MMyers: Massacring My Major Malfunctions

MMyers

Heyheyhey, this is a place holder. I had everything all typed out and went to browse reddit between proofreadings. After looking at a few images, I closed all the extra tabs... including this one accidentally. Not this one this one, but this one. I know as I type this that I'm going to type it all out anyway even though I said it was a placeholder, but I'll just keep that up there. Stream of thought writing is cool I guess. I kind of want to listen to music now, but I should probably do this instead because I said I was going to do it.

To summarize:

Last challenge

...went alright, I stopped updating but I mostly stayed with it. I fell off after the holidays, but it was pretty much uneventful.

This Challenge (my goals are)

1. Do four circuits a week. Two of those circuits need to include burpees.
  2. Walk four times a week. These first few days might be with new shoes, so it might only be a mile to break them in. Or they might not fit that well even after a mile or two. I don't know, I'll see what happens.
  3. I need to do some exercises every day to progress on them (hopefully) quickly. Those are: Push-Ups, Chin-Ups, Sit-Ups, Bridges, Third World Squat, and Flutterkicks. I might do two or three modest sets a day throughout the day in a 'grease the groove' format.

As for my non-fitness goal, I need to do a motivational exercise every day. It's how I used to study in high school for subjects that needed memorization like Civics. I was in a slump like usual a week ago, wrote what I needed to do twenty times, had the motivation to do it, did it, and then said: "Wow, I should do this more often". I don't believe I said it so poignantly, but I'm still summarizing if you couldn't tell. But that's my motivational exercise.

I'll also be counting calories, but that's not a goal because I should be doing that no matter what. I'm dropping my calories to 1500 and intermittent fasting.

After The Challenge

I plan on going to the recruiter's office after this challenge but before March. If I'm not confident that I'm presentable fitness wise after this challenge, definitely after next challenge. But there will be recruiter visiting. After all, I'm out of shape but otherwise healthy, there should be no reason why I can't destroy this challenge (or some vaguely wannabe inspiring phrase like that).

Are you doing the daily IM fasting or once a week version?  I have heard of success with both.  I do the daily version and have had success so I stick with it and have not tried the 24 hour version.  If only more of my wife's students were like you and took her advice to study a little each day, may be they would do a lot better on vocab...

I feel you on the counting of calories and intermittent fasting.  Part of my challenge goals include a Monday daytime fast - I eat dinner but only drink water (I'm allowing tea and coffee - without cream or sugar - if taste or caffeine are needed).  How are you planning on doing yours?  Also, I'm working on keeping my calories around 1350 but under 1500 as well (I count, but I don't freak out if I'm too off).  All the best, fellow ranger!

Dwarf Assassin | Level 2

STR (2) ~ DEX (3) ~ STA (3) ~ CON (3) ~ WIS (1) ~ CHA (3) 

Current Challenge Thread | 101 Things
"Rise and rise again until lambs become lions." -Robin Hood

Are you doing the daily IM fasting or once a week version?  I have heard of success with both.  I do the daily version and have had success so I stick with it and have not tried the 24 hour version.  If only more of my wife's students were like you and took her advice to study a little each day, may be they would do a lot better on vocab...

I'm going to do the fasts daily. Yeah, I failed a few tests until I found a way that works for me. I raised my average from about a D to B+ after I started the memorization stuff. I figured I might try it for a motivation exercise and it's worked so far.

Sounds like you've got a plan! Good luck with your challenge and with the recruiter visits, whenever they may end up being!!!

Thanks LoD!

I feel you on the counting of calories and intermittent fasting.  Part of my challenge goals include a Monday daytime fast - I eat dinner but only drink water (I'm allowing tea and coffee - without cream or sugar - if taste or caffeine are needed).  How are you planning on doing yours?  Also, I'm working on keeping my calories around 1350 but under 1500 as well (I count, but I don't freak out if I'm too off).  All the best, fellow ranger!

I usually do my fasts from 10 PM the day before to about 6 PM. So it would be a 20 hours of fasting and 4 hours of eating. And yeah, stressing over numbers does more harm than good. Thanks buddy, good luck!

Sounds like you're motivated! Make sure to let muscles rest if they are sore from the day before. You have a lot of different exercises planned so you'll do fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Sukiyo.

Good luck everybody!

I'm going to have a rough first week of the challenge. I'm currently in the process of ending a relationship, so this really sucks. We're still friends but it still is really awful at the same time, considering this relationship was involved in literally a quarter of my life.

I haven't done the motivation thing yet, and I ate from 2:30 PM to 7:30 PM. Fasting but wanting to stress eat is pretty bad, but I still managed to keep the calories down to between 1500-1750. No exercise, I don't know if I'm sick or if I'm just feeling really shitty from what's going on. I slept about six hours last night but it wasn't restful. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I need more time, so I'm not going to stay with the challenge. I spoke way too soon about feeling better. I think it's the fact that even though the relationship is over, we're still good friends, so it's a really drawn out process.

I'm posting in this workout log now. I'm going to try working with short term goals and build on that.

Thanks for all of your support, LoD.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines