Idealistinfire Battles the Island of Entitlement

Day 18

Morning Ritual: 100% - almost didn't stretch this morning, but had a really good session - until the dog and cat started fighting.  Not going to lie, between that and our replacement fridge also being broken (aka, no fresh food in the house since Saturday), it was hard to be cheerful today.  But I got looser this morning and did the whole routine, and that was at least a start in the right direction.

Evening Ritual: 100% - easy-peasy.  Contemplating adding something else to my evening routine, but I'm going to wait a bit.  Perhaps in week 5 when I can add in the handstand/somersault practice, I'll do that after cleaning and training in the evening.  Something about ending the day with a bit of silliness-leading-to-badassery just sounds a bit heavenly.

4 of 5 days towards earning loot :)

• Like 1

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

Day 19

Morning Routine: 100% - barely made it, but did despite starting work earlier than usual.  Even got up early so I could get the ritual in :)  Today's workout was titled "Sneaky Routine", which is a series of balance poses.  Perfect for a "I'm so tired, I don't want to do this" kind of day.

Evening Routine: 100% - done and done :)  Class this evening, and then a lazy but effective cleaning

Bree's class was better than last week, maybe because the assistant was teaching instead of the main instructor (who was sick) or maybe because I'm trying to be as open as possible, but that's a relief.  And even better - Bree seems to be fully adjusted to the new routine!  I didn't want to walk this morning, but she nudged her leash as I stood there debating.  And this evening, instead of being my second shadow as I went from room to room to clean, she stayed on the couch!  I was up and about for 40+ minutes and she just stayed there!  If you've ever had a velcro dog, you know what an accomplishment that is.  I know part of that is the class, but she did it last night too :)  Even if no one else notices, it's good to know my pup is on board with the new rituals.

Also, loot earned!

• Like 1

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Day 20:

Morning Ritual: 75% - did everything but the workout since I accidentally turned my alarm off in my sleep

Evening Ritual: 100% - cleaned and tried to get the pup into training, but she must still be worn out from yesterday.  Even at the dog park, she was going at half-speed and totally ignore her usual playmate.  I think she was having an "old lady" kind of day.

You had a really great sequence going until you "accidentally turned my alarm off in my sleep".  I am not making fun of you - I've done it myself, it is so frustrating and panic-inducing!  I'm glad Bree is responding to the schedule you've set up and her classes.  Makes life a little easier with a velcro-dog.  Plus, she'll be reminding you to go on your walkies!

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Level 6 Ranger. Level 1 Monk. STR 11.5, DEX 5.5, STA 11, CON 14.5, WIS 15, CHA 12.5

Challenge 1 Challenge 2 Challenge 3 Challenge 4 Challenge 5 Challenge 6

Fitbit MyFitnessPal Battle Log

Pretty solid week even with the "Alarm off" part. I'll have to require more pictures of Bree though :D

Well, an order being an order, I guess I'd better obey!  Alas, I tried to upload photos in my thread, but they had to be sooo tiny, they weren't really worth it.  So you can check out my gallery and see a few photos there :)

Day 21:

Morning Ritual 100%: used my "no thanks" allotment since I have a ton of studying to do.  Kind of regretted that decision since pup was crazy all day until I finally took her out for a bit and I was stiff for a portion of the day.  I'm glad I have the option once per week to say "no thanks", but maybe next week I'll at least keep the walking and stretching bit.

Evening Ritual - 100%: cleaned and trained.  Both were good breaks for studying.

Day 22:

Morning Ritual: 100% - BBW Routine x1: 20 jumping squats, 10 pushups (all regular!), 16 lunges, 30+15 second planks, 10 dumbbell rows (26lbs), 20 jumping jacks. 45 minute walk with Bree, weekly cleaning complete, daily mediation complete, trained Bree

Evening Ritual: 100% - cleaned and trained :)

Mid Challenge Update: 89.6% success rate

Supporting Goal #1: (+1 WIS, +1 STR, +1DX, +2 CON) Practice my morning routine every day, with Sunday as an optional "no thanks" day. Points to date: 19 / 21 possible

• Morning routine is: wake up, take Bree for 10 - 30 minute walk, play session when we get home followed by mini-workout session w/ warmup & cool-down, make breakfast/lunch and prep for day, spend 10+ minutes in relaxation or meditation/prayer/reflection.
  • Starting week 2 of the challenge, add 5 minute training session with Bree after breakfast/prep for day and before meditation
  • Starting week 4 of the challenge: ban computer-use before work, church and/or 10am, whichever comes first.

Supporting Goal #2: (+2 WIS, +2 CHA) ,Practice my evening routine everyday - Saturday as optional "no thanks" day Points to date: 20 / 21possible

• Evening routine is: after work or dinner, spend 5+ minutes training Bree (may go for outing instead), play session, spend 15 minutes cleaning
  • Starting week 3 of the challenge: pick out meditations/prayer/etc... for morning and set out on the table.
  • Starting week 5 of the challenge: practice handstand or somersaults for 1+ minute. I cannot wait for this one! :)

Supporting Goal #3: (+3 CHA, +2 WIS) Confront entitlements and keep my promises! Points to date: 4 / 6 possible

• As needed, identify when I feel entitled and, if necessary, write out why that is not true in my journal.  If once per week I write about this in my journal, then this goal is met. 1 of 3 weeks written, although I've thought about it a bit more than usual.  Still, rules are rules.
  • Redeem Loot Rewards within 48 hours of earning it.  I have trouble following-through with promises to myself, which results in a lot of self-sabotage.  No doing the Saboteurs work for him! 3 of 3 - I'm still working on the museum trip, but that's not for a lack of effort!

You're doing AWESOME! 

Thanks!  I had to double check my numbers because I felt like I missed more days than that - but apparently doing at least 1/2 credit truly is better than doing nothing at all.

Day 23:

Morning Ritual - 100%.  Stretch day - man, did I need it.  Not sure it helped - I was both more and less sore afterwards.  Probably just more aware of what was sore rather than worse.  Rough walk this morning - all sorts of things to get the pup riled up, but at least I got to include the training during the walk instead of afterwards.  Meditation and prep for the day completed and successfully stayed off the computer.

Evening Routine: in progress 100% - studied a couple hours tonight, but the training and cleaning made good study breaks.

2 more 100% days and I get loot!

Also, I realized a couple days ago that I had skipped a day in my numbering system and my super mild case of OCD wouldn't let it go, so it's been fixed now.  In case anyone else even noticed :P

Well, an order being an order, I guess I'd better obey!  Alas, I tried to upload photos in my thread, but they had to be sooo tiny, they weren't really worth it.  So you can check out my gallery and see a few photos there :)

Day 21:

Morning Ritual 100%: used my "no thanks" allotment since I have a ton of studying to do.  Kind of regretted that decision since pup was crazy all day until I finally took her out for a bit and I was stiff for a portion of the day.  I'm glad I have the option once per week to say "no thanks", but maybe next week I'll at least keep the walking and stretching bit.

Evening Ritual - 100%: cleaned and trained.  Both were good breaks for studying.

Day 22:

Morning Ritual: 100% - BBW Routine x1: 20 jumping squats, 10 pushups (all regular!), 16 lunges, 30+15 second planks, 10 dumbbell rows (26lbs), 20 jumping jacks. 45 minute walk with Bree, weekly cleaning complete, daily mediation complete, trained Bree

Evening Ritual: 100% - cleaned and trained :)

For this achievement, you made it to the most wanted assassin list! Congratulations :)

idealistinfire_wanted.jpg

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

For this achievement, you made it to the most wanted assassin list! Congratulations :)

idealistinfire_wanted.jpg

Well, this is a pleasant surprise :) :) :) Thanks!!! :tyrannosaurus:

Bwahahaha, SEAHAWKS!!!! :) :) :)

So, after that tangent, I am saddened to see the post I made by phone did not stick.  Sigh.. I'll give a better update tomorrow, but basically I couldn't access this page from my computer for 3-4 days, and I hate using my phone, hence the lack of updates.  Things are going decently well, however, just lots and lots of tax laws going through my head (been studying to be a free tax preparer, huzzah!)

• Like 1

Day 24:

Morning - 100%: I may have looked silly, but practiced a handful of deadlifts with a giant tree branch at the park and did 10 pushups against a tree.  For doing that in jeans and a coat after deciding to skip my workout in favor of the dog park, I give myself full credit.  All other rituals completed.

Evening - 100% - trained and cleaned.  Bree and her archnemisis (the cat) can now eat highly-favored treats next to each other!  Otherwise, they're still in "I HATE YOU! GO AWAY" mode, but still, progress is progress!

Day 25:

Morning - 75% - no workout (I will not count the haphazard "stretches"), but all other rituals completed

Evening - 100% - trained and cleaned :)  Bree's "heel" is coming along nicely.

Day 26:

Morning - 100% - 20 squats and 10 pushups, but wasn't really feeling the workout.  All other rituals completed.

Evening - 100% - had Bree's class (still not a fan of the instructor) and cleaned, which considering I went out to eat with friends afterwards, is a bit surprising. :)

Day 27:

Morning - 75% - went to the dog park and did some stretches while the pooch ran around, and then straight to work so no meditation

Evening - pass day - 100% - sadly, couldn't keep food down that evening and it was a super long work day.  Not a good combo.

Day 28:

Morning - pass day.  100%.  Still felt nauseous so took an easy day.

Evening - 0% still couldn't keep food down well.  Made celebrating the game a little difficult, but at least I ate much more healthfully than usual and had no qualms being sober cab

Day 29:

Morning - 100%: I tried a couple push-ups and regretted the decision.  All other morning rituals completed.

Evening - 100%: good thing there's no time limit on the cleaning - it took me forever since I didn't have a whole lot fuel in me.  Kept down the chicken soup though, so yay!

Day 30:

Morning - 75%: passed on morning workout to give my body an extra day of rest after the rough weekend.  All other rituals completed.

Evening - 0%: worked too late due to computer issues and also didn't plan well. 

Day 31

Morning Ritual - 75% 100%.  Didn't walk the dog,Walked Bree in the afternoon instead of the morning, and we played extra in the morning.  "Cave Plants Attack" mini-workout: - 30 sec. run in place after each of the following: 10 burpees (included 8 regular pushups, 2 modified), 10 sideways evasive maneuvers, 10 lunges/finger-scrapers, 10 dumbbell rows (26lb weight).  Not a pretty workout (low energy plus asthma attack = boo!) but done nonetheless.  Mediation and prep for the day completed.  Not suppose to be on the computer but didn't think I'd have the energy for a massive update this evening or any evening until the weekend. 

Evening Ritual: 100% - cleaned and trained and cleaned (to make up for not doing my weekly prep on Monday).

So apparently, I typically eat more healthfully than I thought - I went two weeks without perishable foods (broken fridge, and then the replacement was broken too), and all the boxed and fast food did a number on my system.  I can really only describe the sickness I had over the weekend as a salt-burn.  I could keep down homemade foods (I don't really use salt) but anything fast-food or prepackaged didn't stay down.  Still not handling anything but "clean" foods well (ate a cookie out of habit yesterday and felt sick, though not terribly so).  Kind of surprised because I still a lot of junk food and fast food, but I guess I was already at my limit and the extra wasn't acceptable.  Luckily, the fridge is fixed and I have a number of stomach-approved items there now, so I should be on my way to be healthy again.  And it's extra motivation to add back in more healthy items. 

I'll check out the other threads tonight

Sorry you have been so ill.  I know it is frustrating to skip workouts, but it was probably the right choice.

I am following your dog training adventures with extra interest, since we are rescuing a St. Bernard mix puppy o.0. She will come home next week.  Any tips on introducing her to cats to head off mutual enmity?  She is super shy around people, but not sure about cats.

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

Ooo, puppies!  And a St. Bernard mix?  I bet she's adorable :)  Basic advice for cat-dog intros is to keep them separated for at least 3 days and up to a couple weeks and always have someplace safe for the cat to hide.  After the first day, start switching rooms (if you're keeping them separated) so they get use to each other's scents.  After a couple days, you can introduce them with the puppy on a leash and the cat loose, and then give the puppy a treat/reward every time she ignores the cat or does some action you want her to repeat around the cat (i.e., lays down, acts calmly, etc..).  Once the pup is acting nicely around your cat, you can take her off the leash and let free roaming being, with supervision at first.  And possibly again once your pup hits 6-12 months because they turn to adolescent pups then and forget everything they ever learned :P  Of course, that's the ideal method....

Also, if you haven't researched dog calming signals, that's super helpful because you can reward them every time they try to calm themselves down. I found learning about calming signals to be the single most useful advice about owning a dog, followed by reward-based training. 

Sorry for the long post - that's the problem with being a dog training-in-training; I can go on and on about dog training ideas :)

• Like 1

Ooo, puppies!  And a St. Bernard mix?  I bet she's adorable :)  Basic advice for cat-dog intros is to keep them separated for at least 3 days and up to a couple weeks and always have someplace safe for the cat to hide.  After the first day, start switching rooms (if you're keeping them separated) so they get use to each other's scents.  After a couple days, you can introduce them with the puppy on a leash and the cat loose, and then give the puppy a treat/reward every time she ignores the cat or does some action you want her to repeat around the cat (i.e., lays down, acts calmly, etc..).  Once the pup is acting nicely around your cat, you can take her off the leash and let free roaming being, with supervision at first.  And possibly again once your pup hits 6-12 months because they turn to adolescent pups then and forget everything they ever learned :tongue:  Of course, that's the ideal method....

Also, if you haven't researched dog calming signals, that's super helpful because you can reward them every time they try to calm themselves down. I found learning about calming signals to be the single most useful advice about owning a dog, followed by reward-based training. 

Sorry for the long post - that's the problem with being a dog training-in-training; I can go on and on about dog training ideas :)

Thanks.  I'll take all the tips I can get.  I have never seen a pup so timid.  The whole litter was undersocialized :(

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

aw, poor things.  If you haven't looked up counter-conditioning training or Behavior Adjustment Training (BAT), those are helpful training tips too

• Like 1

Glad the advice helped! 

Day 32:

Morning Ritual: 75%, although I ended up walking Bree in the middle of the day instead of first thing in the morning.

Evening Ritual: 100% - didn't do all the training I needed to, but got a couple tries in.  On a side note, Flylady really does make having people over easier :)

Day 33:

Morning Ritual: 50% - blargh.

So apparently, I typically eat more healthfully than I thought - I went two weeks without perishable foods (broken fridge, and then the replacement was broken too), and all the boxed and fast food did a number on my system.  I can really only describe the sickness I had over the weekend as a salt-burn.  I could keep down homemade foods (I don't really use salt) but anything fast-food or prepackaged didn't stay down.  Still not handling anything but "clean" foods well (ate a cookie out of habit yesterday and felt sick, though not terribly so).  Kind of surprised because I still a lot of junk food and fast food, but I guess I was already at my limit and the extra wasn't acceptable.  Luckily, the fridge is fixed and I have a number of stomach-approved items there now, so I should be on my way to be healthy again.  And it's extra motivation to add back in more healthy items. 

Sorry you've been so sick!  That is really rough.  But it's cool that you learned you usually eat healthier than you thought.

Thanks.  I'll take all the tips I can get.  I have never seen a pup so timid.  The whole litter was undersocialized :(

Aww poor puppy. 

Pixie Warrior 

I aim to misbehave

My NF Character, My Current Challenge

I see puppy talk but no puppy pics. I iz disappoint :(

Me too!  I can't get any pictures large enough to see details in them to post here, so that only leaves my gallery pictures.  Not sure if you've seen those or if I did it right.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines