Idealistinfire Battles the Island of Entitlement

Main Goal:

Be silly and Badass all at once

YES!

I love how you added in dog training into your challenge!  I geek out over dog training, and my dog would really benefit from some consistent work.  I might steal this idea some challenge.  :)

What kind of training are you working on with your dog?

Pixie Warrior 

I aim to misbehave

My NF Character, My Current Challenge

I'm working on positive-approach style training - she's a dog with impulse-control, fear issues, so she tends to make a lot of noise on her walks if other dogs around.  So mostly we're working on walking by dogs quietly while on leash (and she's doing great - about 50-75% from when we first started :) ).  But in the more fun realm, I'm trying to teach her to do a somersault. Sounds weird, but she does it during play on her own, so I'm trying to teach her to do it on cue with limited success.  Of course, I just signed her up for classes next week so I can get help with my timing issues, so specific skill sets will likely change as we work on homework.

And I had to include dog training in my challenge - As of November 2013, I have an official 5yr goal to be running my own dog training business, so I need a lot more practice.

Day 7:

Morning Ritual: "no thanks" allowance used, so full credit.  Although, I have church (aka Meditation) and then the dog park in the next two hours and Sunday is my official "rest day" for workouts, so by 1pm I'll have all my morning stuff done.

• Like 1

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

Heh, dinner...I totally sympathize!  5 yr plans are easier because they don't typically demand redoing them every day like a meal plan ;)

• Like 1

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Week 1 Recap: 13/14 total points earned, promises kept :)

Okay, so I haven't technically done tonight's rituals, but I'm itching to do them, so likely they'll get done early.

Things I learned for this week: sleep is absolutely needed to succeed (okay, I knew that, but it was proven again), the evening routine is easier than the morning routine and having a day off is brilliant.  Having a day of rest really does make restarting easy and fun again. 

Can you do a workout on your rest day?  I feel super energetic, which could be bad in that I may hurt myself. Also, I need to stick to my "odd week" routine because I'm giving blood tomorrow, so that means no body weight workouts on Tuesday.  Boo.

I'm working on positive-approach style training - she's a dog with impulse-control, fear issues, so she tends to make a lot of noise on her walks if other dogs around.  

So much love!  We do positive-approach training in our house too.  I need to get back to it.  My dog has some great base behaviors (sit to say please, leave it, and gets in her crate on command), and some fun tricks based on hand signal (twirl, spin, walk a circle around me), but she's completely nuts when people come over to visit and her leash manners are atrocious. Which means people think I have no clue when it comes to dog training.  It isn't my methods that are broke, it's my consistency.  heh.

Can you do a workout on your rest day?  I feel super energetic, which could be bad in that I may hurt myself. Also, I need to stick to my "odd week" routine because I'm giving blood tomorrow, so that means no body weight workouts on Tuesday.  Boo.

I use to like some walking and stretching.  Resting can be really hard when you get into the swing of things.  

Pixie Warrior 

I aim to misbehave

My NF Character, My Current Challenge

So much love!  We do positive-approach training in our house too.  I need to get back to it.  My dog has some great base behaviors (sit to say please, leave it, and gets in her crate on command), and some fun tricks based on hand signal (twirl, spin, walk a circle around me), but she's completely nuts when people come over to visit and her leash manners are atrocious. Which means people think I have no clue when it comes to dog training.  It isn't my methods that are broke, it's my consistency.  heh.

I use to like some walking and stretching.  Resting can be really hard when you get into the swing of things.  

Your dog sounds like mine :) I'm totally stealing that line about methods vs consistency since it's totally true.

Good first week!  I think you can do something light on your rest day if you want to.  Workouts are fun, right?  The last thing you want to do is stop yourself from having fun.

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Level 6 Ranger. Level 1 Monk. STR 11.5, DEX 5.5, STA 11, CON 14.5, WIS 15, CHA 12.5

Challenge 1 Challenge 2 Challenge 3 Challenge 4 Challenge 5 Challenge 6

Fitbit MyFitnessPal Battle Log

Thanks folks!  I did some light stretching yesterday, and then caught up on a book series I've been trying to get done for a bit now :)

Day8:

Morning Ritual: 100% - Modified Hotel Room Workout: 20 squats, 20 modified pushups, 10 each bench rows(21 lbs) and 15 bridges. 

----- Shoot, just realized it's now week 2 and I was suppose to add training Bree after my workout.  Oh well, we went to the dog park instead, so at least she got some extra attention.  Since I legitimately forgot it was the start of week 2, I'm giving myself full credit for that one.

Evening Ritual: 100% - Bree's learning and my cleaning = check!

My back is still sensitive and twinge-prone, so had to stop at 20 for the squats and nix the reverse crunches and sub in the bridges.  Felt good to move again though, especially the pushups.  Still not where I was about two months ago, but at least I can do some sort of pushup again :)  Had enough energy to tackle my weekly cleaning too and about to head to the dog park.  Have I mentioned it feels good to be able to move again without feeling exhausted? :star: Reminder to self: sleeping and rest days are super important!

• Like 3

Day 9:

Morning Ritual: 100% - tougher than I expected to add in the training to the morning routine.  Stretching felt great this morning - good decision to flip the workout schedule to accommodate giving blood.  I'm happily sore this morning from yesterday, which gives me hope that I'm on the mend.

Evening Ritual: 100%.  Really liking Flylady's daily missions.  Deciding to tackle that led to me completing my evening routine.  Huzzah!

Today's downside?  I woke up with stuffed ears and progressed to a nasty headache that took 4 aspirin to kill.  Hoping it doesn't turn into something else 'cause otherwise I think my blood donation has to be thrown out.  On the plus side, trying to balance with ringing ears aught to be a fun challenge and good practice for when I'm retired :tongue:

Day 10:

Morning Ritual - 100%.   Did some studying for tax prep instead of devotion since I'm getting behind and evening study isn't working.  My trusty sidekick and I worked on "bow", with decent progress. :dog:  1 Round Hotel Room Workout: 20 squats, 20 pushups (6 reg, 14 modified), 15 bridges, 10 dumbbell rows (21lbs).  Shoulders twinged a bit and my back still feels tight, but otherwise, a really good workout that I suspect will leave me mildly sore.  Knock on wood, but I am feeling better.

Evening ritual - 100%.  So tired tonight, but I got the cleaning and training done.  Huzzah!

Also, Loot earned!  I missed it before, but just remembered this part of my challenge.  Huzzah!

• Like 1

Day 11

Morning Ritual - 100%: slightly out of order, but all was accomplished.  Stretched out the shoulders and the back, tried to train the pup, did my meditation.

Evening Ritual - 100%: I can't wait for classes tomorrow - Bree is completely baffling me. I'd vent more, but I'll restrain myself.

Day 12:

Morning Ritual - 50% - I don't remember what happened here - I think I went into work early because I had to take a long lunch for Bree's vet appointment (needed vaccines for the class), but I ended up skipping the workout and dog training, although meditation and the walk happened.

Evening Ritual - 50% - was out too late and was too wiped to do more than stack dishes.  At least Bree got her class in, so training was completed.

Bree's class went decently well (less noise from her than during her last set of classes a year ago), but I am less-than-impressed with the trainer.  She talked badly about other training schools in the area (one of which I really like), didn't ask what Bree already knew (it's an intermediate-level training), didn't really listen to my concerns about training, and spent a portion of our class time trying to enroll more people into the class!  I'm continuing with the class since I can still get help with timing and it's good for accountability, and it's good for Bree's distraction training, but I won't be taking another class here and probably will never sign up for another big-box training program.  I'm also realizing that I've probably done enough self-study in this area that one-on-one lessons may just be the next step, expensive as that may be.

Day 13:

Morning Ritual: 50% - slept terribly, or rather, was awake from 2am - 6am.  I did do some stretching and meditating, but did not walk Bree nor make food for the day.

Evening Ritual: 100% - trained Bree, and used my "no thanks" pass for cleaning (besides the cat puke - silly cat got into the bag of food and gorged himself)

Day 14

Morning Ritual: 100% - took Bree to the dog park, did some training with her and had my morning meditation.  Used my "no thanks" pass for the workout.

Evening Ritual: 50% - trained Bree, but did not clean. Seahawks game was exhausting to watch :)

Day 15

Morning Ritual: 100% - back  on track, and it feels great.  1 Round BBW: 20 squats, 10 pushups (8 reg, 2 modified), 10 lunges, 10 dumbell rows (21lbs), 30 second plank, 20 jumping jacks.  Shoulder started hurting on the j.jacks, and triggered my asthma, but otherwise, a good workout.  After my workout, spent an hour on the weekly cleaning, did my devotion and trained Bree briefly. 

Evening Ritual: 100% - training and cleaning done :)  Despite a broken fridge, life is looking good

yeah, I'll get my money's worth from that class, will-she, nill-she.  I spent way too much of this month's budget not to learn something!

Day 16

Morning Ritual: 75% - it's amazing to me how one small misstep in my morning routine throws the whole thing off. I.E, I took my shower first because I knew I was simply stretching today and wanted more time for my hair to dry plus I was super sore, but spaced out for a moment and changed into work clothes before I remembered to stretch.  So I essentially skipped the stretching (jeans do not make good yoga gear) but did everything else.  I even remembered to pick out my devotion the night before, which was helpful.

Evening Ritual: 100% - 100%.  Been training the pup in three 2-minute sessions instead of one 5-10 minute session, and she's responding better, so yay :) and cleaning is going decently well, except the fridge died so there is that mess to finish up.  But I did hit 15 minutes despite feeling frazzled from work and having bday celebrations with the bf this evening, so huzzah!

Also, for easy tracking later, 2 of 5 100% days earned towards next loot (2 loots earned to date)

Too true.  I'm hoping for the day I can improvise on the routine, but for now - it's time to learn the scales inside and out :) (sorry, couldn't resist quoting my band teacher from back in the day.)

Day 17:

Morning Ritual: 100% - 1 Round BBW done backwards because why not?  Completed all 10 pushups!  The last two were ugly, but they were done.  And my shoulder didn't hurt at all :) :) :) That's the first time in what, 2 - 3 weeks?  Yay progress!  Oddly, Bree performs the "finish" cue better outside on our walks than inside the house.  Go figure.  And lastly, I had a decently thought-provoking devotion this morning - kept me mentally occupied until I got to work.  So good morning all around, even with the new fridge deciding to copy the old one and not work properly. 

Evening Ritual: in progress 100% - I'm super tired, but I will get this done as soon as I recover from work and before bed.Done!  It's starting to feel weird when I don't.

Update: started the evening cleaning and realized that picking up the "daily messes" too less than 5 minutes, and so could spend the required 15 minutes doing flylady's "daily mission" instead of adding it to the 15 minutes.  Then I continued to look around my house and saw far few "ew, I need to get to that" spots than usual (i.e., bathroom baseboards, door handles, etc..).  I mean, I had my bf's mother over for a spontaneous visit (less than 1 hour warning) and didn't freak since my house was actually clean!  That is huge given I grew up in the "we need 3 days to get the house barely presentable for your friends" household.  More proof that small changes applied daily really do make a significant difference :)  Gives me hope for my workouts and eating habits.

Update: started the evening cleaning and realized that picking up the "daily messes" too less than 5 minutes, and so could spend the required 15 minutes doing flylady's "daily mission" instead of adding it to the 15 minutes.  Then I continued to look around my house and saw far few "ew, I need to get to that" spots than usual (i.e., bathroom baseboards, door handles, etc..).  I mean, I had my bf's mother over for a spontaneous visit (less than 1 hour warning) and didn't freak since my house was actually clean!  That is huge given I grew up in the "we need 3 days to get the house barely presentable for your friends" household.  More proof that small changes applied daily really do make a significant difference :)  Gives me hope for my workouts and eating habits.

This is one of the best parts of Fly Lady I've found... the house isn't swinging wildly back and forth between disgusting and spotless from a 20 hour cleaning session.  It's just overall most of the time generally pretty clean. 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines