18ck strives for less limping and fewer bizkits

18ck

I'm not an urgent case we it will be days apparently. Gah!

Thanks for asking though!

That sucks, but you will let us know as soon as you do?

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Had a quiet few days because I've been lying down and resting a lot. The good news is, the foot bone is still connected to the ankle bone. Hear the word of the Lord! (It's saying "back to the physio on Wednesday!")

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Had a quiet few days because I've been lying down and resting a lot. The good news is, the foot bone is still connected to the ankle bone. Hear the word of the Lord! (It's saying "back to the physio on Wednesday!")

YAY! 

Definitely listen to those words. PT should not be ignored. *continues to ignore this advice but works on ankle rotations under the desk*  :onthego: 

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Thanks @syren and @PB I'm feeling a lot better after a few days of rest (i worked from home today and Friday so didn't have to walk to by he station) and I have a physio appointment on Wednesday. Meanwhile, doing OK on the food front and knocking down some serious pushup sets. Plus, more time at home with the family. Yep, there's the silver lining!

• Like 1

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Oh and I finished that Chrissie Wellington audio book. Good heavens, haven't here triathletes heard of toilets? I must remember to ask German about it next time I see him on here. It's pretty inspiring stuff though, although with hindsight we can see that her admiration for Lance Armstrong was sadly misplaced.

We've heard of some sort of magical room with that name, it just never seems to be around when one needs it!

And sorry to hear about your feet, hope it gets better real soon.

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

We've heard of some sort of magical room with that name, it just never seems to be around when one needs it!

Ew, well I hope you remember your manners when you're at home!

And sorry to hear about your feet, hope it gets better real soon.

Thanks!

Hey, the physio says I have plantar fasciitis*. Yes! I'm a real runner now!

*spellcheck wanted to change this to "fantastic". Hm.

Woot for "real runners" status!!!

but seriously, look after that Fantastic, I've heard it's all about patience and physical therapy, so I figure your soundtrack for the near future will be something on the likes of "Rowrowrow your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream...."!

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Early morning physio treatments: stretches and...

Posted Image

The water in the bottle is frozen. I think it works on a clean carpet too. *ahem*

The plates of meat* have been a bit better this morning. I have been consciously trying to walk normally and even managed (unwisely) a sort of mincing trot when I saw my train pulling into the tube station. I didn't catch it, but we humans evolved for endurance, not speed. Our paleo ancestors would have pursued that train across the savannahs for days until it died of heat exhaustion, and on a good day I could have managed it too but today I just wanted patiently for 9 minutes till the next one came jnstead.

I brung my gym gear so I can go to circuits on the way home without having to go home first and risk the inertia of just staying there. I don't know if I'm up to it though. Maybe just an ergo session instead...

* that's rhyming slang y'all!

Hey, the physio says I have plantar fasciitis*. Yes! I'm a real runner now! *spellcheck wanted to change this to "fantastic". Hm.

Yay for being a real runner

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Not yet. Still aiming for a recovery by end of Jan. Meanwhile, just general cardio training to keep my aerobic fitness up and my core strong.

That bit about running down the train made for a good laugh. Thank you sir, feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Just playing catchup - oh no about your foot - Im pleased it is still attached to your leg.

I remember the frozen bottle roll out days, I think you just bought some repressed memories back to the surface. shudder.

Hope you recover asap and can get back into marathon mode :)

Traveling Scoutly inclined Druid

:pirate:   :kiwi-fruit:  :tyrannosaurus:  :kiwi-fruit:  :pirate:

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.â€â€• Oscar Wilde

Thanks @kiwi and @shukar. I feel like drawing a line under this challenge so far and starting again now that I know what's up with the foot.

Today I had 2 sessions of rolly-icybottle plus a 15 min ergo and 160 pushups (still on the 100 pushup thing. Week 5 day 2... Year 3..) I've been counting calories (groan) and that seems to indicate I am eating sensibly which of course I have to with this sedentary lifestyle!

Today was: two rolly-icybottle sessions, quite a lot of walking with my foot starting to feel a bit better, some gentle pilates and some gentle Portuguese reading. Friday night is family film night in the 18ck household - that and family game night are new traditions we have hatched lately - so MFP was turned off if you know what I mean, but Hi ho.

Anyway, boa noite Aptidão de Nerd!

Aw shucks about the PF! 

If you want a change from the bottle rolling, I can recommend frozen golf ball rolling. It's hideously painful but also strangely comforting at the same time. All the little dents in the golfball somehow add to the massage effect. Also I have found that foot stretching and foot strengthening exercises - picking up towels with your toes, and the like - are good against heel pain.

However this is just for random heel pain which I get from being overweight and running in minimal shoes. :blink: 

Film night sounds good, just like game night! At our house, Santa brought a new board game - "Settlers of Catan Junior". The adult version is hugely popular in Germany and, although I had never played it before, I can now see why. Very much like a little computer strategy game brought to the kitchen table. You are pirates trying to found settlements on different islands which yield different materials - gold, wood, sugar etc - which you need to build your ships and forts - you get the picture. We've been playing it ever since. Even my 5 yo loves it although she keeps buying rum to buy event cards. It is a bit worrying to have a 5 year old crowing "I need rrrumm!". But hey. Thoroughly recommended. 

• Like 3

Level 3 Human Assassin

STR 6 DEX 7 STA 8 CON 1 WIS 9 CHA 3

challenges 1 2 3 daily battle log

6 months goals

Ha! I need to keep an eye out for that one. We have the Lord of the Rings edition of risk but you need a postgraduate degree in game rules just to understand how to play it. We spent most of a day doI g it with me leading through the booklet going "umm... No, you have an A in your name so you have to toll the dice North-Easterly while whistling 'All the Single Ladies'". It would have been a bit dispiriting but I won, so it was time we'll spent after all.

• Like 1

*re-read that*

Spellcheck, I hate you.

So yesterday was pretty good: I spent the day hanging out with 18ckette /@Flyer19 while Mrs 18ck did some studying and a short run. We walked a lot and my foot felt... Not right but not bad, even after I hit the 10000 steps goal my phone has arbitrarily chosen as a target for me. We went swimming and I was pleased to see how very strong and confident she is these days, then (as per tradition) did some timed sprints outside and I even did that and still it felt fairly Ok.

Lots of rolly-icybottle work early and late. Sadly today I overslept and missed sculling but not to worry, I'm sure there will be other things to do...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines