

I got last night's rendition to be just a touch more raw. It was beautiful, it really was. And yeah, I like the big picture nowadays. I'm kind of working out on a competition to competition basis. I swear, the people at my box keep talking me into signing up for more and more of these things. I think I have one every other month for the next 6 months. 

I've been told that I need to be in costume for the one in May. That ought to be fun. 

Back in the gym tonight. This will be the last actual workout that I'll get in before the TTTT. I'll get in on Thursday, but only for a light version of the WoD and some mobility work before getting on the plane. 

We did a pretty specific shoulder night.

5x5 of strict press

135, 135, 115, 115, 135

Didn't feel all that bad. I dropped the weight because we weren't spending enough time on recovery, so they were more and more taxing. We slowed down on the 4/5 sets, so I bumped it back up to 135. 

The WoD was a burner with a partner. 

6 rounds for time, each

250m Row

6 push press @ 135

We finished in 16:37, a pretty good time. We had warmed up with 135 and both thought that it felt heavy that night, so we didn't do the RX of 165. Because, kids, when shit feels heavy, you take a lesson from the barbell and you back off. No reason in going gungho and hurting yourself. That's what gives crossfit a bad name. 

After that, I stuck around for another hour and hit some accessory work to prep myself for Saturday. 

Front Squat Triples @ 135, 135, 185, 185, 225, 225, 255

Deficit RDL x5 @ 135, 185, 225, 275

Floor Presses 8x95, 5x135, 3x2 @ 185

I wrapped my knees for the squats, as I'd been meaning to try this for a while. It's an interesting feeling. I can totally understand why people do it, and I'll probably try to work it in some more, just not on anything heavy yet. I only used ace bandages, but you can still get that tightness in your knee that gives you more of a pop out of the hole the moment you hit parallel. 

RDLs were nice and slow and controlled, just stretching out the hammies. Same with the floor presses, nice and slow, getting the chest opened up. Side note, with my little TRex arms, I can almost get the bar to my chest when I'm on the floor. Kind of funny..

shit.

for some reason i just found your thread.

i need to read it.

i also need to get a MU before 6/14.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

shit.

for some reason i just found your thread.

i need to read it.

i also need to get a MU before 6/14.

well hi there, lady panda! MUs suck.. I've been focusing on DUs, couple minutes of practice after every session. I've been able to string together a few here and there. Progress!

Depending on how beat I am, I might try to push press you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

First day of our 40 day Breadless Bodies Nutritional Challenge. No more beer, no more random shit in the diet, time to get strict paleo for a little over a month. 

Today was our first "test" workout. They've apparently split this up into one day of pure strength movements and one day of pure cardio. I'm dreading tomorrow, but today was Seth's time to shine. 

30 minute running window.

10 minutes to find a snatch 1rm

10 minutes to find a front squat 2rm(off the floor)

10 minutes to find a deadlift 3rm

Nailed my 205 snatch, finally. FUCKING FINALLY. Too bad, it's not body weight. More on that later. Did not know that the front squat was off the floor, that threw me for a loop. I gave a little thought to one more attempt at the front squat, but was pretty much at my limit there. I saw stars on the last rep, not gonna lie. Deadlifts weren't bad. Was running low on time so didn't get to warm up properly here... belted up and took off the oly shoes for the last set and struggled through the last rep. That was definitely a 3 rep max. 

Snatch : 205

F Squat : 265

Deadlift : 425

Timely Total of 895. If I had known that, I would have thrown 2.5's on something...

Going to create a separate post with bodyweight and measurements and shit, so I can link it on the first page. But, overall, good night at the gym.

For anyone interested, food has looked like:

1200 : ~8oz chicken breast & ~4oz of roasted cauliflower

1630 : 6g BCAA & 28g whey in a shake, pre workout

1800 : same as above, post workout & a big ol' honeycrisp apple 

1900 : spinach and strawberry salad with a little balsamic vinaigrette 

2000 : two cups of my piping hot chili with a sliced avocado

I've had about 7-8 liters of water over the course of the day and have peed, no lie, 14 times. Woof.

peeing is fun.

i love peeing.

Week 1 of the Paleo Challenge, completed. Made it through the week without a drink, which is a big one for me, especially when my team was playing in the NFC Championship last night. Went to the bar with some friends, one of which is a SF fan that I have a bet going with. She now has to wear a SeaHawks jersey in her profile pic on Facebook for the day. Feels good brah.

One of my favorite things from the week is that I gave in and bought some grass fed steaks, to spoil myself mostly. They're so fucking good. Hold on, I have some food pron around here somewhere...

1017514_615383297044_83040546_n.jpg

Mother Fucking Nom Nom.

Anywho, gallon and a half of water a day. 4500mg of Fish Oil. 2 multi vitamins. An extra 500mg of Magnesium. It's working. I'm down 6# so far this week. I may actually be below 200 for TTTT. Corey's gonna want to press me. It's probably going to happen. I told him I'm gonna jerk him. His wife is not even jealous.

On to tonight's workout. It was a little iffy. My eating was weird today. I didn't pack enough for lunch so I ran out and grabbed a pound of nuts and some fruit. I think I just took in too many carbs on the day or something, but on my squats today I was getting a little light headed. And that effected me during the WoD. Wasn't happy about that, will plan better tomorrow.

Strength Portion

6x6 Box Squats

275 2x6, 295 2x6, 315 2x6

I went low bar on these because if you're gonna use box squats as a tool to build your hamstring and glute strength, you might as well go low bar and push it. Haven't gotten into that form in a while, but it's like riding a bike. Pushed the ass back as far as I could, fired the glutes as hard as I could, and popped the bar off my shoulders from how hard I was driving it up.

WoD

3 Rounds for Time

10 Chest to Bar Pull Ups

12 53# KB Snatch

15 24" Box Jumps

Finished in 7:17. That was a burner. Was really happy that I could run through the snatches rather quickly because I know the pulling mechanism so well. And, locking out at the apex saves my wrists/forearms from the bruising that everyone else was complaining about. The box jumps still kill me. I switched from jumping into a full squat and extending to just jumping as close as I could to full extension, making the lock out easier. The C2B were simple enough, worked on really firing the lats and not having to rely on the kip/hip action.

Overall, really fun exercise pairing. Now, to go eat some steaks.

steak looks amazing.

what kind of magnesium are you taking?

well hi there, lady panda! MUs suck.. I've been focusing on DUs, couple minutes of practice after every session. I've been able to string together a few here and there. Progress!

hiiiiii.

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

what kind of magnesium are you taking?

Just a generic Organic Valley 500mg tablet. It's left over from my keto days, but I've always had a very specific result with it... that helps when my diet is very high in red meat.

Just a generic Organic Valley 500mg tablet. It's left over from my keto days, but I've always had a very specific result with it... that helps when my diet is very high in red meat.

but is it citrate, or whatever? 

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

hehe no, though it offers some of the same benefits. it's magnesium oxide, the regular stuff. 

oxide. 

right. that's the right kind. sweet.

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

setith, i miss you already, panda.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. Damn you, auto correct!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

A quick summation of the lifting related happenings at TTTT. 

Friday: Light work with the barbell. Worked in with EmCee on her squats and then a few quick pulls from the floor. Think we worked up to 175 pause squats and 155 for a snatch double. Nice and light before the big day.

Saturday

Squats - These didn't feel great. I hit my 365, but even that had a bit of a hiccup in it. 385 felt a lot heavier than it has in the past. 405 came out of the hole, but stuck at the quarter squat position. Just didn't have the hip drive and glute activation to lock it out. WildRoss and Corey had to bring me back up. Pretty disappointed I didn't hit the 4 plate squat that I've been chasing for quite some time now. Wonder if it was a mental thing as I was pretty relaxed the whole day and didn't ever really get psyched up. 

Bench - 235 felt pretty good. 245 was grindy. 255 barely made it off my chest. Not entirely upset with this. 250-255 is the current PR, so to hit within 10# of it on an awful bench setup wasn't too bad. 

Deadlift - This is where the wheels came off. Even during warm ups, the guys were saying that my form was off. What I realized was that my form was perfect, for a clean high pull. My muscle memory is no longer that of a power lifter... I've completely forgotten how to deadlift. Pulled 445 on my opener, stayed over the bar the entire path as if I was trying to very slowly clean it. It felt heavy and I didn't think I had much in me, so I did a little math and figured out I would need another 25# to break 1100. Threw that weight on the bar for a second attempt and barely unstuck it from the ground. I think it went up a total of 2" and stopped. 

Total - 385/245/445 = 1075 @ 199bw. Not a bad showing, it's a 5 point wilks PR for me with 310.

Sunday : Was planning on doing purely olympic lifts with BigM today but my shoulder started giving out. I couldn't get anything overhead in a snatch and it started really hurting past bodyweight on my jerks. That and the fact that we drew quite a crowd kind of stopped me from going any harder. Side note, shoulder is really starting to hurt. Time to get some more prehab/rehab work going on it. 

I'll put together a social wrap up, once I wake up. In the mean time, Catspaw and I are working on creating portals to visit each other more regularly..

I've been meaning to post about this for a while, a particular topic and how it affects different aspects of my life, and after the pure ecstasy of the TTTT seems like a great time to bring it up. 

I don't much like people, most of the time. It's hard to pinpoint it, but it just takes me a while to actually warm up to the idea of being around or interacting with people in general. I do get used to most people and things get easier for me, but right off the bat, it's difficult. 

I constantly find myself preparing for any sort of social interaction that I think may happen. "What if this person turns to me on the bus and says something?" "What would I say if I wanted to saddle up next to that cute girl at the bar?" "If I had to ask that person for help, how would the conversation go?" These things will iterate through my head umpteen times until the window of actually interacting has closed and the moment has moved on without me being able to articulate anything. 

This makes my job a bit difficult, as I'm routinely thrown in front of committees or groups of people in order to sell them on our services. I've figured out tricks around that one, but those same techniques don't work in the real world. There I'm stuck wondering how one slip up or faux pas will affect every relationship I ever build. It's rather hard to ask someone if you can buy them a drink if the idea of even saying "hi" is terrifying. 

My friends are people that I've grown accustomed to, the ones that I've spent enough time around that I no longer fear being an idiot with. These relationships have blossomed in one way or another, and it's always because I feel comfortable enough to be myself with them. I don't know how a few of them happened. I really don't. All I know is that I have people here in Boston that I actually like hanging out with. 

And then there was this weekend. I met up with around 40 nerds, most of which I had never met before. Some of them I had never even spoken to before. I walked into BigM's house on the first night kind of worried about all the people that I would have to interact with, but before I barely got through the threshold, I was immediately embraced by someone I had never met before. The instant shock washed away when I realized that among the nerds, my social awkwardness is the norm.

I was surrounded by a group of people who I could relate to practically every way. We all hung out and chatted about some of the geekiest topics on the planet. (Did you know, if you add up all the numbers to infinity, it equals a negative fraction?) We moved from group to group, finding new friendships and rekindling old ones. Every once in a while, people had to remove themselves and go find a quiet place... I know I did. Mr Mir and I sat by the firepit for a good half hour, just recharging our personal bubbles. But afterwards, we were right back at it. 

I don't think I've ever been embraced that much before. I've hugged, cuddled, squatted, and just embraced more people this past weekend than I have in probably all of last year. And not one of them made me shrink away or retreat like usual. For someone who has trouble telling his family that he loves them, I may have told more people that this weekend than I care to remember. And lets be honest, I pretty much want to marry Catspaw. 

I've started to ramble, but I just wanted to try and get down on paper how amazing this meetup was. When a community so closely tied to each other comes together, miraculous things happen. I got to see two guys who live hours and thousands of miles away from me that I love like brothers. I got to see spezzy, who has never failed to bring the greatest of smiles to my face. I got to meet people for the first time or perhaps the hundredth time, but finally got to put a face to a name. I enjoy you people so much, it hurt to leave. I just wanted to thank you all for making me feel comfortable enough to be myself.

...and a very special thank you to this little monkey who made me feel like family quite literally the moment I walked in the door.

61035_2265658758384_1701956523_n.jpg

• Like 1

I've figured out tricks around that one, but those same techniques don't work in the real world. There I'm stuck wondering how one slip up or faux pas will affect every relationship I ever build. It's rather hard to ask someone if you can buy them a drink if the idea of even saying "hi" is terrifying.

Though I totally believe this (because I've heard introverts say it before and this is "nerd" fitness), but having interacted with you in person I also find it super-surprising.  Because that's not how you come across at all.  Maybe it was just the comfortable nerd-love setting, or maybe you're unfairly critical of how you self-present, but the This is Seth I saw was hilarious, confident and making a lot of people smile.

I was surrounded by a group of people who I could relate to practically every way. We all hung out and chatted about some of the geekiest topics on the planet. (Did you know, if you add up all the numbers to infinity, it equals a negative fraction?)

I did not know that! Where can I turn to learn more?

We moved from group to group, finding new friendships and rekindling old ones. Every once in a while, people had to remove themselves and go find a quiet place... I know I did. Mr Mir and I sat by the firepit for a good half hour, just recharging our personal bubbles. But afterwards, we were right back at it.

I totally got busted hiding in a room reading a book for a little while. The adorable part? Everyone who came by was like "need a bit of recharge time?" Like everyone totally 100% Got It .

(Also, the book was awesome. I was learning about Godel's incompleteness theorem. The fact that I left the room/book at all is a sign of love. ;) )

I don't think I've ever been embraced that much before. I've hugged, cuddled, squatted, and just embraced more people this past weekend than I have in probably all of last year. And not one of them made me shrink away or retreat like usual. For someone who has trouble telling his family that he loves them, I may have told more people that this weekend than I care to remember. And lets be honest, I pretty much want to marry Catspaw.

MMMWA! When're the plans for the nerd fitness commune getting enacted again?

Anyway, just wanted to say that this post is totally adorable.  Thank you for sharing. :)

• Like 1

You gotta experiment to find out what works for you.
PM me with any questions about, well, anything! :)
Current challenge: Catspaw Starts Strong

Though I totally believe this (because I've heard introverts say it before and this is "nerd" fitness), but having interacted with you in person I also find it super-surprising.  Because that's not how you come across at all.  Maybe it was just the comfortable nerd-love setting, or maybe you're unfairly critical of how you self-present, but the This is Seth I saw was hilarious, confident and making a lot of people smile.

I did not know that! Where can I turn to learn more?

I totally got busted hiding in a room reading a book for a little while. The adorable part? Everyone who came by was like "need a bit of recharge time?" Like everyone totally 100% Got It .

(Also, the book was awesome. I was learning about Godel's incompleteness theorem. The fact that I left the room/book at all is a sign of love. ;) )

MMMWA! When're the plans for the nerd fitness commune getting enacted again?

Anyway, just wanted to say that this post is totally adorable.  Thank you for sharing. :)

I've been told to move to Austin and that we'll start building there. 

Also, <3

All of this stuff. And I love how everyone was super understanding of everyone else's space. Well except for me. I have no concept of personal space, so thanks for putting up with me!

Also, I want to marry Catspaw too. I think everyone does.

<3 you Sethie!

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8