When I grow up I want to be a druid...

Hi all - I'm MisseLaneius, and I'm a druid with a mission - to lose the weight that is stopping me from being the best yoga practitioner I can be.

I'm currently 96kg (212 pounds for you US types) and yoga has changed my life.

I've always been a big girl, although this is the biggest I've ever been. Physical fitness hasn't ever really grabbed me - I was always too uncoordinated and too slow to be much good at sports at school, and whatever was between the covers of a book was far more interesting. As a result I became a geek (win!) and also started hating my body and didn't really see the point in trying to do anything physical.

I've had a lot of anxiety issues over the years, for a variety of reasons - so my partner put it to me - either I went into therapy or went to yoga. If yoga didn't work, I was going to therapy - like it or not.

I went to yoga and haven't looked back.

Now I regularly go bushwalking, I gave up smoking, and over the last month and a half, have started making the hard changes to my diet (no more chocolate!) and starting to exercise (powerwalking and then joining the gym for some cardio and weights).

Today I ran on the treadmill for 1km. I'm going to run a 5km race on 11 December, 2011.

I'm going to go to the gym at least three times a week.

I'm going to cut out alcohol during the week.

These are my goals - I hope to achieve them all by the race day.

HI!!!