[Jan 6 - Feb 16] Push-Up Challenge

*throws down gauntlet* 

Anybody else up for a push-up battle? All are welcome! Just let me know what you're current max is and what your goal is, and the winner will be the one who accomplishes the biggest increase in their reps! 

The winner will also receive massive bragging rights and have the authority to flaunt their victory in anyway they see fit. :) 

My current max is 55, and my goal is 120. Crazy, I know, but I'm going for it anyway. :) 

Oh, and friendly trash-talking is acceptable and encouraged. :) 

Let's do some push-ups! 

STR - 9 DEX - 10 STA - 12 CON - 6 WIS - 12.5 CHA - 5 Level 4 Assassin Soldier 

Current Challenge: "Becoming Oliver Queen: Part 1" 

Battle Log: "Will You Commit Yourself to This Program?" 

Epic Quest: "The List" (coming soon!) 

Мой аргумент не Ñ Ð²Ð°Ð¼Ð¸ - My argument is not with you. 

Count me in! I can currently do half-down push-ups. I will have a count tomorrow.

Great! I hope this catches on in the next few days or so and we have a whole host of other challengers. 

STR - 9 DEX - 10 STA - 12 CON - 6 WIS - 12.5 CHA - 5 Level 4 Assassin Soldier 

Current Challenge: "Becoming Oliver Queen: Part 1" 

Battle Log: "Will You Commit Yourself to This Program?" 

Epic Quest: "The List" (coming soon!) 

Мой аргумент не Ñ Ð²Ð°Ð¼Ð¸ - My argument is not with you. 

I can't resist.

I'm in, sort of.

My shoulder is a little messed up so testing my max right now would give me a low number not to mention that it would be a bad idea :P

If my shoulder feels 100% soon I'll test it and get a real number but for now I'll say that I can do 50 using my current form (moderately fast, controlled).

If my shoulder doesn't let up then I guess I'll just be here for moral support :( (:P)

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

I'm in, but I'm starting from a slightly wierd situation.

I dislocated my right shoulder on Jan 5th. So I'm slowly testing out my push ups and stopping as soon as my shoulder gets an ache or twinge.

I did 4 slow controlled push ups on Jan 8th.

I did 5 on Jan 9th (today).

I shouldn't be counted in the competition as my rep increase will not be a true gain but rather a return from injury. But I just want to tag along in this thread for the fun of it :)

Hell why not, pushups are part of my workout, I realize I am a little late to the party, I'll let you know what my Max is tonight and what my goal will be.

Lvl 3 Half-Orc Warrior Assasin

Male, Age: 30

STR 4 - DEX 2 - STA 5- CON 2 - WIS 4  - CHA 3

Intro Post --- Current Challenge

"Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try" Jedi Master Yoda

"Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out"

15 before my soreness from yesterday's workout kicked in... my goal is 40 once this 6 weeks is over.

Lvl 3 Half-Orc Warrior Assasin

Male, Age: 30

STR 4 - DEX 2 - STA 5- CON 2 - WIS 4  - CHA 3

Intro Post --- Current Challenge

"Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try" Jedi Master Yoda

"Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out"

I'm definitely in! I did an exhaustion test on Monday, and I'm starting from 16 good form pushups in a row. I'm setting a lofty goal of 50 by the end of the 6 weeks. Lets do this! 

RedCedar uses the pronouns they/them/theirs. What pronouns do you prefer? 

Here is a fun game to help learn/practice pronouns that might be new to you: http://minus18.org.au/pronouns-app/

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

I said to the sun, "tell me about the Big Bang".

The sun said, "It hurts to become." 
~A.G. 

I wanna play.  I can do 7 good ones from my toes and an an additional 15 from my knees.  I want to get to a total of 50 with at least 20 from my toes!

It's butt kickin time!! :playful:  

Suck it up today so you don't have to suck it in tomorrow!!

"I'm not a princess, I don't need saving. I'm a Queen, I got this shit handled!"

Level 4 Assassin

/not/smart/enough/to/keep/track/of/points

Challenge Thread

Improvement today!! 10 good pushups from toes and another 11 on my knees. 

14 Jan: 25 push ups :)

Limiting factor is starting to change from ache in shoulder to muscular fatigue. Still not wanting to push too hard yet though.

improvement whoot times two!

I'm still not doing any maximal attempts but it feels really good to be doing these regularly. I think my body missed it.

My current tactic is to do the push-ups in a controlled fashion. I'm used to doing them about as fast as I can so this is kind of a nice change of pace.

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

OK, I'm in!  I started the 100 push-up challenge earlier this month.  When I began, my max was 16.  Obviously, my goal is 100 push-ups in one set.  I'm up to 40, broken out in five sets with one-minute rest periods.  We'll see how this goes!

• Like 1

IronChefEd
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer | Subclass: Bard

[Level: 6 | STR: 33.7 | DEX: 7.7 | STA: 27.3 | CON: 27.9 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 15.5 ]

Current Challenge: 2016 is here!

24%
24%
Weight Loss Goal: 250 to 200

"No one will feed you as well as someone who loves you." -Alton Brown

I'm in for the challenge. In my regular training i do uneven pushups (1 hand on a ball the other on the floor), about 3x6. I can do about 13-15 regular pushups in a row.

Don't know what i should aim for, but shall i do it everyday?

And also, max in one set or over the whole day count?

Half-Orc Ranger in training - Level 2

STR: 4 STA: 2 DEX: 2 CON: 0.5 WIS: 2 CHA: 1

[1 [Current Challenge]

Accountabilibuddies DAI-GURREN BRIGADE

19 Jan: 2 x 40 push ups

I'm in for the challenge. In my regular training i do uneven pushups (1 hand on a ball the other on the floor), about 3x6. I can do about 13-15 regular pushups in a row.

Don't know what i should aim for, but shall i do it everyday?

And also, max in one set or over the whole day count?

I think most people are doing max in one set. But as long as you measure the same thing in a consistent manner, and you improve over the 6 week period - I think that's the main point of the PvP :)

OK, I'm in!  I started the 100 push-up challenge earlier this month.  When I began, my max was 16.  Obviously, my goal is 100 push-ups in one set.  I'm up to 40, broken out in five sets with one-minute rest periods.  We'll see how this goes!

Hey Ed, I'm in the same boat as you! I also started the 100 pushups program at the beginning of this challenge. My initial exhaustion test was 16 also. I'll be testing again in a day or two, and will be updating my results then

RedCedar uses the pronouns they/them/theirs. What pronouns do you prefer? 

Here is a fun game to help learn/practice pronouns that might be new to you: http://minus18.org.au/pronouns-app/

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

I said to the sun, "tell me about the Big Bang".

The sun said, "It hurts to become." 
~A.G.