Elastigirl Trains With The Dark Knight

Elastigirl

Elastigirl sat in her favorite chair, reading a good book, sipping tea, and enjoying some dark chocolate. She thought she heard a small noise, looking around and seeing nothing, she resumed reading. Then she felt a small breeze blow over her, startled she looked up from her book but still she saw nothing. Puzzled, she got up from her chair so she could investigate. That was when she heard a voice coming out of the shadows

“Did you think your training was over? It has not even begun. There is much to learn.â€

Elastigirl strained her eyes trying to see who was speaking, “who is this, and where are you?’

Hearing a noise behind her, she spun around

“Here, “ said the voice

She gulped as she saw who had been standing in the shadows, it was none other than Batman,the Dark Knight himself .

Elastigirl stammered,†I am ready for more training, but uh, why did they send you? I usually get my missions  delivered by birdâ€

The Dark Knight stared silently at her for a moment then he said quietly, “And weren’t you just complaining how outdated that method was?

Elastigirl decides the best answer is to say nothing and wait for further instructions.

The Dark Knight continues, “I wanted to save Gotham, but I was powerless to do so, much as you are now†I was willing to undergo the training necessary to save my city. Do you have the will to act? If so follow meâ€

Elastigirl nods, ready to do whatever necessary to train. She also secretly hopes that the training mission will involve at least one ride in the Batmobile.

The Dark Knight steps out the door silently, and he and Elastigirl disappear into the night.

Elastigirl’s Ninja Training:

Goal # 1: Ninja- assassin Leanness

They never show the food and diet control part in the montages, because, well let’s face it, that’s the boring part.*  But really no training montage is successful without it. You can workout all you want, but if your eating is out of control you will never be assassin lean.

If I want to be a true ninja-assassin I need to get my eating back under control, after some holiday laxness.

*exception to this is the Rocky montage where Rocky awesomely slurps down raw eggs.

1)      Week 1 30 grams net carbs/week 2 35-45 grams. /week 3- week 6 between 40 -60grams

2)      Journal at end of day and how I feel (hungry full energetic…)

3)      Once a week measure and record : weight, blood pressure, waist

Points= 5 CON.

There may be a couple evening where we eat at a friend’s house, and even if I am low carb        during the day, I still may have to go over a bit, and that is fine.

Ungraded from old challenge to continue working on

-Keep walking  4  days a week-15 minutes

Water-first thing in am,after exercise,tea and/or in afternoon, water while prepping dinner,  herbal tea and/ or water in evening

Goal #2 Patience and Agility:

A  Ninja understands that invisibility is a matter of patience and agility.

1)Deadhang: be able to hold a deadhang for 30  60 seconds consistently with effort level of 6 8 30 seconds with a 6 effort

2)Handstand: be able to hold a wall handstand for 60 seconds consistently with effort level of 6

POINTS= 2 STA,2 DEX

Goal #3: Mind Your Surroundings

1)      Mind Surroundings: Focus

Do my workout quickly and with focus, no web surfing during workout 

POINTS = 4 CON

Fitness plan to get there:

Kettlebell Rite of Passage including deadhang practice Mon-Wed-Friday /daily handstand practice Mon-Friday /Tuesday and Thursday kettlebell TGU’s/ walking

Life Goal: Theatricality and Deception are powerful agents:

Unfortunately I do not have a supply of cool defense weapons discarded by the military at my disposal. As an Ninja trainee- I will practice with what I have-

Mr. Incredible and I use to play computer games together frequently but we have neglected this lately. Neither one of us have played Portal, and the dark months of winter are a great time to renew our skills. No super specifics of how much time, once we start, I’m sure we will play plenty.  This goal is just for fun. Had some serious goals in previous challenges, now we need to exercise our play muscles.

POINTS= 2 CHA

Side Goal: We are going to Disneyworld/Florida in spring, so  I need to get busy planning it.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Sounds like you have great goals and a good plan to achieve them. I love the theme too; I think all of us secretly want to be a ninja as well. :) 

Best of luck to you! God bless. 

I'll be following your updates to see how you progress! :) 

STR - 9 DEX - 10 STA - 12 CON - 6 WIS - 12.5 CHA - 5 Level 4 Assassin Soldier 

Current Challenge: "Becoming Oliver Queen: Part 1" 

Battle Log: "Will You Commit Yourself to This Program?" 

Epic Quest: "The List" (coming soon!) 

Мой аргумент не Ñ Ð²Ð°Ð¼Ð¸ - My argument is not with you. 

Love your story and your challenges too! Hope things go well with the carbs - week 1 seems like a tough one. Also, I love your 'effort level' that you put it, that's really smart. Didn't think about that before! 

The surfing while working out made me laugh because I had an image in my head of someone furiously doing high knees while at the same time struggling to bend to type (while NOT stopping the high knees ofc)

Sounds like you have great goals and a good plan to achieve them. I love the theme too; I think all of us secretly want to be a ninja as well. :)

Best of luck to you! God bless. 

I'll be following your updates to see how you progress! :)

Thanks!

Love your story and your challenges too! Hope things go well with the carbs - week 1 seems like a tough one. Also, I love your 'effort level' that you put it, that's really smart. Didn't think about that before! 

The surfing while working out made me laugh because I had an image in my head of someone furiously doing high knees while at the same time struggling to bend to type (while NOT stopping the high knees ofc)

Yeah, we will see how week 1 goes, but I can cut back on my workouts that week and the next if I need to. 

haha. I don't think typing and swinging a kettlebell is a very smart combination :highly_amused: During my rest time I get bored and check NF or facebook, then I get distracted and take a longer rest break, and then for some weird reason my workout takes longer than I planned :) 

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Hi, looks like you're really taking it to the next level!  I particularly like your bonus goal of playing more video games with Mr. Incredible.  I might have to talk to my Mr about that one.  ;-)

(I think this challenge, I'll check in with you, but not really follow since I got myself in some trouble with super low carb eating last year and don't want to trigger a freakout for myself.)

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie. 

I shall be following along with what looks like another awesome challenge.

You'll like Portal, it's impossible not to. The thing I love about it is, it's actiony (ie. not boring) but still puzzley, and also hilarous. It's a surprisingly short game, so if you find that is ends too quickly and you want more, Portal 2 is just as great and much longer.

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

I shall be following along with what looks like another awesome challenge.

You'll like Portal, it's impossible not to. The thing I love about it is, it's actiony (ie. not boring) but still puzzley, and also hilarous. It's a surprisingly short game, so if you find that is ends too quickly and you want more, Portal 2 is just as great and much longer.

I second all of this!

Portal 2 is SO much fun. Imo it's a little easier to play than the first Portal, but it's really extensive and beautifully made. With many hilarious things throughout the whole game. I think I've played it a dozen times because I found it THAT awesome.

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

ApfelStrudi is out of control

Yes, I know you already know, but that's the rule :D

Gratz for being (once again ;) ) in the assassin top 5!

Thanks! That is a great way to start my new challenge!

I love your challenge.  You have been subbed.   :pride:

Thanks!

Hi, looks like you're really taking it to the next level!  I particularly like your bonus goal of playing more video games with Mr. Incredible.  I might have to talk to my Mr about that one.  ;-)

(I think this challenge, I'll check in with you, but not really follow since I got myself in some trouble with super low carb eating last year and don't want to trigger a freakout for myself.)

How did you get in trouble? I normally do between 50g and 100gr, though I haven't measured for a while. I plan on doing the super low carb this challenge, then next challenge I will up it. Goal is to find my sweet spot, where I stay lean but still am able to do awesome workouts.

@ Obax, Apfel; Now you have me even looking forward to it more!! We can't start yet because we just bought our desktop computer and we have not received it yet. Should be here this week :) 

Subbed ofcourse :) 

Looks like another great challenge. Is there some sort of prize for being in the top 5 five times in a row? If anyone is going to grab that one it'd be you!

Question, do you have a progression plan for your handstands? Once you reach the comfy 60 seconds holds, then what's next?

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl dusts off her competition skills

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Thanks!

How did you get in trouble? I normally do between 50g and 100gr, though I haven't measured for a while. I plan on doing the super low carb this challenge, then next challenge I will up it. Goal is to find my sweet spot, where I stay lean but still am able to do awesome workouts.

Lady hormone problems.  Basically my cycle went apeshit bonkers, and it corrected within 30 days of eating more carbs.  But it didn't get really bad until after my accident when I went really super low carb (like 20-30 net) a day trying to lose the weight I put on while injured.  I was probably pushing too far, but I do need to make sure I don't re-trigger being super obsessive about it, because clearly it wasn't working as well for my body as I had thought.  I need to be more moderate about food in general.  

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie. 

Lady hormone problems.  Basically my cycle went apeshit bonkers, and it corrected within 30 days of eating more carbs.  But it didn't get really bad until after my accident when I went really super low carb (like 20-30 net) a day trying to lose the weight I put on while injured.  I was probably pushing too far, but I do need to make sure I don't re-trigger being super obsessive about it, because clearly it wasn't working as well for my body as I had thought.  I need to be more moderate about food in general.  

Thanks. When I went low carb before, I still was about 50-70 net, because I have had hormone issues in the past, and really don't want to go there again. But the second week I am upping it to 40 grams, so hoping I don't have hormone issues. Plus (crossing fingers) really hoping I am no longer dealing with monthly hormone stuff, finally

total awesome... 

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

(hooded assassin appears from out of the shadows)

Greetings Elastigirl *bows head* it's been a while and I am completly at fault, but I was rejoiced to hear your last challenge went well and thus look forward to see how you fare in this one. Heed the words of The Batman (and his mentor), for they will guide you to your goal.

I look forward to following you...

(dissapears in a puff of smoke)

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Subbed ofcourse :)

Looks like another great challenge. Is there some sort of prize for being in the top 5 five times in a row? If anyone is going to grab that one it'd be you!

Question, do you have a progression plan for your handstands? Once you reach the comfy 60 seconds holds, then what's next?

I'm loosely using Chris Salvato's 28 day guide to a handstand. Next progression is the bail (which I basically know) and then the kick up. Loosely because he doesn't say anything about how proficient you need to be in the 60 second hold. But I want it to be something I'm fairly competent at before I move on. Then again, I may  get tired of the linear progression and have some of my practices be for kick up practice and bailing.

Oh my god an arkham/dark knight themed challenge. I love it!

The goals are good, nothing too crazy but definitely will help! I can't wait to see how you do with this and also jealous of Disney world and Florida where it is warm! 

total awesome... 

:) thanks

wow! love your goals! you really are a suerhero;)

Thanks!

(hooded assassin appears from out of the shadows)

Greetings Elastigirl *bows head* it's been a while and I am completly at fault, but I was rejoiced to hear your last challenge went well and thus look forward to see how you fare in this one. Heed the words of The Batman (and his mentor), for they will guide you to your goal.

I look forward to following you...

(dissapears in a puff of smoke)

Elastigirl starts to say thanks, but realizes the mysterious assassin has already disappeared. She makes a mental note to herself to make sure her training  includes stealth disappearing

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines