I'm new here. You probably guessed that seeing as this the introduction forum.

I'm a 28 year old graphic designer and hardcore foodie. I've been fat my whole life save a few years around 18-21 when I had been training to qualify for the Army. After that I let myself go. I ballooned to 260lbs. Back in 2009 I had a stroke and I battle high blood pressure still. As a result of the inability to be active and the medications I gained an additional 90lbs. Just before the stroke my son was born and I certainly feel I have a second chance to fix things.

I have spent the past two years moving past the residual effects of the nerve damage and I am ready to kick some ass now. I was told I probably wouldn't walk again - BOOM - I walk just fine now. I was told I may never be able to ride a bike - SHAZAM - two weeks ago I rode my bike again. It wasn't easy but I refuse to give up.

Last October my mom passed away from cancer. When I saw her in her last days she wasn't herself anymore but I was told by my grandmother that my mom had been worried about my health. I made the decision then to do something about it.

That's why I'm here.

"A hero or a hooligan, well, that part's never clear."

Thank you. You know, I hear that a lot - that I'm an inspiration. I'm honored that so many people find inspiration in my story and attitude but I'm just me and I would like to think most people would fight for it rather than give up. I can't even say how much forums like this one and MFP have inspired ME.

"A hero or a hooligan, well, that part's never clear."

Welcome to life 2.0 :)

Keep up that attitude and you'll find you can be an even better, more satisfied foodie from eating clean.

Good luck with your journey, and can I say, I'm sure you'll make your mother proud from wherever she is.

I've come to realise that without a signature, people tend to ignore the last line of whatever I say, this exists to rectify that