I'm officially in the market for a good sports masseuesse (also, what a fun word to type).

While you're "dating" for a good long term sports masseuse, look for thai massage places near you.  Ideally an authentic one with folks who barely speak any english, if at all.

Unlike "lay here and relax" massages, real thai massages are all about assisted stretching and essentially forced-upon-you lacrosse ball style release.  You know you found a good one if you feel beaten up and not at all relaxed at the end, hahaha.

You gotta experiment to find out what works for you.
PM me with any questions about, well, anything! :)
Current challenge: Catspaw Starts Strong

Saw "as prescribed"

Ran here

i_love_this_thread.jpg

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

I went through 4 different people til I settled on Lindsey. She was the only one that I felt really comfortable with that also hurt me just the right way. It's a lot like dating.

Shit, I haven't dated in over 10 years.

While you're "dating" for a good long term sports masseuse, look for thai massage places near you.  Ideally an authentic one with folks who barely speak any english, if at all.

Unlike "lay here and relax" massages, real thai massages are all about assisted stretching and essentially forced-upon-you lacrosse ball style release.  You know you found a good one if you feel beaten up and not at all relaxed at the end, hahaha.

Are they the places with the pink lighting and posters in the windows of all the asian ladies?

there's a chiropractic/massage place in the shopping center near my place that looks someone legit from the outside, like a cross between a doctor's office and a hair studio. Maybe I'll walk in and ask me some questions.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Lulu, I had to coach a girl through this the other day. I was sitting there with my hand on her lower back, just pushing down on her cause she kept trying to pop her hips up. I think I've gotten better at it, but I haven't taken video in a while, so I'm not too sure. Will let you know.

Oh, I'm sure you've fixed it. I just think of you every time we talk about stripper hips at CrossFit ever since Nightlight called you out ;)

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Oh, I'm sure you've fixed it. I just think of you every time we talk about stripper hips at CrossFit ever since Nightlight called you out ;)

oh, i'm not sure he's fixed it.

i think he thinks he's fixed it. :)

consistency is key.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

oh, i'm not sure he's fixed it.

i think he thinks he's fixed it. :)

consistency is key.

Good point. I didn't get in a good session on Saturday for taping, so I didn't get anything on camera. Will try again next weekend. 

I've been a bit busy, so I haven't updated in a few days. Wanted to get my Saturday session logged. 

As is evident, I'm not a fan of the 14.3 programming. I think it's too easy for new members or even seasoned vets to hurt themselves by trying to go too fast on weights they're not comfortable with. Here's where the dose of reality comes in to play though, the weight prescribed stops you from hurting yourself. This sounds odd, I know, and I'm not in any way standing up for the programming itself, because I still think it's reckless. But, big but, here, from the limited pool that I was able to see and the results that I've seen so far, people were not getting to weights that were so heavy that they could seriously injure themselves. Was I rounding my back a little on my last 7-8 pulls? Yes, but not to the point that I was provoking an injury because I was at a weight that couldn't seriously hurt me. 

I put up 112 reps. What that boils down to is 10 @ 135, 15 @ 185, 20 @ 225, and 22 @ 275. 275 is about 60% or so? Not too heavy. Was my back screaming by the final rounds? Yes. Did I immediately roll out after I finished? Yes. My lower back is actually doing pretty well this morning. Upper back is pretty sore, but I'm fine with that. Am I okay with their programming? No. I still think it's irresponsible. But I don't think it's as bad as I first assumed. 

Alright, so that's out of the way. Finished it up, judged for my buddy as he ran through it. Then ran some muscle up work to get in some upper body work. 

Then. The usual lazy lifting, except there were a ton of people there today. Like, 8-10 people? That's weird. It's usually just 3-4 of us. Ran through some simple complexes and then I think I actually hurt myself on some power curtsies. I went rather heavy with these, just to see what the weight felt like and I think I may have bruised my trachea. It's a little difficult to swallow today. It's either that or I ate/drank something weird last night and am having a minor allergic reaction. Either or. 

Power Snatch  + 2 OHS(3-5 second pause) : 95, 105, 115, 135, 155

Push Press + BTN Jerk + Split Jerk (3-5 second pause) : 155, 165, 185, 205, 205

Jerk Dip : 225, 255, 275, 315

Finished up with a quick set of triples on front squat + split jerk at 225. Haven't front squatted in a while, just wanted to get a few reps in. Was already gassed though, so didn't do much more than that. Went and did some finishers of three rounds on 10 GHD + 10 knees to elbows, no rest. First time doing real GHD reps. I've always tried bracing too much on the way down and literally cramped every time in my hamstrings. This time, just dive bombed into it and only pulled on the way back up. I figured that if I could rip at my hamstrings/lower back again after the deadlifts, it'd be a good idea as they probably needed to be pulled at by that point. I'm feeling the hamstrings today, I can tell you that much. 

Then... went out dancing and drinking for St Paddy's day. Good times. 

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

Holy fucking soreness. 

Drinking all day on Sunday probably wasn't the best idea. Whatever. Spent about 45 minutes before tonight's session just rolling and stretching my hamstrings as they were really tight. 

Coach is off in Ireland and left us a doozy today. 

EMOTM 10

Hang Clean + Jerk @ 185

Easy Peasy. All reps felt good, just worked speed under the bar and keeping the path as close as possible. 

Then... "Irish Twins"

Partner WoD of Grace, then Karen. Fuck.

What this pretty much means is, Haik and myself did 6 rounds of 5 Clean and Jerks at 135 then went and did 150 wall balls each with 20# ball. We broke up the WB as something like 20/20/20/15/15/15/15/10/10/10. We actually finished with the fastest time in the class by close to a minute. Hells yeah. 13:26

Then I went and did some muscle up work because my legs weren't strong enough to walk me home yet. Needed to dick around and do something that didn't require legs to be on the ground or support me in any way. 

Holy fucking soreness. 

Drinking all day on Sunday probably wasn't the best idea. Whatever. Spent about 45 minutes before tonight's session just rolling and stretching my hamstrings as they were really tight. 

Coach is off in Ireland and left us a doozy today. 

EMOTM 10

Hang Clean + Jerk @ 185

Easy Peasy. All reps felt good, just worked speed under the bar and keeping the path as close as possible. 

Then... "Irish Twins"

Partner WoD of Grace, then Karen. Fuck.

What this pretty much means is, Haik and myself did 6 rounds of 5 Clean and Jerks at 135 then went and did 150 wall balls each with 20# ball. We broke up the WB as something like 20/20/20/15/15/15/15/10/10/10. We actually finished with the fastest time in the class by close to a minute. Hells yeah. 13:26

Then I went and did some muscle up work because my legs weren't strong enough to walk me home yet. Needed to dick around and do something that didn't require legs to be on the ground or support me in any way. 

karen is a bitch.

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

yeah she is. 

Well the week of the fatty keeps going. Totally had a half dozen donuts the other day, no real reason. Bought a dozen for the office and no one else was eating them, so I grabbed one every time I walked past. 

On the upside, hit a heavy box squat triple last night at 365#. That's a volume PR as I only hit it for 2 last time. 

Not much else to report... going to hit 14.4 tonight. That one looks tough, will check in tomorrow about how it went. 

Well the week of the fatty keeps going. Totally had a half dozen donuts the other day, no real reason. Bought a dozen for the office and no one else was eating them, so I grabbed one every time I walked past. 

Done that so many times, it hurts.  Main reason why I gave up buying donuts or bagels for the office.  I'm apparently the only one without self control.  

Good luck on 14.4.  Just watched the the Bridges/Panchik match-up on the website.  Unreal workload. 

yeah she is. 

On the upside, hit a heavy box squat triple last night at 365#. That's a volume PR as I only hit it for 2 last time. 

Not much else to report... going to hit 14.4 tonight. That one looks tough, will check in tomorrow about how it went. 

PACE PACE PACE.

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

169 on 14.4. Not a great score, not being able to string together toes to bar killed my time. Might try again on Monday for shits and giggles. Depends on what the workout is, I'm not too worried about my overall score here but if it's a shitty WoD in class, I'll skip it for funsies.

Just got in, headed back out to lazy lifting in an hour or two. We're making waffles. And you know my record with sugary carbs... I'm gonna have to squat afterwards. 

Lazy Lifting went well. It was a max day. Huzzah. 

Hit singles from 60% upwards by 5% until it looks ugly. Went pretty well. I had a few misses along the way but worked up to upwards of 95% on both lifts, so I was pretty happy. 

Snatches were... 115, 125, 135, 145, 155, 165x, 165, 175x, 175, 185x, 185, 190 <- 96%

Clean and Jerks... 185, 205, 225, 240, 255 <- 100% 

Pause Squat triples... 135, 225, 275, 275

I feel like shit at the moment. I'm so incredibly sore and tired and over worked. I'm going to have a beer and watch some netflix and not move for the duration of the night. Sorry RisenPhoenix...

Haven't moved from the couch, but I've been productive. I transposed the latest "pre competition microcycle" from Bob Takano's blog into a google doc. I plan on taking the 4 weeks before my weightlifting competition to devote to the two lifts I'll be judged on. I'll still do a crossfit class here and there, but nothing that could affect my training. I'd really like to be able to nail the weights I go in looking to hit, namely, I want to crush my second attempts on both lifts and then go balls out on the third attempt. 

Here's the google doc, if anyone is interested... aka J, since I messaged you about it. 

Lazy Lifting went well. It was a max day. Huzzah. 

Hit singles from 60% upwards by 5% until it looks ugly. Went pretty well. I had a few misses along the way but worked up to upwards of 95% on both lifts, so I was pretty happy. 

Snatches were... 115, 125, 135, 145, 155, 165x, 165, 175x, 175, 185x, 185, 190 <- 96%

Clean and Jerks... 185, 205, 225, 240, 255 <- 100% 

Pause Squat triples... 135, 225, 275, 275

I feel like shit at the moment. I'm so incredibly sore and tired and over worked. I'm going to have a beer and watch some netflix and not move for the duration of the night. Sorry RisenPhoenix...

I want to be mad at you... but with those numbers and the 14.4 WoD, I really can't.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the bacon-whiskey-chocolate chip cookie to you that you missed. (Probably by using Jen as a packmule.)

Haven't moved from the couch, but I've been productive. I transposed the latest "pre competition microcycle" from Bob Takano's blog into a google doc. I plan on taking the 4 weeks before my weightlifting competition to devote to the two lifts I'll be judged on. I'll still do a crossfit class here and there, but nothing that could affect my training. I'd really like to be able to nail the weights I go in looking to hit, namely, I want to crush my second attempts on both lifts and then go balls out on the third attempt. 

Here's the google doc, if anyone is interested... aka J, since I messaged you about it. 

*looks at the programming*

*Mind melts*

This is what happens when novice lifters look at non-novice things. >.<

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

That looks like a party waiting to happen :D

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Ran through 14.4 again, as I'm a masochist, apparently. Really wanted to get up to the muscle ups to give it a shot, which I did.. but did not get my one MU. Was soooooooooo tired by then that I just couldn't. So, 180 it is. That's another 11 reps from my last score, so I'm okay with it. 

Did the WoD afterwards with the next class after taking some time off to rest and what not. Just some light weight deadlifts and double under work, I'm alright with the outcome there.

On a call at the moment, so can't update more. On the downside, I'm at 201 today. Need to start cleaning up the food intake again... aka stop drinking so much beer again. and pizza. and other shit. fat ass. 

• Like 1

Nicely done.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

good job! at least you got to the MUs.

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

I want to be mad at you... but with those numbers and the 14.4 WoD, I really can't.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the bacon-whiskey-chocolate chip cookie to you that you missed. (Probably by using Jen as a packmule.)

It wouldn't be the first time I've been a food packmule, or even the first time I've packmuled food between you two specifically...but it might get to you with a bite missing (my payment).

Seth - you killed it on 14.4 yesterday! Glad I was able to witness the craziness before attempting it myself. It inspired/scared me, so thank you  :) Now please teach me the ways of the muscle up gods...

Seth - you killed it on 14.4 yesterday! Glad I was able to witness the craziness before attempting it myself. It inspired/scared me, so thank you  :) Now please teach me the ways of the muscle up gods...

You are welcome, lady! And I soooo wish I got at least one muscle up in. I only had time/effort for one attempt and it was soooooooo close. 

I strung two together before class started, hadn't done that before. I'm almost getting good at this. 

Oh hey. Haven't updated in a while. Uhhh I've done a ton of stuff.

After the last update, we had the 14.5 workout. That was a doozy. Basically, it was:

21-18-15-12-9-6-3 of Thrusters @ 95# and Bar Facing Burpees. Which are burpees, but specific. And suck, even more. 

Finished up in 16:44, which was almost twice what Froning's time was. But, sadly, was a pretty good time in our gym. We had ~ 4 people under 15 minutes, that shit was rough. 

So, that was Friday night. Went out the next morning and had a workout with Catspaw, who I dragged out to a 10am class with me at my CrossFit gym. It was a really easy workout, thankfully, we did:

7 rounds each of 1:30 rounds to complete 150m row, 15 balls slams, and then as many chest to bar pull ups as possible. Nice and light after the hell-acious workout the night before. 

We went out rock climbing(or "bouldering" as the pros call it). That is an awesome workout, my forearms and tris and other bits and pieces were killing me afterwards. 

Drank and ate a ton afterwards and then had a quiet brunch the next morning. 

Tonight's workout was a snatch/ohs complex. Worked up to 175 but did most of my work around 155. Didn't want to push too hard because we were doing a benchmark afterwards. 

Completed another RX Girl workout tonight. Isabel completed in 2:58. That's 30 snatches @ 135#. 

Scratch that one off the list of RX'ed workouts for the year. 

And now, gonna crawl into bed and go hang out with Corey tomorrow night. More nerds!