Phoenix Burning Deploys a Decoy Bag of Böring Potato Chips

Everstorm

TBDR ;^)

I am so old.  I actually had to google that to know it was funny.

I love these goals and looking forward to your progress :)

Thanks.  I'm hoping this one will go well, i.e. no broken legs or contracting anything that could grow in a petri dish.

So boring! UGH. Doesn't anything exciting happen around here? ;)

Um.  Hi.  Did I mention I'm hanging with the assassins this time?  My challenges had grown so un-monkish I was ashamed to show my face around the guild anymore.  (Plus money sitch being the way it is, I don't know when I'll finally get into a class.)

Boring is where it's at! That's my plan, too, anyway :)

Woot for being boring!

PB! I see we are in the same Guild this time!

I look forward to following you. :)

Hi!  I was wondering if you would be back.  You seemed pretty swamped during the holidays.  Hopefully life will return to normal and we will both accomplish more in the new year.

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

So, the plan was to get up early and get in a nice, long walk before the arctic front closed in on us.  Instead, I slept in about 2 hours late and got a rather late start.  It was still nice out, starting to cloud up, but I thought I'd be okay.  I was not.  About 20 minutes out, I caught caught in a downpour of cold, stinging rain.  My "long ramble through the forest reserve" quickly became a quick jog back to the house.  Not that I mind running in the rain, usually, but I wasn't really dressed for it.  So, 33 minutes of walking/jogging logged.  Will have to make up more time later.

This weekend, I did some assessing of my current handstand skills.  I can hold a hand-foot plank for 60 seconds, so I can skip that step.  I can walk my feet up feeling pretty secure at about 48 inches from the wall and hold for 36 seconds.  So the goal is to get to 60 seconds at this distance before walking my hands closer.  I thought myself pretty clever for marking 12 inch intervals on my yoga mat for consistent measuring of my progress.  :rolleyes-new:

Now it's time to go eat.  Something with no grains or sugars.

• Like 2

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

I did better on the wall plank than I expected.  Sixty-four seconds.  Now to get those hands closer to the wall.

On a less cheery note, I took all my measurements for the first time in three months.  Not good.  Up an inch on every site.  I have only gained 5 lbs, though, so that means lost muscle and gained fat.  Not good.  Time to change all that!

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

HHHHHHAAAAAiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your avatar change is throwing me off! :D 

So......seems like a lot of us are trying new guilds for the new year! No matter! Still find ya! Still subs. :)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand now we can make UNBORING!!!

Basics are good. Start off steady and constant. And YAY for 64 sec hold! That is serious! I can see you getting a whole 5 min at the end of 6 weeks! LETSDOTHIS!!! :D

HHHHHHAAAAAiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your avatar change is throwing me off! :D

So......seems like a lot of us are trying new guilds for the new year! No matter! Still find ya! Still subs. :)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand now we can make UNBORING!!!

Basics are good. Start off steady and constant. And YAY for 64 sec hold! That is serious! I can see you getting a whole 5 min at the end of 6 weeks! LETSDOTHIS!!! :D

Cheechoe's here.  Can't be boring, now!

Ha, I'm still working on not wanting to cry after 15 seconds of normal planking. Great job!

Planks used to make me cry, too.  I have found it helps to have distracting music on to calm the "Are we there, yet?" clock watching.

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Ack! Not a torrential down-pour!  Sadly, that sounds like fun to me - we mostly have light, misty rain over here and I miss a good downpour.  But getting stuck in the rain without the right gear on is pretty uncomfortable.

Good work on the handstand!  I'm soooo envious reading your progress - you're great inspiration for when my shoulder finally heals.  Thanks for the updates!

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

I did better on the wall plank than I expected.  Sixty-four seconds.  Now to get those hands closer to the wall.

Nice! Don't worry about those measurements, things are changing :)

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Ack! Not a torrential down-pour!  Sadly, that sounds like fun to me - we mostly have light, misty rain over here and I miss a good downpour.  But getting stuck in the rain without the right gear on is pretty uncomfortable.

Good work on the handstand!  I'm soooo envious reading your progress - you're great inspiration for when my shoulder finally heals.  Thanks for the updates!

In the summer, with a hat, I would completely agree.

You'll get there.  Just get well first.  Handstand+dodgy shoulder sounds like a bad combo.

PB, sweet goodness 60+ seconds?

Fantastic work!

Sent via my phone b/c my laptop is out of reach. Cheers!

That was a fast improvement, but then, I attempted the wall plank right after a floor plank on Sunday, so I was fatigued.  I guess I should not be surprised that I did better rested.

Nice! Don't worry about those measurements, things are changing :)

I'm not worried.  I feel good about my progress.  I was more or less announcing my plan of attack.

Speaking of which, I moved my hands a foot closer to the wall and managed 31 seconds x 3.  I also did yoga for an hour.

Diet is going really well; no cravings to speak of.  

• Like 3

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

I'm a little surprised about the cravings, but I have been easing into eating primal with other carb sources like fruit and sweet potato, so maybe that is helping.  I didn't want to repeat previous attempts, when I went from extreme high carb to extreme low carb and was losing my mind by the end of the week.

Thank you!  I tacked on an extra 10 seconds at that distance today, so moving along nicely.

• Like 1

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Nice, man!

Honestly, with handstands, I think most people who are working on them have the shoulder strength + flexibility to get into a vertical handstand against the wall pretty quickly. The wall planks will help a bit on shoulder strength and wrist strength, but mostly focus on core, which is great when you get to freestanding handstands, but I don't know how much it helps for vertical, against-the-wall handstands. 

Also, just a note, make sure you are always stretching your wrists out well before handstand work! :)

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I just meant that the wall planks do a lot more for cores than for the shoulders, wrists  + forearm strength needed for handstands, and it sounded like you probably get a lot of core work already. BASICALLY, I think you'll be against the wall in no time. 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My sister (who does not live in FL) posted this on fb recently, with a very pointed tag to me (who does).  With all the weather chatter throughout the threads lately, I thought I'd share.

National-Hate-Florida-Day.jpg

Although, in my defense, the map is from a month ago.  We have barely gotten above freezing for the past 2 days.

• Like 2

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Hahaha! You have nothing to be nervous about from me. As long as you're still training. I just saw you over here and, since I'd seen you in the Monastery before, I thought you could use an extra follow and some encouragement. That's the only reason I'm here.

aaaaand, also, to steal some of that Florida sunshine. Because, dang.

Hahaha! You have nothing to be nervous about from me. As long as you're still training. I just saw you over here and, since I'd seen you in the Monastery before, I thought you could use an extra follow and some encouragement. That's the only reason I'm here.

aaaaand, also, to steal some of that Florida sunshine. Because, dang.

No worries.  I was mostly joking.  And only slightly feeling guilty.  I love more follows!

Yep.  There are sometimes I wish we could share.  We have more than enough.

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Nice goals. =) And! Handbalancing is the spiciest boring thing I've ever seen. I love that shit, even though I've never worked on it myself. I've got a couple of buddies who make careers out of that kind of elegance:

1467334_10201633995306376_853702457_n.jp

And so forth. Future motivation, perhaps! Haha.

Also, a bit of wisdom from some blog post I can't precisely recall right now which paraphrases the NF article you cited: those who are most successful are married to the grind. They love the daily routine because they know that's what gets you to the goal. Wisdom you and I are both trying to convince ourselves of right now. =)

Good luck!

• Like 2

5'11"/180cm

7/1/18: 184lbs/83kg @ 18%   | 1RM Bench:~150lbs/68kg Squat: ~250lbs/113kg Dead: ~315lbs/143kg
8/5/18: 174lbs/79kg @ 16.4%
Goal      155lbs/70kg @ <15% | 1RM Bench: 205lbs/93kg Squat: 265lbs/120kg Dead: 335lbs/152kg

Challenge: N/A | Previous: 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines