Let's Try This Again, Shall We? Piddip's Second Attempt at a Challenge

Piddip

Hey guys.

So... I failed my challenge last time...

But I'm back! And I'mma do it this time! (Hopefully)

Main Quest: Clean up my diet - cut out sodas, sweets, and processed foods.

Goals:

- Drink one less can/glass/bottle of soda a week, hopefully ending up with one a week or none at all.

- Stop eating sweets (I hardly eat any anyway, so this is a small change for me), unless at the cinema, in which case one packet of sweets/one small bucket of popcorn is allowed.

- One take-away a week (again, small change since it's normally two or three).

Life Quest: Get my classwork started the day I get it, even if I don't finish it that day.

Motivation:

Accountability: Every time I fail my goals or Life Quest, I have to give £10 to each of my friends. I don't even have enough for £10 total, never mind £10 each!

See ya later guys!

Challenges: #1 | #2

Level 2 Pixie, hoping to become a Scout/Ranger/Assassin mix

STR: 1 | DEX: 2 | STA: 1 | CON: 13 | WIS: 3CHA: 2

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

Hey there! Well good on you for trying again with a new challenge. =)

And I think the goals are pretty good (there's no point trying to go cold turkey, believe me, I've been there and done that...) What are you going to replace the soda with? My challenge has a similar goal, I'm cutting out all drinks other than water, tea, or coffee. No milk or sugar or sweetener in those either. Which is a big deal for me (my sweetener usage was getting absurd).

Good luck!

"I think it was blessed are the cheesemakers."

"What's so special about the cheesemakers?"

"Well obviously it's not meant to be taken literally; it refers to any manufacturers of dairy products."

EriTheHedgehog, level 0 Wood elf. Druid at heart, training with the adventurers.

STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Challenge 1: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42099-watch-out-world-eris-coming-to-getcha/

Thanks man =D

I'm going to replace soda with either water, apple juice, orange juice, blackcurrant squash (I can't give it up yet), tea or milk (can't give that up either). By the way, you may wanna go primarily with tea or water for your challenge, rather than coffee - I don't know how true it it, but I read in one of Lofty Wiseman's books (an ex-SAS guy) that coffee doesn't quench your thirst; it only really makes you thirstier. You clearly don't need those sweeteners - your natural sweetness is off the charts anyway ;D

Good luck to you to!

Ahhh I tend to limit coffee to pre12pm anyway, it's just for the caffeine hit. Everything else is tea or water. =) I particularly like ginger tea, it's great if you're feeling run down with a cold or if your stomach is unsettled.

"Well obviously it's not meant to be taken literally; it refers to any manufacturers of dairy products."

EriTheHedgehog, level 0 Wood elf. Druid at heart, training with the adventurers.

Challenge 1: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42099-watch-out-world-eris-coming-to-getcha/

I like your accountability systen. May I be your friend too? :D

Seriously... good luck with the challenge. I failed the last one too. Going on a new one. Hopefully I'll accomplish it and finally be able to call myself a warrior.

"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." - W. Faulkner

Ahhh I tend to limit coffee to pre12pm anyway, it's just for the caffeine hit. Everything else is tea or water. =) I particularly like ginger tea, it's great if you're feeling run down with a cold or if your stomach is unsettled.

... I didn't think of that... I've never tried ginger tea, or really any "special" types of tea - I just buy PGTips or something similar.

I like your accountability systen. May I be your friend too? :D

Seriously... good luck with the challenge. I failed the last one too. Going on a new one. Hopefully I'll accomplish it and finally be able to call myself a warrior.

Haha, yeah, everyone can be my friend! I actually forgot that my friends can opt for the £10, or they are allowed to make me say/do something that utterly humiliates me in any way they see fit. You can join in the second option, if you wish =D

I've a question for both of you: how do you add your challenge to your signature?

Good luck to both of you. Hopefully we'll all be able to finish our quests.

Okay, I figured the signature thing out. Also, I went out for dinner with the family tonight - ordered water instead of coke! Small wins, right?

• Like 1

Never give up never surrender every set back is a new opportunity and all that good luck it is my second go round to hope to see you successful at the end

Zombies Run           Endomondo           Accountability     accoutibuddies

Age  : 38         Height : 5 '9       Weight : 220 lbs        Body Fat %:   ~27%

Race: half-elf | Class: scout 
[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

Yup, all that inspirational stuffs. Good luck to you to, hope to see you at the finish line! (Geddit? 'Cause you like running... and... yeah....)

Indeed, woohoo for small wins! It's a good start and it's the little things that all add up. =O You haven't tried all the crazy teas? Get thee to the supermarket and try all the different kinds, you might find it keeps you amused and away from soda and stuff. Some are better cold than hot, soooo many new ones to try!

I concur ;D

Any suggestions for the teas? I have no experience in tea-testing at all...

Well Piddip, it depends entirely on the occasion. If you're feeling a bit ill generally, ginger tea is perfect. If you're suffering from heartburn/indigestion, peppermint is best. If you're trying to calm down, chamomile is the way forward. If you're looking for something quite fresh tasting, jasmine tea is nice. My personal favourite is nettle tea, it's quite refreshing and there are (allegedly) a whole bunch of health benefits attached to it.

I'll pick those up on my next weekly shop, thanks for the suggestions =D

Fruit teas! Well tisanes technically (total tea nerd here), but they're great.

You're UK right? Then Twinings/similar of:

strawberry, raspberry and loganberry tea - can be a little tart for some people; mum adds sugar to hers, but honey works as well.

apple, honey and vanilla - it smells like Christmas!

strawberry and mango tea - has a sweet taste that could ease any cravings

Non-fruit teas:

green tea with lemon - it can be a bit astringent for newbies (try a little honey perhaps). Green tea can be an acquired taste.

nettle and blackberry - yum

chamomile - seconding chamomile because it's great for relaxing and has a smooth, gentle taste

Assam - this can be quite strong and astringent with a mild smoky taste, take it with milk and it's a perfect, more complex version of the typical English Breakfast tea (PG tips etc.)

Lady Grey - my favourite non-fruit/herbal tea of all time. Take it black, maybe mix with honey or sugar. Absolutely no milk though because it contains citrus peel and we don't want curdled milk.Lady Grey is a 'standard' black tea, but contains oil of bergamot and citrus peel (typically lemon and orange, though I've seen lime too), and may contain other elements such as rose petals/rose hips, additional lemon peel or orange blossoms. The citrus taste is quite light on the tongue.

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

]"When all treasures are tried . . . truth is the fairest." - Langland

Thanks for the in-depth suggestions on tea; I can now see why there are so many enthusiasts!

Also, I don't know what my race is. All I can really say is that I'm short and slightly underweight. Help?

Thanks for the in-depth suggestions on tea; I can now see why there are so many enthusiasts!

Also, I don't know what my race is. All I can really say is that I'm short and slightly underweight. Help?

I blame Brittany. I went on exchange there and they assumed that I liked tea being a Brit and all that jazz. Being a Brit and all that jazz I couldn't really refuse them when I was a guest in their house, so I drank nothing but Earl Grey, diet coke and water for the entire trip. I developed a taste for tea and began experimenting. There are well over sixty different types of true teas - those being made with actual tea leaves - and hundreds of fruit/herbal teas/tisanes/infusions, so there are definitely types for everyone's tastes, it's just finding them that's the problem.

As for your race, perhaps a pixie? They're small, fine-boned and lightweight so that could work. Gnomes are quite small and light but tend to have a wiry strength to them.

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

To be fair, being a Brit and all that jazz is pretty awesome.

Pixie it is.

We are pretty cool aren't we?

And I just realised that never commented on your actual goals. >.<

I went cold turkey on the pop and cut sweet intake down to three chunks of dark chocolate a day (max) in early November. It was a killer for the first week, but it was easier than previous attempts at cutting the pop out because I basically carried around a water bottle and had a bag of nuts to munch on at the time I usually had my sweets. Once you get past the first or second week it becomes easier to maintain things.

Since early Nov. the only times I've broken my No Pop rule was for a three day weekend in London with my mates, and from 14th Dec until . . . well today. See, it's hard to drink alcohol without a mixer. And I only drink alcohol at Christmas and on my three day weekend holidays with friends. It shouldn't be too hard to stop it as I've been cultivating a mental association of pop = alcohol.

Essentially, your goals are definitely attainable and we'll be rooting for you along the way.

*gets out cheerleader outfit*

PIDDIP, PIDDIP! GO! GO! GO!

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

Your method of keeping yourself accountable is really interesting. I don't know if I would be brave enough to make myself give money to people every time I failed :( haha. Anyway, I also like your goal of starting your assignments early. I started doing that my second year of college and it has really helped my grades.

Thanks guys.

SuNoYo, we are the coolest. "U wot m8?" to anyone who disagrees. Thanks for the support - I'm glad to have my own team of cheerleaders! I'll probably need them anyway...

Bananapeel, you don't have to give money - my friends get the option to embarrass me or punch me if I don't have the money/they don't feel comfortable taking my money. Really? I just wanted to stop procrastinating so that I don't stay up all night finishing work.

Thanks for cheering me on - you know I'll be doing the same.

Good luck!

UPDATE: 2 "official" days down, 40 days to go! Haven't had a single soda, sweet or take-out (yay!), and I'm now about to do my homework. Happy days =D

@Piddip: We don't just 'U wot m8?' When others try to guilt/[other emotion here] us into breaking our goals we go full Catherine Tate on them: "Am I bovvered? This face, is it bovvered? Face, bovvered? No!" Though hopefully not as rude. Or 'fick'. Or chavvy.

Concerning your update:

mlfw1021_Rainbow_Dash_says_youre_awesome

Because you are. Been using teas to quell the cravings, or just gritting your teeth and riding (ahahahaha) through them?

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

@SuNoYo: Or we bust out the big guns: Little Britain - "Yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no. No."

ERMAGHERD. IRM ERSERM. Grit my teeth and ride on through. No soda/sweets/takeout as of yet, lets see how the rest of the day/week goes, yeah?

@SuNoYo: Or we bust out the big guns: Little Britain - "Yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no. No."

ERMAGHERD. IRM ERSERM. Grit my teeth and ride on through. No soda/sweets/takeout as of yet, lets see how the rest of the day/week goes, yeah?

Oh, come now, that's practically a war crime. No need to go that far unless they. don't. stop. hounding. ever. In which case, Vicky Pollard them to death and beyond.

Hey, three days; you're halfway there darling. Four more to go and you get another awesome gif. Have you tried using carrots as a sweet substitute?

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

I'm afraid it's needed. People in my classes have shot down my ideas in the past to get healthier, so I have to keep it under wraps for now =(

WHOA! WE'RE HALF...Way ... There... Whoa! Livin' on a prayer! ... Erm... *cough cough* ... Yeah...

You're at the halfway point too! I LIVE FOR AWESOME GIFS!! Not really.

I have not. I don't even know if there are carrots in my house...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines