obax gets serious (again)

obax

@ApfelStrudi and Lilith: I'm actually not a huge fan of the blue on my harness, but it's better than the purple that's the only other available colour. I'll just have to find a way to get it dirty without wrecking it, then it'll be better (I'm not a bright colour kind of person). I was mostly concerned with cost, I wanted to spend as little as possible and still end up with a decent harness, and from my research, and Nymeria's recommendation, this one seemed to hit both those points. I'm just glad there was an acceptable colour scheme in that model, because it would have galled me to pay more just for a decent colour, but I would've done it, because these things matter to me more than the probably should...

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Ooooh hehe.   That harness is so pretty!  Of course, there is little reason to wonder why considering this was the color option I chose for my lifting gloves.

onyxbluetop.jpg

Heheh loooove that blue!

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Week 3 Sum-Up:

Nadda. Other than hockey on Saturday. I can really feel the difference between now and the beginning of the season, when I was in pre-test shape....

Now that my interview and the related stress is passed, I'm really feeling like I'm ready to get back on the horse. I was just on the verge of getting to that point when I got called for the interview, so now I'm extra ready.

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Today:

Ran 2k in 11:17, despite shitty weather. It's cold but not stoopid cold, and I picked a time of day at which the wind had died down considerably. I'm neither here nor there about my time, it's not great but I haven't really run in almost 2 weeks, and the footing out there is far less than ideal. Running up hills on an inch of packed down greasy snow is about as hard as it sounds, and it doesn't help one's time when your foot slides with every step.

I have time for some strength stuff before work, which I will report on afterwards, since I haven't fully decided what I want to do yet. Tomorrow is climbing with my friend.

Edit: Strength Stuff

Incline pushups (on paralettes) - 5, 4, 4

Split Squats - 10, 10, 10

Plank thingys (on paralettes) - (10 slow breaths each: hollow body, right side, left side) x3

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Glad to see you're back on the wagon and kicking butt like before! I hope you get the job!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Today:

Climbed, maybe 1.5 hours or so. I got higher than before on a top rope route, but not right to the top. We practiced falling a bit, but I'm still not 100% confident. Then we bouldered for a while. It's been a full 2 weeks since I last went, and I can feel it in my grip strength. I can feel it even more in the skin of my hands, ouch... I will say, though, the new harness is 1000x more comfortable than the gym one.

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Cool that you got to try out your new harness! Glad it's more comfy. I feel like I can relate to climbing people with the grip strength issue and the sore hands. Making a first really hurts the skin of my fingers right now xD

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl gets her bujo back

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Glad to hear that you're climbing again and to hear about the comfy harness. ^_^

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Took the day off today. I woke up feeling like crap, I think a cold may be sending skirmishers in the general direction of my body's defenses... Plus it was cold and nasty out, and tomorrow is supposed to be much less cold (I have no information as to the nastiness level, however). So. Tomorrow will be a run + strength stuff + stretching, like Monday was, barring unforeseen nastiness, in which case it'll be climbing.

Also, I entered a photo competition again. It was a goal in a previous challenge, and I was recently going through some of my old photos and decided to enter again. If anyone is interested, here are my entries:

Flower competition

Free competition

Dog competition #1

Dog competition #2

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Today:

Ran 2k in 10:42. It's amazing the difference decent footing makes... Definitely feeling like crap (in reality, it's just a touch of a cold, but it's enough to turn me into a giant baby). I'm not currently feeling the energy for strength stuff, but we'll see how I feel later after some TV in bed for a while.

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Thanks! I wouldn't say I feel terrible, per se, I really am just being a giant baby. I'm mostly just lacking a bit of energy, I'm hoping this is as bad as it gets (it usually doesn't get much worse, I generally have an iron immune system).

I'm hopeful with the dog photo entries, but looking through the ones there, the professionals haven't entered yet. I've followed a few of these contests before and you get a bunch of bad photos of cute dogs, a whole bunch of good photos of cute dogs, and a few excellent photos of handsome dogs with professional watermarks, which inevitably win. But it's nice just to enter and try every now and then, though it'd be nice if you could get feedback on what to do better in the future.

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Oh those pics are awesome girl!    So so awesome. :)

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Today:

Climbed, about 1.25 hours. It was a good session, though I've definitely regressed in the area of grip strength. Getting it back slowly, though. Fingers are still all pinchy, that's coming back slowly too.

Also did some strength stuff when I got home:

Incline pushups (on paralettes): 4, 4, 4

Bulgarian (?) split squats: 10, 10, 10 (each side)

No time for the plank things before work, but one of the climbing routes I was working on today was quite overhangy and therefore worked my abs pretty good. I might break out the pull-up bar and do some knees to elbows (or attempts at knees to elbows) after work tonight.

Also, are Bulgarian split squats the ones where your back foot is up on a bench or something? 'Cuz that's the kind I did...

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Today:

Hockey. We lost, I scored a goal. We were short benched, which meant lots of ice time, but it was very tiring and now I'm exhausted. The awful drive home didn't help either, 'twas a bit stressful...

I decided to get in on the 30/30 squat challenge, so I suppose I should do that before I get into bed for realz. For the record, I got 3 rounds of +/- 2 minutes each last night, but that's all I could handle.

I may or may not do some stuff tomorrow. I'm still feeling kinda blah, so I might just spend the day on the couch... Maybe I'll spend the day squatting on the couch...

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Yay for goal!    And boo for short bench.

Nothing worse than having to drive through yucko drive for hockey. :/

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines